Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #1201
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan1 View Post
Yes, I'm a troll. Because I have a Pro-Spurs message on a Mavs board. But whatever.
Oh your definitely a troll. Your geriatric team won't even field ginobbli or duncan next year. You might luck into another first round draft pick, but this version is done.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 06:22 PM   #1202
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I had never even heard of this Marcin Gortat guy until a couple of weeks ago.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #1203
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I would kind of like to look back and see why we included orlando in the marion trade? I'm not quite sure what good it did for us except I think that some money went from them to memphis also.

Last edited by dude1394; 07-13-2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: orlando for toronto
Old 07-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #1204
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I would kind of like to look back and see why we included toronto in the marion trade? I'm not quite sure what good it did for us except I think that some money went from them to memphis also.
Don't ya mean Orlando?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #1205
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Don't ya mean Orlando?
yes, do you know why?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:31 PM   #1206
cowdog80

cowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I've heard you said a couple of times and you're off base. First of all he really doesn't have the standing reach of a 6'9-6'10 NBA player. There wasn't a 6'9 player at the combine with a standing reach of less than 8'10, Blairs standing reach. He's not super explosive either. His max jump height at the combine was 11'7 1/2...Beabois' was 11'7.

I'd add that long arms don't make up for lack of height in most instances. Offensive players will still be able to easily see over him to get looks or scan the defense. And since you don't shoot with your arms fully extended he'll still get his shot blocked a lot.
maybe i shouldn't say 6'9 or 6'10 - but his standing reach is LONGER than many players considered legit size for a 4, including taj gibson, tyler hansbrough, jeff pendergraph, and BLAKE GRIFFIN. nobody was complaining about griffin's size.

compared to current NBA players, he reaches higher than (or as high as) millsap, joaquim noah, david lee, drew gooden, al horford, brandon bass, and ronny turiaf, et al.

if he were a QB, you could talk about him needing to look over the defense. for a back-to-the-basket player, it barely matters.

i never said that he was super explosive - just super productive. all this guy did was grab boards, no matter what bigger nba prospect was on other end of the floor (and the big east had a few of them).

i may be wrong and maybe he won't make it for a reason other than his knees. but it WON'T be his height.

Last edited by cowdog80; 07-13-2009 at 06:32 PM.
cowdog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #1207
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

How does the trade exception work, anyway?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #1208
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly know why we included Toronto in the Marion trade. You were throwing underhanded slow pitches over the plate before the edit.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #1209
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
yes, do you know why?
hmm to NOT match..?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #1210
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
How does the trade exception work, anyway?
basically its like having a wildcard chip-- like buckner but with variable salary. They can basically trade a 1 million dollar player for an 8 million playerm using the 7 million dollar trade exception to make the trade work.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #1211
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Does the lose of Gortat effect our standings in the West at least on paper?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #1212
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Yeah that's the only reason we included Orlando in the deal. Shady move by a shady GM. Karma's no fun, my friend.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #1213
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
basically its like having a wildcard chip-- like buckner but with variable salary. They can basically trade a 1 million dollar player for an 8 million playerm using the 7 million dollar trade exception to make the trade work.
Wow, I didn't know they got that good of a return on the deal. Otis is a lying crook. I wish nothing but bad things for their franchise.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #1214
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
So why am I hearing the TE helps the Magic in potentially trading Gortat? Do they think someone is going to dump a $13 mil/yr player for $6 mil/yr Gortat?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #1215
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
Does the lose of Gortat effect our standings in the West at least on paper?
Maybe a little but I don't see us standing pat with what we have now. I expect Cuban to move to a back up plan. Cubes is a smart business man. He had to know there was a chance Orlando could match. I'm sure they have thought of different scenarios in case they matched.
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #1216
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Reports coming out of Clippers land this morning stated teams have been asking about Camby. I'm sure we're one of them.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #1217
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

No, it means that even with the BYC issue, they can trade him for a $6 million contract.

They could not do that without the TE.

So, if someone like Houston loses Yao for good, they could offer Orlando an expiring $6 million contract, for example, and a couple of lottery protected first rounders and walk away with a 25 year old up and coming center.

At least they and most other teams have until December to watch him and see if he is worth the price.

That is how MBT helped Orlando out by including them in the Marion deal, that and giving them some cash.

EDIT: Of course, Gortat can refuse a trade for a year, but why would he if he is going to be a starter on a team that is not in complete rebuild mode.

