Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #81
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Do not get me wrong, i love Jet. He is my 2nd fav. MAVS player since the Nash/Fin/NVE era. Jet played his butt off for the MAVS and his number should be retired IMO.

BUT STILL, Jet's expectations are too high now. 35+yo Jet is an 8th man and should be paid like this...

Jet is becoming a low % volume shooter with zero defense, zero rebounding and zero attacking the rim ability. ...find Jet http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...hooting-guards
I don't see a big dropoff in jets athleticism. I think his struggles (and many of the nba players who are older are).

1. Ridiculous schedule with not practice time. If you only go barrelling into the basket, you don't need a lot of practice.
2. Last year jet would get into the lane and the presence of chandler would give bigs hesitation. Jet lobbed to chandler probably the most on the team...(I'd have to check that but it's right up there). This year if he gets into the lane there is a big waiting sagging off of haywood/ian. There is little threat in there.

Zero defense is incorrect, he's always had issues but when motivated her is servicable.
If he's the 8th man, he's one of the best in the business.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #82
JET41

JET41 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
If he's the 8th man, he's one of the best in the business.
Definitely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post

But funny how those that are upset by what JET said are not even mentioning the second part of the article..where KIDD agrees completely with JET and says that he himself is playing for "just a handful of teams"??

Again people usually try to blame thing on one player or a couple of other players. I have always been about WIN AS A TEAM...LOSE AS A TEAM.

** For all the shit people give Jet....and all the "no excuses: crap. ONE can do the same to DIRK and the fact that he didnt come in ready to play?? Is that not so?? I am just giving an example...but again to me its WIN AS A TEAM ...LOSE AS A TEAM

If the Mavs win this year ...I will give them all credit. Yes maybe some more than other, but everyone plays their part.

If they lose..they will all get blame...including Dirk....and again...yeas some more than other.
Yeah I really can't believe how some Mavs fans are acting.
Did some people forget how Dirk started this season off? he was out of shape, as he said himself and he just was playing bad basketball and he even have some timely bad pass over's but no one care to remember that.

Anything Terry does wrong people suddenly wants him removed off the team.

The thing I love with Dirk is that even though he started bad I knew he'd sooner or later be back to his normal self even when I saw some people on the Mavs forum being ridiculous by saying Dirk should get traded.

I feel that way with Terry. No matter how bad he does for a long stretch I still would have faith in the guy after everything he's done for the team. At this moment he does have a right to be upset that he is dedicated to the Mavs organizing and he might not get resigned.

I guess it's how Lamar Odom feels right now about what happened with the Lakers?...although that doesn't excuse how bad he's playing. He should be proud a Championship team wanted him and he should play better and more productive.

At this moment everything is not one individual fault, it's the team. So far the most consistent players on the team has seem to be Delonte West & Brandon Wright...Ian Mahinmi can be added as well. Dirk is getting back to himself and I still want him with the ball at the end of the game. Terry has been playing alright to me. He hasn't been playing the best but he's definitely not playing the worst. He's been good and I see him improving cause he knows the team needs him to play well.

Last edited by JET41; 03-15-2012 at 03:53 PM.
JET41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #83
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Relationships never end well.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #84
Erod

Erod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You don't understand anything about how contracts in this league work and I'm not going to take the time to educate you...

This joke of an NBA season aside, the Mavs are in a great position right now.
I understand it just fine. The bottom line is Dwight Howard is/was a pipe dream, and Deron Williams is not the kind of player to change a team's fortunes or he would have done it in Utah and New Jersey. Williams will probably end up here, and Howard will end up in LA, the northeast, or Orlando the following year.

Cuban made his argument about the luxury tax and why he didn't sign Chandler and Barea. Still doesn't mean he didn't throw in the towel, which he did.
Erod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #85
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Some more comments from Terry after last nights game... feels like he's using plans of the management as an excuse this year. Not good for a player with his importance to the roster...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #86
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

What did JET say this time???
Old 03-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #87
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...-sense-urgency
Old 03-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #88
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Thanks...but NVM I saw it

Last edited by AO41; 03-16-2012 at 11:29 AM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #89
AO41
Platinum Member

Honest mann rite there.....and you can criticize him all you want. Its not like this is NEWS that he is spilling out to the media...like he says the FO has told them and everyone else that its about next year.

