Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #81
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
Kidd was sent to provide gameplay, assists and leadership to our team, not to score points. We have plenty of scorers, we need defensive players.
That's just it.

Name the scorers on this team. Name them, Dirk, Josh, and Jet.

That's it. That's it. We have three scorers. Who else can you give the ball to and count on to score?

Put Dirk, Josh and Jet on the bench and who's going to put the ball in the hoop. Heck, who are you going to call plays for? Brandon Bass, I suppose. Bass is the 4th best scorer on the team.

Who's fifth? I don't think you could make an argument that we even have a fifth scorer. Green can score, but I'd hope he's not your 5th scorer, because he hardly gets 20 minutes most games. Wright can score sometimes, and other times he's missing layups and dunks. Dampier isn't consistant. He's good at hitting wide open dunks, but that's about it. Barea isn't consistant. He was putting up great number, and now he's shooting 10 and 20%. Devean George misses open threes way too much, and can't score from inside the arc. Diop can't, for sure. Singleton can score, but doesn't play much. Williams sucks at scoring, period. Jerry Stackhouse is hardly the answer, either...

And, obviously Kidd can't score. And it all ties back together. Kidd is a great point guard, but our team is missing scorers. At this point for the Mavs, we don't need a Kidd type player which the personal we have.

But, since we do have the personal that we have, then Kidd is called on to score. And he can't do that. Thus, he looks like crap, and everybody says he sucks. Which, to a point, is true. He does suck when he's called to be a scorer.

Last edited by tcat075; 01-15-2009 at 06:23 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #82
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I think you, yourself need to re-read what you post. You even started a whole d*mn thread about it. Here ya go:

Read your own words for yourself. Like I said before...stop fiddle-farting on the fence.

Oh yah...and didn't you leave?
dang you got owned
Old 01-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #83
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
I seriously think you're a ********, the fact that you got had to get a thread from when I first joined the forum is comical. Seriously **** you.
The fact that you have nothing to say about your previous threads says a lot about the quality of your posting. If you don't mean what you have previously said, then don't say it.

All you continue to bring to this forum are your negative sentiments regarding Kidd and your infatuation with DH. I don't believe I am the only one here that is sick of it.

And yah...it really isn't very difficult to find threads created by a user FYI.

Back to the thread, so why can't anyone take any more of Kidd? I'd only throw in the towel on him if we made a trade and we continued to not work out.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #84
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The fact that you have nothing to say about your previous threads says a lot about the quality of your posting. If you don't mean what you have previously said, then don't say it.

All you continue to bring to this forum are your negative sentiments regarding Kidd and your infatuation with DH. I don't believe I am the only one here that is sick of it.

And yah...it really isn't very difficult to find threads created by a user FYI.

Back to the thread, so why can't anyone take any more of Kidd? I'd only throw in the towel on him if we made a trade and we continued to not work out.
No you're a moron, you know why? Because In the thread I said I had watched "OLD JASON KIDD GAMES AS A PHOENIX SUN, NEW JERSEY NET AND A FEW OF HIS GAMES WITH US LAST SEASON". Then I said that I thought of him as the best PG in the Nba. But the videos I watched were old and at the time of those games Kidd was arguably the Best Pg in the nba. But now Kidd is very mediocre, I can't blame him for being old but I can blame Cubes and Donnie for overpaying like crazy to get him.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #85
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I do indeed remember the days when everyone said it was impossible to play Harris and Terry together due to their size on the defensive end.

Of course, GS was the only team in the league that consistently took advantage of that.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #86
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
That's just it.

That's it. That's it. We have three scorers. Who else can you give the ball to and count on to score?

Put Dirk, Josh and Jet on the bench and who's going to put the ball in the hoop. Heck, who are you going to call plays for? Brandon Bass, I suppose. Bass is the 4th best scorer on the team.

Who's fifth? I don't think you could make an argument that we even have a fifth scorer. Green can score, but I'd hope he's not your 5th scorer, because he hardly gets 20 minutes most games. Wright can score sometimes, and other times he's missing layups and dunks. Dampier isn't consistant. He's good at hitting wide open dunks, but that's about it. Barea isn't consistant. He was putting up great number, and now he's shooting 10 and 20%. Devean George misses open threes way too much, and can't score from inside the arc. Diop can't, for sure. Singleton can score, but doesn't play much. Williams sucks at scoring, period. Jerry Stackhouse is hardly the answer, either...

And, obviously Kidd can't score. And it all ties back together. Kidd is a great point guard, but our team is missing scorers. At this point for the Mavs, we don't need a Kidd type player which the personal we have.

But, since we do have the personal that we have, then Kidd is called on to score. And he can't do that. Thus, he looks like crap, and everybody says he sucks. Which, to a point, is true. He does suck when he's called to be a scorer.
Good points. FO blew it this past offseason by not structuring a team that can succeed with Kidd. Going with unproven talent at the 2 was a bad risk when you made the Kidd all or nothing move. The thing about Kidd is he's supposed to make things easier for everyone. He hasn't demanded the rock enough to do that. I love how he would just play the pick and lob game with Damp. I mean 3-4 a quarter would definitely help give the team some offensive options, but it's not even a play in the playbook. I loved how time after time, in the XMAS game where we went with Barea-Bass on the pick and roll and Portland could not stop it. I had the Portland broadcasters on, and I was laughing at their frustration. Scoring options does not have to be singular one on one plays, Damp and Bass can catch and finish and with the best passer in the game, his talents aren't being meshed.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #87
jamyoa

jamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these parts

He wasn't showing it in Dallas, because Avery controlled his every move. All Avery had to do was just let him, and the Mavs play. That's y u don't c any team interested in Avery, because he's a control freak, who thinks he knows it all. P.S. Kidd, Howard, Stackhouse, and Diop all need to be traded! Package that up, and Mark can bring in another superstaer.
jamyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #88
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Good points. FO blew it this past offseason by not structuring a team that can succeed with Kidd. Going with unproven talent at the 2 was a bad risk when you made the Kidd all or nothing move. The thing about Kidd is he's supposed to make things easier for everyone. He hasn't demanded the rock enough to do that. I love how he would just play the pick and lob game with Damp. I mean 3-4 a quarter would definitely help give the team some offensive options, but it's not even a play in the playbook. I loved how time after time, in the XMAS game where we went with Barea-Bass on the pick and roll and Portland could not stop it. I had the Portland broadcasters on, and I was laughing at their frustration. Scoring options does not have to be singular one on one plays, Damp and Bass can catch and finish and with the best passer in the game, his talents aren't being meshed.
I agree.

Kidd IS an offensive weapon, but only when paired with another player. Pick and roll with Bass, drive and dish to Damp, lob to Green/Wright, drive and kick to Jet. That's were Kidd "scores" his points. If he would consistantly "score" that way, I'd have no problem.

But the past few games, Kidd hasn't been doing that. And you know what? He's looked like crap. Hmm.

The pick and roll and alley-oop passes haven't really been there much all season. Barea was the one using the pick and roll. I suppose Kidd isn't nearly as effective on the pick and roll, because he can't drive as well as Barea, but I have NEVER seen Kidd pick and roll with Bass. Damp, yes, but Damp doesn't have the outside game.

As for the alley oops, there was that one game that he closed out when a half dozen lobs. But besides that, even though he has a high-flyer in Green and people who can dunk in Wright and Bass and Singleton, he just hasn't been lobbing.

If Kidd would start lobbing half as much as CP3, it'd expand the offense a little.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #89
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
No you're a moron, you know why? Because In the thread I said I had watched "OLD JASON KIDD GAMES AS A PHOENIX SUN, NEW JERSEY NET AND A FEW OF HIS GAMES WITH US LAST SEASON". Then I said that I thought of him as the best PG in the Nba. But the videos I watched were old and at the time of those games Kidd was arguably the Best Pg in the nba. But now Kidd is very mediocre, I can't blame him for being old but I can blame Cubes and Donnie for overpaying like crazy to get him.
Can you freak out and leave again please?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:56 PM   #90
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's just it.

Did you see that play last night with about a minute left and Kidd was open for a lay-up, but refused to go up to score while being under the basket and just threw the ball away in the stands? Thats the play that I said he has got to go. That has the back breaker right there, and yet another reason that teams will not defend him..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #91
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Did you see that play last night with about a minute left and Kidd was open for a lay-up, but refused to go up to score while being under the basket and just threw the ball away in the stands? Thats the play that I said he has got to go. That has the back breaker right there, and yet another reason that teams will not defend him..
I think I remember it. Was it that he hesistated too long, and then went up and was blocked? That's what I remembered.

Doesn't matter. If its two seperate plays we're thinking of, it just proves your point even more.

I agree. It seems that Kidd isn't hesistant to take an open 3, even if he's 0/6 and none of his shots are even close. Yet he seems to want to go back into his shell when he's driving the lane. He kinda slows down as he approaches the basket, like he wants to pass it, even if he has a step on his man.

Its pretty clear: Jason Kidd is not a scorer anymore. And its pretty clear the Mavericks NEED Jason Kidd to be a scorer.

And that's where trouble comes in.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #92
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think I remember it. Was it that he hesistated too long, and then went up and was blocked? That's what I remembered.

Doesn't matter. If its two seperate plays we're thinking of, it just proves your point even more.

I agree. It seems that Kidd isn't hesistant to take an open 3, even if he's 0/6 and none of his shots are even close. Yet he seems to want to go back into his shell when he's driving the lane. He kinda slows down as he approaches the basket, like he wants to pass it, even if he has a step on his man.

Its pretty clear: Jason Kidd is not a scorer anymore. And its pretty clear the Mavericks NEED Jason Kidd to be a scorer.

And that's where trouble comes in.
I remember that play you are talking about as well. The one I am talking about is the one when ultimately he threw the ball in the stands right by the Hornet bench there at the end of the game, where he received the ball at the basket and did not take it straight up for the score, but dribble out and threw the ball away.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #93
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
I remember that play you are talking about as well. The one I am talking about is the one when ultimately he threw the ball in the stands right by the Hornet bench there at the end of the game, where he received the ball at the basket and did not take it straight up for the score, but dribble out and threw the ball away.
I might remember that one as well.

Sometimes, it seems like Kidd won't score around the basket, not just that he can't score...
Old 01-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #94
MavericksFan5912

MavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the rough

Jason Kidd is scared to get his stuff blocked and end up on the wrong end of a SportsCenter highlight. I don't blame him, I would be too if I played in the league (but thats why I shouldn't be paid millions of dollars to play basketball for a premier team in the most talented league in the world).

Simply put, the Mavs FO let us down by dramatically overpaying for Kidd.

Think about the secret to the Spurs success: buy and develop young talent for cheap. The Mavs FO could learn a lot from their success.

MavericksFan5912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #95
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericksFan5912 View Post
I totally agree with this notion, I just don't understand why so many people around here (not you, particularly) tend to blame this fact on Jason Kidd, as if he's the one who engineered the deal & all...

Kidd is solid - it just would have been nice to have enough pieces left over to make another deal for a player who could bring the slashing/scoring ability we lost in Devin Harris...

Blame Donnie & Cuban - Kidd is doing exactly what he was brought here to do and it isn't enough to put this team over the top... We still need to make another move but we don't have any expendable pieces - welcome to darker days...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #96
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Given our attempt to run an offense suited for him earlier this year, didn't result in the desired record, we've reverted back to a Avery style offense. The initial offense we were to run was the one run in NJ, which takes a lot of motion, cutting, picks, to free up guys slashing to the hoop. It takes 5 guys on the same page to run it. I would imagine things broke down a lot early in the season and eventually it was scrapped.
That's all I was saying right there. Too much Iso and Pick-n-pop, penetrate-n-dish to the perimiter...Oh and the Mavs staple... swing the ball from the left corner around the perimeter to the right elbow for the "open" jump shot.. We need more motion... especially on the interior.

