Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 AM   #81
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
as far as continual on the floor impact, BD and CM are nowhere close.
Exactly my point, and they do a lot of the same things.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-09-2008 at 12:45 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 AM   #82
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Exactly my point, and they do a lot of the same things.
So they are not the "same" in quality...but in general aptitudes?

your point is quite deep.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-09-2008 at 01:01 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #83
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, why was Mike Miller mentioned in the thread?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:11 AM   #84
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We can debate the differences of a PG versus an SG, but the real point was that the Dampier to Nash analogy was weak, as it involved two guys who probably don't have a single overlapping skill.
I wasn't necessarily interested in skillsets, because in the context of a team that will take care of itself. I was thinking more of contributions.

It was such a shame to see Dampier on the bench for such prolonged periods in the playoffs, while Nash was plying his wares. One would tend to expect more from his beanstalk beans.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:22 AM   #85
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I wasn't necessarily interested in skillsets, because in the context of a team that will take care of itself. I was thinking more of contributions.

It was such a shame to see Dampier on the bench for such prolonged periods in the playoffs, while Nash was plying his wares. One would tend to expect more from his beanstalk beans.
Noted, but I do firmly believe that it's possible for a team to get better when they swap out a better player for a worse player (even an "A-grade" player for a "C-grade" player, ala Nash to Damp) IF those players happen to be very, very different types of players.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:05 AM   #86
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Noted, but I do firmly believe that it's possible for a team to get better when they swap out a better player for a worse player (even an "A-grade" player for a "C-grade" player, ala Nash to Damp) IF those players happen to be very, very different types of players.
You would expect a condition to be that the said team had a surplus at the A-grade player's position for your construct to be true, correct? If not, it naturally follows that the C-grade player's position is that much more important to the team's success than the A-grade player's position is, right?

Otherwise you are robbing Peter to pay Paul, and just spinning your wheels.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #87
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Rumors have the Warriors agree to a 4 year/$17 million deal with Ronny Turiaf. His agent wouldn't confirm or deny. If true the Lakers have 7 days to match or not. I don't see them doing so but we'll see.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #88
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt they will if they still want to keep Sasha, or look at Posey or trade ideas with Artest...or even farther down the line with re-upping with Bynum.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #89
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Wait, why was Mike Miller mentioned in the thread?
I don't know but I'd sure like to nab him from the Wolves. Wonder if they're interested in anything we have to offer?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #90
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

How long before he is allowed to be traded again?

Contact Me
Old 07-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #91
alby
Guru

With that being said, the Mavericks did well yesterday... without doing anything at all.

Maggette went for the money, and is not a Spur nor a Celtic
Pietrus was signed for the full MLE
Brand is no longer in the West

Talent is being scattered, and this can only help the Mavs' chances.
Kind of a pitiful way to look at it, but the way the FO has been running our team, maybe laziness is a good thing.

Contact Me
Old 07-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #92
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Isn't Turiaf a 3 year pro? Don't the Lakers have his bird rights?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #93
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
With that being said, the Mavericks did well yesterday... without doing anything at all.

Maggette went for the money, and is not a Spur nor a Celtic
Pietrus was signed for the full MLE
Brand is no longer in the West

Talent is being scattered, and this can only help the Mavs' chances.
Kind of a pitiful way to look at it, but the way the FO has been running our team, maybe laziness is a good thing.
How does it help the Mavs though lol? The teams that were better than the Mavs last season still have the same talent they had last season. Hell and some teams are getting better by just having another year under their belt with the same coach and players.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #94
alby
Guru

Maggette to SA, LAL, or Boston would have sucked.
Brand staying in LAC would have sucked

I guess I'm just referring to the fact that talent is being scattered throughout the league as opposed to being stacked like a year ago, which only helps the Mavericks.

With the addition of Carlisle (most importantly, the firing of Avery), Diop, and athleticsm.. we can improve by a minimum of 5 games IMHO.

Contact Me
Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #95
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maggette to SA, LAL, or Boston would have sucked.
Brand staying in LAC would have sucked

I guess I'm just referring to the fact that talent is being scattered throughout the league as opposed to being stacked like a year ago, which only helps the Mavericks.

With the addition of Carlisle (most importantly, the firing of Avery), Diop, and athleticsm.. we can improve by a minimum of 5 games IMHO.
More importantly - the best teams haven't gotten better and we can still make a couple moves to compete (without having our hand forced like LA did with the Gasol trade...)

