Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #81
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Randolph a lot in Portland. He "can" be a low post threat. He just chooses not to be.

I don't think that's gonna change.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #82
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, that dude is in love with his jumper.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #83
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Randolph just doesn't feel like a "winner".
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #84
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Let's see if SA will trade Duncan for Stackhouse + Bass + George + JJB. That's a winner.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #85
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
This team needs a low post threat. I personally feel that that's way more important than a SG, but that's just my take.
As great as Dirk is, this is an area where he handcuffs you by being a 7-footer that can't play center. We don't just need a low post scoring threat, we need a low post scoring threat that's big enough and physical enough to play defensive center. There are only a handful of those players in the league. Most low post scorers are power forwards.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
Seriously guys Randolph is not so much of a post presence, he's a jumpshooter. I've seen alot of his games and this guys shoots alot of jumpshots, think about it have you ever even seen Randolph dunk? This guy is not the answer, and his defense sucks also.
Randolph is VERY solid from the block. He has a pretty sweet touch from 17ft (that he may go to a bit too much)....but to say he isn't a post presence boggles my mind.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #87
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Some problematic early season stats:

17th in offensive efficiency
21st in defensive efficiency
42.8 % FG
30.5% 3PT FG

The defensive FG % is actually solid at 42.8%, but giving up way too many free throws. If we could maintain that % but foul less, our defensive efficiency would improve. Another problem though is that we're not great at forcing turnovers.

We're in the T5 as far as taking care of the basketball, but jeez... saw a lot of sloppy turnovers in the Magic, Lakers, and Bulls games.

The %'s on FG and 3PT need to improve by 4-5 points.

The defensive efficiency and offensive efficiency are terrible.

So basically, the Mavs have been about the 20th best team in the NBA so far. Ugh.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #88
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Randolph is VERY solid from the block. He has a pretty sweet touch from 17ft (that he may go to a bit too much)....but to say he isn't a post presence boggles my mind.
like I said, he'll refuse to do it. He'll give you one game where he's great from the block, then 7 clanker-jump-shot games in a row. Trust me.. I used to watch EVERY game when he was on the blazers.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #89
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
As great as Dirk is, this is an area where he handcuffs you by being a 7-footer that can't play center. We don't just need a low post scoring threat, we need a low post scoring threat that's big enough and physical enough to play defensive center. There are only a handful of those players in the league. Most low post scorers are power forwards.
I wouldn't mind a strong post scoring Power Forward who was physical and could play some beastly defense and play him out of position at the center spot. Very few teams have a dominantly over powering offensive center anyway...of the best teams in the league, only Houston has one.

So I'd be happy with a post beast who could play rugged D as well. Got one of those handy, dirno?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #90
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
like I said, he'll refuse to do it. He'll give you one game where he's great from the block, then 7 clanker-jump-shot games in a row. Trust me.. I used to watch EVERY game when he was on the blazers.
Like I said...a ton of bricks.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #91
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Some problematic early season stats:

17th in offensive efficiency
21st in defensive efficiency
42.8 % FG
30.5% 3PT FG

The defensive FG % is actually solid at 42.8%, but giving up way too many free throws. If we could maintain that % but foul less, our defensive efficiency would improve. Another problem though is that we're not great at forcing turnovers.

We're in the T5 as far as taking care of the basketball, but jeez... saw a lot of sloppy turnovers in the Magic, Lakers, and Bulls games.

The %'s on FG and 3PT need to improve by 4-5 points.

The defensive efficiency and offensive efficiency are terrible.

So basically, the Mavs have been about the 20th best team in the NBA so far. Ugh.

Agree the 3pt fg% needs to improve, I believe in time we will be fine in that department...I remember when Dirk and Terry were in the 3pt contest.

Shoot I just realized the MAVS are the only team without a W at home
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:38 PM   #92
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
Marbury on the Mavericks, would he start? If he is playing backup too Kidd I'd wonder how long that will last before someone starts saying stuff. Look at the history of it all
Marbury will get his 20-25 minutes at least...back up to Kidd and some situations with Kidd in the floor...Right now he is not playing any minutes, Beggars can't be picky
Old 11-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #93
pepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
This team needs a low post threat. I personally feel that that's way more important than a SG, but that's just my take.

It will completely change the dynamic of this team and it will be something that I will be eager to see...Two of the most effective that could be available Cris Wilcox and Eddie Curry
Old 11-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #94
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I really wouldn't mind giving Curry a shot but his uninsured contract has got to be a tough pill to swallow. I don't think Cuban would do it.

I believe Wilcox could be had for a relatively cheap price.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #95
pepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
I really wouldn't mind giving Curry a shot but his uninsured contract has got to be a tough pill to swallow. I don't think Cuban would do it.

I believe Wilcox could be had for a relatively cheap price.
If Wilcox is available we need to try to get him..The guy scores most of his points at the paint and a very effective rate, It will be interesting to see how teams will react to Kidd looping the ball inside and see the defense collapsing for once.

Another stat...looks who's bench is last in (+ -) this season...take a guess?

http://www.82games.com/0809/STSORT16.HTM
Old 11-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #96
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I felt VC had a great jump shot to be a catch and shoot guy getting passes from Kidd, but he'd catch the pass and just hold it, then start dribbling and going one on one with the defender, when you do that, you make the game easier for the opponents. He will never be the slashing, motion type player. Plus I think Kidd has a grudge against VC, because VC doesn't work hard on his game,
Oh how I remember this all too well. Vince will forever thrive in the ISO game and he refuses to run/slash/move. Their games don't mix. He may occasionally run... but its not in him to do so on a regular basis. How many times did we see a perfect pass from JKidd to Vince for a catch and shoot only for Vince to dribble... dribble.. ISO... Ugh.

Also, I've heard about that "effort" thing too many times (from the Toronto Press even during his Toronto days during his prime). Plus, every single contact results in a "wince" from him ... Its almost as if every contact is going to injure him. Another UGH.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #97
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Technically, we made it to the finals without a low post threat.. but it took an otherworldy playoff performance from Dirk and a lot of luck. It sure would have been easier with one.

And honestly it's pretty obvious we won't be able to repeat that, at least "exact", success with the state of mind the organization is in right now.
Yes... 42.7 mpg/27.0 ppg/11.7 rpg... simply an outstanding performance two years ago

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #98
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Dallas has had problems with:
1)turnovers, especially ball handling
2)shooting fouls, sending the opposition to the foul line a lot
3)poor half court offense
4)poor defensive rotation and position

In the Knicks game they went a long way to fix those things for one game.

See this thread:
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...t=34250&page=3

posts 112,113 for more detail of the earlier games and 82games.com analysis.

anyway, the turnovers were WAY down. The shooting fouls were WAY down. The defensive rotations were still bad but no so bad that there were desperation shooting fouls. The half court was better with Dirk playing closer to the basket more often and JKidd backing his man down to the low post to force double team attention and then kicking to the open man for clear/open jumpers.

The Mavs played a lot better basic basketball.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #99
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

You could trade Terry/Stackhouse/Bass/George/Williams/Diop for Curry/Marbury (the salaries work). There's your low-post threat in Curry--you still have Damp for defensive center--and Marbury could take Terry's role. If it doesn't work, then you can let Kidd and Marbury walk at the end of the year and do a major salary dump.

NY cuts Stackhouse and George and moves a couple of the other players somewhere for draft picks.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #100
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809DAL2.HTM

the above link shows the five man units the Mavs have played the most.

hard to argue against the JKidd, Green, JHo, Dirk, Dampier lineup...

The JKidd, Jet, JHo, Dirk, Dampier lineup is good also. Other lineups not so good.

But, there are too few games so far playing into those stats to form a conclusion.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #101
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer View Post
You could trade Terry/Stackhouse/Bass/George/Williams/Diop for Curry/Marbury (the salaries work). There's your low-post threat in Curry--you still have Damp for defensive center--and Marbury could take Terry's role. If it doesn't work, then you can let Kidd and Marbury walk at the end of the year and do a major salary dump.

NY cuts Stackhouse and George and moves a couple of the other players somewhere for draft picks.
Now, that is a shake up...

