Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #81
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
This is such a superior board to the DB.com board in just about every way, it's not even really worth discussing further.
That's an opinion...so far, I don't see it, but I'm entering this community with an open mind.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #82
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
3 pages about us???

So I can assume that KillerLeft isn't the same guy as ChefEd, considering he said:

But then again, I gotta wonder what turned his attention to this board in the first place...

Oh, and it's not like we got our panties in a bunch about the DUST Chip nearly as bad as the DB.com folks did - those guys were crucifying Fish over there! (and for the record, I think Fish is a decent source of Mavs news - I read his page a couple times a week, despite his shtick...)
No, I'm not ChefEd, LOL! That's too funny. I'm KillerLeft - that's my handle pretty much everywhere I go. That thread did turn my attention to this site, but I'm not here to further any agenda - just to talk Mavs.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #83
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
That's an opinion...so far, I don't see it, but I'm entering this community with an open mind.
Actually, you seem to have quite a few strong opinions about this community already.

I'd think an "open mind" would maybe wait until there's actually some Mavs news before determining the quality of this site - you couldn't have picked a worse time of the year to make judgments...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #84
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

yeah. This is the worst month possible for basketball discussion, yet our offseason thread is still going strong at 2800+ posts.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #85
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

"going strong" might be pushing it...

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #86
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Actually, you seem to have quite a few strong opinions about this community already.

I'd think an "open mind" would maybe wait until there's actually some Mavs news before determining the quality of this site - you couldn't have picked a worse time of the year to make judgments...
Sorry if I've given you the impression that I have "strong opinions"...I feel like my mind is pretty open.

I'm definitely aware of the time of year - DB.com has been slow lately, too. That's kind of why I've been looking around...
Old 09-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #87
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
"going strong" might be pushing it...
Going strong for how much can be expected without this place turning into 4chan. Just about everything that could be discussed, has been discussed. Almost anything else would be fluff and/or stupid bickering and/or trolling. In a few weeks it will be Oct and the real discussion will start, like it always does.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #88
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I think there are more posts over at DB.com about this thread than there were posts in this thread before KillerLeft bumped it...

The only reason I started this is because certain posters kept bitching about Fisher in the Tyson Chandler thread, so I figured I'd corral all the hate in one place as to not bog down the rest of the board.

I can't believe how much offense people at DB.com are taking to this - it's almost as pathetic as Fisher's recent back-and-forths with Simmons and Hollinger (which is easily the lowest I've seen Fish go - kinda immature really...)

Last edited by Underdog; 09-07-2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: needed more cowbell
Old 09-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #89
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

I'm definitely not of the opinion that there aren't (m)any intelligent and insightful board members at DB.com. The reason I've never posted there is the apparent lack of moderation, which the community clearly isn't able to make up for on its own, in the "Mavs and NBA Talk" forum. That and the seemingly higher amount of only somewhat insightful members. Oftentimes, there are literally five different threads on the first page about the exact same topic which makes it pretty difficult to have a deep and lengthy discussion. Additionally, there seem to be quite a lot of off-topic remarks as well, so the substantial postings are frequently surrounded by less substantial postings and thus harder to find.

Besides the quality posters, I really like this community for its self-controlling habits. Apparently, most members prefer structured discussions in a single thread over dozens of new threads every day and new members follow accordingly. That makes it easier to catch up with what's going on and participate in a discussion.

Personally, I actually enjoy the overall amount of postings here due to the fact that it's manageable for someone who doesn’t have three hours a day to read hundreds of postings on a basketball board (even though that's what's eventually going to happen when the new season has finally started). Still, this forum's structure should help anyone manage it.

Oh, and as an aside: vBulletin is a much better forum software than Yuku, not to mention that the DB.com board design is quite a thorn in the seyed...

Last edited by dalger; 09-09-2010 at 08:32 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #90
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
I'm definitely not of the opinion that there aren't (m)any intelligent and insightful board members at DB.com. The reason I've never posted there is the apparent lack of moderation, which the community clearly isn't able to make for on its own, in the "Mavs and NBA Talk" forum. That and the seemingly higher amount of only somewhat insightful members. Oftentimes, there are literally five different threads on the first page about the exact same topic which makes it pretty difficult to have a deep and lengthy discussion. Additionally, there seem to be quite a lot of off-topic remarks as well, so the substantial postings are frequently surrounded by less substantial postings and thus harder to find.

Besides the quality posters, I really like this community for its self-controlling habits. Apparently, most members prefer structured discussions in a single thread over dozens of new threads every day and new members follow accordingly. That makes it easier to catch up with what's going on and participate in a discussion.

Personally, I actually enjoy the overall amount of postings here due to the fact that it's manageable for someone who doesn’t have three hours a day to read hundreds of postings on a basketball board (even though that's what's eventually going to happen when the new season has finally started). Still, this forum's structure should help anyone manage it.

Oh, and as an aside: vBulletin is a much better forum software than Yuku, not to mention that the DB.com board design is quite a thorn in the seyed...
There are some great points here. I agree with most of them.

I'm not going to disagree with anything you said about the redundant topics, because you're 100% correct - one does have to sift through more BS to hang out there. For me, it has become easy to sense which threads should be read and which should be ignored, but I admit that skill took a little too much time to develop. I think that's just the penalty for having way, way more posters. Some of them are going to be idiots, and keeping the board organized is more of a challenge.

I totally agree about Yuku, too, but I wish I didn't have to log in again every time I come back to this forum. I suppose I'll get used to that, though.

The main issue I'd take with your opinion, dalger, is that there are actually some GREAT posters on that other board. To name just a few: MD, Kammrath, DLord, Hairdude, MMG, And1Mak, Cole, NoidDroid, SukMyDirk, Searil, Mongorr...I could go on and on, but the point is that there is fulfilling basketball discussion going on at DB.com - so much of it that it's worth fighting through the flaws.

I hope that I enjoy this board, too.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #91
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
There are some great points here. I agree with most of them.

I'm not going to disagree with anything you said about the redundant topics, because you're 100% correct - one does have to sift through more BS to hang out there. For me, it has become easy to sense which threads should be read and which should be ignored, but I admit that skill took a little too much time to develop. I think that's just the penalty for having way, way more posters. Some of them are going to be idiots, and keeping the board organized is more of a challenge.

I totally agree about Yuku, too, but I wish I didn't have to log in again every time I come back to this forum. I suppose I'll get used to that, though.

The main issue I'd take with your opinion, dalger, is that there are actually some GREAT posters on that other board. To name just a few: MD, Kammrath, DLord, Hairdude, MMG, And1Mak, Cole, NoidDroid, SukMyDirk, Searil, Mongorr...I could go on and on, but the point is that there is fulfilling basketball discussion going on at DB.com - so much of it that it's worth fighting through the flaws.

I hope that I enjoy this board, too.
There's a save my password feature for this board... I never log in.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #92
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Why is Fish still pushing those "Free Roddy B" tees, as if he has not been freed?....I mean we haven't seen it yet b/c of injury but im sure Roddy B is now free and will start upon returning...

Hey Fish how about a new shirt for Roddy?
Old 10-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #93
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think if he actually starts a game not due to injury then you can say he's been freed. Until then...well when you have inventory, you have inventory.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:03 AM   #94
KillerLeft

Fish is a great guy, but after today I think DB.com might be dead.

He sold controlling interest to Fox and is having everyone move to a new board on scout. There are lots of problems, and while I won't bore you with them, I will tell you that people are pretty pissed.

I'm glad I created an account over here.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:40 AM   #95
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Yep. Time for everyone at DB.com to come here. He sold out to Fox, and that's the end of it. Their site is horrible, Fox is horrible... and frankly Fox is evil.

I know I'm not hanging out on a Fox site.

That's fine. This place rocks.

Last edited by cinemablend; 10-30-2010 at 04:41 AM.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #96
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think everyone needs to come here, there was a lot of junk on that board.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #97
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Any former DB.com users here ?
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #98
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Any former DB.com users here ?
There are a few members of this site who are regular posters over at db.com.

I think KillerLeft is a recent transfer and I'm sure there are a few others who have started new accounts recently...

Welcome!

Old 10-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #99
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

It kinda sucks DB.com is dead. It was always fun to go over there after a loss and read the ridiculously over-the-top rants. Then, after getting that out of your system you could come over here for a more reasoned analysis.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #100
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I posted on the DB boards quite a bit. First as Bayliss, then as "stuck on automatic."

I just really hope Silent Mav, Flame, SukMyDirk, MilesBerg (although he used to post here), and a few others come over here.

And on that note, I wish we could get Czar, Venger, AEMiller, and a couple other posters from LMFforum to post here as well.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #101
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. They really are tearing it down just like that huh? LOL Fox boards....

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #102
KillerLeft

I feel like I felt when I was 5 and my parents were getting divorced...
Old 10-31-2010, 10:52 PM   #103
Hondo

Hondo has a spectacular aura aboutHondo has a spectacular aura aboutHondo has a spectacular aura about
Default On Board

I have taken my talents from DB.com and have joined dallas-mavs.com.I was Pistol over there but when i tried to register here as Pistol I was denied, so I selected another of my childhood favorites Hondo (John Havlichek) as my user name.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:59 PM   #104
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Hondo
Old 10-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #105
fluid.forty.one

Welcome guys!

While we're not completely free of overreactions and homerism, I feel like the average intelligence and BBIQ over here is great (especially compared to all the other basketball forums I read) and we have a pretty fun group of regulars.

(plus this site looks WAY better than the db.com boards)

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-31-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:12 PM   #106
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little lost. What does selling to fox have to do with his move to scout.com? I didn't know the two were affiliated, but I can't say I have posted on a scout board in a while.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:14 PM   #107
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Welcome guys!

While we're not completely free of overreactions and homerism, I feel like the average intelligence and BBIQ over here is great (especially compared to all the other basketball forums I read) and we have a pretty fun group of regulators.

Yeah I tried working my way into db.com a little bit last year, but I found Yuku to be a complete eyesore for whatever reason. I think those adds that popped out of nowhere were subconscious drains of my life force.

