Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

we're winning on the boards?!?

who's brian grant?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 09:44 PM   #83
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< YAAAAYYYYYY!!! I just realized I was a Platinum Member. YAAYYYYY!!!!!!!! Mavs have to win on the nite I become a platinum member. >>

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Congrats, FFM.
>>

(Takes BOW)

Thank you. Thank you.

My happiness has declined since I am now realizing that you are a Diamond Member and MFF is a Elite member. Yall have put me to shame.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 09:45 PM   #84
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< Eddie Fin? >>

When they rebound together like tonight, we'll just use this name and we'll be talking about the both of them.

Congrats FFM on making platinum level. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

On espn, they just showed Nelson's little blow up. It's so funny.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:46 PM   #85
DTL
Diamond Member

<< YAAAAYYYYYY!!! I just realized I was a Platinum Member. YAAYYYYY!!!!!!!! Mavs have to win on the nite I become a platinum member. >>

Congratulations!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:47 PM   #86
DTL
Diamond Member

we've shot more FTs, too. good game....except for the score, of course.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:48 PM   #87
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

It's embarrassing that we're playing down to there level like we do with the Nuggets.

Would like to see this game be put away here in the next 3-4 minutes.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:51 PM   #88
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Quick question, what position if Fin mainly playing tonight: sf or sg?

Old 03-07-2003, 09:52 PM   #89
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Dumb ass move. You go to Dirk when Grant has 5 fouls. Either you get Grant fouled out or Grant won't even defend Dirk because he is afraid of getting 6 fouls. They have got to see that kind of stuff just like when Sean Marks is on Fin.

1996-2005
Old 03-07-2003, 09:53 PM   #90
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Najera scores! At last.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:55 PM   #91
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Play has stop during the Celtics-Clippers game. The Celtics bench and fans directly behind it just started coughing and they've had to clear them from the bench area. Players were holding towels over their mouths/nose.

They have no idea what it was, but apparently it's cleared out. First, it was reported to be a stink bomb, but they are giving no answers right now.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:59 PM   #92
Chiwas
Guru

<< Play has stop during the Celtics-Clippers game. The Celtics bench and fans directly behind it just started coughing and they've had to clear them from the bench area. Players were holding towels over their mouths/nose.

They have no idea what it was, but apparently it's cleared out. First, it was reported to be a stink bomb, but they are giving no answers right now.
>>

A Wang's fart.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:01 PM   #93
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Makes me wonder what Fin could have ended up with if he could have had more shots? I'm glad he's not just jacking anything up though, but 13 shots? C'mon.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:04 PM   #94
Chiwas
Guru

<< Makes me wonder what Fin could have ended up with if he could have had more shots? I'm glad he's not just jacking anything up though, but 13 shots? C'mon. >>

It seems that they played for rebounding tonight.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:07 PM   #95
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Fin and Dirk with double-doubles tonight.

Fin, 15pts and 10rbs

Dirk, 21pts and 10rbs
Old 03-07-2003, 10:12 PM   #96
Chiwas
Guru

Oh, Najera [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 10:15 PM   #97
DTL
Diamond Member

drives me nuts when fin goes an entire game without getting any free throws.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:16 PM   #98
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

the mantis is one board away from a double-double. That would be somethingto have 3 especially for the mavs.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:17 PM   #99
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Must we always give up leads? It's irritating. I should be use to it, but I'm not.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:19 PM   #100
Chiwas
Guru

What a close game.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:21 PM   #101
Chiwas
Guru

I'm nervous.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:22 PM   #102
DTL
Diamond Member

a nail-biter win....against the heat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 10:24 PM   #103
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Mavs win! All we need is .500 ball through out and the mavs inprove again on their record. Wish the mantis would have got a dd but oh well.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:25 PM   #104
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< a nail-biter win....against the heat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] >>

Would u rather play to the level fo the Heat or lose to the Bulls 2 times straight? Lakers did it last season.

1996-2005
Old 03-07-2003, 10:26 PM   #105
DTL
Diamond Member

was this another &quot;playoff&quot; type of game?
Old 03-07-2003, 10:27 PM   #106
DTL
Diamond Member

<<

<< a nail-biter win....against the heat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] >>

Would u rather play to the level fo the Heat or lose to the Bulls 2 times straight? Lakers did it last season.
>>

i want to see the Mavs do what the Lakers did last year in the postseason.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:30 PM   #107
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<<

>>

i want to see the Mavs do what the Lakers did last year in the postseason.
>>

You nor I know what the Mavs are going to be doing this post season. For all we know they could be future champions or future first round exits. Being that Kings have 19 losses and Spurs have over 20 losses that means that they all have loss to opponents they are suppose to kill. We get spoiled because Mavs actually beats there lesser opponents.

1996-2005
Old 03-07-2003, 10:31 PM   #108
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

<< was this another &quot;playoff&quot; type of game? >>

I think it was just a case of the Heat having 2 players (Butler's) playing well, and the 2 fouls on 3 point shots that hurt us in the end. Good things to take from this game - Mavs go up 4.5 on both SA &amp; Sacto, they outrebounded Miami by double digits 49-37. Tomorrow will be a &quot;playoff&quot; type game w/Utah most likely.
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:32 PM   #109
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

The Mavs got burned by the officials tonight. It was worse tonight than it has been in a long time. Awful calls. That call on Finley was unbelievable. You could see it really frustrated Fin. He was just standing there. They need to fine that ref.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:38 PM   #110
MavsFanFinley
Guru

<< The Mavs got burned by the officials tonight. It was worse tonight than it has been in a long time. Awful calls. That call on Finley was unbelievable. You could see it really frustrated Fin. He was just standing there. They need to fine that ref. >>

Could you explain? I got a phone call and missed the last 2 minutes of the game.

I like that the Mavs can win these close games, but I like it more when we have a comfy lead.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:43 PM   #111
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< The Mavs got burned by the officials tonight. It was worse tonight than it has been in a long time. Awful calls. That call on Finley was unbelievable. You could see it really frustrated Fin. He was just standing there. They need to fine that ref. >>

Could you explain? I got a phone call and missed the last 2 minutes of the game.

I like that the Mavs can win these close games, but I like it more when we have a comfy lead.
>>

That really was a stupid call. After the game Fin and I believe it was Moncreif were talking to the ref about it. I know it was about that play because Fin was standing the same way he was in that play. He basically stood there with his hands up. Anyway though it was a close game you have to love Fin and Dirk having double doubles tonight. Nash didn't have much assists but he led us to victory tonight. It's been awhile since he has done it.

1996-2005
Old 03-07-2003, 10:43 PM   #112
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Mavs were up 4 and Miami was trying for a desperation 3. Fin was guarding and just stood strait with his arms strait up. Heat player jumped into Fin who was just standing there. They called a 3 free throw foul on Fin in a crucial time of the game. BS call and it almost cost us the game.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:46 PM   #113
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Ok, thank you for the explanations.

I'll have to catch the highlights on Sportscenter or NBA2Nite to have a look for myself.

I hate calls like that when it can decide a game.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:46 PM   #114
Bookit
Diamond Member

I got a phone call and missed the last 2 minutes of the game.

Geez, I wouldn't have answered the phone. Maybe you should get Tivo.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2003, 10:51 PM   #115
MavsFanFinley
Guru

<< Geez, I wouldn't have answered the phone. >>

Yeah, I know. It was a close call, but since I was expecting it, I couldn't ignore it. But, he got an earful from me for the timing. He was supposed to call like an hour ago. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 10:55 PM   #116
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

A miraculouis recovery from a sudden illness this afternoon allowed me to make it to the Mavs watching party tonight. Just wished we hadn't picked so ugly of a game for the party. The way we play against Miami reminds me of Fred Sandford's description of his sisterinlaw Esther, UGLY!!!.

Just glad we won the game. I was shocked, but very pleasantly so, that Nellie had Bradley and Najera in for the final minutes.

I'm real concerned though with our inability to close out games strong. We almost allowed Miami to send this into overtime when they should never have gotten close. IMO the spread offense that we use in clutch time is a total disaster. It prevents us from scoring or getting the offensive rebound and makes it easier for our opponents to fast break on us. This is really the coaches call, and Nellie needs to put this offensive set in the trash heap where it belongs.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:59 PM   #117
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Finley (41) 6-17, 3-7, 15pts, 11rbs, 4as, 1to, 2stl, 1blk

Dirk (41) 8-22, 2-6, 3-3, 21pts, 10rbs, 4as, 1to, 1stl

Nash (33) 5-11, 1-2, 11-12, 22pts, 4rbs, 5as, 3to, 1stl

Najera (32) 1-6, 2pts, 8rbs, 3as, 2stl

Bradley (22) 6-8, 1-1, 13pts, 9rbs, 1stl

Raef (27) 5-9, 10pts, 3rbs, 2blks

NVE (12) 1-5, 1-2, 3pts, 1as, 3to
Old 03-07-2003, 11:07 PM   #118
Bookit
Diamond Member

Nellie really didn't have too much confidence in NVE tonight did he? Nick is in a slump again. The offense came to a grinding halt everytime he was in the game. I am not bashing NVE!!! I am just commenting of what I observed.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:17 PM   #119
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah he was horrible. 1-5 with 3 to's. yuck. And some of them were just stupid and looked like he didn't care.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 11:33 PM   #120
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I just saw a replay of that Finley foul. What a load of.....

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote