Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-02-2008, 12:01 AM   #81
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Once again, I'm going to bring up that he's 31.

So please cut the man some slack, it's clear he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
Go come up with some more trade ideas cuz those are always awesome! Or just continue to standby and jump into my conversations with stupid ass high school comments.
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2008, 12:03 AM   #82
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta give him props--at least he hasn't resorted to calling anyone a "young punk" yet.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-02-2008 at 12:03 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #83
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
I gotta give him props--at least he hasn't resorted to calling anyone a "young punk" yet.
Some people mature later than others.

... and some ALOT later

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:10 AM   #84
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
While I know you'd go to great lengths to debate a point that Avery outcoached anyone, you know as well as I do from watching that series that he outcoached D'Antoni by a wide margin. With the exception of Game 5, which was won on Dirk's shoulders, the Mavs' wins can be significantly attributed to defensive adjustments made by Avery.

Second, while I'm pretty sure I understand your point about possessions, a lower number possessions in and of itself, against that particular Suns team, indicates good defensive coaching. Even if the FG percentages were exactly the same from half to half (which they weren't), lowering the pace such as to knock 20-25 points off the Suns score in the 2nd half is good coaching.

But, here are stats from one of the games (game 3). Since box scores don't indicate half-time stats, at least that I'm aware, I had to pull up the full-game video I have on my HD, so I'm not going to spend time getting the other games. I assure you, though, the stats are similar--

1st half -- Suns shoot 49%, score 52 points
Game total -- Suns shoot 41% (total), score 88 points

Dropping from 49% in the first half to 41% for the game either a pretty big downturn in 2nd half shooting percentage, probably around 33%.
I'm reluctant to do this...but let's just say that I accept your argument. Tell me how Avery did it. Then I'll decide.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:12 AM   #85
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Some people mature later than others.

... and some ALOT later
alby
pwned!

alby
bgarrett = sonned!

Alby=Mature
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #86
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'm reluctant to do this...but let's just say that I accept your argument. Tell me how Avery did it. Then I'll decide.
You've already decided.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:21 AM   #87
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You've already decided.
Was that you falling on your sword?

C'mon, dude, you're in law school. This should be an easy challenge for you.

Last edited by chumdawg; 07-02-2008 at 01:21 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote