Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #81
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishock View Post
Lmao how many times do I have to say I'm not a troll... yes maybe i have been overreacting but i've watched this team longer than 80% of the board. the truth is, I'm happy with Dirk and his clutch play today, but i'm just telling some of you to expect less from Dirk sometimes. the truth is, he's 33. It's not 2007-09 anymore, he can't put up 25 points on a consistent basis like he used to. It's that simple.

Now he's more of a 2nd or 3rd option on a champinship team, and that's why Cuban dumped chandler for a chance at Dwight Howard.

Try to prove me wrong, Dirk with the ball in his hands won't lead to good outcomes. Look at the 3rd when we dominated without Dirk taking a single shot. play team basketball, not 1 man army. i was surprised with Dirk being able to score in that last possession, especially against a great defender in garnett
I hate you.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #82
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishock View Post
Lmao how many times do I have to say I'm not a troll... yes maybe i have been overreacting but i've watched this team longer than 80% of the board.
So...how many teams are you a "fan" of?

Mavs?

Magic maybe?

no wait, the Pistons...that's it...

Old 01-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #83
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Roddy...yuck.. What the heck was that spin around toss layup attempt instead of taking it in hard....he's playing like a pussy.
Not that kind of player who throws his body around. Don't even think that's still because of the injury, just more Curry than Monta in him.

But I agree, he should be shooting more free throws. WAY more.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #84
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Old 01-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #85
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Haywood is actually having his best season to date on the boards (18.4 TRB% after this game - his median year is 14.8% to give you a benchmark), and I also think his defense looks as good as ever. The only problem - as mentioned earlier - is that he will be a liability whenever the Mavs go into the bonus due to that ever present temptation to turn the Mavericks' offense into a Haywood charity stripe event.

However if Mahinmi keeps up his play, you can just make sure Ian is in the game in situations where opponents might be inclined to implement a Hackin' Wood strategy. This works out quite nicely, and I think that's why you are seeing Mahinmi play late in quarters (and finishing out games when he isn't fouled out). Our center rotation is shaping up quite nicely imo.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #86
mavspwnage
Golden Member

http://www.nba.com/video/games/celti..._bos_play6.nba

lol
Old 01-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #87
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Haywood is actually having his best season to date on the boards (18.4 TRB% after this game - his median year is 14.8% to give you a benchmark), and I also think his defense looks as good as ever. The only problem - as mentioned earlier - is that he will be a liability whenever the Mavs go into the bonus due to that ever present temptation to turn the Mavericks' offense into a Haywood charity stripe event.

However if Mahinmi keeps up his play, you can just make sure Ian is in the game in situations where opponents might be inclined to implement a Hackin' Wood strategy. This works out quite nicely, and I think that's why you are seeing Mahinmi play late in quarters (and finishing out games when he isn't fouled out). Our center rotation is shaping up quite nicely imo.
Agree.

Although Ian is only shooting 58% from the line (before going 0-2 tonight). He traded his FT skills for better foot work.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #88
Bhzrd543

Bhzrd543 has a spectacular aura aboutBhzrd543 has a spectacular aura about

I truely hope you guys are watching the heat clippers game...OMFG...theatrics all around....spoelstra ejected, lebron, wade, and bosh are the most overrated trio I have ever seen in my life LOLOLOLOLOL

if you arent watching watch the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and overtime, if you dont die of laughter, you arent human
Bhzrd543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:47 AM   #89
Bhzrd543

Bhzrd543 has a spectacular aura aboutBhzrd543 has a spectacular aura about

that game epitomized "The Chockami Heat"
Bhzrd543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:49 AM   #90
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Agree.