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #97
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericksFan5912 View Post
Jason Kidd is scared to get his stuff blocked and end up on the wrong end of a SportsCenter highlight. I don't blame him, I would be too if I played in the league (but thats why I shouldn't be paid millions of dollars to play basketball for a premier team in the most talented league in the world).

Think about the secret to the Spurs success: buy and develop young talent for cheap. The Mavs FO could learn a lot from their success.
Yes they do need to learn from SA.

How to get the #1 pick in the draft when the next Superstar Big man comes out.

Multiple times.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #98
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't take it anymore.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #99
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Bob O: "The Ball is his prop, the court is his stage."
Jason F'n Kidd
Old 02-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #100
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

THIS THREAD =

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #101
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Hmmm.... naaaaaaahh

More Like..

Last edited by craggmac; 02-03-2009 at 02:00 PM.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #102
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

yea' that's my Kidd!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #103
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
The front office has until the trade deadline before judgement day. They need a move to make this trade look like a stroke of genius... or else by that point even the people who haven't figured it out yet will realize how crippling that single trade was to the future of this franchise.

Great, now i'm going to be salivating about a Davis/Camby swap for Kidd until the trade deadline. Which team doesn't do this deal? The Clippers are done this season anyway (tank it up), and I'm sure they want to get rid of that long contract they just gave Davis.

He may be injury prone, he may have completely embaressed us in the playoffs, but he is still a quality point guard... and younger too. Throw Camby in and they will make you forget all about the horrors of this trade and our FO will be hailed as heroes not only by us, but by the media as well.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #104
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with that is that as far as I know, Baron isn't standing out a whole lot. And if you remember his time with the Charlotte Hornets....... you'll know just how awful he can be. We should know better than to think a player will be successful in any team's system just because he put up amazing numbers and performances for a run-and-gun-team.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #105
Triple T's

Triple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of light

sadly, most people that post nowadays have grown up in an era where people look to shoot first. that fact that you think Kidd needs to score points to be effective shows your complete and utter lack of basketball knowledge. You can say Kidd has lost a bit of quickness, thats true. But what he hasn't lost, was his ability to run a team. countless numbers of times, hes made plays on the defensive end to save teh game for us or put us in better position to win. He is still almost tops in the league in steals and assists.

So you tell me, if CP3 wasnt a knockdown shooter, would he be nearly as effective?

The fact that you dont really notice the point guard on the floor is a testament to how smooth the offense is running.

And so what is Harris doing over in NJ lately? Besides putting up points on a bad team? When devin leads NJ team to the playoffs, let's talk. Till then, he's not a player that makes his team better.

This generation of fantasy leaguers will never appreciate a talent like kidd unless he is filling a stat sheet. I suppose if you can't quantify it, you can't measure it. And if you can't measure it, you can't justify it.

Don' be surprised if this team hits a double digit win streak by the all-star break ...

"I am a enforcer man! Don’t nothin go down in my house! It's 100 percent heart baby! Sure I jack a few fools. I give em tha pain! But sometimes its about intimidation you know, its mind games…."
-Terry Tate

Last edited by Triple T's; 02-03-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Triple T's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #106
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Stockton was never criticized for not scoring, with a career 13.1 PPG.

Kidd has a career 14 PPG.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #107
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T's View Post
sadly, most people that post nowadays have grown up in an era where people look to shoot first. that fact that you think Kidd needs to score points to be effective shows your complete and utter lack of basketball knowledge. You can say Kidd has lost a bit of quickness, thats true. But what he hasn't lost, was his ability to run a team. countless numbers of times, hes made plays on the defensive end to save teh game for us or put us in better position to win. He is still almost tops in the league in steals and assists.

So you tell me, if CP3 wasnt a knockdown shooter, would he be nearly as effective?

The fact that you dont really notice the point guard on the floor is a testament to how smooth the offense is running.

And so what is Harris doing over in NJ lately? Besides putting up points on a bad team? When devin leads NJ team to the playoffs, let's talk. Till then, he's not a player that makes his team better.

