Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-23-2008, 10:25 PM   #81
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

First, to thiggy, I'm not at all convinced that Kidd needs to "hide" defensively. Old man legs aside, he's probably our smartest defender. And please don't point to CP3 owning him, because, obviously, that guy owns everyone. He even owned the Spurs for most of the series.

Dirno, I completely agree with you that it's a different set of needs. However, my original point only had to do with the people who have asserted that "Kidd is done," which I'm sure you can agree is not the same thing as "Kidd may not fulfill our needs as well as X player."

I guarantee you that our Olympic team is not picking players who are "done."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #82
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

they aren't picking finished players and they aren't picking the "top 3" or whatever for each position. They are going with actual roles and picking the best people who fit the rolls.

I never really saw Kidd hide either with the Mavs. He was usually asked to take the tough cover at the guard position, whether it was a good idea or not. He doesn't have the same speed, but he hasn't lost a step upstairs, he's smart.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:28 AM   #83
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus... did anyone else happen to notice that our boy is 44-0 in his international career? What a stud.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #84
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Yea, 44-0, one of the reasons why Colangelo decided to include him on last year's team and this year's team. Kidd asked, Colangelo invited. I think Colangelo's original plan was to take pick from a roster that was assembled for the 2006 World Championships.

Kidd looks to be busy this summer with various things. Celebrity golf in Mid-July, with USA basketball commitments sandwiching the tourney, now this with Nash and Davis:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3458050

Kidd did play some soccer before basketball....way back in elementary school
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #85
wang_mic

wang_mic is on a distinguished road

Considering Mr.Tripple-DOUBLE'S age, considering the effect that occured in the playoffs, considering the destruction of my memory of the 06-07-67WIN Mavericks. I can't give up thinking those merits that Kidd has brougt to Dallas, and we are squandering a raising star to nearly clumsy frantic trade. That trade has ruined my faith on Mavs and what is more, all we got is a bunch of useless cheerleaders on bench( certainly except Mr. KIDD!!!!) Hell, yeah, getting crazy is all we wanted. I don't even want to make a comment about this trade, for me carpe diem is everything.
wang_mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #86
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Although...one could definitely argue that Kidd was a GREAT cheerleader during the last 30 seconds of THE San Antonio game. Thanks Avery!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #87
wang_mic

wang_mic is on a distinguished road

Anyway,GET SOMETHING BETTER NEXT YEAR! non-screwing-up by any kind of AVERY-INSANITY. AND keep your chin up Mr.Tripple Double!!
wang_mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #88
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XKN4ys1rohQ

another great Kidd story

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jason kidd