Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-27-2010, 11:12 PM   #81
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dammit where's my vicadin! And my tennis ball!
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2010, 11:12 PM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki misses second half in win

link

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Dallas Mavericks were without star forward Dirk Nowitzki for the second half of their 103-93 win against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday because of a sore right knee.

Nowitzki left the game at the 9:10 mark of the second quarter after his momentum from a fallaway jumper caused him to stumble backward to the floor. He was fouled on the play, but it appeared that he tripped over his own foot, causing him to fall.

Despite taking a while to get up and walking gingerly, Nowitzki made the free throw for a 42-36 Mavs lead and then headed to the locker room.

Nowitzki, who said after the game that he was day-to-day, will have an MRI exam on his right knee Tuesday morning. X-rays on his right knee were negative.

"It's been bothering me for the last two weeks, so maybe that's why it [the knee] gave in a little bit. Hopefully it's just a strain, and hopefully I'll be back in action soon."

The Mavs' forward, who is averaging 24.5 points and 7.6 rebounds, had 13 points on 4-of-6 shooting when he exited the game. After he left, the Mavs scored just 14 points and were outscored by the Thunder 20-14 to go into halftime tied 56-56.

"I'll take an ankle sprain over this any day just because this is a weird injury," Nowitzki said. "I never had it, so from a rolled ankle I probably would have walked it off and came right back out there."

The Mavericks play again Tuesday night at home against the Toronto Raptors and then on Thursday against Southwest Division rival San Antonio.

Dallas, which was paced by Caron Butler's 21 points against the Thunder, was also without reserve forward Brian Cardinal (stomach illness), leaving it without a true power forward on the roster. Small forward Steve Novak and fourth-string center Alexis Ajinca were active.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-27-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #83
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
Who is a legitimate backup for Dirk? Marion? Twin tower lineup Haywood and Chanldler? Alexis? Kidd?
Definitely Cardinal, but I could see Ajinca getting a little burn here and there if Dirk (and he won't be, mark it) is out any amount of time. He's obviously got more of a PF skillset compared to Mahinmi. Still, maybe Ajinca playing over Mahinmi was a Casey thing, whereas Carlisle would prefer to play Mahinmi at the 4. They both could do it, though you won't see Ian spotting up in the corner. Honestly, I think they like Ajinca's potential a lot, but its even possible Novak is active as the preferred forward, whereas Ajinca's viewed as a PF only in emergencies (as today).
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #84
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After listening to Dirk's interview and 5 minutes of googling, i'm guessing the injury is a strain to the popliteus muscle.
And was that the injury that sidelined him for the whole playoffs?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #85
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

X-ray will not identify ligament strain, tear or rupture.

If it is not torn, he needs to be fitted with a brace until he is strong and comfortable.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #86
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Definitely Cardinal, but I could see Ajinca getting a little burn here and there if Dirk (and he won't be, mark it) is out any amount of time. He's obviously got more of a PF skillset compared to Mahinmi. Still, maybe Ajinca playing over Mahinmi was a Casey thing, whereas Carlisle would prefer to play Mahinmi at the 4. They both could do it, though you won't see Ian spotting up in the corner. Honestly, I think they like Ajinca's potential a lot, but its even possible Novak is active as the preferred forward, whereas Ajinca's viewed as a PF only in emergencies (as today).
They might like the potential a lot, but not enough (at the time) to give Ajinca an extension...they declined that possibility several weeks ago.

All signs still point to him being an option on trade-bait. They've gotten nibbles but with how they're playing now, they're holding on because they know big men don't grow on trees and might be able to find something better in terms of a deal farther down the road.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #87
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Yep: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=4073024

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #88
Bayliss

Quote:
X-ray will not identify ligament strain, tear or rupture.
So basically, an X-Ray is pretty pointless nowadays.

If he has a torn ligament... he probably wouldn't have been able to walk on it, right?

(I can't remember if Webber did or not that year....)
Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #89
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
They might like the potential a lot, but not enough (at the time) to give Ajinca an extension...they declined that possibility several weeks ago.

