Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #81
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
Marion was fair withot Nash and now he is a superstar. Amare is good and maybe a star but with Nash he is a superstar. Raja Bell was a journey man without Nash and now he is as solid as Bruce Bowen and better than Bowen on offense. James Jones was a nothing and now he is pretty good.

Steve Nash makes players into stars and superstars. Marion can't handle the ball to do what Nash does and has to have the ball at the right place and then he becomes a star. Amare is a human dunking machine because of Nash.

Go look at Phx when they had the point guard the Knicks have and everyone thought he was a star. Phx would be terrible with him.

Steve Nash makes people great. Not many players can do that. That doesn't mean he will win a title because he won't without a center. Jason Terry and Josh Howard are our play makers. Dirk is just a great player and a differ kind of player and Dirk has also improved in ast and passing but he will not win MVP this year unless Steve Nash gets hurt.
Wow. Stupidity. Just pure stupidity. I would say you must be a suns fan but i would hope that no suns fan was so effing clueless about the suns. Bell averaged 11 and 12 ppg in a much slower offense with the jazz in the two years previous to becoming a sun. His uptick in scoring can be directly attributed to the pace increase. Amare averaged 25 and 10 over the second half of the season before nash got there and marion was pretty much a routine 19-20 guy before nash got there. In fact hes only up about a point a game in his three seasons with nash over his 3 seasons directly preceeding nash.

If you are going to use the ideal that bell improving once he joined nash means that nash is the reason he got better or the same argument for Boris diaw, then you must believe that players cant improve on their own and thusly, you must say that something aside from Nash himself is the difference between him in dallas and him now. The most under pointed out thing about Marion is that he is without question the best cutter in basketball(yes that includes rip) which is why he is ALWAYS open for those alley oops.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #82
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

How long did he play with Howard? He made Finley a superstar. That is simple why we are better. We have a center. Shawn Bradley should have never played in the NBA. Avery Johnson will spank Don Nelson as a coach. Avery coaches like pop, this is title basketball because it is defense.

We lose very little if any with Terry as our point guard. We not only have a center but we have two. We do not play Finley, Irk, Nash, Jamison, Walker basketball anymore. That is losing basketball. Howard is better than Jamison, Nash, Finley, and Walker because Howard is Scottie Pippen and he plays defense. He is not only good but Howard is great.

We had Van Horn a sissy and we did not have a George, so if you want to know when someone says oh Dampier sucks because he scores 4 or 5 points a game, no this s a person that is stupid about basketball. Titles are made up of team ball, Spurs ball and not stat stuffers. Wade would have not won if he had not had Mourning stopping us all game long.

Haha that is so simple why we became a better team. Are you stupid? We have Terry, George, Croshere, we had Griffin, now Buckner, Avery not Nelson, Diop blocking shots and Avery has made Dirk play defense and own the boards alot of nights. We play defense dummy, an d we are no longer a Phx Suns team that will lose fast in playoffs. We are built for a title.

Why did we get rid of Nash because Cuban thought he was done at 30 something and we could not get a center paying him those millions. Nash did a great hing and so did Cuban, Nash has now made the hall of fame if he quits tomorrow and Cuban has already been to the finals and eith Dallas or the Bulls will win this year. So Cuban is going to win a title. Why can't Garnett win a title, same reason Dirk couldn't but no longer. Dirk has the missing pieces.

Jason Terry was a steal and he is very good for this team. If you ask people about Dampier/Diop they will say, oh they suck. This is what you get when people do not know basketball as it is not who is the prettiest, it is who plays team ball, plays defense, makes ft's, rebounds, and has a deep team. Cuban and Avery are brilliant. Nash has bettered himself and Dirk has bettered himself. The only derail we had was a brilliant Pat Riley beating us when his old team was not near as good as us but he out foxed us.

One last thing, you give me 5 jumping jacks like Marion, Stoud, Kobe, Wade, and have Nash feeding them all nite, that team will score a 150 a nite untill the playoffs are here. They will lose in playoffs but Nash is great and one of the greatest ever playing with jumping jacks. He was stuck here with stand still shooters and no defense, none. No center.

