Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-02-2002, 06:40 PM   #81
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Dirk shooting so many 3s? I realize the line is about 3 feet shorter but still...
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2002, 06:59 PM   #82
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

The refs are a fucking joke. Bullshit calls. The euro refs mafia really hates germany. Fuck em.

And Bayliss there you have your explanation for all the outside shooting. New Zealand keeps hammering us with no call. We shot like 15 ft´s for the whole game while we should have gotten 50. It´s disgusting.

Besides that Nowitzki had a below (lol edit: I wanted to say below actually) average game offensively today. His shot was off. He made up for that with rebounding and great D.

Germany won the game 84 - 64. Okulaja and Nikagbatse played pretty strong and Demirel hit something like 4 or 5 three pointers in the second half.

The team that really impressed me today was spain. They beat turkey by 20 points and played really good ball.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 07:13 PM   #83
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Puerto Rico just beat Yugoslavia.
85 - 83.
I think the yugoslavian team has issues. It seems like Pesic has made Bodiroga the go to guy over Stojakovic. Davic didn´t look happy today, I´ve only seen a few minutes though cause I was watching the german game. I´d like to hear Milos` opinion on that.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:29 PM   #84
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Dirk looked horrible tonight to me on offense ... I can take it if he just shoot over his opponent all the time, but he NEVER posted up this 2.09 guy Mr Book or started to drive to the basket. Off game offensively, very nice one considering rebounding though ...

And what the hell were those ref´s calling all the time? They didn´t see obvious travelings (p.e. by Femerling) but called Pesic all the time, some chargings were plain jokes, and ... well, lets stop this. Just pray for the refs to get better.

Hmmm ... please someone tell me about Puerto Rico ... what´s this?
Old 09-02-2002, 07:41 PM   #85
Fidel
Diamond Member

SJ, what do you think about Dirk´s D tonight (yeah he was worse than below (aaah get that right) average on offense)? And what about Nikagbatse?

From what I´ve seen of the other game Puerto Rico kept attacking the basket in the final minutes and yugoslavia couldn´t stop them.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:47 PM   #86
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Dirks D? Hmmm ... he altered at least 4 shots (in the 3 quarters I saw, ARD SUX), I think he blocked another 2-3, and looked pretty interested in recovering balls and stuff ... still he was in troubles sometimes because of that razzle-dazzle style the Kiwis were playing on offense. I´d say it was pretty ok though, especially if you take into consideration that there wasn´t anyone around who was made for guarding by Dirk ... just 8 or 9 guard-like types and this Mr. Book ...
Old 09-02-2002, 08:19 PM   #87
Fidel
Diamond Member

Nothing against you guys or the US, but why do they give the worldchamps to Indiana if the people do not care at all. Even the US team has to play in an nearly empty conseco field house. The game against russia right now has absolutely no atmosphere. And I don´t even talk about the games not involving the US.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:46 PM   #88
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

Man, Lebannon really sucks, they lost to ALGERIA by 30 today and finished last in the tournament!
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 05:21 PM   #89
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road

<< Nothing against you guys or the US, but why do they give the worldchamps to Indiana if the people do not care at all. Even the US team has to play in an nearly empty conseco field house. The game against russia right now has absolutely no atmosphere. And I don´t even talk about the games not involving the US. >>

It might be that the NBA's biggest stars aren't playing. If more exciting players like T-Mac,Garnett, Kobe and Shaq were playing, there might be a bigger turnout. Of the NBA's top 25 scorers, only Finley and Pierce are playing.

Maybe now that Reggie Miller is healthy and playing, more people will show up.

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 05:33 PM   #90
Dirk77
Banned

Fidel, why is germany losing 26-15 and dirk has no points on only 3 attempts???
Old 09-03-2002, 05:40 PM   #91
Dirk77
Banned

my friend in germany called me, he said Argentina is making EVERYTHING they are shooting and once again the refs are a bit of a joke.
Old 09-03-2002, 05:45 PM   #92
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

clever dirk77, then tell your friend in germany to tell me where he´s watching SINCE GERMAN TELEVISION IS STARTING BROADCAST IN 15 MINUTES
Old 09-03-2002, 05:48 PM   #93
Dirk77
Banned

no, lol, I don't know? Is the game not on yet on any german channel? I know he has some german satelitte chanels, its either on that or he's BS'ing me, lol
Old 09-03-2002, 05:50 PM   #94
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

or maybe you´re just lying?

