Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #81
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Just wanted to point out that out of all that happened in that endgame, Thiggy is the only one who remarked what a big play it was that we gave up the easy layup so defenselessly when we were up five in the last minute.
In fairness, he actually wasn't the only one. I said the exact same thing:

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...36#post1037136

Just saying.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #82
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
In fairness, he actually wasn't the only one. I said the exact same thing:

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...36#post1037136

Just saying.
I don't even remember saying it. Was I asleep when I typed it?

I certainly agree with it though. I was most unhappy with that play when it happened.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #83
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't even remember saying it. Was I asleep when I typed it?

I certainly agree with it though. I was most unhappy with that play when it happened.
Yeah, that was actually the most upsetting play of the game for me. You absolutely have to lock it down and at least bleed some time off the clock when you're up two possessions. You have a distinct advantage in that situation.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-05-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #84
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, that was actually the most upsetting play of the game for me. You absolutely have to lock it down and at least bleed some time off the clock when you're up two possessions. You have a distinct advantage in that situation.
Great post!

This statement reminds me so much of playing a hand in no limit holdem when you're out of position before the flop with an AK, KK, QQ.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 11-05-2009 at 09:57 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:37 AM   #85
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Great game by Damp!

Good game by Jet!

All the bitchin about JJB missing the FT's and blowing the game for us. What about Jet missing 2 of his last 3 FT's? He stepped up to the technical FT and choked. All we had to do was hit 1 of 3. I would have let JJb take all 3 shots (tech included) because the odds of him missing all 3 imo were very small, kinda like playing the same lotto numbers over and over. Let him get into a rythm and ice the game.
They both gagged it up. Both he and Jet pissed this one away, however Jet is the reason they were in it at all. JJB being the scrappy fighter type could have really helped his cause here to show how clutch he can be instead of pissing it away.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #86
LonghornDub

At least the Spurs got manhandled by the Jazz. They're at .500. Nice, Spurs.

Oh, and as mediocre as Marion has looked at times, he's so far looked like twice as good a pickup as RJ.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #87
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At least the Spurs got manhandled by the Jazz. They're at .500. Nice, Spurs.

Oh, and as mediocre as Marion has looked at times, he's so far looked like twice as good a pickup as RJ.
Yeah and looks like they overpaid for Mcdyess too. Pop is still starting Matt Bonner. Seriously? I can't see why anyone would think the Spurs are better than us so far this season, especially with the way Damp is playing.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #88
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yeah and looks like they overpaid for Mcdyess too. Pop is still starting Matt Bonner. Seriously? I can't see why anyone would think the Spurs are better than us so far this season, especially with the way Damp is playing.
Could be he's saving McDyess's gas for the real season. I've always seen their signing of McDyess and Ratliff as players for the postseason. I don't think they'll average more than 24 a night and will rarely see major action in back to backs. But are they better than us, no, can't see it. They've only added RJ, but he has big numbers on losers. Can he fit into what SA's doing, or does he need the rock to put up the digits, because in this system he won't get it that often.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #89
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Anyone check out the NBA section of ESPN lately?

Roddy already made the front page
http://espn.go.com/nba/

Thats pretty crazy

Plus has any one seen this vid yet? http://www.nba.com/mavericks/video/originals/
haha "Thats what I do"
Plus the sights and sounds video is cool

Last edited by badfish22; 11-06-2009 at 04:35 PM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #90
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Anyone check out the NBA section of ESPN lately?

Roddy already made the front page
http://espn.go.com/nba/

Thats pretty crazy

Plus has any one seen this vid yet? http://www.nba.com/mavericks/video/originals/
haha "Thats what I do"
Plus the sights and sounds video is cool
Any insiders have the article? Good to see he's getting recognized.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #91
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

^yes plz

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #92
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Its not much, but the fact that hes the face they chose for the "bench notables" is pretty cool.
Heres what they said:

Rodrigue Beaubois, 21 | Mavericks | 6'0" PG
Scout 2: "Athletically, he's off the charts. But he has to learn how to run a team. Playing behind Jason Kidd, he'll pick up a lot of nuances and habits that should pay dividends for the Mavericks later in the season."

The Mag: The rookie is a future star. He won't make a huge impact this season, but fans will know his name and salivate about what's to come. He'll have moments, both good and bad, but Kidd's presence will enable him to learn slowly and add the cerebral part of the game to his athleticism.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #93
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

should have started a new thread with the Roddy info...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #94
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Its not much, but the fact that hes the face they chose for the "bench notables" is pretty cool.
Heres what they said:

Scout 2: "Athletically, he's off the charts. But he has to learn how to run a team. Playing behind Jason Kidd, he'll pick up a lot of nuances and habits that should pay dividends for the Mavericks later in the season."

The Mag: The rookie is a future star. He won't make a huge impact this season, but fans will know his name and salivate about what's to come. He'll have moments, both good and bad, but Kidd's presence will enable him to learn slowly and add the cerebral part of the game to his athleticism.
I thought Roddy is 6'2 ? Same size as Barea?
Old 11-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #95
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
I thought Roddy is 6'2 ? Same size as Barea?
1. Barea is 5'10 at best
2. I think Roddy is about 6'1 or 6'2. Not sure why they have him at 6'0
Old 11-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #96
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Heres what they said:

I'm still thinking he'll stay with the big club when thomas/josh/gooden get back..
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:09 PM   #97
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Well this will make you guys feel better Spurs down 15 after 1 and just 2-2 on the season
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #98
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
1. Barea is 5'10 at best
2. I think Roddy is about 6'1 or 6'2. Not sure why they have him at 6'0
When they measured him in the pre-draft he was 6'1.25" without shoes and 6'2.25" with shoes. It seems like most NBA players are listed at about an inch over their w/ shoes height, so by NBA standards you could say Roddy is 6'3", but at the very least he should be listed at 6'2".

Anyway, he's much taller than Barea, especially when you factor in his arms.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #99
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

We could have kicked that stupid Hornets to 1-5
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:32 AM   #100
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfast View Post
Does anyone else flat out hate everything about NO and all associated with that franchise?
I get bile every time we play them.

Not much that has not already been said here.

Marion had a terrible game, he looks like Damp trying to catch passes in the post.
Nowitzki with an off night but the foul out was atrocious.
JJB down the stretch...

This team is on an upswing but I hate always having to give NO our lunch.
Here! I do, I do!

I guess that's why that loss still bothers me so much, although the 2/3 of our roster who were eligible to play still had that W basically safe against a NO team that won't get much healthier, on the road, on the back end of...

And there's definitely nothing positive about the way this game ended. Every time when there are free throws to be shot in a "wrap-it-up"-situation, this game will be not only in our heads, but also in the minds of the players. I'd rather have them over-confident and in a good mood in situations like that(or really almost any other situation, like going into the tough upcoming games against TOR, Houston and @SA), than have them doubting themselves.

Also, we could be looking at a 4-1 record going into tonight's game, and have these ugly whorenets sitting at a 1-5 out-of-the-gates stinker(good enough for worst record in the west). As already mentioned, you never want to get a division rival going, although it doesn't look like it worked that way for the bumble-bees. Speaking of division rivals, do we have any other than Houston? Will we still have any after we crushed Houston next Tuesday?
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #101
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Also, I agree with SMC whou should have shot the technical, after Jet was 1/2 from the line on the previous posession, I totally expected JJB to step to the line for 3 FT's. He was something like 15/16 in the season.
On the other hand, JJ clanked both and as Fish pointed out, Jet tends to miss no more than 2 FT's a game, so that decision was not that big of a deal and possibly still right. Personally I think RC was just as sure as I was, that at least one of the three would fall, no matter who shot the technical. Dammit freethrows!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote