Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-03-2003, 10:06 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< Chiwas,I did think of you as soon as I saw that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

Yeah, they matched our hometowns; well, 60 miles is almost the same town.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:07 PM   #2
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

60 miles is nothing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I cannot believe tall ball is looking so tentative and sleepy too.Good shot by Tariq! I hope he drops 30 on them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 10:08 PM   #3
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

It's not that we're not trying on boards, but we aren't getting a lot of them, are we?

Nice little move by Nick to make sure we got the fast break basket.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:08 PM   #4
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

That was a good one, ames![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 10:10 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

<< Thanks for the picture Chiwas. But, could you move Shaq's fat a$$ out of the way? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

It's impossible, he covers all pix even if he's in the other end of the court.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:10 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I'm liking what I see from the Mavs tonight.

I was excited before the game started, but that's gone down quite a bit after that first quarter.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:11 PM   #7
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

We're gonna need a healthy dose of Nash in this game to win. Dirk can't do it all and the subs aren't doing much for whatever reason. NVE is becoming a bit more agressive and that is a good sign. BTW, anybody else get nervous when Raef touches the ball?
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:14 PM   #8
DwD

Tariq so far seems to be the only one on the bench to be contributing anything - this way we are in for a blow-out.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #9
ariosto

ariosto is on a distinguished road

I actually like the idea of going small when Shaq's sitting.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #10
ariosto

Nice! Two offensive boards in a row by Tariq!
Old 04-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #11
DwD

Najera for 2!!! we are within 2 now.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #12
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Oooh, TAW is winning me over. No one else is quite rebounding well.

SmallBall + Eddie &amp; TAW = ??? This could be interesting.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #13
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Najera scores! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Geaux Eddie Geaux!!!
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:18 PM   #14
DwD

Ames,I am liking TAW too - he has been doing a pretty good job so far.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:18 PM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

<< Najera scores! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Geaux Eddie Geaux!!!
>>

Please, no dirty words here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 10:18 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< We're gonna need a healthy dose of Nash in this game to win. Dirk can't do it all and the subs aren't doing much for whatever reason. NVE is becoming a bit more agressive and that is a good sign. BTW, anybody else get nervous when Raef touches the ball? >>

I'm suprsied Nick didn't take that 3 quicker but he is playing good ball he needs to be less tentative though. I'm not nervous when Raef touches it I am nervous when he shoots it. I do not trust his shot. I'm use to high arch shots by Nick, Dirk and Nash. WHen Raef hits a jumper it is so flat you can't tell if it is going in or not.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:21 PM   #17
ames7
Diamond Member

Our PGs are not having much luck, are they? TAW is looking awesome though.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:21 PM   #18
ariosto

I like the substitutions so far. Shaq comes in, so does Shawn. We're not trying any funny stuff.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:22 PM   #19
DwD

we need to shoot a lot better
Old 04-03-2003, 10:23 PM   #20
DwD

Nash for 3!!! and Nowitzki for 2 and a foul!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 10:23 PM   #21
ames7
Diamond Member

I *heart* our transition game.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:24 PM   #22
DwD

Please don't let Fisher be the new Maverick killer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 10:26 PM   #23
ames7
Diamond Member

Do you get the feeling they spent so much time figuring out how to defend Shaq, they forgot about Fox &amp; Fisher &amp; everyone else?

Nick is starting to get into it.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:26 PM   #24
DwD

I heart TAW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 10:27 PM   #25
DwD

I agree, ames - it almost looks like we forgot there are other people playing for the Lakers apart from Kobe and Shaq
Old 04-03-2003, 10:27 PM   #26
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Cram it down their throats, Nick!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 10:28 PM   #27
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

Some sweet offensive moves during this game on both sides. Where in the world did that Horry dunk come from? Nash is looking good from 3 and Nick is just faking everyone out of their nike's.
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:29 PM   #28
ames7
Diamond Member

Nick the Laker-killer has arrived at the arena. Good thing b/c Nash is having issues in the paint.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:31 PM   #29
DwD

I hope Nick continues to shoot the lights out - now, if only Nash or Nowitzki took off, watch out LA!
Old 04-03-2003, 10:31 PM   #30
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I try not to get excited, but I can't help it. I HOPE TAW's knee holds up. So far, so good.