rights are with ard, and they start their live coverage in 15 mins ...
Old 09-03-2002, 05:56 PM   #95
Dirk77
Banned

no, not lying. Mabye my buddy Alex is, but im not. Are there not any other networks that u can pay for in germany or on nba.net where the game is available? I'll call him again.
Old 09-03-2002, 05:57 PM   #96
Fidel
Diamond Member

Germany plays like shit right now. I told you SJ that I am able to see the games. Not sure about your friend though Dirk77 cause it´s actually pretty complicated and not quite cheap to be able to see the games.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:00 PM   #97
Fidel
Diamond Member

Dirk hasn´t got any attempts cause he gets double and triple teamed all the time, he also gets hammered alot. Unfortunately no one else is makin shots.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:01 PM   #98
Dirk77
Banned

He's pretty well off. Judging from the boxscore, Dirk is getting the rock enough, 0-4, 8-8 in ft's. Germany only 6-18 and Argentiana refuses to miss, lol.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:01 PM   #99
Dirk77
Banned

the FIBA refs are crap, Vlade summed them up best.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:09 PM   #100
Fidel
Diamond Member

46 - 34 at the half for Argentina. Could have been much worse for Germany cause we were shooting like 25% while Argentina shot 52%. Dirk was only 1/7 from the field (8/8 from the line, he really got fouled alot).
Old 09-03-2002, 06:22 PM   #101
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

Well, actually I don´t see the reason for us trailing that much ... I mean, SURE I see the reason, it´s field goal percentage, but in that short period of time when I saw the game germany was plain unlucky... three shots from Femerling went in-and-out, and if you take that in account we´re suddenly back in the game when they fall ...

Dirk is pissed off - he ran into the locker quite angry, and he will show the argentinos where the german hammer comes from now ...
Old 09-03-2002, 06:31 PM   #102
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

Hell, those argentinos are shooting as accurate as I´ve seen a team shoot so far and we can´t hit a jumbo jet ...
Old 09-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #103
Fidel
Diamond Member

Gosh we´re really gonna lose to those mutherfuckers.
Just like argentin soccer teams they are sooo easy to hate.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:37 PM   #104
Fidel
Diamond Member

team USA is attending the game. I just saw Andre Miller and Antonio Davis.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:37 PM   #105
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

I don´t think we´re lost yet - they gave 7 quick points earliy in the 3rd, that might happen again, he just have to continue fouling them up and HITTING some shots ...
Old 09-03-2002, 06:44 PM   #106
Fidel
Diamond Member

Argentina really looks like they are on drugs.

No just joking, but they really don´t miss.

And Dirk is 3-14. I hope he finds his rhythm again before the worlds are over.

Oh mann spielt Dik scheisse.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:49 PM   #107
Dirk77
Banned

How are his shots missing??? Are most of them short, long or rolling out or what?
Old 09-03-2002, 06:55 PM   #108
Fidel
Diamond Member

Why aren´t we posting up Dirk? He once again settles for his jumper which is way off.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:57 PM   #109
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

too long, too short, the whole repertoire ...

actually those argentinos are flopping alot, and jumping like berzerks into the offensive rebounds, i am not sure if this is really according to all rules if you get the right refs ...
i mean, one thing if you go for a reb, but theres alot over-the-back and just in contact stuff ...
Old 09-03-2002, 06:59 PM   #110
Fidel
Diamond Member

yep definitly alot of over the back no calls.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:01 PM   #111
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

now HELL that´s goaltending ...
Old 09-03-2002, 07:03 PM   #112
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

another no call now CMON
Old 09-03-2002, 07:04 PM   #113
Fidel
Diamond Member

i really hope we play those assfaced motherfuckers again. fuck em.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:05 PM   #114
LakerMania

Under 2 minutes and Germany is down by 8. It's do or die Dirk.

Shaq
Old 09-03-2002, 07:07 PM   #115
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

and again NO TOUCH and yet the call for ginobili ... ridiculous ...
Old 09-03-2002, 07:08 PM   #116
LakerMania

Argentina wins. Damn they are good defensively.

Shaq
Old 09-03-2002, 07:10 PM   #117
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

well, that´s it ...

3rd position in our group might be best, likely facing Brazil or Puerto Rico and avoiding Spain and Yugoslavia ...
Old 09-03-2002, 07:11 PM   #118
Fidel
Diamond Member

Dirk was sleepwalking today. He was like 3 - 20 from the field.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:12 PM   #119
Fidel
Diamond Member

Yeah SJ,
I´m sure they lost intentionally [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2002, 07:13 PM   #120
Dirk77
Banned

it seems like Germany deserved to win tonight, the refs have been a joke against Germany all freakin championship!
Why aren't they posting dirk?