Nash doesn't play defense. So you put him on a run and gun team, no defense and he is great for reg season basketball. Jason Terry, Howard, Dampier and Diop are good and don't forget it and Harris could blossom into a star as we are not a stand still jump shooting team anymore and we are a very good defensive team and this is because of Avery and who we have brought in.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #83
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How long did he play with Howard? He made Finley a superstar. That is simple why we are better. We have a center. Shawn Bradley should have never played in the NBA. Avery Johnson will spank Don Nelson as a coach. Avery coaches like pop, this is title basketball because it is defense.

We lose very little if any with Terry as our point guard. We not only have a center but we have two. We do not play Finley, Irk, Nash, Jamison, Walker basketball anymore. That is losing basketball. Howard is better than Jamison, Nash, Finley, and Walker because Howard is Scottie Pippen and he plays defense. He is not only good but Howard is great.

We had Van Horn a sissy and we did not have a George, so if you want to know when someone says oh Dampier sucks because he scores 4 or 5 points a game, no this s a person that is stupid about basketball. Titles are made up of team ball, Spurs ball and not stat stuffers. Wade would have not won if he had not had Mourning stopping us all game long.

Haha that is so simple why we became a better team. Are you stupid? We have Terry, George, Croshere, we had Griffin, now Buckner, Avery not Nelson, Diop blocking shots and Avery has made Dirk play defense and own the boards alot of nights. We play defense dummy, an d we are no longer a Phx Suns team that will lose fast in playoffs. We are built for a title.

Why did we get rid of Nash because Cuban thought he was done at 30 something and we could not get a center paying him those millions. Nash did a great hing and so did Cuban, Nash has now made the hall of fame if he quits tomorrow and Cuban has already been to the finals and eith Dallas or the Bulls will win this year. So Cuban is going to win a title. Why can't Garnett win a title, same reason Dirk couldn't but no longer. Dirk has the missing pieces.

Jason Terry was a steal and he is very good for this team. If you ask people about Dampier/Diop they will say, oh they suck. This is what you get when people do not know basketball as it is not who is the prettiest, it is who plays team ball, plays defense, makes ft's, rebounds, and has a deep team. Cuban and Avery are brilliant. Nash has bettered himself and Dirk has bettered himself. The only derail we had was a brilliant Pat Riley beating us when his old team was not near as good as us but he out foxed us.

One last thing, you give me 5 jumping jacks like Marion, Stoud, Kobe, Wade, and have Nash feeding them all nite, that team will score a 150 a nite untill the playoffs are here. They will lose in playoffs but Nash is great and one of the greatest ever playing with jumping jacks. He was stuck here with stand still shooters and no defense, none. No center.

Nash doesn't play defense. So you put him on a run and gun team, no defense and he is great for reg season basketball. Jason Terry, Howard, Dampier and Diop are good and don't forget it and Harris could blossom into a star as we are not a stand still jump shooting team anymore and we are a very good defensive team and this is because of Avery and who we have brought in.
You should stop starting posts with terrible points, because then I might feel compelled to read on. "Nash made Finley as superstar"??? uhh lol.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 02-05-2007 at 08:50 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #84
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Marion was fair withot Nash and now he is a superstar. Amare is good and maybe a star but with Nash he is a superstar. Raja Bell was a journey man without Nash and now he is as solid as Bruce Bowen and better than Bowen on offense. James Jones was a nothing and now he is pretty good. Steve Nash makes players into stars and superstars. Marion can't handle the ball to do what Nash does and has to have the ball at the right place and then he becomes a star.
Tell me which year for Marion is with Nash and which is without.
21.2 ppg, 9.5 Rebs, 2.4 assists, 2.3 steals, 1.2 blocks, 45.2fg%, 38.7% 3pt%, 85.1% ft%
18.5 ppg, 10.1 rebs, 1.6 assists, 2.1 steals, 1.5 blocks, 52.0fg%, 32.2% 3pt%, 83.2% ft%

There's a couple of big differences. In one season, he shot much better from beyond the arc and scored almost 3 points more per game. In the other season, his overall fg% was much better. But, overall, they're both really good seasons... quite comparable for the most part. One is with Nash, one is without... So, what were you saying about Nash making Marion a superstar? Marion has been a great player for years. It's just too bad that not many people knew about him. In fact, before Nash had left for Phoenix, some in the Dallas media were saying that Marion was better than Dirk.

Now, let's look at Bell's last season in Utah compared to his first season in Phoenix.