We're not dictating the offseason, but we're not being dictated either - there's still plenty of reason to be hopeful...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #96
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Ronnie Turiaf getting a 17 mil offer just shows the market for big men. Diop definitely got fair market value and would have gotten the MLE somewhere else if not with the Mavs.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #97
alby
Guru

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3479918

Jones signs five-year contract with hometown Heat

MIAMI -- James Jones has signed a five-year contract with the Miami Heat, giving the swingman an opportunity to play for his hometown team starting next season.

Jones, a South Florida native who played at the University of Miami, made 291 shots from 3-point range over the past three seasons while playing for Phoenix and Portland. The forward opted out of his deal with Portland earlier this offseason, and the Heat quickly showed interest, offering a deal that will pay him $4 million next season.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel first reported terms of the agreement.

Jones shot a career-best 44 percent from 3-point range last season, giving Miami a dimension it wanted to add this summer. The Heat shot only 36 percent from 3-point range as a team this past season.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Contact Me
Old 07-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #98
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I'd like to see something done with Stack. It's like Finley all over again. Stack's pretty much used up his fill.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #99
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
More importantly - the best teams haven't gotten better.
Aren't the Hornets nabbing James Posey? That is a good team getting better.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #100
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Aren't the Hornets nabbing James Posey? That is a good team getting better.
Link?

I thought that was a rumor, same as Maggette going to San Antonio - did they close a deal???

Old 07-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #101
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

No they haven't closed a deal but they have said that he is a target for a signing. I would still think Boston wants to keep him. With Maggette out of the picture for Boston, Posey still has to be option one.

He is the new age Robert Horry, in a sense.

edit:
Underdog...you want your link???? I got your link RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT HERRRRRRRRRRE
http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/200...ention_on.html

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-09-2008 at 02:58 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #102
sike
The Preacha

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
He is the new age Robert Horry, in a sense.
Very nice.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #103
BGMaverick9
Guru

thanks, I think I read a blurb on Hoopshype of D-Wade quote and it went along the lines that Posey isn't a huge stat machine but he leaves his imprint on the game and the team. He said he was missed greatly after he left.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #104
alby
Guru

MILWAUKEE -- Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut will sign a five-year, $72.5 million extension later this week, his agent said Wednesday.

---

really? 72.5?

Contact Me
Old 07-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #105
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
MILWAUKEE -- Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut will sign a five-year, $72.5 million extension later this week, his agent said Wednesday.

---

really? 72.5?
last year...14.5/10/3 ... 50% fg

shows improvement each year..

but yeah...wtf 72.5?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #106
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/b....3d67a29f.html

Spurs sign Roger Mason JR. Solid move. Not as flashy as Maggette but he's someone they've been after in the past. He sounds like a Spurs type player.

Still have the LLE (Barry maybe?) and half the MLE to work with.

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 07-09-2008 at 10:38 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #107
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You would expect a condition to be that the said team had a surplus at the A-grade player's position for your construct to be true, correct? If not, it naturally follows that the C-grade player's position is that much more important to the team's success than the A-grade player's position is, right?

Otherwise you are robbing Peter to pay Paul, and just spinning your wheels.
Actually, I think there's an alternative to the two conditions precedent you just mentioned: I think the Mavs did a better job covering up their lack of a good PG (until Kidd) than they did covering up their lack of a center prior to that. For whatever reason.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #108
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
last year...14.5/10/3 ... 50% fg

shows improvement each year..

but yeah...wtf 72.5?
Elton Brand get's 79 million for 5 years.
Andrew Bogut get's 72 million for 5 years.

I guess Diop was a steal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley

Spurs sign Roger Mason JR. Solid move. Not as flashy as Maggette but he's someone they've been after in the past. He sounds like a Spurs type player.

Very solid move. It always feels like they make these quiet moves that no one talks about, but definitely should be commended for. Last year it was Udoka, this year could be Mason.

Contact Me
Old 07-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #109
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Rumors have the Lakers offering Lamar Odom to Sacramento for Ron Artest.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #110
alby
Guru

Odumb for Artest or Odumb for Marion would suck for us.

Contact Me
Old 07-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #111
alby
Guru

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3481262

Clippers renounce rights to Livingston, four other players

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Clippers said Wednesday that they had renounced their rights to Shaun Livingston, the recuperating guard who is an unrestricted free agent, and four other players.

The other players are Dan Dickau, Boniface Ndong, Smush Parker and James Singleton.

Livingston, taken by Los Angeles as the fourth overall pick in the 2004 NBA draft, hasn't played since injuring his left knee in a game on Feb. 26, 2007.

The Clippers declined to give him a $5.8 million qualifying offer this summer.

According to the NBA collective bargaining agreement, a renounced player no longer counts toward team salary, so teams use renouncement to gain additional cap room. A team can still re-sign such a player, but the team must either have enough salary cap room to fit the salary, or sign the player using the minimum salary exception.

After renouncing a player, a team also can trade him in a sign-and-trade agreement.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Contact Me
Old 07-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #112
alby
Guru

great website to stay updated on official moves:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...vement-2008-09

Contact Me
Old 07-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #113
Underdog

Quote:
great website to stay updated on official moves:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...vement-2008-09
Great link - thanks!

When you look at the action across the league, Dallas isn't looking so bad...

(just noticed both Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner signed with the Grizzlies - pathetic!)

Old 07-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #114
alby
Guru

Yeah, they were included in the Love for Mayo swap on draft night. Wonder how fat Antoine is now.

Contact Me
Old 07-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #115
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Mavs seeking backcourt aid
By JEFF CAPLAN
jcaplan@star-telegram.com

DALLAS — Keith McLeod, by virtue of playing point guard (and having played for coach Rick Carlisle at Indiana helps), might have a leg up on the backcourt competition hoping to make the Dallas Mavericks’ roster because there’s a need for a reliable, veteran behind Jason Kidd.

The Mavs also want sharpshooters, and although McLeod has range, he isn’t known as a 3-point specialist. Draft pick Shan Foster, unsigned rookie JaJuan Smith and veteran journeyman Richie Frahm, among others, hope to provide enough fireworks starting Friday in the NBA Summer League to warrant sticking around.

"Three-point shooting is my strong suit," said Frahm, who has played for five NBA teams in four seasons. "In summer league you really have that style where you’re going up and down more than you are in the regular season, so there’s a lot of opportunity to shoot."

The Mavs finished 20th in the league last season in 3-point percentage (35.2), 21st in 3-pointers made per game (6.0) and 19th in attempts (17.1). Carlisle isn’t so much concerned with shooting more 3-pointers, just shooting them better.

The difference last season between ranking 21st and 10th was 1.1 made 3-pointers a game. It might not seem like much, but that one 3-point dagger late in a game, or at least the threat of it, can keep defenses honest by making it riskier to double team, say, Dirk Nowitzki.

"I just know teams that play at the highest level in this league shoot the 3 well," Carlisle said. "They have the 3-point shot as protection against loading up on star players. We just have to get better, and if we can pick up one or two guys that are really proficient at it, it helps us."

Frahm, who went undrafted out of Gonzaga in 2000, is a heady player who views himself as an "opportunity scorer," a role player who can hop off the bench, spot up and make 3-pointers.

He’s had trouble nailing down a steady NBA job because he’s been something of a one-trick pony — he shoots.

Foster made 46.9 percent of his 3-pointers last season at Vanderbilt. He’s working on extending his range from the 19-foot, 9-inch college 3-point arc to the 23-9 distance in the NBA.

Smith, a 6-foot-2 undrafted shooting guard out of Tennessee, has been impressive from the perimeter during the first three practices.

Frahm, just a month shy of his 31st birthday, has persevered thanks to his shooting.

Diop, Barea sign

DeSagana Diop officially signed a five-year contract Wednesday for the full mid-level exception, about $32.4 million over the life of the deal. He’ll make $5.585 million next season.

Despite being traded to New Jersey in February as part of the Jason Kidd trade, Diop said last week when he agreed to terms that his heart never left Dallas.

The Mavs also re-signed point guard J.J. Barea to a three-year deal worth about $4.8 million.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #116
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley

According to what I read on the Spurs board Mason's deal starts at $3.75MM so they only have about $1.8MM of the MLE left. Apparently Houston's offering about $600K more than that.

Last edited by dirno2000; 07-10-2008 at 12:04 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #117
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

So Kidd, Jet and Barrea are all on the roster and we're looking for a backup PG.

That has to mean Jet is the starting 2 guard.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #118
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
So Kidd, Jet and Barrea are all on the roster and we're looking for a backup PG.

That has to mean Jet is the starting 2 guard.
...or JET is getting traded?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #119
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe I guess. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-10-2008 at 12:56 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #120
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I vote for JET going to the Blazers for Steve Blake and Martell Webster. Blake, a solid backup, is currently slotted as the starting PG (according to McMillain) and Webster is expected to compete for the 2/3 along side Roy. Mavs get a backup PG and a legitimate SG. Blazers get a an upgrade at PG and some veteran leadership. Webster played 26/28 mpg last season and shot around 37% from 3 ptland. He's also 6'7". Do I think this is a good and viable trade for the Mavs? I don't know, I just want something interesting to happen!