Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #1201
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely would not hold a video against the lakers pg if we could come out looking good in the deal. Dude was 19, you wouldnt believe how much kids record now. And so what, dude shouldnt have been cheating on his fiancee. Things happen. Im not going to hold that over a teenagers head the rest of the life.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:32 PM   #1202
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

30 days
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:18 PM   #1203
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Absolutely would not hold a video against the lakers pg if we could come out looking good in the deal. Dude was 19, you wouldnt believe how much kids record now. And so what, dude shouldnt have been cheating on his fiancee. Things happen. Im not going to hold that over a teenagers head the rest of the life.
If you can look good in the deal sure but I really doubt u can get Russell without the draft pick this year. And all I'm saying is I'm 100% against that.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:47 PM   #1204
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
If you can look good in the deal sure but I really doubt u can get Russell without the draft pick this year. And all I'm saying is I'm 100% against that.
You're telling me there is NO combination of 1-8 that would have you trading that pick for D'Angelo? You will have to name 9 players you take over him. I honestly can't.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:02 PM   #1205
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
You're telling me there is NO combination of 1-8 that would have you trading that pick for D'Angelo? You will have to name 9 players you take over him. I honestly can't.
It's simple risk reward to me. When you have whiffed on trades/picks like the mavs and given up the assets we have then you absolutely can't trade a top 10 pick unless you are positive that at MINIMUM he's your starting pg for the next 5 years.

In a typical draft I wouldn't hate trading for him I guess. I honestly don't like his play-style though, he doesn't drive a lot. He is below 4 drives per game but plays almost 30mins. He was in a tie with Wesley Matthews in drives per game, to give ppl an idea just how bad that is, and far below JJ(only 22min per game also) and Yogi. Hell he was below Harry B and Julius Randle in drives and 4th on his own team.... as a 30min per game pg. I'd like to blame the Lakers being bad but he just hasn't shown me anything close enough to be worthy of a top pick. Everyone keeps saying we need to nail this pick, idk what he has shown to be worth a top pick. And if you go by PER he has a hair over a 15, which is league average. So in 2 years he has had a locker room incident. doesn't drive the ball to the rim, and statistically is an average NBA player. I'll pass personally.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:57 PM   #1206
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
It's simple risk reward to me. When you have whiffed on trades/picks like the mavs and given up the assets we have then you absolutely can't trade a top 10 pick unless you are positive that at MINIMUM he's your starting pg for the next 5 years.

In a typical draft I wouldn't hate trading for him I guess. I honestly don't like his play-style though, he doesn't drive a lot. He is below 4 drives per game but plays almost 30mins. He was in a tie with Wesley Matthews in drives per game, to give ppl an idea just how bad that is, and far below JJ(only 22min per game also) and Yogi. Hell he was below Harry B and Julius Randle in drives and 4th on his own team.... as a 30min per game pg. I'd like to blame the Lakers being bad but he just hasn't shown me anything close enough to be worthy of a top pick. Everyone keeps saying we need to nail this pick, idk what he has shown to be worth a top pick. And if you go by PER he has a hair over a 15, which is league average. So in 2 years he has had a locker room incident. doesn't drive the ball to the rim, and statistically is an average NBA player. I'll pass personally.

Solid points -- had no idea he was that poor driving the ball. I can see an argument for taking the upside of whoever we draft at 9 over that, and I guess there must be a reason the Lakers are actively shopping him (besides that they will have either Lonzo or Markelle in a month).
Old 05-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #1207
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

29 days
Old 05-24-2017, 12:50 PM   #1208
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

D'Angelo Russell's twitter account just liked a tweet that said,

"no way in hell they should draft Lonzo. They stupid if they do"
Old 05-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #1209
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
D'Angelo Russell's twitter account just liked a tweet that said,

"no way in hell they should draft Lonzo. They stupid if they do"
I want Lakers to pass on Lonzo just so we can watch the egg drop on his dad's head. I do think Lonzo is overhyped (will be a lot of fun to watch in transition, passing) so Id like to see the Lakers fail in that sense too
Old 05-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #1210
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see the Lakers pass on Ball too and have him somehow end up playing for some shitty organization like the Kings. I'd don't dislike the kid, but his dad is ruining his career before it starts.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #1211
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Ball and the Kings. I would love it.

