Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #1161
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Lee needs to pick up the pace in wins if he's going to win anything.

As for Francisco, I wouldn't say he's been one of the better relievers in the game. Hell, he's only top 4 or 5 right now on the Rangers team. He's clearly behind O'Day... most would put him behind Oliver even though he has struggled of late. Ogando definitely has pitched better than Francisco since coming up. So, would you put Francisco ahead of or behind Feliz? Most would definitely put Feliz ahed of Francisco.

I wouldn't say that Francisco has been one of the better relievers in the AL. He's been good, but there's a large number of relievers in the AL that have been better.
there are 7-8 relievers per team, 14 teams in the al. that comes out to 98-112 relievers in the AL not counting replacements. Can you name 25 better than him? If not id say he qualifies as one of the better relievers. Also going into the yankees series he was 4th in the al in xfip among relief pitchers.

A case could be made for him being the best rangers reliever(though to be fair i wouldnt make it, i personally have him 4th.)

As for the wins argument, Greinke and lincecum had a combined 31 wins last year and won both cy youngs. Wins just arent an important stat and everyone has finally figured that out.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #1162
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think Lee sucked in the 8th....he got a fly-ball to right, a pop-up, and then two slow-rolling grounders....that's four up and four down by my count.

Also, I noticed in the recap of the game that the Ray's had 18k in attendance last night. WTMF? A super duper first rate pitching match up between two top tier teams in 72 degree indoor comfort and they barely fill up half of the stadium?!?!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #1163
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I didn't think Lee sucked in the 8th....he got a fly-ball to right, a pop-up, and then two slow-rolling grounders....that's four up and four down by my count.

Also, I noticed in the recap of the game that the Ray's had 18k in attendance last night. WTMF? A super duper first rate pitching match up between two top tier teams in 72 degree indoor comfort and they barely fill up half of the stadium?!?!
Well I didn't say he sucked in the 8th, but he did give up some hits. Yes, if Arias wasn't such a complete defensive tool he gets out of that inning likely unscathed, but he still wasn't making bats miss or hitting his spot for the called strike 3 after getting to 2 strikes like he had throughout the game.

Regarding the Rays' stadium and their attendance, yeah, I thought the same thing watching it on TV. The fans that were there were loud and proud with those annoying bells though.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #1164
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Bleh.

Come back soon Kins and Cruz and MY.

I'm ready for some babyface tomorrow. Its been way too long.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #1165
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Getting badly out-pitched.

Ah, it's starting to feel like summer.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:53 AM   #1166
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Getting badly out-pitched.

Ah, it's starting to feel like summer.
Flac,

Please go away making sure to never enter this thread again. Let me say this in a way that will help you appreciate the ongoing negativity you all too often bring with most every post. You are to the Texas Rangers 2010 Season thread as the recorded tapes are to Mel Gibson's career. You (despite your mod status, number of posts, overall intelligence, etc) are simply a beating that is a cut above the rest so please (PLEASE!) invade some other thread and poo there from here on out (did I mention please?).

Regarding this loss and this series. It is simply tough to win against one of the better MLB teams with a AAA roster. Flac - that would have been a good and fair post from you, but of course it is hard to be "glass-half-full" OR "glass-half-empty" when you don't even believe there is a table to sit the glass on, much less a glass.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #1167
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

I guess the law of averages are finally catching up with Hunter, hopefully its not mental...Garza looked amazing tonite for the Rays

Hopefully the freakin offense wakes up to give Holland some run support tonite

Nelly, Ian, and Micheal please please hurry back

Last edited by Mav Addict; 08-18-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #1168
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
Flac,

Please go away making sure to never enter this thread again. Let me say this in a way that will help you appreciate the ongoing negativity you all too often bring with most every post. You are to the Texas Rangers 2010 Season thread as the recorded tapes are to Mel Gibson's career. You (despite your mod status, number of posts, overall intelligence, etc) are simply a beating that is a cut above the rest so please (PLEASE!) invade some other thread and poo there from here on out (did I mention please?).

Regarding this loss and this series. It is simply tough to win against one of the better MLB teams with a AAA roster. Flac - that would have been a good and fair post from you, but of course it is hard to be "glass-half-full" OR "glass-half-empty" when you don't even believe there is a table to sit the glass on, much less a glass.
I want you to know that I did read this, even though I won't really be responding.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #1169
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Actually, you want to hear something positive?

The Rays are currently giving me a small ray of hope that there's a chance the Yankees will not win the world series this year. And that's a big positive in my book.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #1170
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

We look like the Bad News Bears out there!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #1171
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Texas just needs to get healthy and HOT in October, and the championship is theirs.

Of course -- a few other teams can say that as well.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #1172
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Actually, you want to hear something positive?

The Rays are currently giving me a small ray of hope that there's a chance the Yankees will not win the world series this year. And that's a big positive in my book.
guhgreed. if they were in the NL, they'd be my "NL Team". that's how you build a baseball team.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #1173
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So we're just going to ignore it altogether if they suck?

Look, I'll keep my mouth shut to a certain extent but you baseball folks should keep the conversation going to amuse me in the mean time
Old 08-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #1174
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Look, I'll keep my mouth shut to a certain extent but you baseball folks should keep the conversation going to amuse me in the mean time
I for one will support your right to say just about anything you want anytime they lose to the Orioles (for seemingly the 50th time this season).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:40 PM   #1175
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

We are officially in a slump

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #1176
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

When Kinsler and Cruz are out, this is a very mediocre lineup. When Guerrero is playing like he's 100 again (although he showed some signs of life last night) and Josh is inevitably regressing just a tiny bit...well it's a horrific lineup.

The division is basically locked up. They've lost almost no ground during this slump. Just need to get everyone back and healthy. It's a long season and stretches like this happen for everyone.

Better?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-20-2010 at 06:56 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #1177
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

What's the timetable on Kinsler and Cruz, anyway?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #1178
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Early in the year, when Kinsler was out and Josh was sucking, Nellie was crushing everything. Then when he went down, Kinsler was pretty much back and Vlad was crushing everything. Shortly after, Josh started crushing everything and we went 21-6 in June.

Only in the last week has Josh "cooled off," but at the same time we've had Vlad slump, Kinsler down, Cruz down. He was carrying us, to better than .500 by himself. This is the first time all year that we've had - simultaneously - key injuries to important bats AND nobody going totally bananas at the plate carrying us to compensate.

Just need to get everybody healthy within the next couple of weeks, and enough of them will produce that it'll be okay.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #1179
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Murph is cooling off too, no? Man, the wheels are shooting off this thing!!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #1180
LonghornDub

Hey, we finally beat the Orioles. Go crazy Rangers fans!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #1181
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

W00t!

Though, I hate east coast games. Who has time to watch sports that early? Job, wife, kid, dinner...Too early. I love west coast road swings. (And please don't say DVR to me. Watching sports must be done live.)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #1182
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Christopher John Wilson has just earned a free fist bump the next time he sees me. You'd be surprised how much my fist bumps go for on ebay.

I remember a month ago I keep thinking he needed to be skipped in the rotation for a start because he kept walking people and throwing a ton of pitches, and since he was a bullpen guy last year, he already had way more innings than he did last year. I still worry that his arm is going to give out when we need it most in a month, because he's already thrown 80 more innings, but he is pitching way, way too well for that to be the case anymore. His last two games? 16.1 innings pitched, 7 hits, 1 run, 2 BB, 20 K's.

Helluva catch by Borbon, too, in the 8th. It wasn't as good as the catch at the wall by Hambone, but that's the one I can think of that's better for the Rangers.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #1183
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
W00t!

Though, I hate east coast games. Who has time to watch sports that early? Job, wife, kid, dinner...Too early. I love west coast road swings. (And please don't say DVR to me. Watching sports must be done live.)
I feel like we agree on a lot of things, but I hate you for this. West Coast road trips are the bane of my existence. And there's nothing wrong with delaying a sporting event an hour or two and then burning through the commercials. And it's the only way to watch football.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 08-20-2010, 10:51 PM   #1184
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I feel like we agree on a lot of things, but I hate you for this. West Coast road trips are the bane of my existence. And there's nothing wrong with delaying a sporting event an hour or two and then burning through the commercials. And it's the only way to watch football.
Football you have to DVR? Really?

I can watch a NFL preseason game with commercials on live from start to finish (exaggeration, but not too far off), but I can't stand watching baseball without some delay, even if its a marquee Ranger game. I love the Rangers, but baseball can really bore me sometimes, especially when the Rangers are losing. There's just too many games to invest 3 hours each night watching them.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #1185
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Wow.

We're all so different, aren't we?

I guess I am just so...I don't know...plugged in...I have to watch a sporting even with my message board of choice, my twitter feed...Sports is such an interactive thing now. I can't stand the thought of watching a sporting event two hours after the fact. It feels...like a sham to me.