Although Ian is only shooting 58% from the line (before going 0-2 tonight). He traded his FT skills for better foot work.
It's tougher to shoot them when you are playing a lot of minutes. More practice time when winded young man.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #91
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhzrd543 View Post
I truely hope you guys are watching the heat clippers game...OMFG...theatrics all around....spoelstra ejected, lebron, wade, and bosh are the most overrated trio I have ever seen in my life LOLOLOLOLOL

if you arent watching watch the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and overtime, if you dont die of laughter, you arent human
I watched some of the lechoke fest and the refs making up for it. It's amazing that I watched "nba" refs in Boston tonight, because they are nothing like these refs.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-12-2012, 01:56 AM   #92
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It's tougher to shoot them when you are playing a lot of minutes. More practice time when winded young man.
But you also have more rhythm. I think it's more of a fluke, honestly. He'll be around 70% by year's end, I wager.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #93
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

So many OT games tonight. Let us be happy nothing crazy happened (besides Dirk) and the teams did not have to battle an extra five minutes.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #94
CadBane
Banned

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/da...231810673939:1
Old 01-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #95
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
love this

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 AM   #96
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Via coop:

@coopmavs Got to give it up to Mavs assisant Monte Mathis. He's filling some big shoes brilliantly. Taking over for Dwane Casey and not missing a beat

@coopmavs In fact, mavs might even be better and he's had to work new people into the mix. Mavs hold opp under 90 in 6 of last 8. 88.3 pts on 42.8 FG

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #97
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
is that a flagrant foul? lol
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #98
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Via coop:

@coopmavs Got to give it up to Mavs assisant Monte Mathis. He's filling some big shoes brilliantly. Taking over for Dwane Casey and not missing a beat

@coopmavs In fact, mavs might even be better and he's had to work new people into the mix. Mavs hold opp under 90 in 6 of last 8. 88.3 pts on 42.8 FG
No they are not better yet. You have to adjust for average league efficiencies because this year those are way down (from 107.23 to 102.53). Mavs had 105.07 (-2.16 from avg) last year and 101.14 (-1.39) this year, just to give you an idea.

Mavs currently rank 10th in defense, 8th last year.

But nonetheless it's good to hear that folks around the team have a good feeling about Monte Mathis.
We played Detroit and Hornets now and Celtics right now also aren't equipped with an offense that you will call explosive, but that might be a good way to find rhythm.

But it's really interesting that Mavs are forcing opponents to take longer shots and keeping them out of the paint (or at least prevent scoring there). That has really improved compared to last season.

And yes, right now being in the TOP10 of DefEff fells like a jackpot because there is so much room for improvement.

Last edited by j0Shi; 01-12-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #99
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...dom/index.html

Mannix on Odom trying to adjust in Dallas. To quote Followill, it won't exactly set your mind at ease.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 AM   #100
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Dirk's and-1 came in at #1 on NBA's top 10 plays of the night.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:18 AM   #101
j0Shi
Diamond Member

I don't know that women at all (also never watched their shows etc.), but would say Khloe is giving her best to help making him comfortable.

Personal distractions are hard to deal, especially when you're as emotional as Odom, but right now no need to panic 11 games into the season. If he plays like that at the All-Star-Break, I'll be ready to hit the panic button though.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #102
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Dirk's and-1 came in at #1 on NBA's top 10 plays of the night.
And rightfully so!

I guess the other 9 plays where LeBrick's 9 makes at the stripe?

Last edited by j0Shi; 01-12-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:46 AM   #103
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Gotta add that I'm pretty sure at this point that the Lakers had insight and that this at least was part of their decision to ship him to New Orleans (Jackpot! Oh no...) and then ultimately send him to Dallas for cap relief. That deal was so amazingly lopsided that there virtually had to be a downside.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 AM   #104
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post

Mannix on Odom trying to adjust in Dallas. To quote Followill, it won't exactly set your mind at ease.
That article makes it hard to feel sympathetic for Odom. He basically says he doesn't know if he can fit in here? C'mon man.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:35 AM   #105
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Man, does that paint a bleak picture or what? I really thought his style of play was going to fit like a glove here.. I guess not.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #106
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
+rep for this and for owning the troll. well done my friend.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #107
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Dirk is phenomenal, when his head is in the game, and he acts like cares. For most of this game, he acted like the old Kareem adage to Magic: "Just 1 of 82."