12.3 ppg, 45.4 fg%, 40.3 3pt%, 3.2 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 0.7 steals, 28:23 minutes
14.7 ppg, 45.7 fg%, 44.2 3pt%, 3.2 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.0 steals, 37:30 minutes

The biggest difference is in assists and minutes. In 9 more minutes per game in his first season in Phoenix, Bell put up only 2.4 more points per game. He did average 1.2 more assists, but I don't think Nash deserves the majority of the credit for that by any stretch of the imagination. It's obvious that the main difference between his numbers in Phoenix compared to his last year in Utah was simply the mintues. He actually averaged more points per minute in Utah. So, your statement about Bell really doesn't hold any water either.

And hey, why not look at Dirk. How much better did Nash make him? You can argue that at the very least, 3 of Dirk's best 4 seasons (including this year) has been without Nash. So, did Nash make Dirk the superstar that he is today?

Last edited by Murphy3; 02-05-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #85
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Nash in Dallas
-----------------
13 or 14 points per game and about 7 ast

Nash in Phx
-----------------
18 pts and 12 ast

Tell me Nash didn't make a great move and that Cuban did not make a great move. Both did and both men have success.

Amare shot 47% before Nash arrived and since Nash has came he shoots dunks and a % like Shaq, 56 to 60%, shooting over 55% is unheard of unless your Shaq.

Marion's shooting avg is about 51% since Nash has came and his rebounds are up.

Raja Bell scorring is up and he has a better shooting % with Nash.

Phx fans was mad as hell when Joe Johnson left as they were in love with him. Phx and Atlanta hated Diaw and said he was one of the biggest sucks ever. Are you so sure about this? Go look what Diaw does. I would rather have Diaw straight up over Joe Johnson and get out of that multi million $ contract of Johnson's. Johnson wanted to be the Steve Nash and when they said no, he cried and wanted out, big deal.

If you think Nash sucks so bad, why is Phx better with him than without? I promise you the great Stephon Marbury can't hold a candle to Nash in Phx. Try him and see.

I am from basketball school and i am like Avery and i don't try to blow hot air and say i am a lebron fan so i am going to win it all, i am a Harris fan so my team will beat your team, or i am a Kobe fan so his daddy can beat your daddy up. Back up facts.

I am a Dallas fan and i will tell it like it is when we win or lose but i won't lie. For the last time, Steve Nash is mvp this year, if he stays healthy. He makes Phx a much better regular season team. They will not do nothing in the playoffs because playoffs are slow defensive borring games and Phx can't play this and they can't make stops.

Dallas is the best team in basketball and will win a title this year if the Spurs do not upset them or if the Bulls beat them in a defensive battle or if Miami gets lucky and makes it with a 75% Mourning and Shaq. Dallas should win a title this year because we are deep and yes with Gasol the Bulls will challenge us in a 7 game battle. I also feel we will and can beat the Heat at their best now because we were outfoxed.

Just because Nash leaves here i am not saying he sux. Jamison is a good player and because he left he doesn't suck. He is a solid good player. Finley was a good shooter in his day but he is o old now.

Now listen to this, i hate Kobe and guess what? He is one of the better talents ever in the history of the NBa and more, i am not a big fan of Shaq, but he is one of the best and most productive centers to ever play basketball.

So see i speak the truth no matter if i like the player or not. I can't stand Gary Payton but oh yes he was a good player in his time also. I am not a fan of Marion but you better believe i think he is a good player. Most people can't stand Dampier but i feel he is solid for what we need and i like him just fine. Oh yes he is over paid but so was Shawn Bradley and Big Country Reeves. Centers make alot.

I have talked to many cavs fans and they hate Boozer and Diop. I have to disagree and say we stole Diop and i like his play. I feel Boozer is a terrific player when he is healthy.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:19 PM   #86
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the numbers I posted compared to the post that I was speaking about. That's pretty much the end of the conversation.

I've never said that Nash sucks. I like the guy. I think he's a damn good player.. a future hall of famer. My only point is that I think his teammates do as much or more to make him better than he does to make them better. I was only pointing out with Bell and Marion that their numbers were comparable pre Nash as to what they are now. Read your post that I quoted and come back and apologize for your silly remarks.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #87
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

All you are doing is saying i am a Dallas fan so i hate Steve Nash or anyone that doesn't play for Dallas and this is not a true basketball fan of the sport. Walker, Finley, Bradley, Dirk, Jamison was not dunking machines and for the most part they were stand still shooters. We won with a good shooting % or we lost when we shot bad.

The Spurs win when they shoot good or bad and now the Mavs win when we shoot good or bad. It is because we have defense and are not stand still jump shooters.

Nash had to go to a team that had a center toi win a title but he had to go to a run and gun dunking team to win mvp's and get into the hall of fame. He made a great move and so did Cuban letting him go.

Dirk doesn't need Nash and Nash doesn't need Dirk. Put Dirk on Atlanta and he will still be great and so will Garnett or Duncan. Nash and Dirk are pure talent. I asure you Nash made Finley better.

Don nelson will not win a title in Golden State playing Phx ball and Steve Nash won't win a title playing run and gun old Dallas style without a defensive center. Dirk is going to win a title at Dallas and not because he is a one man show but it is because of Avery, Cuban, Dirk, Terry, Howard, Dampier, Diop, George, Harris, defense and more, plus a great ft shooting team.

We can play Spurs basketball and now we play it better than Pop and the Spurs. Oh it is not as excitting as Phx ball but do you want Nelson ball or a title? Enough said.

All of you shouldn't say Nash sux just because he is not here because he is a good player. Amare and Marion are good but they are great with Nash.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #88
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

They got the same numbers without nash, so thats' retarded. Gahhh you just keep rambling without listening to anyone elses posts.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #89
Murphy3
Guru

Ummm, like I said.. I don't hate Nash. He's one of my favorite players in the league.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #90
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nash in Dallas
-----------------
13 or 14 points per game and about 7 ast

Nash in Phx
-----------------
18 pts and 12 ast

Tell me Nash didn't make a great move and that Cuban did not make a great move. Both did and both men have success.

Amare shot 47% before Nash arrived and since Nash has came he shoots dunks and a % like Shaq, 56 to 60%, shooting over 55% is unheard of unless your Shaq.

Marion's shooting avg is about 51% since Nash has came and his rebounds are up.

Raja Bell scorring is up and he has a better shooting % with Nash.

Phx fans was mad as hell when Joe Johnson left as they were in love with him. Phx and Atlanta hated Diaw and said he was one of the biggest sucks ever. Are you so sure about this? Go look what Diaw does. I would rather have Diaw straight up over Joe Johnson and get out of that multi million $ contract of Johnson's. Johnson wanted to be the Steve Nash and when they said no, he cried and wanted out, big deal.

If you think Nash sucks so bad, why is Phx better with him than without? I promise you the great Stephon Marbury can't hold a candle to Nash in Phx. Try him and see.

I am from basketball school and i am like Avery and i don't try to blow hot air and say i am a lebron fan so i am going to win it all, i am a Harris fan so my team will beat your team, or i am a Kobe fan so his daddy can beat your daddy up. Back up facts.

I am a Dallas fan and i will tell it like it is when we win or lose but i won't lie. For the last time, Steve Nash is mvp this year, if he stays healthy. He makes Phx a much better regular season team. They will not do nothing in the playoffs because playoffs are slow defensive borring games and Phx can't play this and they can't make stops.

Dallas is the best team in basketball and will win a title this year if the Spurs do not upset them or if the Bulls beat them in a defensive battle or if Miami gets lucky and makes it with a 75% Mourning and Shaq. Dallas should win a title this year because we are deep and yes with Gasol the Bulls will challenge us in a 7 game battle. I also feel we will and can beat the Heat at their best now because we were outfoxed.

Just because Nash leaves here i am not saying he sux. Jamison is a good player and because he left he doesn't suck. He is a solid good player. Finley was a good shooter in his day but he is o old now.

Now listen to this, i hate Kobe and guess what? He is one of the better talents ever in the history of the NBa and more, i am not a big fan of Shaq, but he is one of the best and most productive centers to ever play basketball.

So see i speak the truth no matter if i like the player or not. I can't stand Gary Payton but oh yes he was a good player in his time also. I am not a fan of Marion but you better believe i think he is a good player. Most people can't stand Dampier but i feel he is solid for what we need and i like him just fine. Oh yes he is over paid but so was Shawn Bradley and Big Country Reeves. Centers make alot.

I have talked to many cavs fans and they hate Boozer and Diop. I have to disagree and say we stole Diop and i like his play. I feel Boozer is a terrific player when he is healthy.
did credit xpert make a new account or something? I would dispute your points but they are so fucking stupid there is nowhere to begin because you didnt make any valid points.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #91
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
All you are doing is saying i am a Dallas fan so i hate Steve Nash or anyone that doesn't play for Dallas and this is not a true basketball fan of the sport. Walker, Finley, Bradley, Dirk, Jamison was not dunking machines and for the most part they were stand still shooters. We won with a good shooting % or we lost when we shot bad.

The Spurs win when they shoot good or bad and now the Mavs win when we shoot good or bad. It is because we have defense and are not stand still jump shooters.

Nash had to go to a team that had a center toi win a title but he had to go to a run and gun dunking team to win mvp's and get into the hall of fame. He made a great move and so did Cuban letting him go.

Dirk doesn't need Nash and Nash doesn't need Dirk. Put Dirk on Atlanta and he will still be great and so will Garnett or Duncan. Nash and Dirk are pure talent. I asure you Nash made Finley better.

Don nelson will not win a title in Golden State playing Phx ball and Steve Nash won't win a title playing run and gun old Dallas style without a defensive center. Dirk is going to win a title at Dallas and not because he is a one man show but it is because of Avery, Cuban, Dirk, Terry, Howard, Dampier, Diop, George, Harris, defense and more, plus a great ft shooting team.

We can play Spurs basketball and now we play it better than Pop and the Spurs. Oh it is not as excitting as Phx ball but do you want Nelson ball or a title? Enough said.

All of you shouldn't say Nash sux just because he is not here because he is a good player. Amare and Marion are good but they are great with Nash.
i am now dumber for having read this. I have never put anyone on ignore but you are getting dang close.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #92
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Ok let me pick out a year with Marion with Nash and without like you did.

22 points, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 12 rebounds, 3 point % 33%, 2 point 53%

17 points, 1 block, 2 steals, 11 rebounds, 3 point % 26%, 2 point 48%

You need to look at regular season records with guys like Marbury comparred to Nash. If i am not mistaken one of the best players in basketball didn't play last year. His name is Amare and they said the Suns would not even make the playoffs and would suck. They made a mistake and did make the playoffs. Why? Steve Nash, enough said.

Just like Shaq calling Dampier Erica and the league making fun of him and saying we would not be good and most didn't even see us in the playoffs but we made it to the playoffs with Dirk and Dampier and guys named Terry and Howard.

Just face it, Garnett is good, Duncan is, Dirk is, Nash is, Kobe is and these guys do not suck just because they do not play for Dallas.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:46 PM   #93
fluid.forty.one

My head...

is going...

to explode...

It hasn't hurt this bad since creditxpert was here.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:47 PM   #94
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Why has Nash won MVP's in Phx? Because he sux? How many did he win in Dallas?

I'll write your names down also and come see you again at the end of the season as you say Nash won't win the MVP and Dirk is a lock. Dirk is my fav player and i am picking Nash to win a 3rd MVP. Let's see who is right.

I am also picking a Dallas/Bulls hard fought battle in playoffs and going with the Mavs. Most predictions i make before the season starts come true and i did miss last year as i picked Miami/Dallas but Dallas beating them.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #95
fluid.forty.one

I never said Dirk is a lock you numbskull.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #96
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

creditxpert is a great, great knowledge in basketball. i actually played a little in minor pro ball with him but that is another story.

creditxpert speaks the truth also and he won't beat around the bush and he is a huge Mavs fan. I wish he was around.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #97
fluid.forty.one

Okay, you've gotta be a regular from here on another account, or someone evading a ban.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #98
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Ok let me pick out a year with Marion with Nash and without like you did.

You need to look at regular season records with guys like Marbury comparred to Nash. If i am not mistaken one of the best players in basketball didn't play last year. His name is Amare and they said the Suns would not even make the playoffs and would suck. They made a mistake and did make the playoffs. Why? Steve Nash, enough said.

Just like Shaq calling Dampier Erica and the league making fun of him and saying we would not be good and most didn't even see us in the playoffs but we made it to the playoffs with Dirk and Dampier and guys named Terry and Howard.

