Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Will we make a deadline trade?
No 73 41.24%
Yes, for Kevin Martin 11 6.21%
Yes, for Iggy 22 12.43%
Yes, for Stephen Jackson 12 6.78%
Yes, for Crash 1 0.56%
Yes, for a backup 4 3 1.69%
Yes, for a backup PG 4 2.26%
Yes, for Lebron 20 11.30%
Yes, for more than one player above 4 2.26%
Yes, for other player(s) 27 15.25%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #1161
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

There is not much going from an expiring talent situation. Reducing to guys who are in Butler's contract's range, say 10M+, the suspects include:

Prince
Carmelo
Jamal Crawford
Zack Randolph
Sam Dalembert
AK-47

Everybody else would require us taking on more contract/players and including more players. If we're going the Butler route, I'd like to see if AK is reachable though we would have to package D-Steve.

Otherwise, I like the idea of using one of our 3Mish TEs to get #15.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #1162
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
There is not much going from an expiring talent situation. Reducing to guys who are in Butler's contract's range, say 10M+, the suspects include:

Prince
Carmelo
Jamal Crawford
Zack Randolph
Sam Dalembert
AK-47

Everybody else would require us taking on more contract/players and including more players. If we're going the Butler route, I'd like to see if AK is reachable though we would have to package D-Steve.

Otherwise, I like the idea of using one of our 3Mish TEs to get #15.
Haven't heard anything in terms of Z-Bo or AK-47...heard a little nibble on Crawford but I think that was just through their standard calls around the league just to see what was out there.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #1163
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

There's just one thing I'm a little unclear on. How does mavs777 feel about Tayshaun Prince as an option. It's like everybody else has chimed in on that, but mavs777 has just been so tight-lipped, even though I'm sure he has an opinion on the matter that is complex, detailed and nuanced. You know, the kind of semi-pro message board gold that he couldn't possibly be expected to squeeze into just one or two posts and then leave well enough alone so that the rest of us don't have to read the same tired old crap over and over. I mean, I bet he could just write reams of really insightful stuff about Prince that everyone here would really appreciate reading again, and again, and again, and again...
Old 02-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #1164
JET_31

JET_31 is on a distinguished road

mavs don't need any ex pistons fodder..i'd go after stephen jackson, iggy, melo, etc first..that's what it is going to take in order to contend with Miami, Boston, and LA
JET_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #1165
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET_31 View Post
mavs don't need any ex pistons fodder..i'd go after stephen jackson, iggy, melo, etc first..that's what it is going to take in order to contend with Miami, Boston, and LA
hmmmm
Old 02-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #1166
BGMaverick9
Guru

Still have a chance to catch Stein on Ben and Skin but this is what he's covered so far

-Believes in the validity of the LAL/DEN talks but doesn't believe LAL will trade Bynum. Their strength is their size, so trading Bynum doesn't fit.

- Stein is doubtful the Mavs can get in the Melodrama. Houston can trump what the Mavs can offer. And there is a sense of bad blood lingering between Denver and Dallas based on all of the drama during the past playoff series. It could be a hindrance in a deal, not the major factor but a factor.

- Stein feels Mavs have had their fill on taking on expensive gambles. Not convinced that SJax can fit. Tayshaun Prince still feels like a fit but DET wants to keep Prince and unload Hamilton.

-Team is hopeful Roddy and Peja can fill the void of losing Butler.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #1167
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Not too much of a surprise with the Mavs stance, don't give up the ship yet, we still have parts yet to float our boat.

Been hearing different stances on the Melo thing, Denver's upping the ante for Melo, especially to a place that can keep him long term. Denver wants 2 of Chandler, Fields or Gallanari. Lakers not sure about giving up on Bynum, but the thought of continuing the line after Kobe with Melo is tempting.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #1168
BGMaverick9
Guru

- The bad summer league was a red flag for Roddy. Stein doesn't want to give the benefit of the doubt due to playing out of position. Stein thinks that Roddy was disinterested going to the summer league to play. There is no substantial proof of the disinterest but it is a feeling, according to Stein. It could be that there is still a believe that there is a culture-gap and Roddy always looks too cool for school and this instance COULD lead to that look of disinterest.

- Stein said they need a weak-side threat and a player who can get into the paint. Roddy is more equipped than anyone else on the team to get into the paint. Essentially, Beaubois can do what Barea is doing at a much greater rate.

- "Not a great shot" for Mavs to get Nash. Nash is close to Kidd and Dirk so it could work. "No indication" that they are close to coming to any kind of deal. Kidd and Nash get along great, maybe not as great as Dirk and Nash but it's quite up there.

