Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-28-2002, 10:20 PM   #81
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

they're calling adam's a 2, no?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2002, 10:20 PM   #82
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

ÜberDirk is on a distinguished road

no, it was a 2. about 17 feet
Old 12-28-2002, 10:21 PM   #83
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Raja enjoying like a child! yes....!
Old 12-28-2002, 10:22 PM   #84
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

MFF's prediction (100-88)is looking like the closest.....

Popeye se hace el chalupero...
Old 12-28-2002, 10:25 PM   #85
Chiwas
Guru

"if popeye scored the 100. would that be spinach chalupas"

-cin

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2002, 10:25 PM   #86
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

KiKi, I predicted 102-78. Hell 1st time I've been close, I always predict blowouts
Old 12-28-2002, 10:27 PM   #87
Chiwas
Guru

<< Popeye se hace el chalupero... >>

<< if popeye scored the 100. would that be spinach chalupas? >>

You both are synchronized...
Old 12-28-2002, 10:30 PM   #88
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

<< KiKi, I predicted 102-78. Hell 1st time I've been close, I always predict blowouts >>

Ah yes....totally overlooked yours. Good eye.

If you've been predicting blowouts lately you deserve some props....
Old 12-28-2002, 10:32 PM   #89
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Good win for the guys.

I liked the big 3 didn't log heavy minutes.

Bell, given minutes, produced out there with Griffin and Williams hurting.

LaFrentz, even though it was a lot of garbage minutes, had a nice showing. Maybe those couple dunks and sweet shooting will help him turn it around.

And for some reason, I'm happy that Harrington was able to play more than a minute in a blowout.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:32 PM   #90
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Too funny...

The New York Lottery sponsors a Player of the Game award.

Nowitzki tonight. LeBron James in June.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:37 PM   #91
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

uhm, murph, i´m sure you´re following all this quite close, would you mind showing us all the thread where UD COMPLAINED about nellie playing dirk in the end of a blowout game, just to see him contradict himself ... (you know, i´m a lazy guy ...)

btw - cheers for SB´s first quarter performance!
Old 12-28-2002, 10:49 PM   #92
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Shawn outdid himself,i think if he would have stayed on he would've gotten those 20 rebounds easily.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 10:49 PM   #93
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Shawn outdid himself,i think if he would have stayed on he would've gotten those 20 rebounds easily.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:03 AM   #94
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Comments on tonight....

Knicks didn't have a chance tonight, the mavs were on both offensively and defensively. The crowd was having a good time as well, lot's of painted faces.

Shawn was a monster in the first quarter, blocking almost everything and grabbing almost every rebound. Dirk/Steve couldn't be stopped. That was about it.

Raja played with a lot of fire. Dirk was passing out of the double-teams really well, if he keeps that up, he'll be getting some triple doubles for sure. The team seemed to be intent on getting raef some easy shots and it worked, a couple of stuffs from dirk and others. They seem to realise that they need to get him going.

Boy when Nick is playing like we expect Nick to play our second team is completely different. He's close to unstoppable when he's feeling on. Good defense tonight out of nick as well, he seems to be taking bobby jackson as a role model, can't help but help the mavs.

Finley is still pretty off with his three-point shot, some wide open ones missed. I also noticed however that the team didn't shoot 3's well but slacked off on taking them. That was nice. They average about 20/game, but only took 15 tonight. A pretty solid effort getting to the hoop, finley/dirk/steve did a nice jobe.

I felt for the knicks but too bad, they don't seem able to handle any kind of back-to-back and eisley looked completely lost out there, steve had him for lunch.

Nice, nice game.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:41 AM   #95
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting quotes and comments from the Knicks in the NYTimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 29, 2002
Knicks Are Outclassed and Outplayed in Dallas
By CHRIS BROUSSARD

ALLAS, Dec. 28 — Clarence Weatherspoon had done well, shaking free from the Dallas 7-footer Dirk Nowitzki with a pump fake that put him in position for a reverse layup. But as Weatherspoon eyed the rim, thinking he was in the clear, the Mavericks' 6-11 Raef LaFrentz slid over and stuffed his attempt.

The play, which occurred midway through the second quarter, was emblematic of the Knicks' experience tonight in a 107-82 loss to Dallas. If one of the Mavericks' three giants was not blocking a Knicks shot near the basket, he was changing its trajectory in the American Airlines Center.

Everything the Knicks' big men, some of whom gave up nearly a foot to Dallas's 7-6 Shawn Bradley, put up inside were hooks. That was the only way to keep shots from being blocked against the long and limber men who stood at the back of Dallas's zone defense.