Many see this as a negative, but I actually think guys like Jet can turn this into a positive. Because he says "everybody in this locker room is trying to win this year and see what happens."

These guys want to show that they can get it done and if they can come together by the layoffs...WATCH and mark my words this team will be a MONSTER with not much to lose, but soo much to GAIN.

GOOOO MAVS
Old 03-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #90
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like a big lotta nothing.

Even if he didn't say anything, he was thinking it and other people know it.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #91
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes you have to be smart enough to know when to shut up. JET has proven over his career that intelligence isn't exactly something he's going to put on his resume at any point in his life.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #92
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

(Hey, congratz, no trades at the deadline for the Mavs. A vote of confidence?) "Not a vote of confidence at all. We already know that management told us they're playing for next year, but everybody in this locker room is trying to win this year and see what happens."

Sigh...
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #93
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Sometimes you have to be smart enough to know when to shut up. JET has proven over his career that intelligence isn't exactly something he's going to put on his resume at any point in his life.
Exactly - no matter how "right" he thinks he is, he's not doing himself any favors in regards to getting a new contract with this team by talking about it to the media. Nothing is going to happen right now anyway, so why complain? Just go out there and earn the $11.4mil you're getting paid to play THIS season.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-16-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #94
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, the only thing that can come of this is to build animosity towards the front office in the locker room.. and maybe get a teammate or two pissed off at you. So if there is nothing good that come of opening your mouth but something bad can come of it, shut the hell up.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #95
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

This is all a non-issue to me. If he starts playing better, I don't care what he says. If he doesn't, I'll be disappointed that he's not playing well and won't care what he says.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #96
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

i dont care what terry says anymore, he won't be with the mavs next year
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #97
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

What's up with these mid-30s swingmen getting upset that their $10M+ contracts aren't automatically getting extended because the player is showing a pulse? JET, I love ya, but play your ass off and keep the contract situation private. Any player who acts like a scorned lover to the media just makes professional athletes look like primadonnas.

At my office's next conference I should very noticeably give my business card and resume to every other company that's there. I wonder if I'd have a job the next day (Hint: no).
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #98
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
At my office's next conference I should very noticeably give my business card and resume to every other company that's there. I wonder if I'd have a job the next day (Hint: no).
Yeah, but that would be funny!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #99
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
i dont care what terry says anymore, he won't be with the mavs next year
Not necessarily - I'm sure Cuban would love to have him back at the right price, but JET seems to think he's worth more than he is (or at least he seems to think that he's so valuable that his contract should automatically re-upped just because of what he did in the playoffs LAST season...)

Old 03-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #100
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Not necessarily - I'm sure Cuban would love to have him back at the right price, but JET seems to think he's worth more than he is (or at least he seems to think that he's so valuable that his contract should automatically re-upped just because of what he did in the playoffs LAST season...)
yeah im thinking he's going to want a contract like Caron got and i dont see cuban doing it.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #101
JET41

JET41 will become famous soon enough

Well I hope Terry is back next season, if he's not then I'll follow him to any other team he's on cause I support the player.

I see Jason Terry as a Mav so much now so I would want him to stay with the Mavs, I have hope he'll stay... so we will see.
JET41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #102
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that Terry called his last contract one with a "hometown discount," I'd say it's not likely that he's going to want to come back at the price we're going to be offering ($3-4M? Is that realistic?).
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #103
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Yeah, if you guys recall, JET was one of the more outspoken players against the CBA saying it hurt the "middle class" NBA player. Looks like he had himself in mind.

Again, I don't think this is a big deal. Everybody knows his contract status and the Mavericks' plans. Is it better to talk about it and brew on it personally or is it better to have it out there? Does it make a difference?

Who knows, we'll see.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #104
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
What's up with these mid-30s swingmen getting upset that their $10M+ contracts aren't automatically getting extended because the player is showing a pulse? JET, I love ya, but play your ass off and keep the contract situation private. Any player who acts like a scorned lover to the media just makes professional athletes look like primadonnas.

You would if you had a contract.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 03-16-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #105
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I don't think it should automatically be reupped at last years price but discussed instead of being told to get lost, yea.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #106
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I don't think it should automatically be reupped at last years price but discussed instead of being told to get lost, yea.
Nobody told him that. They've said absolutely nothing because it's a discussion that can wait until the offseason.