- "Tyson Chandler is the difference."
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #1169
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
- Stein said they need a weak-side threat and a player who can get into the paint. Roddy is more equipped than anyone else on the team to get into the paint. Essentially, Beaubois can do what Barea is doing at a much greater rate.
This is where I can see Roddy cutting into some of Barea's minutes... Although I could see both of them on the court at the same time, or maybe even a 3-guard lineup of Kidd/Roddy/Barea if we're desperate for penetration against a smaller, quicker lineup.

Quote:
- "Not a great shot" for Mavs to get Nash. Nash is close to Kidd and Dirk so it could work. "No indication" that they are close to coming to any kind of deal. Kidd and Nash get along great, maybe not as great as Dirk and Nash but it's quite up there.
Since I'm snowed-in, bored and my imagination is wandering: Butler/Roddy+ for Nash/Hill...

Guards: Kidd, Nash, JET, Barea, Stevenson
Forwards: Dirk, Hill, Marion, Peja, Cardinal
Centers: Chandler, Haywood, Mahinmi

I don't care how old that team is, we'd have enough depth to spread around the minutes for those old knees and enough talent to scare every team in the NBA - this would be the ultimate win-now move...

(I haven't even started drinking yet!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #1170
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
This is where I can see Roddy cutting into some of Barea's minutes... Although I could see both of them on the court at the same time, or maybe even a 3-guard lineup of Kidd/Roddy/Barea if we're desperate for penetration against a smaller, quicker lineup.

Since I'm snowed-in, bored and my imagination is wandering: Butler/Roddy+ for Nash/Hill...

Guards: Kidd, Nash, JET, Barea, Stevenson
Forwards: Dirk, Hill, Marion, Peja, Cardinal
Centers: Chandler, Haywood, Mahinmi

I don't care how old that team is, we'd have enough depth to spread around the minutes for those old knees and enough talent to scare every team in the NBA - this would be the ultimate win-now move...

(I haven't even started drinking yet!)
Always had the belief that I don't care if you get older, just get better. You can manage things over the course of the regular season to reduce wear and tear, teams over the season have shown it is possible. The Mavs even did that this year before injuries started to pile up, so it is possible. It's been mentioned on the board over the past couple of days, I think the Mavs have to take Chilly as well to make the deal work and I don't think the Mavs are willing to do that.

Your 3GL idea caters to what I've suggested. Jet is the one, I think, who gets minutes reduced in the process of Roddy coming back. Stevenson will get some reduction as well but I think Jet, from a impact perspective, is hurt the most. Stevenson can still start and set the tone to start games and possibly halves.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-09-2011 at 01:24 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #1171
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Where I see age issues coming to bear (strangely enough the lack of age also comes to bear here) is late in games where fatigue catches up to everyone.

Young-uns still have it in the tank to go get it done so you need 'em.
Young-uns also screw up so much that the vets can make up for it.

Damned if you do, damne if you don't. It's nice for the younguns to have specific skill sets that you can use instead of letting them make many decisions.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #1172
BGMaverick9
Guru

Funny spoof video of a Mavs trade via SportsDome Video: Mavs acquire Shaq for parts http://dlvr.it/GBM6R
Old 02-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #1173
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

sixers have been playing very well of late

Last edited by mavs777; 02-11-2011 at 07:56 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #1174
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

the only trade we need to make is the trade to dump Haywood.
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:22 AM   #1175
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
the only trade we need to make is the trade to dump Haywood.
Not really. Even though Haywood had been under achieving, I still see him as a vital part of the rotation. I'm almost sure once the playoffs come around, he will get his head straight and be a good contributor. He will be motivated and be given a few more minutes come playoff time, at least that's what I think.

He has the talent to be a great big man, it's just up to him to use it, and in the playoffs I'm sure he will.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 02-12-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #1176
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

You don't trade Haywood until Chandler signs on the dotted line!
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #1177
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Very True!!
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #1178
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Deron booed in Utah. Bring him here!
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #1179
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

In the playoffs and the home stretch leading in, Chandler needs to play more minutes. Haywood will be a perfect backup at 10-15min. Throw in Mahinmi when Haywood is hurting you and you have a very solid center rotation. I want to keep that.

We have seen JJB do well in the playoffs in recent years.. not so much out from Terry. There is a problem having two players as small as Roddy and JJB out there, but they are so valuable to us when they get in the paint. As much as I love Terry for his personality (and think that our team would suffer greatly from losing him because of this/chemisty), it has become more of a gamble to put him out there. You never know when he is going to perform well. Then you throw in the defense that Stevenson gives.. this rotation is about to become much harder to deal with coming up. I worry about how this will be handled, but I have to assume coach as a plan and is much smarter than me in regards to this.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #1180
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Jets issue to me is always defensively. He just has such lapses there. As far as playmaking this has been his best year in a while. I think it's because of the nice spacing and the way marion/chandler move towards the basket for him versus dirks typical pop... It's given him more opportunities.