&quot;It was hard because they're so big,&quot; said the 6-9 Othella Harrington, the Knicks' lone bright spot with 14 points and 10 rebounds. &quot;You had to try to get them moving just to get a shot off.&quot;

The Mavericks (25-4) did not build the league's best record on interior defense alone. The rest of their well-rounded game was peaking as well. Steve Nash and Nick Van Exel led a lethal fast break. Michael Finley and Nowitzki took advantage of every mismatch, and Dallas shut down the Knicks' offense to turn a lopsided game at halftime into an absolute drubbing in the third quarter.

Coach Don Chaney thought the Knicks might be able to build on their 99-83 victory over Houston on Friday; they had been able to nullify the Rockets' 7-6 Yao Ming.

But Dallas was simply too good. Even at their best, the Knicks (9-17) are not in the Mavericks' class, and after tonight's game they were willing to admit it.

&quot;That team is the best team in the league,&quot; Latrell Sprewell said. &quot;There's no question about it.&quot;

Because they played Friday night, the Knicks did not have their regular pregame shoot-around to prepare for Dallas's game plan, and Sprewell said that left them baffled by the Mavericks' free-flowing offense and suffocating zone defense.

&quot;We were totally unprepared for what they were doing offensively, and defensively; their zone caused us problems too,&quot; said Sprewell, who led the Knicks with 16 points. &quot;We just weren't ready. We didn't have time to prepare for this team. Even if we did, I don't know how much it would've helped.&quot;

The difference in the teams was noticeable immediately; Dallas built a 16-point lead in the first half and went ahead by as many as 28 in the second.

Nowitzki and Nash, both sitting out the entire fourth quarter, led the Mavericks with 19 points each. Bradley had 9 rebounds and 2 blocks and LaFrentz had 15 points and 2 blocks. Nowitzki also blocked a shot, and had 9 rebounds and 7 assists.

The Knicks, with practically no inside scoring, shot 35.2 percent.

In trying to move the Knicks to Dallas's level, Scott Layden, the team's president and general manager, has tried to acquire several of the Mavericks' players. Mark Cuban, the Mavericks' owner, said Layden had approached him about Van Exel and Bradley.

Last month, the Knicks tried to obtain Bradley for the $4.5 million medical exception they received for Antonio McDyess's season-ending knee injury. But Cuban said he gave no thought to parting with Bradley, who is having his best season; he is averaging 8 points, 8 rebounds and 2.9 blocks.

&quot;I was asked, but we wouldn't trade him,&quot; Cuban said. &quot;A lot of teams asked about him.&quot;

Cuban, whose energy and willingness to spend money on players and facilities has helped transform Dallas from an also-ran into a power, said he thought the Knicks had a bright future. He spoke highly of Layden, who he said had been tireless in seeking trades.

&quot;I think people just have to be patient,&quot; Cuban said. &quot;I think the Knicks are in great shape. They've got a good nucleus. They'll get McDyess back, and depending on how things go, they might have a decent draft pick. That's not a bad spot to be in.

&quot;Scott's been as active as anybody. He's smart, though. He doesn't leave a stone unturned, but he doesn't make a move just to make a move. In New York it takes the patience of Job to be able to build, and I give him a lot of credit for that.&quot;

It was evident tonight why the Knicks made inquiries about Bradley. He was a force in the paint, grabbing 8 rebounds, scoring 4 points and blocking 2 shots to lead Dallas to 22-10 lead after eight minutes.

&quot;He's big,&quot; Chaney said. &quot;When you think you have him beat, he's there. You can't see the basket. He's just huge. We had a couple of shots where we were looking for him. Instead of taking them right away, we were looking to see where he was. He presents a problem in there.&quot;

One the Knicks were ill-equipped to solve.
REBOUNDS
SHANDON ANDERSON left the game in the third quarter with a sore left Achilles' heel, but said he would play in Monday's home game against San Antonio. . . . MIKE SAUNDERS, the Knicks' trainer, missed the game to attend to his ailing father in Queens. It was the first game that Saunders, who is in his 25th season with the club, had missed in 10 years.

Copyright 2002 The New York Times Company | Permissions | Privacy Policy
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:57 AM   #96
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< And I already have little respect for Nellie as a coach. >>

I just love this. The team is 25-4 and you, &quot;have little respect for Nellie as a coach&quot;. What a crock. If nothing else, it shows how little you know about coaching and what your opinions are worth. However, I WILL defend to the death your right to be wrong and YOU'RE WRONG.
David is offline   Reply With Quote