I really like Brandon Bass and think he needs some time to mature. Glad you didn't include Green in that trade because I like him to develop further also. Besides, the stats show Green is already a winner for the Mavs (see 82games 5 man units).

But, I do like the idea of picking up someone like Curry. I have felt for years that the Mavs were short a dominant low post man. Add a low post man in the years we lost to the Heat and then the Warriors... and we don't lose...
Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #102
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post

The JKidd, Jet, JHo, Dirk, Dampier lineup is good also. Other lineups not so good.

But, there are too few games so far playing into those stats to form a conclusion.
I like to look at these as well. I agree that it's too early to take these without a grain of salt, however, I do have a few observations.

First of all, looking at these should get people to stop assuming that Diop and Damp are interchangeable. Damp's play in the last few games probably helps as well, but a lot of people over the summer were pushing the idea that Diop would come in, take over the starting job and play significant minutes. In reality, Damp is simply a significantly better player.

It's pretty amazing looking at the effect Stackhouse has on basicaly any lineup he's in. Holy cow he's been awful.

It's pretty startling just how awful the Barea/Terry/Green/Bass/Diop line is defensively. I mean it's common sense just looking at the players, but my goodness.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-17-2008 at 08:47 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #103
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Diop needs to get back in shape. He exploded onto the Dallas scene with dedicated fitness work and excitement. He is sorta fat and lazy now. He is not jumping and swatting shots and moving defensively like he did before. When he was at his peak, he could slow Amare and Duncan. Right now, no way.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #104
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Yeah, we can't blame Carlisle for playing Bass when Diop isn't producing
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #105
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
Yeah, we can't blame Carlisle for playing Bass when Diop isn't producing
Agreed. Same with playing Singleton. Bass and Singleton are both outplaying Diop currently.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #106
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Damper was a mismatch in the last game. Singleton and Bass combined for 17 rebounds and 24 points and shot about 50% in combination, both carrying their weight.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #107
ghazi
Platinum Member

Interesting stat from that site, Dallas has been the 5th best 1st quarter team so far, and the 29th best 4th quarter team so far.

UGH.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #108
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
First of all, looking at these should get people to stop assuming that Diop and Damp are interchangeable. Damp's play in the last few games probably helps as well, but a lot of people over the summer were pushing the idea that Diop would come in, take over the starting job and play significant minutes. In reality, Damp is simply a significantly better player.
+ rep
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #109
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I like to look at these as well. I agree that it's too early to take these without a grain of salt, however, I do have a few observations.

Well, that's certainly the case NOW, Diop's been terrible.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #110
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post

That lineup gets the highest percentage of close range shots, and it's not even close.

That lineup also gives up the lowest percentage of close range shots, and it's not even close.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:51 AM   #111
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

we should try to get gerald Wallace....he is a real beast!!! Great D, good rebounding, steal-machine...GET HIM
Old 11-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #112
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

here are some videos of the knicks vs mavs if anyone wants to see
http://www.youtube.com/user/Netsgirl25
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:04 AM   #113
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Well, that's certainly the case NOW, Diop's been terrible.
It's always been the case.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #114
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Our answer this summer was Jermaine.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:52 AM   #115
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

^ And Wouldn't that be nice, next to Dirk!
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #116
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
That lineup gets the highest percentage of close range shots, and it's not even close.

That lineup also gives up the lowest percentage of close range shots, and it's not even close.
Agree that JKidd, Green, JHo, Dirk, and Dampier appears to be our best starting five right now. I noticed what you noticed also.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #117
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Our answer this summer was Jermaine.
Agreed. I was right there with you screaming to get Jermaine. But, we didn't. Players with the potential of Jermaine come available to one particular team's fortune maybe once per ten years. The low post scorer who can play with anyone in the low post is a rare and important resource and is a resource almost always present on championship teams....
Old 11-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #118
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

was it just TJ Ford in the deal?

Contact Me
Old 11-18-2008, 09:36 PM   #119
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
was it just TJ Ford in the deal?
I think that the trade included Rasho Nesterovic and a draft pick in addition to TJ Ford
Old 11-19-2008, 01:08 AM   #120
alby
Guru

JET + Bass woulda done it, you think?

Contact Me