You're sounding a helluva lot like a welfare-entitled liberal these days, Dude - I figured that a so-called fiscal conservative like yourself would know the value of EARNING what you get. He certainly isn't earning the $11.4mil paycheck that he's getting paid this season (his stats are at an all-time low since he put on a Mavs uniform), so what gives him the right to demand more money?

He should STFU and focus on his game - the money will follow.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-16-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #107
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Kidd is saying the same thing, Dirk said things he didn't have to say earlier..

... not sure why it's a big bru-ha-ha.

They'll get paid if they play well. Talking shouldn't impact their play. I don't get how some people are connecting that line (talking will affect their play).

Old 03-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #108
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

I know Terry wants to retire here and get his jersey retired, but it won't happen. Neither of Nash, Finley, Kidd or Terry will have their jersey retired here. Only number 41 will go up along with 15 and 22.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #109
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Kidd is saying the same thing, Dirk said things he didn't have to say earlier..

... not sure why it's a big bru-ha-ha.

They'll get paid if they play well. Talking shouldn't impact their play. I don't get how some people are connecting that line (talking will affect their play).
Talking doesn't affect their play, but their play definitely affects how their talk is perceived.

And Kidd was asked by Tim McMahon in response to Terry's words when he OBVIOUSLY joked, "Nah, I’ve just got a handful of teams" - he never initiated the conversation like JET did. He also said the best way to get a new contract is, "You win. You go out there and play hard. The guys that went out there and played hard for us last year - and weren’t playing for themselves - got rewarded. That’s the way we have to approach it."

Jason Terry isn't playing so hard these days - there's a lot of sulking, a lot of calling out his team to the media and a lot of bad basketball being played by him. Nobody is going to reward that.

Maybe his teammates are cool with his talk, but as a fan, I don't want to hear ANYBODY on this team bitch about getting more money when they're losing to teams like Golden State, Sacramento or Phoenix. Shut up and man up - I'm sick of hearing about it.

Hey Jason Terry: I WANT A REFUND ON MY LEAGUE PASS, BITCH.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-16-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #110
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Talking doesn't affect their play, but their play definitely affects how their talk is perceived.

And Kidd was asked by Tim McMahon in response to Terry's words when he OBVIOUSLY joked, "Nah, I’ve just got a handful of teams" - he never initiated the conversation like JET did. He also said the best way to get a new contract is, "You win. You go out there and play hard. The guys that went out there and played hard for us last year - and weren’t playing for themselves - got rewarded. That’s the way we have to approach it."

Jason Terry isn't playing so hard these days - there's a lot of sulking, a lot of calling out his team to the media and a lot of bad basketball being played by him. Nobody is going to reward that.

Maybe his teammates are cool with his talk, but as a fan, I don't want to hear ANYBODY on this team bitch about getting more money when they're losing to teams like Golden State, Sacramento or Phoenix. Shut up and man up - I'm sick of hearing about it.

Hey Jason Terry: I WANT A REFUND ON MY LEAGUE PASS, BITCH.
I believe you are missing a few lines of the first Kidd quote and I dont think he is joking. Kidd has said many time that next year he wants to back up D Will "wherever" he is?? Now you can sit and over analyze that and assume or you can just say that he was being honest and answering a few Qs...same with JET.

I doubt Jet is asking for the same type of $$ or contract and WE all know he wants to stay here.

ITS NO BIG DEAL.....Again to me there's a new JET standard going around...if your not perfect you suck. And I am not buying into that.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #111
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
I know Terry wants to retire here and get his jersey retired, but it won't happen. Neither of Nash, Finley, Kidd or Terry will have their jersey retired here. Only number 41 will go up along with 15 and 22.
Uhh IDK about Kidd because its a tough call on the # itself lol

But IMO a kidd jersey def. deserves to be up there.

NOW I dont see anyway that JETs 31 isnt retired some years from now. I also believe that Nash and Fin will also have theirs retired.

Dirk, Jet, Nash, Finley, and Kidd....probably the most accomplished and best Mavs 5 of all time.