This generation of fantasy leaguers will never appreciate a talent like kidd unless he is filling a stat sheet. I suppose if you can't quantify it, you can't measure it. And if you can't measure it, you can't justify it.

Don' be surprised if this team hits a double digit win streak by the all-star break ...
Post of the Year. Thank you.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #108
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Stockton was also the all-time steals leader. Whatever Kidd can do Baron can do just as effectively, except the guy can score. All he needs is the motivation of a winning team (and not to be 'the man'). The only problem is if the Clips would do this, we'd need to give up something else and take garbage, might even have to be Howard.

If we can pull this trade off we would have converted Harris, Diop, and picks into Davis, Camby, Carroll, and Hollins. If that's not an upgrade I don't know what is... it's nothing but a good idea. And the best part? No one will be complaining about the Kidd trade after the Mavs get their rings!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #109
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Stockton was also the all-time steals leader. Whatever Kidd can do Baron can do just as effectively, except the guy can score. All he needs is the motivation of a winning team (and not to be 'the man'). The only problem is if the Clips would do this, we'd need to give up something else and take garbage, might even have to be Howard.

If we can pull this trade off we would have converted Harris, Diop, and picks into Davis, Camby, Carroll, and Hollins. If that's not an upgrade I don't know what is... it's nothing but a good idea. And the best part? No one will be complaining about the Kidd trade after the Mavs get their rings!
Kidd's not as good as he once was defensively, but he is a prolific steal machine. Stockton averaged 2.1 spg over his career while Kidd averages 2.0. Just not sure I see what your point is here.
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #110
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dude, are you joking? This is horrendously inaccurate.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-03-2009 at 09:12 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #111
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Man if what Tokey41 said is true about Kidd = Baron then I'm fine with the trade! Unfortunately Baron does not "do just as effectively" as Kidd.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #112
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

I think that we should trade Kidd to Phoenix for Shaq and move him to run point. I heard his numbers are great this season.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #113
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Dude, are you joking? This is horrendously inaccurate.
All i'm saying is I would do Kidd for Davis/Camby in a heartbeat. And yes, his age still concerns me and it will always concern me so long as he's a Maverick. And his expiring contract concerns me too... the guy wants to win a ring. Do you think he's going to resign here if we can't give him the tools to do that? That's pretty naive, Kidd looks out for Kidd. Baron has that nice new contract, I'd feel more secure with him running the show here (and a LOT better about our chances for a title).
Old 02-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #114
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All i'm saying is I would do Kidd for Davis/Camby in a heartbeat. And yes, his age still concerns me and it will always concern me so long as he's a Maverick. And his expiring contract concerns me too... the guy wants to win a ring. Do you think he's going to resign here if we can't give him the tools to do that? That's pretty naive, Kidd looks out for Kidd. Baron has that nice new contract, I'd feel more secure with him running the show here (and a LOT better about our chances for a title).
I'm torn about the trade, but you are completely entitled to your opinion. That's not the same thing as saying that Baron "can do anything just as well as Kidd," though. That's just an untrue statement.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #115
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Fair enough. But it's always a possibility that when Davis comes to a contender his stats will change dramatically (we have plenty of examples of stars getting rejuvenated). Unless you considered GSW a contender while he was there he's never really played for one has he? Let's see what a truly motivated Davis can accomplish. As far as i'm concerned it's no riskier than the trade for Kidd was, and since that experiment isn't getting us to the finals, let's give it another shot.

And just out of curiosity, aren't you concerned about Kidd leaving in FA if someone offers big bucks? He wants that ring. Doesn't this concern anyone?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #116
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'm torn about the trade, but you are completely entitled to your opinion. That's not the same thing as saying that Baron "can do anything just as well as Kidd," though. That's just an untrue statement.
They are two very different players and are effective in different ways. I'd much rather have the package of Kaman and Baron vs Camby and Baron. Camby/Baron isn't definitely a do it in a heartbeat deal for me...Kaman/Baron is pretty darn close.

I LOVE Jason Kidd but you'd really have to lean towards taking that deal.

Quote:
Fair enough. But it's always a possibility that when Davis comes to a contender his stats will change dramatically (we have plenty of examples of stars getting rejuvenated). Unless you considered GSW a contender while he was there he's never really played for one has he? Let's see what a truly motivated Davis can accomplish. As far as i'm concerned it's no riskier than the trade for Kidd was, and since that experiment isn't getting us to the finals, let's give it another shot.

And just out of curiosity, aren't you concerned about Kidd leaving in FA if someone offers big bucks? He wants that ring. Doesn't this concern anyone?
Who is going to offer 2-3 years for Kidd? On top of that, who is going to do it at about 15 million per year?

The 3-0 trip with him in control would kind of suggest his chances might be getting better than hoped before at winning a ring here. I'm not saying they're going to win, but the chances seem to be getting better.

I would say motivation is a pretty big issue for Baron's year, I just wouldn't put ALL my stock in coming here making him the Baron we've seen before.

Also, it works straight up with salary for Kidd and either LAC combo. I'm not sure they'd really ask for Howard as you suggested. The money can still roll off, but it's a quick fix with just Kidd.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-03-2009 at 10:59 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #117
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Who is going to offer 2-3 years for Kidd? On top of that, who is going to do it at about 15 million per year?
If our FO was able to talk the Clippers into a Kaman/Davis for Kidd deal, which I doubt, I would do it as well despite the fact that I love Kidd's game and leadership.

I think that Kidd's next contract might be more about winning a championship than making lots of money. He's done that already. Which teams are more likely to win it all than the Mavs next season? I guess Boston, Cleveland, LA, San Antonio, and maybe New Orleans. With the exception of the Lakers, all of them have great point guards which means that Kidd wouldn't get as many minutes as he would like to. These teams might not even be interested in him at all.

The Lakers seem like a possible destination for Kidd. Kidd would definitely be an upgrade over Fisher and could play heavy minutes. Their great chances at winning a championship could lead to Kidd accepting less money than elsewhere.

If Kidd wasn't able to end up on a better team than the Mavs in order to win a championship, we might be in a good position to resign him for substantially less money, assuming that there's no other team on our level offering him lots of years and dollars.

Last edited by dalger; 02-04-2009 at 12:08 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:45 AM   #118
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T's View Post
I totally respect that about Kidd. Like I said, I think a team could win a championship with him easily.

Maybe the problem isn't Kidd, it's just that he doesn't have the right team. The Mavs need more scorers and because they don't have them it kills them that their PG can't score.

Kidd and the Mavs have been kicking butt lately so maybe it'll work out in the end. But in order for the Mavs to kick butt you have to rely on getting offensive production from guys like Barea, Bass and Wright. I'm afraid that's going to drop off and we'll be right back where we were, with a team that usually only has 2 people who can actually score on the floor at any given time.

It's especially bad since Howard is our third scoring option. The problem with Howard is that he's more effective when he's not really TRYING to score, he just lets it come to him. So your third scoring option is a guy who is better when he's not really trying to score.

It's not that Kidd is bad, it's that Kidd needs to be on the Pheonix Suns, surrounded by players who can put the dang ball in the hoop.

Maybe he can compensate for that by turning inconsistent scorers like Bass and Wright into consistent contributors. I hope so!

Last edited by cinemablend; 02-04-2009 at 01:46 AM.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:34 AM   #119
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Kidd doesn't get criticized for not scoring as much as for being a horrible shooter. It probably cost him an MVP in 2002. Stockton shot over 50% for his career, an obscene number for a PG, while Kidd is hovering around 40%.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:53 AM   #120
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

The only reason to do that trade really would be Camby. Davis is absolutely a downgrade at PG, and anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't watched him play lately and is just recalling the fluke jump shots he hit in the series against us... but he is still pretty good when healthy and motivated.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cinemablendbasketballguru, delusional psychosis, i love carpet, in before the fail, josh howard smokes both, lots of tags, loud noises!, shake and bake, smoke crack instead, smoke weed, thread diarrhea, thread worthy?