Every other kind of tv programming? I am totally in. I love the DVR. Fast forward like crazy...not sports though. I have some kind of weird obsession with it being live.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #1186
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh, and football?

Football you have to watch live too. If only for the FF implications of the 3-5 league's I'm in. Factor in channel surfing, the red zone channel and the NFL network, and how can you be behind on anything?

I think I may have an information consumption problem.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #1187
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

"That's just the way your ugly ass uniform go"
Old 08-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #1188
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Oh, and football?

Football you have to watch live too. If only for the FF implications of the 3-5 league's I'm in. Factor in channel surfing, the red zone channel and the NFL network, and how can you be behind on anything?

I think I may have an information consumption problem.
Well, I guess I should say Cowboy games. If I'm watching a Cowboy game I'm locked in, so I'm not worrying about that other stuff.

Now, any other football game..yeah. I'm watching all my fantasy teams and flipping around to all kinds of stuff.

And I like watching Twitter/game day threads for Rangers and Mavs games at times, but most of the time I just like to settle in a ways into it and burn through commercials. I just don't have the time to commit to commercials.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #1189
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to be live on Cowboys games. Well, I can be a half hour behind or so at the start of the game, but I need to be caught up by the 4th.

As for baseball.. I prefer live, but it's a difficult thing for all 162. I record all Cowboys and Rangers game regardless of whether or not I'm watching them live. Well, the same goes for the Mavs.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #1190
chumdawg
Guru

I agree with Flaco 100%. Skipping forward in time dramatically changes the watching experience for me. Your head can't be fully in the game if you aren't experiencing it in real time. You need time to absorb what has happened and consider what might happen next, just as the players and teams do.

Last edited by chumdawg; 08-21-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #1191
tcat075
Diamond Member

Baseball sucks.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #1192
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I agree with Flaco 100%. Skipping forward in time dramatically changes the watching experience for me. Your head can't be fully in the game if you aren't experiencing it in real time. You need time to absorb what has happened and consider what might happen next, just as the players and teams do.
Sure, there's nothing wrong with being able to skip through a few commercials though. That's why I don't mind being just a little behind when starting a football game.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #1193
LonghornDub

I think we should recognize a distinction between watching an entire game once it's already over (or close), versus coming in maybe 30-60 minutes late and being able to fast forward through commercials for awhile until you reach the live broadcast.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #1194
LonghornDub

Rally cap on.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #1195
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

I hate the Orioles.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #1196
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #1197
tcat075
Diamond Member

Eh. Sucky game, but I'm over it. If the Angels or A's were capable of being capable, then I would be a lot more pissed, but with the lead we have, I'd rather focus on the good stuff from this game. The offense finally scored some runs, with Young and Hamilton being in the center of things (and Vlad wasn't bad either, though that last abat swinging through a pitch right down the middle...just ugh). Hambone's micro slump was clearly just the baseball gods deciding he's got to powerful, but he's adjusted to them hating on him now and he's good to go. If Young can get hot in front of him and be a .300 hitter in a week as we've seen him do before...watch out. It'd be baseball's first two man game.

And I like me some Mitch Moreland. Too bad he's the only alliterative prospect to pan out...Blake Beaven went away, Kasey Kiker's command is MIA, Michael Main went away (f you Tom Hicks, you freeloading whore...I mean horse (greatest line from Josh Lewin ever)), Taylor Teagarden has been a huge "meh" until two weeks ago, Brandon Boggs has been a huge "meh" since two weeks ago (more like 5 days but whatever). Robbie Ross looks pretty legit, though, but I'm scared that the alliterative curse will indeed strike down upon him too.

Last edited by tcat075; 08-21-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:54 AM   #1198
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I agree with Flaco 100%.
Wait.... what?
Old 08-22-2010, 01:50 AM   #1199
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

The only team I'm worried about right now is Minnesota. The rest of the AL West sucks *&^%, so they don't matter right now. Our upcoming series with the Twins this next week is more important than any division series we have left.

Last edited by mavspwnage; 08-22-2010 at 01:51 AM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #1200
LonghornDub

It's pretty hilarious that the Rangers have been completely sucking as of late, and yet they are 8.0 games up on both the Angels and the A's with less than 40 to play.

Tags
americas sucktime, blindhomerparade, cadban knows dick, feldman=failman, flaco=ultimate pessimist, fluffy blows so harden, magic # = 0, playoff bound