And I actually like all those guys as much or more than Jet...but he is second to only Dirk when it comes to what he has accomplished with the organization. 2 FINALS AND 1 CHAMPIONSHIP
Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #112
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
I believe you are missing a few lines of the first Kidd quote and I dont think he is joking. Kidd has said many time that next year he wants to back up D Will "wherever" he is?? Now you can sit and over analyze that and assume or you can just say that he was being honest and answering a few Qs...same with JET.
I was there. Kidd said his comments in jest. He had a grin on his face and tailed off as he said it to leave room for laughter.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #113
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think on last years deadline JET were stating that he hopes the roster stays intact (including Caron).

For me that's a pretty big contrast to his comments this year, where he basically calls out the management in saying they have players that want to win this year, but management has failed to provide upgrades at the deadline to do so, because they only care about next year.

Then again, JET is JET, if he plays well, OK.

Last edited by j0Shi; 03-16-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #114
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
Complete bullshit. Kidd and Terry are a lock.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #115
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think on last years deadline JET were stating that he hopes the roster stays intact (including Caron).

For me that's a pretty big contrast to his comments this year, where he basically calls out the management in saying they have players that want to win this year, but management has failed to provide upgrades at the deadline to do so, because they only care about next year.

Then again, JET is JET, if he plays well, OK.
Contrast but not a contradiction. He believed in that team last year. He doesn't believe in this one. He's probably thought that they only care about next year since the season started. It obviously isn't just the trade deadline inactivity.

I doubt Terry can change his financial fate much with his play. Unless he just falls off a cliff he's going to fit into the same salary slot he was already going to fit in.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #116
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Contrast but not a contradiction. He believed in that team last year. He doesn't believe in this one. He's probably thought that they only care about next year since the season started. It obviously isn't just the trade deadline inactivity.

I doubt Terry can change his financial fate much with his play. Unless he just falls off a cliff he's going to fit into the same salary slot he was already going to fit in.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that's pretty alarming. He doesn't believe (should be a leader) and he also has an excuse in "management didn't make it happen."

I don't like it.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #117
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Nobody told him that. They've said absolutely nothing because it's a discussion that can wait until the offseason.

You're sounding a helluva lot like a welfare-entitled liberal these days, Dude - I figured that a so-called fiscal conservative like yourself would know the value of EARNING what you get. He certainly isn't earning the $11.4mil paycheck that he's getting paid this season (his stats are at an all-time low since he put on a Mavs uniform), so what gives him the right to demand more money?

He should STFU and focus on his game - the money will follow.
First jet isn't playing nearly as poorly as you are stating. His ppg is down 1.2 from career, fg% .428 versus .448.

Dirks as a comparison is -2.5 and -.16 fg%. Jets played every game this year whereas dirk had to have his own personal training camp because he came in out of shape, jet came back ready to play, dirk didn't.

He's earning his paycheck as much as anyone on this team. Shawn's numbers have fallen off even worse than jets and I don't think we want to even mention jkiddo.

The Mavs are playing hardball, thats fine, jet is doing the same. It might not be worth a crap to help his case, but IMO he's earned the right to bitch about what has happened and what is about to happen. He doesn't like the path that management has taken and even though he's been as big a part of the success of this franchise as anyone, there isn't anything he can do about it, nor do they want to even talk to him about it, it appears.

He's not the kind of guy who swallows it but instead let's it out. But bitching that he should shut up because he's not earning his paycheck ( hinting that he's dogging it on purpose ) is a crock. If he's not earning his paycheck then hardly anyone on the team is either.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #118
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat_1795 View Post
Complete bullshit. Kidd and Terry are a lock.
Terry better be up there..moreso IMO than jkiddo. Id like to see em both but if I had to choose I'd pick jet.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #119
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that's pretty alarming. He doesn't believe (should be a leader) and he also has an excuse in "management didn't make it happen."

I don't like it.
His is excuse is "they don't want me" and "they don't care." Hopefully the aura of the playoffs and memories of the past will make him forget the excuses. Terry has always been able to invent narratives to hype himself up.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #120
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Some of the stuff is cold in this thread. JET has been nothing but good for the Mavs. I see no other player in a Mavs uniform taking the time during the game to run around the stadium and pump up the fans. All JET has done is play with heart for this team and we are seriously sitting around bashing one of the players we should be thanking the most for this great Mavs team over the last many years. I got nothin but respect for what Jason Terry has meant to this organization. Quite frankly, he's earned the right to say all he wants in regards to this team.

Plus, I'll never forget what he did last playoffs. Specifically dropping 27 in game 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMeBpvHi39Y

Tags
distant fart in the wind