And like i said, how the game is played these days, oldschool playmaking skills arent so necessary anymore. See: Ricky Rubio

Last edited by sefant77; 05-24-2017 at 03:15 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #1212
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

And like i said, how the game is played these days, oldschool playmaking skills arent so necessary anymore. See: Ricky Rubio
The thing is that superstars change the game to fit them.

Nash brought the pass-first PG back. Shaq brought the dominant inside-out game back.

right now the NBA really is about dynamic, scoring guards, but I could see that coming back.

Then again, I think Lonzo will be a flop. His offense will flounder because his shot is slow and low. He's not athletic enough to drive on most players and taller guards can disturb his jumper. His change-of-pace is okay but needs to be developed more and his lack of speed means defenders can give him space. Without offense, he won't be able to make sick passes unless he's matched up with a front-court that is dominant on the boards so they can run. In the halfcourt, I think he'll really struggle to score, which means he'll also struggle to pass.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-24-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #1213
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Nash brought the pass-first PG back. Shaq brought the dominant inside-out game back.

right now the NBA really is about dynamic, scoring guards, but I could see that coming back.

Then again, I think Lonzo will be a flop. His offense will flounder because his shot is slow and low. He's not athletic enough to drive and taller guards can disturb his jumper. Without offense, he won't be able to make sick passes unless he's matched up with a front-court that is dominant on the boards so they can run.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:58 PM   #1214
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Solid points -- had no idea he was that poor driving the ball. I can see an argument for taking the upside of whoever we draft at 9 over that, and I guess there must be a reason the Lakers are actively shopping him (besides that they will have either Lonzo or Markelle in a month).
Lets hope no team ahead of us reads Bryan_Wilson's analysis and trades their pick for Russell . If Lakers take Ball at #2 they definitely won't take a PG with the other lotto pick which would give us a better chance at one of the top PGs.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:02 PM   #1215
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:

Then again, I think Lonzo will be a flop. His offense will flounder because his shot is slow and low. He's not athletic enough to drive on most players and taller guards can disturb his jumper. His change-of-pace is okay but needs to be developed more and his lack of speed means defenders can give him space. Without offense, he won't be able to make sick passes unless he's matched up with a front-court that is dominant on the boards so they can run. In the halfcourt, I think he'll really struggle to score, which means he'll also struggle to pass.
He can be locked on pretty easily too. Got torched anytime there was competition on him in last years college season, especially the tournament
Old 05-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #1216
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
He can be locked on pretty easily too. Got torched anytime there was competition on him in last years college season, especially the tournament
Yup!

His play vs. another elite point in Kentucky's Fox is revealing

12/3 - 14 pts on 5-12 FG (2-8 from 3)/ 7 ast/ 6 reb/ 6 to
3/24 - 10 pts on 4-10 FG (1-6 from 3)/ 8 ast/ 3 reb/ 4 to

He was thoroughly outplayed by Fox both games. Full disclosure I'm a hater and am rooting for him to fail (in large part due to this father, which I acknowledge is at least a little counterintuitive).
Old 05-25-2017, 07:25 PM   #1217
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

A bit on Russell/Ball/Lakers: Magic Johnson Says Brandon Ingram Is His Team's Only Untouchable Player

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-25-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:47 PM   #1218
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future
Default Ball

If the Lakers pass on Ball, who takes him? Even if he falls to the Mavs at 9 i wouldn't want him.

that being said, any scenario where the Lakers pass on Ball and take someone for the Mavs (say Fox or Smith) and do a swap?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:06 PM   #1219
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
If the Lakers pass on Ball, who takes him? Even if he falls to the Mavs at 9 i wouldn't want him.
I'd take him in a heartbeat at #9, baggage and all -- but mostly because anyone else we'd want would definitely be gone if he slid that far (I'm certainly not taking Markkanen or Collins over Ball's upside...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
that being said, any scenario where the Lakers pass on Ball and take someone for the Mavs (say Fox or Smith) and do a swap?
I don't see why the Lakers would do that when they could just grab Ball at #2, since it's highly unlikely that he'd fall to #9 if they pass... And it's not like we have anything they'd want to sweeten the deal anyway.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-25-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:11 PM   #1220
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Ball to LA is a lock

https://twitter.com/ESPNLosAngeles/s...68448021012481
Old 05-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #1221
tap2390
Diamond Member

Default My Lottery Mock Draft

1) Celtics - Markelle Fultz (duh)
2) Lakers - DeAaron Fox (word on the street is they love his mentality/ athleticism)
3) Kings (trade #5 & #10 for #3) - Lonzo Ball (Sixers look hard at Ball and Jackson and ultimately decide that their games don't fit next to Simmons; Kings know someone will trade for this pick if they don't)
4) Suns - Jonathan Isaac (Suns consider the 3 3s on the board and opt for the one with the most upside; Tatum is a better scorer now but has a limited ceiling; Jackson has a higher floor, but can't shoot)
5) Sixers - Jayson Tatum (again they consider Jackson, but opt for scoring/shooting over defense/ athleticism)
6) Magic - Josh Jackson (Magic ecstatic to get Jackson here; have some concern about floor spacing, but hope to have an great defensive squad)
7) T-Wolves - Malik Monk (TWolves desperately need help off the bench, and find the best 6th man fit in the draft)
8) Knicks - Dennis Smith Jr. (Mavs fans everywhere shed a tear)
9) Mavericks - Donovan Mitchell (Mavs look to trade picks, but only Portland shows significant interest without having much to offer; Mavs look hard at Frank Ntilikina, but decide that his floor is not worth the risk; Mavs look at Markkanen's defined, safe skillset but aren't happy with his upside; Mavs take the best perimeter defender in the draft (or second best if you think Fox retains his speed while putting on weight) and a guy who's been shooting up draft boards... yes there's a bit of a logjam at the 2, but Mavs go BPA)
10) Sixers - Frank Ntilikina (with basically a free pick, the Sixers have the luxury of taking a prospect who may or may not develop; they look at Markkanen but decide they don't want to deal with him and Saric)
11) Hornets - Zach Collins (Markkanen is redundant with Kaminsky; Hornets take Collins hoping to phase out Zeller)
12) Pistons - Lauri Markkanen (ahh there he is; what do you need when you have Stanley Johnson at the 3 and Drummond at the 5? Spacing.)
13) Nuggets - OG Anunoby (Nugs need a versatile perimeter stopper; they look at Justin Jackson, but decide OG is the OG defender)
14) Heat - TJ Leaf (Pat Riley replaces Luke Babbitt with a better version of Luke Babbitt)

Last edited by tap2390; 05-25-2017 at 10:04 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:35 PM   #1222
Underdog

Quote:
1) Celtics - Markelle Fultz (duh)
2) Lakers - DeAaron Fox (word on the street is they love his mentality/ athleticism)
3) Kings (trade #5 & #10 for #3) - Lonzo Ball (Sixers look hard at Ball and Jackson and ultimately decide that their games don't fit next to Simmons; Kings know someone will trade for this pick if they don't)
4) Suns - Jonathan Isaac (Suns consider the 3 3s on the board and opt for the one with the most upside; Tatum is a better scorer now but has a limited ceiling; Jackson has a higher floor, but can't shoot)
5) Sixers - Jayson Tatum (again they consider Jackson, but opt for scoring/shooting over defense/ athleticism)
6) Magic - Josh Jackson (Magic ecstatic to get Jackson here; have some concern about floor spacing, but hope to have an great defensive squad)
7) T-Wolves - Malik Monk (TWolves desperately need help off the bench, and find the best 6th man fit in the draft)
8) Knicks - Dennis Smith Jr. (Mavs fans everywhere shed a tear)
9) Mavericks - Donovan Mitchell (Mavs look to trade picks, but only Portland shows significant interest without having much to offer; Mavs look hard at Frank Ntilikina, but decide that his floor is not worth the risk; Mavs look at Markkanen's defined, safe skillset but aren't happy with his upside; Mavs take the best perimeter defender in the draft (or second best if you think Fox retains his speed while putting on weight) and a guy who's been shooting up draft boards... yes there's a bit of a logjam at the 2, but Mavs go BPA)
10) Sixers - Frank Ntilikina (with basically a free pick, the Sixers have the luxury of taking a prospect who may or may not develop; they look at Markkanen but decide they don't want to deal with him and Saric)
11) Hornets - Zach Collins (Markkanen is redundant with Kaminsky; Hornets take Collins hoping to phase out Zeller)
12) Pistons - Lauri Markkanen (ahh there he is; what do you need when you have Stanley Johnson at the 3 and Drummond at the 5? Spacing.)
13) Nuggets - OG Anunoby (Nugs need a versatile perimeter stopper; they look at Justin Jackson, but decide OG is the OG defender)
14) Heat - TJ Leaf (Pat Riley replaces Luke Babbitt with a better version of Luke Babbitt)
Interesting outlook -- I like how you have the Mavs, of all teams, making the first completely out-of-leftfield move in this draft... I do admit that I like a lot about Mitchell's game. He pretty much makes Matthews expendable, since he shoots the three (35%) almost as well as Wes has shot for us (36%), has the same defensive instincts (but with much better lateral mobility), is more athletic, and thrives as a ball-handler in the pick-and-roll... His finishing skills could use a bit of polish, and he's a little shorter than Matthews, but actually has a longer wingspan which he uses to hassle bigger players on defense. He's got good size for a SG, but not so much that RC will play him at the 3... Obviously we'd lose veteran leadership if we traded Wes, but we'd be gaining a young guy whose career hasn't been stifled by an achilles rupture.

Definitely not as much upside as Monk if you're gonna create a logjam at the 2, but you'd be getting a guy with a very clear skillset in Carlisle's system... Not as dreamy as Ntilikina, but he might actually have more upside than other high floor/low ceiling guys like Markkanen or Collins.

Nice to see something fresh in this thread!

EDIT: also, the Heat pick made me LOL.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-25-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:00 PM   #1223
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Interesting outlook -- I like how you have the Mavs, of all teams, making the first completely out-of-leftfield move in this draft... I do admit that I like a lot about Mitchell's game. He pretty much makes Matthews expendable, since he shoots the three (35%) almost as well as Wes has shot for us (36%), has the same defensive instincts (but with much better lateral mobility), is more athletic, and thrives as a ball-handler in the pick-and-roll... His finishing skills could use a bit of polish, and he's a little shorter than Matthews, but actually has a longer wingspan which he uses to hassle bigger players on defense. He's got good size for a SG, but not so much that RC will play him at the 3... Obviously we'd lose veteran leadership if we traded Wes, but we'd be gaining a young guy whose career hasn't been stifled by an achilles rupture.

Definitely not as much upside as Monk if you're gonna create a logjam at the 2, but you'd be getting a guy with a very clear skillset in Carlisle's system... Not as dreamy as Ntilikina, but he might actually have more upside than other high floor/low ceiling guys like Markkanen or Collins.

I agree. Nice to see something fresh. I just have a hard time buying any pick who isn't a "swing for the fences" kinda guy. The ERA without Dirk is going to be awfully tough otherwise. There might not be a clear cut low risk, high ceiling guy at 9. I'll take high risk, high ceiling vs low risk, safe pick for the current state of our franchise.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:08 PM   #1224
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Thanks!