His assists are up after dropping off the last few years. He seems to have developed a pretty nice little floater in there and he's really hitting his fts these days.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #1181
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
In the playoffs and the home stretch leading in, Chandler needs to play more minutes. Haywood will be a perfect backup at 10-15min. Throw in Mahinmi when Haywood is hurting you and you have a very solid center rotation. I want to keep that.
mahimi is a better player than Haywood. He should be receiving those backup minutes, which is all the more reason to trade Haywood now
Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #1182
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think they will go with Peja + Roddys return and the slightly hope to see Butler in the playoffs...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #1183
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Starting caliber or not ... we need another SF to avoid the three guards or Stevenson at the 3. D-Steve is done anyway. He had his run early in the season but with the recent performances Roddy will eat up his minutes in no time.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:32 AM   #1184
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

I'm a little bit concerned about our defense. Butler is out and was replaced by Peja. Stevenson will probably be out of the rotation due to his shooting (under 30% over the last 15 games) and be replaced by Roddy. That's good for our offense, but it's not good defensively. We had a very good thing going on offensively and defensively at the 2 and the 3 with the combinations of Butler/Stevenson and Marion/Terry. Right now, it looks like we're shifting back towards offense again. It's not just a loss of defensive potential, it's also a loss of flexibility. That's why having a two-dimensional player like Caron (or Prince) would be a huge plus.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #1185
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

For PO we need a guy who will play well in defense, will make rebounds, assists and will score in paint. Trade Butler/Stevenson for Iggy.
Kidd/Barea
Roddy/Terry
Iggy/Peja
Dirk/Marion
Chandler/Haywood
Old 02-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #1186
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
For PO we need a guy who will play well in defense, will make rebounds, assists and will score in paint. Trade Butler/Stevenson for Iggy.
Kidd/Barea
Roddy/Terry
Iggy/Peja
Dirk/Marion
Chandler/Haywood
The 76ers are currently the 7th seed in the East - there's no way in hell they're blowing up their team for a backup SG and a guy who isn't going to suit-up for the rest of the season...

Try again.

EDIT: (on second thought, don't!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-13-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #1187
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
The 76ers are currently the 7th seed in the East - there's no way in hell they're blowing up their team for a backup SG and a guy who isn't going to suit-up for the rest of the season...

Try again.

agree!!!Sixers have been playing very good basketball.They need Iggy for the playoffs!!!I think he will stay in Philly for rest of season.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #1188
SeanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Why we couldn't find a center who is just as good or slightly worse than Haywood in FA for significantly less?

Last edited by SeanL; 02-13-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #1189
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I had a dream last night that Steve Nash was a Mav again
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #1190
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I had a dream last night that Steve Nash was a Mav again
Do NOT tell me what you and steve did next...Do NOT...
Old 02-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #1191
dude1394
Guru

If the mavs find the right trading partner they will part with big wood. HOWEVER...he is still the biggest bulkiest guy on the mavs and when you need one, you need one.

I probably keep him..but cubes is going to be stretched to keep them both and tysons going nowhere. If he does I'd be shocked.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #1192
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

are we really gonna stand pat? seems like a bad idea tbh

Are Peja/Roddy really sufficient to fill Caron's void?
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #1193
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
If the mavs find the right trading partner they will part with big wood. HOWEVER...he is still the biggest bulkiest guy on the mavs and when you need one, you need one.

I probably keep him..but cubes is going to be stretched to keep them both and tysons going nowhere. If he does I'd be shocked.
Considering Haywoods contract if anyone is stupid enough to want him id trade him in a milisecond
Old 02-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #1194
SeanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
are we really gonna stand pat? seems like a bad idea tbh

Are Peja/Roddy really sufficient to fill Caron's void?
Did Caron leave a huge void to begin with? I think people overstate his value. He was just making 15 ppg. I think roddy and Peja will get well over that combined and then some.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #1195
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Considering Haywoods contract if anyone is stupid enough to want him id trade him in a milisecond
If we do and meet up with Dwight Howard you will wish he were back.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #1196
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Did Caron leave a huge void to begin with? I think people overstate his value. He was just making 15 ppg. I think roddy and Peja will get well over that combined and then some.
You have to think defensively as well as offensively. Coron was a much tougher defender than Peja. You might add 5 points or so to that number
Old 02-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #1197
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that depends on who we got for him. we'd be in the finals in this scenario, so we must be doing pretty good
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #1198
deamon
Golden Member

Quote:

Try again.

So what even they will be 7th in the end of season. They would be really poor IQ, to think they can eliminate MIA or deepest team in NBA (BOS). There is no way in hell doing this.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #1199
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not this again...
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #1200
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
why? he has been useless save 5 games or so why would he all of sudden even be ok against Dwight? Either way Orlando won't get out of the east

Tags
flushbane, i hate dumars, return of the quack!, strike 17 for cadban?, thanks mods! more cadban!