Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-13-2006, 02:46 PM   #1161
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Is that worth checking out, jlee? I've been interested in listening to it, but had kinda forgotten about it.
It's good CD that flows nicely. IMO you have to liste to the whole thing as one long mix to get the full effect. It's perfect if your like me, and need to have background music as you serf the net.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:14 AM   #1162
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Right at this moment, I'm listening to The Scientist by Coldplay.

And it's great. : )
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:06 AM   #1163
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Some Godsmack and Metallica
Dirkgreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #1164
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Just listened to the J-Dilla CD. Not a huge fan of it.

The new Cut Chemist solo album is awesome, more than making up for the fact that the new J-5 is rather sub-par.

New Black Keys is also pretty good.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:11 PM   #1165
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Actually listened to the majority of the him album today. not impressed. I like the song killing loneliness but that cd as a whole isnt very good. Have since gone back to hinder and Mudvayne's the end of all things to come. Love them both. Will probably throw in some jack johnson later when i am in the mood for some more mellow music.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:24 PM   #1166
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just listened to the J-Dilla CD. Not a huge fan of it.
Yeah, I was actually afraid that it wouldn't be to your taste. That's why I prefaced my opinion of it with the reason I listen to it. Sorry about that, anyway.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #1167
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

No worries man, I was glad it was brought up. I would have been disappointed if I had missed out on a really good album. They can't always work for all of us.

Old 07-15-2006, 02:45 AM   #1168
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a while since I listened to it, so I'm listening to ænima by Tool.

I see this thread is mostly about talking about new bands and such, but it's good to remember some great albums from the past :P
Old 07-16-2006, 07:41 AM   #1169
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

aenima is probably my favorite CD ever. The problem is, I hate putting it in, because I'll listen to it for a straight month.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:02 PM   #1170
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

jethro tull ~ aqualung ~ track 3 ~ cheap day return
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:30 PM   #1171
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

I've been listening to as much RJD2 as I can get my hands on. Amazing stuff.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #1172
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

5CD changer

Elliott Smith- Either/Or
Flaming Lips- Clouds Taste Metalic
Lilys- Better Cant make your life better
The Delgados- Hate
Belle and Sebastian- If you're feeling sinister
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:54 PM   #1173
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
I've been listening to as much RJD2 as I can get my hands on. Amazing stuff.
Have you been listening to Magnificent City, Aceyalone & RJD2? I haven't quite gotten myself to buy it, but I've been tempted to many times.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:26 PM   #1174
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
Have you been listening to Magnificent City, Aceyalone & RJD2? I haven't quite gotten myself to buy it, but I've been tempted to many times.
If you're a Aceyalone fan it's not as good as Love and Hate. If you're an RJD2 fan it's not as good as Dead Ringer. Overall it's a nice CD but I expected a little more from those two.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #1175
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Thanks Dirno.. I've never heard Love and Hate. Maybe I'll check that one out someday.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:49 AM   #1176
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Just bought the Natalie Merchant, retrospective album. Always liked her music but never bought anything of hers so I decided to check this one out. An all around good listen.. Pretty relaxing stuff..
Old 07-24-2006, 08:58 AM   #1177
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

just ordered Ray LaMontagne's debut cd. saw him open for guster this past weekend at the ryman here in nashville. great singer... although a little on the touchy side. some guy in the audience laughed or said something during one of the last songs. LaMontagne stopped the song, said something like: "you think this is funny? You must normally sit at home drinking beer, waiting til your kids are old enough to rape." then he thanked the rest of the audience and walked out.

not sure why i'm sharing this with you, just thought it was weird. the whole audience was just stunned.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:44 AM   #1178
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

6Cd Player
The Acrtic Monkeys
Thursday
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Aphex Twins
Dream Theater
Mamas and the Papas (Best when listened to while influenced by the Holy Mary, if you know whut i mean.haha)

Mp3
Almost everything except for effn Pop

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 07-25-2006 at 11:58 AM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:39 PM   #1179
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

The Tiny - Close Enough

I'm absolutely obsessed with the first track, "Closer." Amazing stuff.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:35 PM   #1180
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

pearl jam ~ ten ~ track 5 ~ black

I love this song !!!!
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:25 PM   #1181
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

nonpoint - to the pain
Old 07-30-2006, 01:23 AM   #1182
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
If you're a Aceyalone fan it's not as good as Love and Hate. If you're an RJD2 fan it's not as good as Dead Ringer. Overall it's a nice CD but I expected a little more from those two.
I agree. I quit listening to it after a week or two.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:35 AM   #1183
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Now That's What I Call Music-#22
American Idol-Season 5 Encores
KJ-52-Remixed
Third Day-Wherever You Are

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #1184
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novice#41
pearl jam ~ ten ~ track 5 ~ black

I love this song !!!!

easily my favorite pearl jam song ever.

as for that guy i netioned before (Ray LaMontagne), has anyone heard his cover of Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy"? damn, it's good.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #1185
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Phoenix - One Missed Call
Great riffs

Old 07-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #1186
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

A lot of stuff

Jay-Z- The Black Album

Yeah Yeah Yeah's- Fever To Tell

The Raveonettes-Pretty In Black

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #1187
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Been listening to Rhymefest and Immortal Technique. Really like both.

Old 07-30-2006, 05:52 PM   #1188
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's what I call music vol.7 lol
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:30 AM   #1189
Just211
Platinum Member

stone sour- come what(ever) may
Old 07-31-2006, 12:41 PM   #1190
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the new one? I love stone sour, i like through glass as well, is the rest of it good? I am one of the few who thinks taylor does a better job in stone sour than he does in slipknot.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:50 PM   #1191
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Soundtrack to the revival of Sweeney Todd. Bien well done.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:15 PM   #1192
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Stone Sour - Come What(Ever) May

Oh yeah, check out a little thing called 30/30-150
Old 07-31-2006, 01:55 PM   #1193
Just211
Platinum Member

yeah the Stone Sour cd is pretty good. they have a different sound that the 1st cd, not drastic, but sharper/cleaner. I like it.
And you can add them to list of bands taking shots at BUSH (come what(ever) May)
Old 07-31-2006, 11:10 PM   #1194
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Musical BUSH or Pres. BUSH?

Old 08-01-2006, 02:14 AM   #1195
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Yeah, I don't get it, who's he taking a shot at?
Old 08-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #1196
Five-ofan
Guru

Im quite certain from the previous comments that he means president bush since i havent heard of anyone else taking shots at musical bush(btw the song glycerine is awesome) That saddens me but oh well. I listen to slipknot and mudvayne while being a christian so i can listen to Stone sour while still supporting the prez.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #1197
Just211
Platinum Member

I meant the Prez.
on come waht(ever) may the track.
I mean unless I'm really confused, that what I got from it
Old 08-01-2006, 10:29 PM   #1198
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

haha LOL Pretty decent heavy stuff you got there Just211.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:00 AM   #1199
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Mae - Summertime
The Flaming Lips - The WAND

Anyone who listens to the LIPS? Recommend any other good band similar to The Lips avant rock genre? Anything with psychedelic arrangements. Hella dig Wayne Coyne! Pure effn genius!

Old 08-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #1200
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Radiohead is somewhat similar to the Flaming Lips, but I'm sure you've heard of them.

Also, check out Sonic Youth, Islands, Unicorns.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here