Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #81
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
Im going back to the cowboys game, good luck Mavs! I wanna see come back!
^^^^^
Old 01-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #82
elmeho

elmeho is on a distinguished road

singleton....?i want my money back
elmeho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #83
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Let's shove it as "it's just one game" line.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #84
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

TERRILBE, no effort, no energy, nothing!!
Loss to the Jazz, owh man...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #85
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Carroll's coming out party!!!
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #86
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Thoroughly outplayed in every aspect. Hasn't been that long since the last time that happened.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #87
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

how can we beat the spurs and then lose with such a disgusting effort at home...
41N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #88
g30hd3

g30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the rough

No Terry sighting tonight.. or defense..

Last edited by g30hd3; 01-09-2010 at 10:25 PM.
g30hd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #89
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

mavs came out flat and are still flat... stupid b2b games... our schedule really sucks.... lots of tough games on the second night of b2b
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #90
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

This teams desperate need has been getting more obvious every game: we need a good offensive-rebounder/towel-waiver/spanish-speaker to round out the bench.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #91
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

The problem is, Utah has much better movement without the ball, and they are much better passers. Somebody is always cutting to the basket.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #92
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Uberman show!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #93
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Utah has 8 steals to our 1, and has shot 8 more free throws.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #94
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

we are getting no stops.. they are scoring or shooting ft every trip down... cant win ike this. we really need a backup big.... damp and gooden both not at 100% or in oul troubl means we have no center...
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #95
tgfan
Golden Member

No pressure on Utah shooters, too many great looks for them.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #96
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

we can win this game. come on Mavs!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #97
tgfan
Golden Member

Bench scoring:
Utah 40
Dallas 23
Old 01-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #98
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Mavs are terrible on back-to-backs. Just when I think Beaubois is going to get more minutes Barea is right back to take them all again. How is Beaubois going to get in a rhythm when he is rarely played?
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #99
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

What everyone is thinking tonight: "Well, at least the Cowboys finally won a playoff game."

Admit it! :P

Still, losing like this to the Jazz does kind of suck... looking at the final score, I don't mind so much that League Pass died midway into the third quarter. At least I didn't miss much.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #100
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, while the mavs were getting whooped I was setting up and calibrating my home theater. So I did something productive instead of wasting my time on this. I cannot get a read on this team. I was pretty sure we were gonna get a W here.... then they drop this dookie. Well, at least there's an element of surprise, you just don't know what's next, are we whooping the Lakers in LA or getting our asses handed to us at home by the Nets? You never know!
Old 01-10-2010, 01:16 AM   #101
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

ugh.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:25 AM   #102
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't watch a ton of this game, but what I did see screamed lack of commitment on the defensive end. Are they just mailing in the second half of back to backs? Back to backs are just life in the NBA.

By my count they're 5-6 in the second half of back to backs this year so far.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:42 AM   #103
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

There are games that the Mavs want to win and games that they don't want to win enough. This time, it was the latter again. It's alright to lose a game on the second night of a back to back without two important players after an emotional and exhausting win, but the way they lost was "effortless" once again. This team can be quite the diva.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #104
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

A game day thread with a whopping three pages, no recap thread...

Did this game ever happen?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #105
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

I was expecting a game day thread too. I was watching the Cowboys game and I checked ESPN stats is Howard injured? I saw he had 0 minutes. Gooden had 0 minutes? Carroll Singleton and Roddy got minutes? Najera is coming back? I need recap please
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #106
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Yuck...last night game was pretty disgusting. The arena was full but even the fans were more interested in the cowboys.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #107
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
I was expecting a game day thread too. I was watching the Cowboys game and I checked ESPN stats is Howard injured? I saw he had 0 minutes. Gooden had 0 minutes? Carroll Singleton and Roddy got minutes? Najera is coming back? I need recap please
Josh (thigh contusion not ankle)/Gooden (don't know) injured, Humphries sitting due to pending trade, that trade will bring Najera and should be official any time now, every bench player played because...well, I don't really know why, maybe because they all were sucking and Carlisle was looking for someone to bring energy and nobody did, and overall we just sucked in this game.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #108
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
A game day thread with a whopping three pages, no recap thread...

Did this game ever happen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
So...if the Mavs lose today but there is no one there to see it (because they are watching the Cowboys), does it count as a loss?
that's what i thought too
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #109
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

JJB is really coming down to earth right now, having a tough, tough time making any positive impact at all.

Did Marion hurt his right hand last night? He was holding it funny it seemed from the first quarter on.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote