Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #81
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I just noticed Dallas leads the league in opponents PPS
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/te...ciencyOpponent
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #82
snowman420

snowman420 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I bet you feel smart. Here's some more stats:

0% 3-point shooting
0% FG shooting
0 APG

That's what Roddy has given us so far this season...

So what's your point again?
Actually I do feel pretty smart, I'm not the guy who had the idea to make Barea our number 2 PG no matter what Roddy does based on playing one game, and that one game being against the last place Nets. But hey, see what Barea does when we play against teams that don't suck and lose their starting pg at the beginning of the game.
I have no hatred for Barea, and I'm not a huge fan of a Roddy at PG. I think Roddy would fill a SG roll much better, this team needs a more solid number 2 PG, we do not have that on the team right now. That is where my frustration comes from. Hopefully we can pull through with what we have and get a Championship though.
snowman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #83
snowman420

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This Barea schtick is amusing. I don't get why anyone would call a career high season assists from the back-up a joke.
I was calling his statement a joke, not what Barea accomplished. Sorry if I didn't explain that well enough.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #84
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman420 View Post
I'm not the guy who had the idea to make Barea our number 2 PG no matter what Roddy does based on playing one game
Just because I highlighted Barea's stats against the Nets doesn't mean I'm basing my opinion solely on one game. I don't know what your level of participation is on this board (7 posts in 3 years), but my evaluation of Barea has been trending over the past several games - it's not my fault if you've only read one post in one thread, but it was just the most recent example in a body of work.

Roddy can't play PG and he certainly isn't going to learn how in half a season (at most) - Barea is our best option right now and it's not even close.

Getting 13 assists in 27 minutes as a BACKUP point guard is no small thing in this league, no matter which team happens to be on the schedule that day. I know everybody would prefer to have a starting-caliber PG to spell Kidd, but this ain't NBA2k.

So like I said before - Barea has earned the backup PG job for the season and Roddy's return isn't going to change that.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-11-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #85
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Quote:
I know everybody would prefer to have a starting-caliber PG to spell Kidd, but this ain't NBA2k.
I like how many people probably had blank realizations after reading that.

Last edited by CapitanObvious; 12-11-2010 at 11:32 AM.
CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #86
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

I think JJB is but a TINY issue compared to what the team has achieved so far.

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #87
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Barea had a nice game against a sh*tty team. He has an below average season so far.

And there are still so many damn matchups where he doesnt work at all (specially in the playoffs) so yes, we still need other options there.

Barea is a great OPTION you can throw out if its working but he is still no player you can rely on if you want to win a ring.

The Mavs need to have the luxury not to rely on Barea (same with Terrys shooting). Thats the story of the past years.

Last edited by sefant77; 12-11-2010 at 12:16 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #88
snowman420

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Barea had a nice game against a sh*tty team. He has an below average season so far.

And there are still so many damn matchups where he doesnt work at all (specially in the playoffs) so yes, we still need other options there.

Barea is a great OPTION you can throw out if its working but he is still no player you can rely on if you want to win a ring.

The Mavs need to have the luxury not to rely on Barea (same with Terrys shooting). Thats the story of the past years.
Perfectly said...
explained alot better than the way I did I'm sure, but this is what I ment lol
Old 12-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #89
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Quote:
I bet you feel smart. Here's some more stats:

0% 3-point shooting
0% FG shooting
0 APG

That's what Roddy has given us so far this season...

So what's your point again?

pwned.
jcm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #90
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Setting aside the shooting problems, JJB is arguably in the midst of the best stretch of games in his career in terms of his running of the team from the PG position. The Mavs have actually had wins lately in which Kidd has been able to sit out large segments of second halves and fourth quarters. You'd think fans of the team would be pleased.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 12-11-2010 at 01:37 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #91
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

So we can't be happy if JJB has a good game? We still have to complain about him-is that it? My God-some of you aren't going to be satisfied no matter what.
He's playing fine and filling the role he's been given right now.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #92
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Setting aside the shooting problems, JJB is arguably in the midst of the best stretch of games in his career in terms of his running of the team from the PG position. The Mavs have actually had wins lately in which Kidd has been able to sit out large segments of second halves and fourth quarters. You'd think fans of the team would be pleased.
aside from the three point shooting, i'm definitely pleased at how he's played. i like how he's not afraid to attack the rim and take on the big guys.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #93
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
So we can't be happy if JJB has a good game? We still have to complain about him-is that it? My God-some of you aren't going to be satisfied no matter what.
He's playing fine and filling the role he's been given right now.
Because i give a crap if we beat the freaking Nets, i care about beating the top teams in the playoffs and yes, having still just Barea as primary backup PG and (until Roddy is out) attacking the rim player isnt satisfying at all.

So yes, until there arent other options for him on the roster i wont be happy.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote