Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #1201
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
DB.com posted this article a few days ago.
I don't see any kind of timetable, why should we have already met with him?

We have a week until anyone can actually sign a contract - I fully expect these FA's and their "people" to fill up the headlines for the duration.

We have plenty of time...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #1202
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
GOSHDAMNIT didn't I say a few times in fact that he isn't the answer??

Look, simple as this... Jet can NOT guard anyone, even if offensively they are very similar, one of the main reasons Jet hasn't been able to cut it as our starting SG is because he can't stop anyone, HE CANT GUARD. I'll let someone else get into the numbers with you but if Jet could guard someone and wasn't undersized (6 ft), we would have probably been OK with him at SG. You keep on and on about offense, well Jets offense would be alright if he wasn't such a liability on D. So the basis of Allen and Jets game really is not the same.
Well, I don't think Terry is the answer either. He's a poor shooting SG. Effectively, that's what Ray Allen is too.

And yes, I agree, Ray Ray is doubtful at best to come here.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #1203
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
And we'd possibly still have JET's instant offense as well (depending on how Carlisle uses him...)
You would really roll with Allen starting and JET off the bench?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #1204
tcat075
Diamond Member

This is a must listen. The C'mon LeBron song was catchy, but it wasn't a great song. But I actually kinda like this one.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #1205
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Steve Blake to the Lakers. nice signing for them. he's maybe a little underrated.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #1206
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Steve Blake to the Lakers. nice signing for them. he's maybe a little underrated.
He's a 40% career 3-point shooter - the rich get richer...

Old 07-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #1207
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
This is a must listen. The C'mon LeBron song was catchy, but it wasn't a great song. But I actually kinda like this one.
i agree, probably since come on lebron was just one republic-all the right moves with different words over it and i hated the original song
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #1208
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
You would really roll with Allen starting and JET off the bench?
Why wouldn't you?

Allen is a taller Jet who plays defense...
Old 07-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #1209
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope the FO has a back up- backup plan, unlike some of you sons a bitches when reality strikes.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #1210
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Brendan Haywood may want more than Mavs are willing to pay

Quote:
The agent for Brendan Haywood has said his client is a top-10 NBA center, and the goal is to get a free-agent contract that will pay him accordingly.

If that's the case, the Mavericks are going to have a tough time satisfying the 7-footer and his agent, Andy Miller.

A source said Friday that the Mavericks do not plan on entering into a contract that pays $10 million or more per year to Haywood. In fact, the Mavericks are aiming to come in at an average salary considerably below that.

Using 2009-10 salaries, there were 14 NBA centers who made $10 million or more, including Chris Kaman, Emeka Okafor, Samuel Dalembert and Tyson Chandler.

Others on the list, like Brad Miller, Zydrunas Ilgauskas , Erick Dampier and Shaquille O'Neal, were at or near the end of long-term deals. But clearly, the market for centers requires teams to spend and sometimes over-spend. Haywood is one of the top centers available on the free-agent market, if not the best.

Haywood is expected to meet with numerous Eastern Conference teams before negotiations get serious with the Mavericks.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....fedc3550.html

If Damp is the starting center next season.....
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #1211
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Please no Allen.... he's overpriced and I don't know where anybody gets the idea that he actually plays defense.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:35 PM   #1212
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I just hope the FO has a back up- backup plan, unlike some of you sons a bitches when reality strikes.
Robby B the Lightning Rod.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #1213
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post

Had to figure this might happen. Possible to sign and trade his ass? Try to work in the German Towers or something...

Old 07-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #1214
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post

I can see their hesitation on going beyond the 8-10 million range. The payroll is pretty large, by adding that Haywood salary it's just going to continue to expand. If you have guys like Roddy and DoJo still on board, what happens when it's time to pay them?

They're just being cautious and still thinking long term.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #1215
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I can see their hesitation on going beyond the 8-10 million range. The payroll is pretty large, by adding that Haywood salary it's just going to continue to expand. If you have guys like Roddy and DoJo still on board, what happens when it's time to pay them?

They're just being cautious and still thinking long term.
I don't know about Do Jo but i'd imagine when Roddy's contract is up a lot of these guys will no longer be in Mavs uniform. I'd like to hope Haywood would be. I'd hope the contracts of Kidd, JET, Matt Carroll, Stevenson and Marion are no longer here or are drastically reduced by the time its time to pay Roddy.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #1216
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Yeah ideally about 8 million/season would be about the top of his contract entering salary. Anybody know who still has money to throw around in FA? I just don't see him getting an offer in $10m/season range.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #1217
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I don't know about Do Jo but i'd imagine when Roddy's contract is up a lot of these guys will no longer be in Mavs uniform. I'd like to hope Haywood would be. I'd hope the contracts of Kidd, JET, Matt Carroll, Stevenson and Marion are no longer here or are drastically reduced by the time its time to pay Roddy.
It's not the bible, but Poopshype has Team Options for Roddy for the next two seasons following this one coming up.

We're likely to be in Luxury Tax mode for the next few years anyways, re-upping with Dirk and whatever they decide to do with trades. That'll happen because our assets are expiring, so whatever we are bringing back is only going to clog up our payroll even more.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:26 AM   #1218
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I can imagine the Mavs going as high as 10 million per for Haywood if the market ends up looking like there won't be any viable alternatives. But I also feel pretty confident they'd much rather find a way to flip an expiring contract or three for someone along the lines of Varejao or Gortat and then fill out the center rotation by signing Shaq or Damp.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:29 AM   #1219
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Haywood, Haywood, Haywood... we understand your wants and needs but, don't you want an NBA Championship? Everyone knows that when you want more money, you don't have a Championship in mind.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #1220
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I can imagine the Mavs going as high as 10 million per for Haywood if the market ends up looking like there won't be any viable alternatives. But I also feel pretty confident they'd much rather find a way to flip an expiring contract or three for someone along the lines of Varejao or Gortat and then fill out the center rotation by signing Shaq or Damp.
Your B option is definitely a lot safer and more cost efficient, I would definitely roll with that. I do think if Gortat is the 1st man on the list to go after, they'll be competing against a couple of teams. If Utah wants to do a S&T with Boozer (not sure how likely that actually is), Orlando seems like a prime spot and Gortat and other pieces seem like a perfect fit. There is always Houston if they miss out on Bosh or any other big men like Lee.

If Haywood is looking for MORE than 10 million per, I've gotta say see ya.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #1221
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Yeah ideally about 8 million/season would be about the top of his contract entering salary. Anybody know who still has money to throw around in FA? I just don't see him getting an offer in $10m/season range.
I think Miami is the wildcard. If they resign Wade with only one other max guy they'd have roughly $16M to play with and I could see a scenario where Haywood would be their top priority.

Outside of the Heat most of the teams with the money to flat out sign him don't need a center. The Clippers have Kaman, the Bulls have Noah, the Nets have Lopez and the Knicks have Dan Tony.

I think we're playing this thing the way it should be played. Squeeze him the way the Lakers did Odom last summer and the way we should have squeezed Terry back in 2006 (I don't think anybody else would have come close the the contract we gave him).
Old 07-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #1222
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
Haywood, Haywood, Haywood... we understand your wants and needs but, don't you want an NBA Championship? Everyone knows that when you want more money, you don't have a Championship in mind.
What was the last raise you turned down?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #1223
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I think Miami is the wildcard. If they resign Wade with only one other max guy they'd have roughly $16M to play with and I could see a scenario where Haywood would be their top priority.
True, but don't they have to fill out a roster too?
Wade, ____, Beasley, and Chalmers with 16M to go.

That's a lot of work to do with that much left, of course they've got the MLE and BAE but still.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:00 AM   #1224
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True, but don't they have to fill out a roster too?
Wade, ____, Beasley, and Chalmers with 16M to go.

That's a lot of work to do with that much left, of course they've got the MLE and BAE but still.
Actually they don't. They're under the cap so they don't have any exceptions.