All signs still point to him being an option on trade-bait. They've gotten nibbles but with how they're playing now, they're holding on because they know big men don't grow on trees and might be able to find something better in terms of a deal farther down the road.
Hmm. Obviously they've seen much more than I have, but Ajinca seems to have a pretty unique skill set of athleticism and shooting touch that very few seven footers have. Honestly, I have my doubts if he'll ever pan out, but I still love his potential and am a little surprised the Mavericks wouldn't be wanting to keep him around because of that potential.

If they signed him to an extension, his trade value would not be as high, would it? Expirings are much more attractive. I guess that makes sense.

Last edited by tcat075; 12-27-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #90
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Without that huge Bucks egg we would be on a 18-0 run...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #91
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Hmm. Obviously they've seen much more than I have, but Ajinca seems to have a pretty unique skill set of athleticism and shooting touch that very few seven footers have. Honestly, I have my doubts if he'll ever pan out, but I still love his potential and am a little surprised the Mavericks wouldn't be wanting to keep him around because of that potential.
Maybe it's their fault or something, but they made a decision and gave Ian a multi-year deal. Carlisle has been more vocal in praising Ian's work over Ajinca, but still gives him credit...it does feel a little more like token praise though. It's not to say that they see him as a stiff, but I think they've got more of their focus shifted towards Ian.

If they can only pick one, they've made their choice. They can always change it but for now, it's Ian over Lex.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #92
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Maybe it's their fault or something, but they made a decision and gave Ian a multi-year deal. Carlisle has been more vocal in praising Ian's work over Ajinca, but still gives him credit...it does feel a little more like token praise though. It's not to say that they see him as a stiff, but I think they've got more of their focus shifted towards Ian.

If they can only pick one, they've made their choice. They can always change it but for now, it's Ian over Lex.
I did add an edit to my post. And yes, I guess I should stop thinking of it as them decided that since they have Mahinmi they don't need Ajinca, and aggressively trying to trade him. Instead, they're putting him out there, and if they get a good offer, they have no issues parting with him. If not, they'll keep him, but no extension will come until they are sure that they won't get an offer they like. Its not like they've decided to get rid of him at all costs.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #93
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

That one was one of the top 3 wins of the season so far in my book.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #94
BGMaverick9
Guru

Dirk Tweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by @swish41

Thx for askin everybody. I will be ok. Got an mri 2mor mornin. Great win. guys came through bigtime and defense down the stretch was sick
Old 12-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #95
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk says: "Thx for askin everybody. I will be ok. Got an mri 2mor mornin. Great win. guys came through bigtime and defense down the stretch was sick"

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #96
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So basically, an X-Ray is pretty pointless nowadays.

If he has a torn ligament... he probably wouldn't have been able to walk on it, right?

(I can't remember if Webber did or not that year....)
I'm pretty sure there are tear scenarios where the knee is relatively pain free under normal conditions and able to be walked on.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #97
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
"The doc told us that the popliteus tendon/muscle strain is a “very unusual injury” for a basketball player, and one that requires extensive rest and rehabilitation. The tendon strain plus the bone spurs likely suggest that KG is developing an arthritic condition in his right knee, something that is not unusual in a player who has logged as many high-intensity minutes as Garnett"

It was a combination of old injuries in addition to the popliteus tendon that ended his season.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:38 PM   #98
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

we staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:00 AM   #99
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionsucks View Post
I've never seen the Mavs play this tough and physical. When Westbrook got injured on that play, the mavs didn't show any mercy whats so ever.... One word, beautiful!!!!!
Really...d-steve, chandler, caron, shawn have really added some guys who are willing to mix it up out there. Anyone thinking this is a soft team anymore is full of it and they are going to get their ass whupped..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #100
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

