Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #81
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I think we're really using the term "loaded", in terms of the swing positions, very loosely lol.

Jet, Wright
----
Green, George
----
Stack

that's about where it's at. I wouldn't say loaded, we have depth...but it's not necessarily the high production kind of depth.
I would switch Wright and Green, but besides that I take your roster

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 11-06-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #82
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
hmmm...Somebody needs to tell Rick Carlisle that smart coaches don't call plays when they have Jason Kidd. He probably doesn't know.
You serious?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #83
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Tony Parker::

Against Jkiddo - 22 points
Against Randy Foye - 55 points

As they say...just sayin.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:16 AM   #84
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hmmm...Somebody needs to tell Rick Carlisle that smart coaches don't call plays when they have Jason Kidd. He probably doesn't know.
Come on now, you know most everyone with a brain understood that there would be plays called. What we wanted most of all were plays that made sense, and second of all to not have plays called every time down the court when something faster would have been preferable.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #85
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Tony Parker::

Against Jkiddo - 22 points
Against Randy Foye - 55 points

As they say...just sayin.
Yeah J-Kidd's defense is the big surprise of this season IMO.

He has been an excellent defender thus far. I knew he wouuld be solid but given his age, I thought there might be a let down. Nope. Despite his large size, he still manages to stay in front of his man regardless of who he is guarding.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #86
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Come on now, you know most everyone with a brain understood that there would be plays called. What we wanted most of all were plays that made sense, and second of all to not have plays called every time down the court when something faster would have been preferable.
I think you understood that but there were a lot of smart people whose hatred for Avery caused to make strange basketball points. One of the biggest criticisms last year was the he was still calling plays after the Kidd trade. He was the coach! He was supposed to call plays!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #87
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think you understood that but there were a lot of smart people whose hatred for Avery caused to make strange basketball points. One of the biggest criticisms last year was the he was still calling plays after the Kidd trade. He was the coach! He was supposed to call plays!
My problem wasn't so much that he called plays. The bigger issue was that his play calling sucked.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #88
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hmmm. I freely admit people went crazy with the Avery bashing. But all I remember are people being upset for his desire to call a play for every possession, or pretty close to it.

I certainly don't recall people clamoring to have zero plays last season.

But I could be wrong.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #89
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Hmmm. I freely admit people went crazy with the Avery bashing. But all I remember are people being upset for his desire to call a play for every possession, or pretty close to it.

I certainly don't recall people clamoring to have zero plays last season.

But I could be wrong.
There were folks (not you, and not the better posters on the board) who would get all up-in-arms in the GDT's every time Avery called a play at all. Of course, it was completely unreasonable to react that way, but that's what groupthink will do.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #90
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
There were folks (not you, and not the better posters on the board) who would get all up-in-arms in the GDT's every time Avery called a play at all. Of course, it was completely unreasonable to react that way, but that's what groupthink will do.
I always hated his rotations more than his play-calling...

(but the worst part about his play-calling was having to hear that shrill voice screaming!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-06-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #91
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I always hated his rotations more than his play-calling...

(but the worst part about his play-calling was having to hear that shrill voice screaming!)
Yeah, well, you also fall into the category of "better posters on the board."

FWIW, I also thought his rotations were the biggest problem. Well, that and the fact that he completely lost the team. The play calling was only bothersome to me when it slowed down what would have been a fast break, or when he called a bunch of plays in a row that took Kidd out of the picture.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #92
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Yeah, well, you also fall into the category of "better posters on the board."
You only think that because you stay away from the Political Forum...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #93
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You only think that because you stay away from the Political Forum...

rep to UD.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
post game 08/09