Just face it, Garnett is good, Duncan is, Dirk is, Nash is, Kobe is and these guys do not suck just because they do not play for Dallas.
nash is the best pg in the nba. ive never disputed that. all of those other guys are great. thats fine. no dispute. that said nash isnt as good as dirk nor does he deserve the mvp.

as for the marion numbers why in the hell would you use his numbers for his second year in the nba???? If we are gonna pull bs numbers like that out, lets look at jalen rose. he averaged 20 5 and 6 one year without nash. hes avg 3,.8 and .5 this year so its clear nash makes him worse... clearly thats a stupid effing argument but im trying to use the retarded ass logic you are using.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #99
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Okay, you've gotta be a regular from here on another account, or someone evading a ban.
its doc reversing his normal persona i would bet money on it.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #100
fluid.forty.one

Quote:

You never clarified but I'm assuming the Marion w/ nash is the first line.

So you're saying that Marion wouldn't have improved his fg % a little, and his ppg by 5 by now without nash? In 3 years, a talented athlete like Marion wouldn't have raised his stats by that (really not that large of a) margin?

Come on.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #101
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

where is creditexpert at? was he ban for speaking the truth?

i get paid for most of my information these days so be thankful fluid you are getting free advice from someone as brilliant as i am and one day you grow up and get over 21 you can be smart and get paid for your basketball advice.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #102
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
its doc reversing his normal persona i would bet money on it.
I was thinking the same thing, but I doubt Doc would want to pick up his second strike. I believe evading a ban would warrant a strike.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #103
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I was thinking the same thing, but I doubt Doc would want to pick up his second strike. I believe evading a ban would warrant a strike.
its either him or it really is credit xpert
Old 02-05-2007, 10:12 PM   #104
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Dirk should be up for MVP and i thought he was a legit shot the last two years but i won't raise cain because if he does not get it. I can look down and see Garnett, Lebron and Kobe put up good numbers and for that matter Marion does. They will never give Marion a MVP, never because they think it is because of Nash and alot of that is true.

So i am pulling for Dirk to win again this year, like i have the last two years. Nash is having a better season this year, in the last two where he won. I want a title and MVP is not a big issue but titles are. Ask Charles Barkley what he wished or wishes for, Stockton and Malone.

I see it in Dirk's eyes, Terry and Howard's eyes as they are on a mission and playing mad. They know they blew it and sucked in the playoffs in the crunch and we was stopped. Nothing to be ashamed of as we was not even suppose to win the west and i know Dirk is sick of just comming up short in every tourney he has been in and especially with Germany and now here.

He is still one of the very elite players. I hope i am wrong and i hope you are right, that Dirk wins MVP because i want him to but i think Nash will. Why i like Dirk even this year so much is he is learning to pass good, ast and i have seen him block out big men, Duncan, and force people come over his back and foul him and he wasn't scarred.

Look at the complete picture and see his defense really improving, his board work, ast and passing and his team play along with all our guys. Dirk wants titles and he doesn't care about MVP's and this is good for Howard not making all star team as he will destroy the league the second half. Mark my words and see what happens.

Don't be afraid of Nash and Phx, they are going no where in playoffs but mvp is for regular season and don't hate on Nash what he is doing. That team isn't nothing without him and with him they are one of the best teams in regular season ball.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:54 PM   #105
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy
Why does everyone here say that Phoenix has a better supporting cast? Because they have 2 All-Stars.
But that only makes sense if the only measure of a good supporting cast is how many All-Stars there are. And that only makes sense if the only players with talent are All-Stars.
No, what I was saying is that a big argument against Dirk winning the MVP is his supporting cast. I was saying how that argument is bogus. That argument doesn't hold water because of the fact that Dirk plays with no All-Stars and the bench is one of the lowest scoring benches in the league. Yes, Terry and Howard are very talented players, but Amare and Marion are better. Even if the rest of the Mavs supporting cast is better, the fact that Nash has Marion and Amare playing beside him should be plenty to keep people from using the "too good a supporting cast" argument with Dirk.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:59 PM   #106
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy
I'm not saying Nash should be MVP. But I don't think the fact that he has other All-Stars on his team should count against him either.
How should it not? His assist numbers and scoring is obviously helped by having these guys to pass to and to take the pressure off him when he's shooting. That, and the fact that they have a worse record should be enough to get the MVP to Dirk. Too bad the writers aren't smart enough.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 02-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #107
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Wow, after reading this thread through (I missed a lot) Jannett Reno is all over the place. Those are some very ridiculous points and I'm not even going to bother taking the time to counter every single thing you've said. You just ramble on and on and the majority of your points are just pathetic and very badly written. I'm sorry, but you really should re-read your posts and re-think because you are very wrong on this subject.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:32 PM   #108
fluid.forty.one

I think it's just creditxpert coming back to haunt us. I think the mods should do an IP address check and ban him if it really is him.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #109
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Yeah, it kind of seems like that to me too. And the mods will do that, so we'll find out soon enough.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:48 AM   #110
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I disagree. I say we are a much, much better team than Phx. Phx will not win two games from us in the playoffs not because Dirk is a one man show but because of our first 10 players. You say our bench is weak and i strongly disagree as i say our bench is the very best and eepest in nba basketball and much better than Phx.

Nash is the best Don Nelson player in the league and Kobe would give him a run for his money but he can't win a title playing this way. That is sad to say Dallas has no all-stars so Dirk is the best in everything. Dirk is great and let's hope he wins the MVP and a title but you should never count Howard, Terry, Harris, Dampier, Diop short and a guy like Stackhouse is a very solid and good offensive player also. In Phx if he started with Nash he would go over 25 a night. Buckner is solid and a good defensive player.

Anyone that says Dallas is a one man show has not watched Avery Johnson and his Dallas Mavs. It isn't because of one player and we will win a title with 10 players not 1. Why we lost last year is because we tossed the ball to Dirk and Terry and said do something. Do like Wade and score. They do not play like Kobe, Wade, Lebron or Iverson. They play pass and team basketball and move the ball around. Riley did hurt us because he shut Howard down towards the end and usually no one in the league shuts Howard down.

Then the finalk thing was we could not stop or even slow Wade with him going 1 on 5. Harris tried hard and so did Howard but this is why we drafted Ager and why we got Buckner because Kobe, Wade and now probably Lebron kills us. We had to get a stopped or some players that could slow a player like Kobe some. Not stop him but slow him a bit.

Griffin was very solid and good but just wasn't fast enough to stay with Wade and Kobe. Our team is complete and again i will stand behind my statements, Dallas will win a title this year because they are the deepest team and that means bench. Chicago can challenge with a guy like Gasol. The Spurs have an outside shot at us. Phx has no chance in the playoffs against Dallas or San Antonio if they have 5 all stars. They have no center and they are not a good enough defensive team.

I say we are a much better team this year and deeper. I also give Nash huge credit what he is doing again this year. He does it with Amare or without, last year. They are a great regular season racking up wins, regular season team with Nash and an early exit in playoffs. Nash will also win 3 MVP's.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 AM   #111
fluid.forty.one

He just keeps going.. and going.. and going..

I'm not even sure if he's trying to make a point anymore. He just keeps saying the same thing over and over like he's vomiting on the forum.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:24 AM   #112
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Phx has no chance in the playoffs against Dallas or San Antonio if they have 5 all stars. They have no center and they are not a good enough defensive team.
What has changed since two years ago?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:33 AM   #113
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
What has changed since two years ago?
If I'm a Suns fan I hope quite a bit.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:35 AM   #114
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Well, they beat Dallas in the playoffs that year, so I was thinking of both perspectives.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:38 AM   #115
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

They then lost to the Spurs in 5. Like I said, if I'm a Suns fan I'm hoping we've inproved because Dallas has.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:56 AM   #116
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

People, you are acting like you're surprised that Janett_Reno's an idiot. Anyone who would actually call themselves that has got to be a moron, or just plain nuts.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:22 PM   #117
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
No, what I was saying is that a big argument against Dirk winning the MVP is his supporting cast. I was saying how that argument is bogus. That argument doesn't hold water because of the fact that Dirk plays with no All-Stars and the bench is one of the lowest scoring benches in the league. Yes, Terry and Howard are very talented players, but Amare and Marion are better. Even if the rest of the Mavs supporting cast is better, the fact that Nash has Marion and Amare playing beside him should be plenty to keep people from using the "too good a supporting cast" argument with Dirk.
Oh, are you saying that if the "supporting cast" argument counts against Dirk, that it also must count against Nash?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #118
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

I agree that Dirk is the MVP...but seriously...are we gonna whine about it this early? I mean we still got half a season to go!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #119
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
I agree that Dirk is the MVP...but seriously...are we gonna whine about it this early? I mean we still got half a season to go!
Whine gets better with age. Why not keep whining til he wins it?

Last edited by WurzburgBorn; 02-06-2007 at 01:09 PM.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #120
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
in short, yes.

Tags
dirk