We really need to start finding more minutes for Stevenson. We got 12 points on what was essentially 5 attempted shots as well as his usual good defensive effort. I don't think it's any coincidence that our team usually starts the game out blazing hot with him out there, and it's because he's providing some incredibly valuable play on both sides of the ball. He's the definition of a great role player right now, and I feel like he deserves at least 20 minutes every night.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #101
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Really...d-steve, chandler, caron, shawn have really added some guys who are willing to mix it up out there. Anyone thinking this is a soft team anymore is full of it and they are going to get their ass whupped..
QFT

Old 12-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #102
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
We really need to start finding more minutes for Stevenson. We got 12 points on what was essentially 5 attempted shots as well as his usual good defensive effort. I don't think it's any coincidence that our team usually starts the game out blazing hot with him out there, and it's because he's providing some incredibly valuable play on both sides of the ball. He's the definition of a great role player right now, and I feel like he deserves at least 20 minutes every night.
Yeah, I'd really like to see more of him when Terry goes cold in the 1st half...

Old 12-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #103
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, I'd really like to see more of him when Terry goes cold in the 1st half...
It was interesting to see Jet and Stevenson out on the floor at the same time. I didn't see any major issues when they were out there together.

Talking about minutes and etc...

JJ got his second lowest total in logged minutes of the season. It was only 16 seconds short of a season-low.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #104
Underdog

Quote:
Talking about minutes and etc...

JJ got his second lowest total in logged minutes of the season. It was only 16 seconds short of a season-low.
I guess Barea doesn't have any incriminating pictures of Dwane Casey...

Last edited by Underdog; 12-28-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #105
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Co-sign the first paragraph of thig's post.
exactly. that is the most impassioned I've read thiggy in a long while...and I like it.

For the 2010 Dallas Mavericks its Business Time and the dress attire is NASTY.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 12-28-2010 at 12:23 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:08 AM   #106
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Butler is getting a lot more arc on his 3 point shot this year, I have noticed that
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:14 AM   #107
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I do not support the cockiness of this thread title.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:23 AM   #108
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Ballsy win @ OKC. My Recap:
http://4ptsplay.blogspot.com/2010/12...n-numbers.html

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:28 AM   #109
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

i feel like crying about dirk hurting.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:53 AM   #110
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

You guys have me freaked out that Dirk has a torn ligament. Not going to be able to sleep tonight, thx.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:57 AM   #111
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I fully understand that when your owner commits $55M (or whatever the guaranteed portion is) to a player then you have to give him every chance to get it together but at what point do we just bench Haywood? At least Mahinmi will play hard.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #112
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
You guys have me freaked out that Dirk has a torn ligament. Not going to be able to sleep tonight, thx.
I'm worried too, and that's that I never worry about Dirk
in any aspect. Got dammit.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:20 AM   #113
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Shocker of the 4rth was Ajinca's three
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:23 AM   #114
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Shocker of the 4rth was Ajinca's three
3rd

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:26 AM   #115
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-28-2010, 04:04 AM   #116
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Same. Really worried, but hoping for the best.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:06 AM   #117
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I fully understand that when your owner commits $55M (or whatever the guaranteed portion is) to a player then you have to give him every chance to get it together but at what point do we just bench Haywood? At least Mahinmi will play hard.
A fantastic win all around, but Haywood really is just playing for the paycheck this season. I just don't really get it on a team like this. I don't think he is going to turn it around unless Chandler gets hurt (knocks on wood). I give Rick so much respect for starting Chandler over Haywood to start the season.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:43 AM   #118
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

This was the first time since he's been here that Tuff Juice's nickname actually made any sense.

This team played tough. They didn't just play great defense and shut down the other team, they manhandled them with absolute aggression from all five of the players who were out there on the floor in the last half of the fourth, all at once.

They didn't just manhandle the OKC players, they manhandled their fans. I was worried someone was going to get a T for taunting the crowd.

Loved it. This team has never, ever played anything like this before. This is the kind of stuff that other teams used to do to them, and they'd just roll over the way OKC did tonight.

Finally they have a tough mindset... maybe the swagger will pay off in the playoffs.

Last edited by JHT; 12-28-2010 at 04:44 AM.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #119
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Great win!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #120
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if there's a recording of this game anywhere online? I'm sad to say I missed it.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote