Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #81
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3189 View Post
Wesley Mathews is definitely not the scorer that Monta is. But Wesley Mathews makes Dallas bigger at the shooting guard position. He can knock down 3's and play defense. Now Dallas needs a starting point guard and a bench from the shooting guard to the center positions.
If J.J. returns I am not too worried about the PG position. We have Raymond Felton and Devin Harris already. I honestly liked having those two guys last year along with Jameer Nelson last season before we blew it all up. After these first moves this offseason I still have full faith in the Dallas front office.

I am really more interested in who the Mavericks can get to back up DeAndre Jordan. He will leave around 14 minutes a game on average for someone else to play. Can this man be Amar'e?
Old 07-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
If J.J. returns I am not too worried about the PG position. We have Raymond Felton and Devin Harris already.
I'd be shocked if Felton is still on the roster opening day... Hell, I'd be shocked if he's still on the roster next week.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #83
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'd be shocked if Felton is still on the roster opening day... Hell, I'd be shocked if he's still on the roster next week.
I would be suprised if we just waived him. What do you expect for the Mavericks to do exactly? Do you expect for a trade to occur?
Old 07-03-2015, 06:08 PM   #84
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I would be suprised if we just waived him. What do you expect for the Mavericks to do exactly? Do you expect for a trade to occur?
Yeah, I see a trade, maybe part of a multi-team S&T involving Chandler or Ellis, something like that... Gotta maximize our remaining cap space, can't really afford to tie some of it up by stretching Felton.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #85
Underdog

The Rebuilding of Iron Man

Old 07-04-2015, 05:04 PM   #86
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
There's rumors floating around that they'd just waive him/stretch him and supposedly it opens up 2.6 million in cap space.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #87
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

We stacked!
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #88
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
There's rumors floating around that they'd just waive him/stretch him and supposedly it opens up 2.6 million in cap space.
Yeah if we can't find a way to get rid of him in trade AND we see a point guard we like better than him who is willing to take an offer of that 2.6 mil from us, then we stretch waive him. But if we can just send him out as part of a sign and trade, we might be able to get somebody back that we like even better with the roughly $4 mil we'd have to spend.

Worst we end up is Harris, Felton, Barea at PG.
Best is we end up with two of those guys and one slight upgrade.
I'm ok with either because of our upgrades at starting Center and potentially Shooting Guard.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #89
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

I could really care less for Raymond on this team. If Dallas can trade him, that wil be great. But I'm wondering who would pick him up in a trade. Felton has not showed anything to stand out for the past 2 years. The point guard position is so good in the league right now. There are point guards who can start on some teams who are playing back up right now. Perfect example. I can see Jose Calderon starting for Dallas again, Lakers, Pacers and Philly. The knock on Jose has been his defense, and he was hurt last year. He is very unselfish, rarely turns the ball over, and is a good 3pt shooter. I said this before, if Jose was a good defender, he would be a top 10 point guard. So basically my point is, it will be hard for Felton to get playing time for alot of teams if Dallas was to trade him.

Last edited by jay3189; 07-05-2015 at 08:02 PM.
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:07 PM   #90
EastTxMFFL

EastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really nice

Yea I'm not a fan of Felton either. I'd love to have Calderon back.

P.S When is Westbrook a FA again? O:-)

Last edited by EastTxMFFL; 07-05-2015 at 08:09 PM.
EastTxMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #91
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTxMFFL View Post
Yea I'm not a fan of Felton either. I'd love to have Calderon back.

P.S When is Westbrook a FA again? O:-)
At this point I am not a fan of anyone that is exclusively a one way player. Until we get someone like a Prime Dirk, we can't afford to give away any free baskets.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:17 PM   #92
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

We just need a legit point guard. He doesn't have to be a great defender, great passer, great shooter, great rebounder. He just have to be reliable at something. And be at least average in other areas. If Dallas get a good shooting point guard who is good at pick and rolls but is a bad rebounder and a average defender, I will take that. A bad shooting point guard, who can defend, and who is not turnover prone, I will take that. Dallas needs a starting point guard and a backup shooting guard and center.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:33 AM   #93
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3189 View Post
We just need a legit point guard. He doesn't have to be a great defender, great passer, great shooter, great rebounder. He just have to be reliable at something. And be at least average in other areas. If Dallas get a good shooting point guard who is good at pick and rolls but is a bad rebounder and a average defender, I will take that. A bad shooting point guard, who can defend, and who is not turnover prone, I will take that. . . .
That sounds an awful lot like Devin Harris to me, no?
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #94
Underdog