I was thinking Chalmers, Wade, SF, Bosh/Boozer, Haywood. Of course this is worst case scenario for us because it assumes that they don't have to trade Chalmers to get Bosh/Boozer and they they target Haywood. It's equally possible that they trade Chalmers and target Felton. Bottom line is things look good for Haywood right now but that could change pretty quickly so there's no need for us to rush into anything. Let the market settle and we could very well get him at our number.

Last edited by dirno2000; 07-03-2010 at 02:02 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #1225
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #1226
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Old 07-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #1227
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post

uhhhh, I don't think you can compare an NBA lifestyle to us regular folk.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #1228
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Your B option is definitely a lot safer and more cost efficient, I would definitely roll with that. I do think if Gortat is the 1st man on the list to go after, they'll be competing against a couple of teams. If Utah wants to do a S&T with Boozer (not sure how likely that actually is), Orlando seems like a prime spot and Gortat and other pieces seem like a perfect fit. There is always Houston if they miss out on Bosh or any other big men like Lee.

If Haywood is looking for MORE than 10 million per, I've gotta say see ya.

I would say " really maaan"? then stand up and shake his hand and on the way out tell him if he changes his ming about 9.5 and a chance to START and win, give us a call. He doesn't produce 10m per on the floor.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #1229
Underdog

10mil/year for Haywood sounds a hell of a lot like the value we got for the last center we signed to a long contract...

No, thanks.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #1230
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
10mil/year for Haywood sounds a hell of a lot like the value we got for the last center we signed to a long contract...

No, thanks.
No kidding. When he's active and aware of whats going on blocking shots, getting rebounds. He looks worth it. But the amount of times we have seen him lug around not looking like the same player, is when that fear kicks in and he resembles Bra-damp-ly

Wtf are you doing up so early? You went and met MVP for that 1 on 1 game late last night and haven't slept since huh?

Old 07-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #1231
tomly

tomly will become famous soon enough

two years and no tax increases yet!
tomly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #1232
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Drew freakin Gooden got about 6.5 a year. Haywood is right to ask for 10+. Probably settles around 9-10 but to get a starting center for 8 would be ridiculously cheap.

The center market is always distorted. It's like trying to find a hot redhead. Not many to begin with and many are crap.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #1233
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Well, I think we should continue to communicate our utmost intent on resigning him, but let him know that we'll only consider that amount if he can prove he's worth that much in this market. I know some guys have gotten pretty good deals already, but at the same time with each contract given by another team the market is slowly drying up which progressively decreases his leverage.

We want him back but we're not going to big against ourselves.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #1234
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No, thanks.
Actually, I think Diop was a significantly worse deal than Big Wood.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #1235
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

4/40 for Wood seems fair.

Hate trying to post on my phone.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-03-2010 at 01:23 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #1236
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
4/40 for Wood seems fair.

Hate trying to post on my phone.
Ok mr. cool guy...
Old 07-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #1237
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
Ok mr. cool guy...
Haha what? Internet on the phone is something new?

My phone's internet sucks though. The post initially "4/40 for Wood" and nothing else...which is why I made that comment. It accidentally posted before I was finished typing it in.

Satisfied?

Back to the thread....espn says the Mavs made a proposal for Bosh.....

"The Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Cleveland Cavaliers and New York Knicks are believed to have submitted trade proposals for Bosh to the Raptors, and apparently none has impressed Toronto."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5352236

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #1238
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Bosh is a good player, but I really don't see a fit for him here. Maybe that's just me.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #1239
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Drew freakin Gooden got about 6.5 a year. Haywood is right to ask for 10+. Probably settles around 9-10 but to get a starting center for 8 would be ridiculously cheap.

The center market is always distorted. It's like trying to find a hot redhead. Not many to begin with and many are crap.
True. Amir Johnson just got a huge contract and he's not even a Center. nor is Drew a true Center. as far as hot redheads go i'll have Christina Hendricks, please.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #1240
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
True. Amir Johnson just got a huge contract and he's not even a Center. nor is Drew a true Center. as far as hot redheads go i'll have Christina Hendricks, please.
She's overrated. Hot, but hottest in the world? Are you kidding me? Hell no.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...