I'm sure he is out of shape somewhat, unfamilar with his teammates tendencies, hurting a bit from his knee, and not as hungry after winning the championship.... but

If you honestly believe Dirk has been "good" so far this year, you are kidding yourself.

I believe he will turn it on later in the year... but **right now** he has been pretty awful, with the exception of about 3 minutes tonight, the two games against OKC, and Phx......
He was pretty solid against the Pistons too. He also moved a little better tonight, don't forget, we're 18 days into the season? And he was admittedly out of shape at the start. He'll get better, his rebounding numbers won't be great in the regular season, but his shot is almost there, at least it looks like it. Tonight's game was different in that KG gets away with anything. It's a travesty, he's probably the most hated player of mine.

He's also a well documented racist. It was great to see Dirk giving him the business in the fourth. West played really well in the first half, and although Odom's stats are still horrible, he's definitely improving as well. He's not gonna put up 14/8 with us, it's a totally different role, but he'll be a great contributor. Too good not to be. Like West more and more as well, he's a streaky shooter, but a hound on defense, he also gets steals, which we used to with Kidd.

Also, i'm shocked to see Vince playing useful on a night where he shot 1/8. It can be the first time in his career that he truly wants to blend in. He defends, and has great passes. I liked Roddy's 8 minutes, one nice transition assist, and a key bucket before halftime, i hope he can play around 20 minutes after the all-star break. I still think we need him.

(Man, why did we let Brewer and Rudy go? )

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 01-12-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #108
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
classic Dirk
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #109
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Good grief... Hopefully the writer took a negative slant because that dude sounds borderline nuts. He sounds like he is about ready to chuck it and if he can't bring more than that he probably should.

Sounds like he could use some meds for depression. It is very tough to work
up much empathy for his poor, poor situation. I know that life is life no matter the bucks you make but dang.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #110
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

Quote:
I really feel like I need to take some time out to explain some nuances of the game to a lot of you. I get so sick and tired of seeing posts like "Dirk needs to be more aggressive!" "Why isn't Dirk shooting!?" "Why is Dirk in the corner!?" Sometimes these gripes hold merit. Tonight was not one of those nights. A good player adapts their game based on the personnel, the flow, the tactics, etc.

Tonight, KG was allowed to literally bearhug Dirk every single trip down the court, and the refs wouldn't call it. In fact, they didn't call it one single time. KG finished the game with ONE foul despite committing dozens (if you call what he does every trip on D, not to mention 3 4th quarter illegal screens). So much so, that Coach got ejected over it. The fact is, because of this, when KG was on Dirk, it made things near impossible for Dirk to get a post catch. Accordingly, they went away from that and used Dirk to stretch the floor and "trap" two defenders on the Pick n' Roll. In THIS game, that was probably the best tactic. With Dirk on the perimeter, KG WILL NOT leave him, which completely opens the paint for everyone else. This tactic was epitomized on Jet's late lay-up. It was a waltz to the cup, perfectly orchestrated by Dirk. Now, in the 3rd quarter there was a stretch where KG was on the bench, and Dirk was calling for the ball, and West did a very poor job of getting it to him, but that's a different story entirely. In this game, due to the way it was being played and called, Dirk actually had a bigger impact as a floor spreader. That's why he only had 11 shots. Not "lack of heart", "lazyness", etc. And as we all saw, once it came down to the wire, Dirk will do his thing regardless.

I just wish some of you would take note of how the game is being played before saying stupid things.
Thank you for this post. I orginally was saying that Dirk needed to work harder to get in better position to get the ball aka defending west/Jet and others for not getting him the ball. After watching the 2nd half again, KG was allowed boat loads of contact and holding. When KG wasn't in the game and Dirk was (a very short time). We actually did well offensively and getting the ball to Dirk wasn't a big deal.

Fans need to realize getting the ball to a big man in the post who isn't that "big" sometimes can be a challenge when physical play is allowed. I agree with what you said and they definitely were using the post up non-play to Dirk as a smooke screen.