Quote:
So why am I hearing the TE helps the Magic in potentially trading Gortat? Do they think someone is going to dump a $13 mil/yr player for $6 mil/yr Gortat?

Last edited by uberfan; 07-13-2009 at 06:59 PM.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #1218
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Its the same reasoning behind a lot of salary-saving moves this offseason. The trade exception is even better than Stack because its no salary at all. It also means that Gortat counting as 3million, doesnt hold them back from trading him for another 5million dollar player because they could use 3 million of their trade exception.

On the other hand, Orlando's payroll is ballooning like a fat kid with a bee allergy. If they really take back 7 million more in salary, they would be paying a LOT of luxury tax.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-13-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #1219
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a disappointing day for me, haha.
I clearly had high hopes for Gortat as a Mav.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #1220
freestyle

freestyle has a spectacular aura aboutfreestyle has a spectacular aura about

Given that we paid Orlando cash in another trade, lost Bass to them without anything in return and then had the rug pulled out from under us with Gortat after tying up our MLE money for nearly a week, I'd say Donnie has egg all over his face when it comes to the Magic. They probably can't wait to work with us again.

We should have matched their offer to Bass. As a general rule, you should nearly alway do this when you have a young player who is in demand. After all, it's better to risk trade a player with proven market value than to give up something for nothing at all. I'm sure Orlando will eventually move Gortat and actually pick up something in return.
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #1221
MavsRule41

MavsRule41 is on a distinguished road

Cute Orlando, cute. We'll see what happens now. I hope Cuban screws them over at some point.
MavsRule41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #1222
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
No to Camby. Isn't he like 35?
So? that's about the average age of our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyle View Post
We should have matched their offer to Bass. As a general rule, you should nearly alway do this when you have a young player who is in demand. After all, it's better to risk trade a player with proven market value than to give up something for nothing at all. I'm sure Orlando will eventually move Gortat and actually pick up something in return.
If I see one more person say this...

Bass was unrestricted, Gortat was restricted.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-13-2009 at 07:06 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #1223
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Gortat not a MAv

Roddy goes down with a knee injury

Jawai makes his debut and looks like he'd be more comfortable sharing an all-you-can-eat buffet with Shawn Kemp and Danny Fortson than guarding the middle of even a D-league team.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #1224
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Does Carlisle even know that Orlando matched? He didn't sound like he knew today at the Summer League game.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #1225
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Reports coming out of Clippers land this morning stated teams have been asking about Camby. I'm sure we're one of them.
Where did you hear this? It is an interesting rumor.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #1226
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddyB#3 View Post
Does Carlisle even know that Orlando matched? He didn't sound like he knew today at the Summer League game.
Oh hell yeah he knew.. He knew before the news hit the airwaves and so Did FO.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #1227
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
he sounded very forlorn and avoided talking about Gortat at all. It was pretty noticable when the announcer asked him about the team with Gortat and he changed the subject and looked like droopy

Old 07-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #1228
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

When asked about Gortat being unhappy with his return to the Magic, Otis Smith stated:

"Rough life, isn't it. It's tough all over, isn't it.

Guys who have good character, once they get in the gym, their character fall back into form. Courtney is not happy about the trade going to New Jersey, but his character will carry him through so I'm not overly concerned about that part. Once he gets back into the gym, you have a tendency to earn your time." (http://www.thirdquartercollapse.com/...day-otis-smith)

So then smart guy (Otis Smith) answer me this. Since Bass was expecting more time (than he had with the Mavs) and Gortat was expecting more time (than he had with the Magic), when their "character falls back into form" (both are hard workers) and they are start busting their butts (to earn their time), where will you find the extra minutes?

Last edited by MascisMan; 07-13-2009 at 07:14 PM.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #1229
RoddyB#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Oh hell yeah he knew.. He knew before the news hit the airwaves and so Did FO.
They interviewed him at the game, and brought up the possible acquisition of Gortat. Carlisle began talking about what he could do for our team. I didn't understand that at all if he knows they matched.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #1230
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MascisMan View Post
When asked about Gortat being unhappy with his return to the Magic, Otis Smith stated:

Guys who have good character, once they get in the gym, their character fall back into form. Courtney is not happy about the trade going to New Jersey, but his character will carry him through so I'm not overly concerned about that part. Once he gets back into the gym, you have a tendency to earn your time."
I hope Otis choke on his dinner tonight.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #1231
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
They interviewed him at the game, and brought up the possible acquisition of Gortat. Carlisle began talking about what he could do for our team. I didn't understand that at all if he knows they matched.
Uh no he didnt. He was talking about Marion, got asked about Gortat and went back to talking about Marion and beaubois

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-13-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #1232
RoddyB#3

Quote:
he sounded very forlorn and avoided talking about Gortat at all. It was pretty noticable when the announcer asked him about the team with Gortat and he changed the subject and looked like droopy
This is a better way to put it. I don't understand why he wouldn't just mention that Orlando matched.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #1233
RoddyB#3

Quote:
Ug no he didnt. He was talking about Marion, got asked about Gortat and went back to talking about Marion and beaubois
Your right he was talking about Marion. He did just ignore the Gortat situation.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #1234
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MascisMan View Post

Guys who have good character, once they get in the gym, their character fall back into form. Courtney is not happy about the trade going to New Jersey, but his character will carry him through so I'm not overly concerned about that part. Once he gets back into the gym, you have a tendency to earn your time."

So then smart guy (Otis Smith) answer me this. Since Bass was expecting more time (than he had with the Mavs) and Gortat was expecting more time (than he had with the Magic), when their "character falls back into form" (both are hard workers) and they are start busting their butts (to earn their time), where will you find the extra minutes?

prove it..

Old 07-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #1235
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Well just to get a little off topic our chance of landing another center just got slimmer. I got this off of ESPN. com.

Several teams have called the Clippers with interest in trading for Camby, but Los Angeles is unlikely to trade him, Pro Basketball News reports. (Jul 12)
Old 07-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #1236
cac67

cac67 is on a distinguished road

Hi, guys, magic fan here. I'm as pissed as you are about this. What the hell are we paying $5.8mil/year for 10 minutes a game? Granted, he's worth that kind of money, but not for 10 minutes a game.

This offseason has been a complete failure for smith. He could have kept Hedo, and even told him they'd continue negotiating after he got some offers, then goes right out and trades a promising rookie for an over the hill, injury prone $20mil/year vince carter, making it impossible to sign Hedo back. Who the hell is going to run the magics offense now, nelson?

Orlando is screwed for years, and most of the "fans" on the magic forum are too stupid to see it.

Help me get rid of this twit. Go to <mod edit> and sign the online petition. There's no cost and you don't have to register or anything. All I ask is that you don't put a bunch of crap names on there like Mickey Mouse and Daffy Duck.

Last edited by mary; 07-13-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: remove link
cac67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #1237
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac67 View Post
Hi, guys, magic fan here. I'm as pissed as you are about this. What the hell are we paying $5.8mil/year for 10 minutes a game? Granted, he's worth that kind of money, but not for 10 minutes a game.

This offseason has been a complete failure for smith. He could have kept Hedo, and even told him they'd continue negotiating after he got some offers, then goes right out and trades a promising rookie for an over the hill, injury prone $20mil/year vince carter, making it impossible to sign Hedo back. Who the hell is going to run the magics offense now, nelson?

Orlando is screwed for years, and most of the "fans" on the magic forum are too stupid to see it.

Help me get rid of this twit. Go to <mod edit> and sign the online petition. There's no cost and you don't have to register or anything. All I ask is that you don't put a bunch of crap names on there like Mickey Mouse and Daffy Duck.
LOL genius.

Last edited by mary; 07-13-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: remove link
dirk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #1238
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

So they got Bass and retain Gortat? not surprised as other teams like screwing Cuban over. This is nothing but another F U
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #1239
RoddyB#3

Quote:
Well just to get a little off topic our chance of landing another center just got slimmer. I got this off of ESPN. com.

Several teams have called the Clippers with interest in trading for Camby, but Los Angeles is unlikely to trade him, Pro Basketball News reports. (Jul 12)
I believe Kaman is the one they would rather deal. They want to get out from under hi contract. Unfortunately, his contract and the injury he is coming off is turning people away.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #1240
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac67 View Post

I'd be upset if I was a Magic fan also. If the goal is winning a championship Hedo gave yall the best shot. Bringing on Vince and bringing back Hedo would have been a huge improvement as opposed to losing Hedo but paying Bass and Gortat the same amount you would have paid Hedo. I had a feeling this would happen just because Otis Smith doesn't know what the heck he's doing.

Last edited by mary; 07-13-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: remove link

Tags
classic threads, epic fail, f otis, hammered, he's polish, no gortat no chance, offseason trolls!, orlandomatchesoffer, otis loves polish sausage, otis you son of a..., that's racist!, the return of windmill, trade black, we win super balls now?