Btw, welcome to the newbies! It wouldn't hurt to have a little new blood around here.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 10-31-2010 at 11:15 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:17 PM   #108
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Welcome guys!

While we're not completely free of overreactions and homerism, I feel like the average intelligence and BBIQ over here is great (especially compared to all the other basketball forums I read) and we have a pretty fun group of regulators.

This. Also, the ads aren't half as annoying as they were on db.com.

Welcome everyone.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #109
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Bad news for all... I can already tell the collective IQ on this forum has dropped a half a dozen points.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #110
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
I have taken my talents from DB.com and have joined dallas-mavs.com.I was Pistol over there but when i tried to register here as Pistol I was denied, so I selected another of my childhood favorites Hondo (John Havlichek) as my user name.
I was hoping for

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 11-01-2010 at 10:49 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #111
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Bad news for all... I can already tell the collective IQ on this forum has dropped a half a dozen points.

...depends on who comes over. It's true, there are quite a few DB.com posters who add absolutely nothing and would be dead weight on this forum, too. However, there are at least 20 who would enhance this place significantly.

Besides, how many total people post here? There doesn't seem to be enough activity to foster any meaningful discussion. Some new blood would do this board wonders, if you ask me.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #112
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
...depends on who comes over. It's true, there are quite a few DB.com posters who add absolutely nothing and would be dead weight on this forum, too. However, there are at least 20 who would enhance this place significantly.
Don't listen to Murph. He's grumpy.

Funniest part is he's the one crusading for more threads (and therefore more indepth discussion) yet he's hating on noobs.

Quote:
Besides, how many total people post here? There doesn't seem to be enough activity to foster any meaningful discussion. Some new blood would do this board wonders, if you ask me.
More people than you think. And the ones who post regularly know their sh*t. Off the top of my head some regulars who really know their stuff would be chum, LonghornDub, UD, jthig, Flaco, FINtastic, TheSpiral, sike, Mary, rabbit, dirka, CadBane(even though he's a dick), u2, tcat, BG, dude, erica, bernardos, kg, UL, windmill.... etc etc etc. (dont take offense if I didn't mention you haha, I just figured my point was across by now ) Plenty of people that have contributed to lots of great basketball discussion. It would be great though if the good posters from db.com came over.. can't ever have too many.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 11-02-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #113
KillerLeft

Quote:
Don't listen to Murph. He's grumpy.

Funniest part is he's the one crusading for more threads (and therefore more indepth discussion) yet he's hating on noobs.

More people than you think. And the ones who post regularly know their sh*t. Off the top of my head some regulars who really know their stuff would be chum, LonghornDub, UD, jthig, Flaco, sike, Mary, rabbit, dirka, CadBane(even though he's a dick), u2, tcat, BG, dude, erica, bernardos, kg, UL, windmill.... etc etc etc. (dont take offense if I didn't mention you haha, I just figured my point was across by now ) Plenty of people that have contributed to much great basketball discussion. It would be great though if the good posters from db.com came over.. can't ever have too many.
Fair enough, FF1!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #114
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't listen to FF1, he's insignificant.

Anyways, my comment was a lighthearted sarcastic little jab at db.com.. nothing more. I realize that there's an intelligent poster or two over there.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #115
devmavs

devmavs has a spectacular aura aboutdevmavs has a spectacular aura aboutdevmavs has a spectacular aura about

I'm a frequent lurker here, I almost never post, but I'm glad my ID wasn't deleted. I like the conversation here and hope my lurkerness doesn't offend the people here.
devmavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #116
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Don't listen to FF1, he's insignificant.

Anyways, my comment was a lighthearted sarcastic little jab at db.com.. nothing more. I realize that there's an intelligent poster or two over there.
and me calling you grumpy wasn't a lighthearted little jab or anything
Old 11-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #117
Hondo

Hondo has a spectacular aura aboutHondo has a spectacular aura aboutHondo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I was hoping for

I like John Wayne
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #118
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The general board activity seems to be less so far this year than usual (though I've only really been around for two years here), so while maybe a lot of people just left, I'd imagine the more likely explanation is that people just aren't into basketball season yet, especially with the Rangers success and the Cowboys enept failure (they have to call in a bitch about Wade Phillips which doesn't leave them any time to post!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by devmavs View Post
I'm a frequent lurker here, I almost never post, but I'm glad my ID wasn't deleted. I like the conversation here and hope my lurkerness doesn't offend the people here.
Alright, I have to point this out: "Almost never" posting would mean that you have posted a few times in the past. Your post count says one. So I believe the correct term would be "never" post.

But seriously, post some! Even if its just a few times a week, that's cool with me. The addiction grows slowly.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #119
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

I'm just wondering-does this site moderate pretty well? A huge problem over on db.com is /or was, shall I say-the massive number of trolls. The trolls in general seemed to be well accepted over there-which clogged up a lot of threads.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #120
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
I'm just wondering-does this site moderate pretty well? A huge problem over on db.com is /or was, shall I say-the massive number of trolls. The trolls in general seemed to be well accepted over there-which clogged up a lot of threads.
Yes. The mods stay on top of their game here.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fish n chips, fish=dust exaggerator, fluff?