Seriously, he's been nothing but solid. Doing the things we need him to like rebound and defend. He's really been a boost late in the season.

<< Do you get the feeling they spent so much time figuring out how to defend Shaq, they forgot about Fox &amp; Fisher &amp; everyone else? >>

That's what bums me. I'd rather they let Shaq dunk everytime then let guys like Fisher, Fox and others thump us.

And I love that Griffin manages to keep Kobe quiet.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:34 PM   #31
DwD

You are right on all points, MFF - TAW is doing really good and Griffin is keeping Kobe down. Now,if we only took off offensively.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #32
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I'm nervous about Dirk's finger. I wonder why he didn't want it taped?? Other than the layup and foul, he's missed 3-4 jump shots.

A sprained finger has got to hurt, and that's not mention the other hits Dirk's taken tonight. Like that shot to the chin/jaw he took from Madsen??
Old 04-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #33
ames7
Diamond Member

<< I'd rather they let Shaq dunk everytime then let guys like Fisher, Fox and others thump us. >>

Yes, &amp; the thing is: it's not as if they are actually stopping him. He's still scoring + drawing the foul. At least stop the other guys.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #34
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I try not to get excited, but I can't help it. I HOPE TAW's knee holds up. So far, so good.

No kidding. If TAW's knee holds up this might be huge for the Mavs. I remember when Najera played like TAW is playing. Najera will likely heal up after a summer of rest.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:36 PM   #35
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I don't think the Mavs are playing their best tonight, but I haven't seen anything out of the Lakers that puts fear in my heart.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:42 PM   #36
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I hate Derek Fisher.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:42 PM   #37
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I didn't see it posted, but I'm nervous about the Mavs having placed Fin on the IL. So, we know he'll be out 4 more games after tonight.

I mean, it's nice to have an extra body out there even if it is Popeye, but this injury must be worst than they've let on.

Assuming he'll be ready to go after coming off the IL, he'll only have, what, 2 games to shake the rust before the playoffs start.

Old 04-03-2003, 10:45 PM   #38
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

Mavs cannot let Fischer beat them. The guy is not that great, but he can be when left wide open. I don't like the zone in which Griff comes off Kobe. The perimeter guys should just stick to their man and if someone is going to double Shaq, let it be whoever is guarding Madsen.
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:48 PM   #39
DwD

atleast there is some honor in being beaten by Shaq or Kobe - Fisher? Eeek!
Old 04-03-2003, 10:50 PM   #40
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Eddie (11) 1-1, 2-2, 4pts, 1rb, 1as

Dirk (24) 5-12, 0-2, 3-3, 13pts, 9rbs, 1as, 1stl

Raef (19) 2-6, 1-3, 5pts, 1rb, 1to, 2stl, 1blk

Griffin (13) 1-3, 0-1, 2pts, 1rb

Nash (18) 3-8, 2-3, 8pts, 4as, 1to, 1stl

NVE (18) 5-10, 1-3, 2-2, 13pts, 1rb, 4as, 2to, 1stl

TAW (11) 2-2, 4pts, 4rbs, 1as, 2stl

Bradley (6) 0-3, 1rb, 1stl, 1blk

Outrebounded, 26-17. Good thing is we're tied with 7 ft's each, so at least, that isn't out of hand.

KEEP Griffin on Kobe in the 2nd half, we can't afford for him to go off. And let Shaq have his way. Stop letting Fisher and others keep draining the open shots. Sheesh!!

Once again, TAW is having a good showing in limited minutes.

Seriously, must get going on the boards.