I honestly believe this is an 8 person draft with the order being the only question mark. I really don't see one of the players I have 9-14 sneaking into the top 8, but I guess we'll see. With the Mavs picking at 9 they have the luxury of pulling an audible. I worry Mitchell has some Dominique Jones "tweener without a jumper" in him, but I do believe his elite defense and athleticism will find him a place in the league.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:18 AM   #1225
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Mitchell has been steadily climbing up. The positive with him is how much he improved from his freshman to sophomore season. He looks much bigger than Monk when he plays.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:58 AM   #1226
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mitchell has a little Tony Allen and a little Dwayne Wade in him. We could do worse, particularly next to Curry
Old 05-26-2017, 09:03 AM   #1227
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance Mitchell would be there at 15?
Would be nice to get the 15 and 26 (or 20 if we're lucky) from Portland for #9 if they would do it.

Mitchell sounds like someone who could be a nice core player for us and could possibily allow us to grab another late first.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:43 AM   #1228
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Any chance Mitchell would be there at 15?
Would be nice to get the 15 and 26 (or 20 if we're lucky) from Portland for #9 if they would do it.

Mitchell sounds like someone who could be a nice core player for us and could possibily allow us to grab another late first.
Possible but by all accounts he's steadily rising on draft boards. Depends on team needs between 9-15 but wouldn't count on him being there.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #1229
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I like Mitchell, I just would like him a lot more if we could trade down and get him. He could be a better version of Avery Bradley as his ceiling imo. My only issue with taking him over Frank is that Frank is almost 2 whole years younger. So it does bring up the potential ceiling vs potential floor debate.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:43 PM   #1230
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, nope on Mitchell at 9. If we are gonna take and roll the dice in epic fashion, I'd rather have Semi Ojeleye all day.

EDIT: Not to knock anyone, I mean we like what we like.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-26-2017 at 01:46 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:19 PM   #1231
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wow, nope on Mitchell at 9. If we are gonna take and roll the dice in epic fashion, I'd rather have Semi Ojeleye all day.

EDIT: Not to knock anyone, I mean we like what we like.
At 9, I think we're guaranteed to have a pick that some of us will like and some of us will dislike (like Mitchell). There won't be a consensus pick available like Fultz
Old 05-26-2017, 04:41 PM   #1232
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

With the pick 9 I don't like Mitchell at all. Ntikilina isn`t ready yet, and maybe is a bust, but if we are going to roll the dices, I prefer the french one over Mitchell.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:10 PM   #1233
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

24 days
Old 05-28-2017, 11:03 PM   #1234
Underdog

Quote:
24 days

Old 05-29-2017, 08:40 AM   #1235
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
With the pick 9 I don't like Mitchell at all. Ntikilina isn`t ready yet, and maybe is a bust, but if we are going to roll the dices, I prefer the french one over Mitchell.
Yea.

I am just not interested in a defensive type with limited offensive capacity. .

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #1236
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

If we could trade back a few spots, pick up an asset, and draft Mitchell, then that would be a big win. He is growing on me more and more. A mix of Bledsoe, Felton, and some Wade.

That fact that he is such a good defender AND can rebound (!) is yuuuge. Mavs also desperately need a guy that can attack the rim. He is a safer pick than Frank or Collins without their upside. But his upside is still at least reasonably high.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #1237
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Curious what some of you think about these trade ideas:

Curry/Mejri to OKC for #21/2018 2nd Rounder/Singler

Wes to Portland for #20/#26/Turner

We would have #9, #20, #21, #26.

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-29-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:22 PM   #1238
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Curious what some of you think about this trade:

I'd do it 100%.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:32 PM   #1239
Underdog

Quote:
I want Lakers to pass on Lonzo just so we can watch the egg drop on his dad's head.
LaVar Ball—His Team and His Mouth—Shut Down by Compton, 109-57

Old 05-29-2017, 07:49 PM   #1240
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Curious what some of you think about these trade ideas:

Wes to Portland for #20/#26/Turner

We would have #9, #20, #21, #26.
Pretty sure both OKC and Blazers decline, draft is too strong.