@jwquick: Wesley Matthews will sign with Dallas Thursday regardless of DeAndre Jordan's decision, source close to Matthews says http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in..._thursday.html

Old 07-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #95
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
@jwquick: Wesley Matthews will sign with Dallas Thursday regardless of DeAndre Jordan's decision, source close to Matthews says http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in..._thursday.html
We can probably get an expiring and a first round pick for him, no?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #96
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
We can probably get an expiring and a first round pick for him, no?
Nah, he's part of our Jordan-Parsons-Matthews trio.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #97
Underdog

@BallinWithBryan: Cuban said that he gave Wes Matthews an out but Wes declined and said he wants to be a Maverick. Cuban said he's the kind of guy they want.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:13 AM   #98
bunkmoreland

Quote:
@BallinWithBryan: Cuban said that he gave Wes Matthews an out but Wes declined and said he wants to be a Maverick. Cuban said he's the kind of guy they want.
That was nice to offer him an out if he wanted.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:58 AM   #99
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Well at least Wes Matthews isn't a living breathing piece of shit like Jordan
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:21 AM   #100
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

We have to keep Wes now. If he signs and we trade him, that would be horrible on our behalf.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:34 AM   #101
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Just shows the massive gap between someone like Cuban and someone like Jordan.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:09 PM   #102
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nice of Cuban to offer. Class and respect. Even though Matthews COMMITTED before Jordan did. Matthews coming regardless, nevertheless, Cuban's a class act.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #103
jay3189
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Zhi Zhi View Post
That sounds an awful lot like Devin Harris to me, no?
Maybe. Devin has to be a little more consistent tho.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #104
jay3189
Banned

Much respect to Wesley Mathews.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #105
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Yes, I'm liking this guy. Hope he takes his time and gets a full 100% before returning.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:19 PM   #106
Underdog

@MFollowill: First official Mavs move of FA has happened, club announces signing of Wes Matthews.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #107
Underdog

Old 07-09-2015, 05:36 PM   #108
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have Matthews, Parsons, and Dirk. It definitely could be worse. I mean, we won 49 games with Ellis, Calderon, Dalembert, and Dirk. I'd prefer to tank, but 45 wins isn't unreasonable.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:41 PM   #109
Underdog

@bobbykaralla: Rick Carlisle on Wes Matthews, via @EarlKSneed: http://www.mavs.com/mavs-get-coveted...sley-matthews/

Old 07-09-2015, 05:42 PM   #110
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, we maxed him.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #111
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With DeAndre Jordan going back to the Clippers, Wes Matthews's deal with Dallas goes from 4/$57M to a max deal: 4 years, $70M, per source.
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/sta...74538791141377
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #112
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With DeAndre Jordan going back to the Clippers, Wes Matthews's deal with Dallas goes from 4/$57M to a max deal: 4 years, $70M, per source.
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/sta...74538791141377
Old 07-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #113
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Not that it would matter, but it's obviously too much.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #114
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Wow, we maxed him.
Well, now we don't have to worry about the team salary floor...

Old 07-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #115
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

Why on earth did we do that? Seriously. Is THAT the reason why he "honored" his commitment to us? Or did we just give a guy a $13MM raise for no reason?
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #116
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

The message of course being: We now have to pay more than the Kings to get people to come here.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #117
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it's possible that this was what was negotiated. If DJ comes here we give you 13, if he doesn't we will max you. Sac was offering 16.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #118
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Cuban: Wes, you can back out if you want.
Wes: Show. Me. The. Money.
Cuban: Fiiine. Max.
Wes: Mavs forever!

Old 07-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #119
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Gooooooooood god smfh
Old 07-09-2015, 06:15 PM   #120
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

#foreverthe10thseed