That said, Delonte was very frustrated by not getting any calls as well. He had many shots down low that looked like he was fouled but no calls. Sometimes he had a lane and could have pulled up for a little tear drop or Jet floater, but no he drove it right at the defensive player and he didn't get the call. He was little too aggressive there for a stretch. He won't get DWade calls so he should realize that.
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #111
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Eleven games in and the center position is the most consistent. How many people guessed that before the season started?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #112
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Awesome game last night, just like the Finals.

And Lebron missed 8 free throws last night.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #113
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Old 01-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #114
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzwestisbest View Post
That said, Delonte was very frustrated by not getting any calls as well. He had many shots down low that looked like he was fouled but no calls. Sometimes he had a lane and could have pulled up for a little tear drop or Jet floater, but no he drove it right at the defensive player and he didn't get the call. He was little too aggressive there for a stretch. He won't get DWade calls so he should realize that.
There was a time when Rondo intentionally wrapped up West on a drive (In the 3rd, I believe) and the refs still didn't call it. I think I'm going to need to forget about this game, because all it does is piss me off. That was the worst reffing I've seen in quite some time.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #115
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Eleven games in and the center position is the most consistent. How many people guessed that before the season started?
My List of Surprises...

1. My most pleasant surpris goes with what was mentioned above - the Mavs have a very reasonable answer for Chandler...Maybe they were lucky, but I am very impressed with Carlisle's confidence in our centers and how he is being consistent in their minutes. Haywood is showing signs of life, and Ian is just blossoming! And if things get dicey (foul outs, injury), Wright seems to be very capable. In fact, I think that they should give Wright at least 5-8 minutes per game at that position (all at once) against the less challenging teams..What I thought was going to be a weakness and low scoring production, is actually one of our strengths.

2. Delonte West - a changed man...My perceptions is about 75% of Barea's scoring ability, 90% of Barea's getting to the hole ability, and about 125 % of Barea's defense...Not bad..I wouldn't object if he starts in place of Kidd...Kidd may be the glue guy that would work well in building Odom's confidence...

3. Vince Carter - Where did his reasonable defense come from? I also thought that any offense through him would be a black hole, and ball stopage...The offense actually moves/flows well with him. Also key is that Dirk seems to like him.

4. Terry - Man - for years we were all hoping he would go away because we thought he was a chokester, especially in the playoffs and because of his low IQ play. All of a sudden, he is clearly our second best player, and glue to our team. His point play has been more than reasonable, with some awesome passing.

5. Odom - I've got my fingers crossed on him - but it is earily similar to Antoine Walker - great player but just doesn't fit...We'll see...I would like to see Kidd with him a little bit more. If we could figure him out - watch out...
Old 01-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #116
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well our game plans never revolve around the centers here. They hardly ever have to handle the ball and create, so by default their job is a little easier to be consistent. The team is still gelling and growing together and it will probably even out over time. Still, I am impressed thus far with what both centers have been able to do aside from free throws, especially Mahinmi. I knew he would show improvement but I didn't think it would be this good. Maybe that levels off too but it looks like he has put in lots of work and it's paying off.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #117
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So...how many teams are you a "fan" of?

Mavs?

Magic maybe?

no wait, the Pistons...that's it...

Must spread rep.

Wow

This moves things over from the anger category to the sad category in my mind. What a way to live your life.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #118
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Must spread rep.

Wow

This moves things over from the anger category to the sad category in my mind. What a way to live your life.
I was going to say the same thing.

Who spends their time doing crap like that, seriously? I'm willing to bet this troll is the inspiration for 40 year old virgin.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 01-12-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #119
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Must spread rep.

Wow

He appears to be addicted to a great deal of people in several different cities thinking he is a complete idiot.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #120
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Terry's been playing anywhere from respectable to downright good defense ever since last playoffs started. I commented at some point late in the playoffs that it was hard to remember even a single possession where I thought, "Damn Terry, that's awful defense," which had been a not-so-uncommon thought throughout his career. There have been a few of those moments this season so far, but the frequency is still far less.

In any event, I'm impressed. Much like Dirk adding to his game each year even well into his 30s, apparently you can teach an old dog new tricks.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
more iriscock please