Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #1241
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

3 hours? is one a rerun?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #1242
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they're playing all 3 hours of "There's no place like home."

One we have seen, two we have not.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #1243
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
That seems like fertile ground for story telling.
"Fertile"....giggle

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #1244
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of Ben and Desmond...is there any way Ben doesn't know Desmond's history?....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #1245
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Speaking of Ben and Desmond...is there any way Ben doesn't know Desmond's history?....
I guess it's a reasonable assumption that Ben could spy on Desmond from that other station with all the monitors in it. They probably figured out who he was at some point, so yeah it's probably safe to say that Ben knows who Desmond is.

Maybe that's just a card he's been saving for later?
Old 05-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #1246
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I guess it's a reasonable assumption that Ben could spy on Desmond from that other station with all the monitors in it. They probably figured out who he was at some point, so yeah it's probably safe to say that Ben knows who Desmond is.

Maybe that's just a card he's been saving for later?
yeah I figure as much...but how strange would it be if for some reason the Island protected Desmond's identity....Ben has never indicated anything regarding Desmond...which is strange considering.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #1247
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Interesting idea, the thought the island had protected Desmonds identity. But then again, all the weird stuff that's happened to Desmond isn't really like all the other weird stuff.

I don't think the island (the "being" or personality that "is" the island) has anything to do with Desmonds experiences. Desmonds flashes were keeping Charlie alive long enough to do something that the island was desperate to avoid. The island was acting through Locke, Ben, and Mikhail to stop that freighter from contacting the island in any way, and Charlie in Desmond were acting towards the opposite.

And wasn't the act of pushing the button repressing the island in a way? Does the island in fact have cause to dislike Desmond?
Old 05-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #1248
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Does the island in fact have cause to dislike Desmond?
then what is the power acting on Desmond? A separate/conflicting power?

I just couldn't see Ben sitting by doing nothing while Desmond pushes buttons...we shall certainly see though..it must be revealed.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #1249
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think it's the electromagnetic properties of the island acting on desmond, not necessarily Jacob/smoky/"the island" imposing their/it's will upon him.

I don't know. What do we really know about this show anyway?
Old 05-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #1250
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I think it's the electromagnetic properties of the island acting on desmond, not necessarily Jacob/smoky/"the island" imposing their/it's will upon him.

I don't know. What do we really know about this show anyway?
The island triggered those visions where he was led to break up with Penny though, right? The little old white haired lady "Course corrects itself" blah, blah....but now its not the island intention for Desmond to see the future? seems odd.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #1251
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The show just denies ideas, and sends everything spinning in a new direction every show. It's still thrilling but its gotten a little absurd-- Sayid and Ben are both international time-assassins? The rich dude really wants to find an island that is caught in a 40 minute timewarp?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-27-2008 at 04:29 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #1252
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Sayid and Ben are both international time-assassins? The rich dude really wants to find an island that is caught in a 40 minute timewarp?
Ben is not an assassin...

*EL sighting*

Old 05-28-2008, 12:22 AM   #1253
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Sayid and Ben are both international time-assassins?

Benjamin Linus?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #1254
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

LOST homework:

1. Who is in the coffin? Review these shots of the news paper clipping.

Clipping says the fellows name is John Latham. But the producers say it's someone we know. It says "New York Man." A lot of people think Michael, a lot of people think Ben. Some think Sawyer, some think Walt. No one thinks Hurley. If the clipping was accurate, is the first name John a clue?

Ben: Makes sense, Jack would be upset because he needs him to get back to the island. Makes sense that Kate would say "Why would I go to the Funeral?"

Michael: Kates indifference fits, but why would Jack care? He doesn't even know about Michael being on the freighter for all we know.

Sawyer: ? Surely Kate would care about that.

Walt: TV isn't big on killing kids. I don't think this makes any sense.

Jin? Naaa. Sun would be there.

Locke? Like he would ever leave the island. And wouldn't Jack do a happy dance?

One name that's also getting tossed around out there is Desmond. That would be weird, but surely someone would attend old loveable desmonds funeral, no?

2. Watch The Orchid video again. http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Orchid_Orientation_Film

I know we've talked about this before this season in anticipation (I was hoping it would be in the season premiere...boy was I wrong). But it's finally here.

How does this relate to moving the island?

Is it tomorrow yet?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #1255
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
One name that's also getting tossed around out there is Desmond. That would be weird, but surely someone would attend old loveable desmonds funeral, no?
I don't think its desmond, but I think we need to have in mind the idea that many things are going to go down between now and the time of the flash forwards and many of character who are close now...may be enemies by the time of the flash forwards.

Quote:
2. Watch The Orchid video again. http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Orchid_Orientation_Film

I know we've talked about this before this season in anticipation (I was hoping it would be in the season premiere...boy was I wrong). But it's finally here.
this is the most exciting and strange prospect they have offered in a while...I can't wait.[/quote]
Quote:
Is it tomorrow yet?
I just checked again to be sure.....no......no it isn't.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #1256
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I am hoping that the finale gives me the same full feeling as Season 3. As good as it has been, I still feel like I am eating space ice cream.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #1257
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh I think it's just going to be straight up weird. They're going to flip this whole thing around again, inside out, sit it back down and say "Well what do you think of this now?"

And our eyes will be popping out, and our brains will be doing somersaults in our heads.

When you think about it...what is the over all story? Where is thing going? We STILL don't know. I don't know how the show can be anything like the show we know next year...not with half of the cast off the island.

Every year they pull the camera back a little more and a little more and give us a wider view of the LOST world. Who knows what we'll see next year.

It's amazing people are so loyal to the show the way it jerks us around. It was supposed to be about a plane that crashed and some people survived, right? Apparently it never was.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-28-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #1258
sike
The Preacha

Smile

Quote:
Oh I think it's just going to be straight up weird. They're going to flip this whole thing around again, inside out, sit it back down and say "Well what do you think of this now?"

And our eyes will be popping out, and our brains will be doing somersaults in our heads.

When you think about it...what is the over all story? Where is thing going? We STILL don't know. I don't know how the show can be anything like the show we know next year...not with half of the cast off the island.

Every year they pull the camera back a little more and a little more and give us a wider view of the LOST world. Who knows what we'll see next year.

It's amazing people are so loyal to the show the way it jerks us around. It was supposed to be about a plane that crashed and some people survived, right? Apparently it never was.
what a fanboy post.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #1259
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I harbor a similar enthusiasm for your mom.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-28-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #1260
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I harbor a similar enthusiasm for your mom.
you speak crazytalk!

Old 05-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #1261
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It's kind of hard to remember what our Lost threads were like without Flac, isn't it?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-28-2008 at 01:48 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #1262
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
It's kind of hard to remember what our Lost threads were like without Flac, isn't it?
I remember there were actual good days..P.F.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:06 PM   #1263
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I would keep my hot LOST opinions away from your precious thread, but my wife starts throwing things at me if I chatter about it too much. She's only interested in talking LOST on thursdays.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #1264
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I would keep my hot LOST opinions away from your precious thread, but my wife starts throwing things at me if I chatter about it too much. She's only interested in talking LOST on thursdays.
...and loving making every 6th Friday.

*ooops*, was that a secret?

Old 05-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #1265
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Burn.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #1266
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't really making fun. During season two I was just like you. I was spending my post-Lost-episode-days reading Lost forums and poring over Easter eggs, theories, etc.

I got a little burned out and do very little of that now, but I enjoy reading your fresh enthusiasm for the show.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #1267
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I wasn't really making fun. During season two I was just like you. I was spending my post-Lost-episode-days reading Lost forums and poring over Easter eggs, theories, etc.

I got a little burned out and do very little of that now, but I enjoy reading your fresh enthusiasm for the show.
for the record: When the topic is flaco, I'm ALWAYS making fun.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:41 AM   #1268
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I hate you guys.

I made it to Thursday spoiler free. It was hard, but I resisted temptation.

(And seeing as how the full synopsis has been on the internet for two weeks now, I'm very thankful that no one ruined it for us in here. I guess the random passing a-holes are gone now since the season is long since over)
Old 05-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #1269
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm afraid I don't have much to do this morning, so you're going to have to endure more LOST musings from me...

One thing I'm pretty disappointed with this season is all of the plot lines and questions that have seemingly been tossed aside. even if it is because of the writers strike.

Why was Juliet given a centric episode that didn't advance the plot at all, in this condensed season packed with so much plot development? What's going to happen with her anyway? Is she just completely done? She seems to have out lived her usefulness.

All the freighter characters?... Faraday has been used to great effect, but what about Miles and Charlotte? Especially Charlotte. Her story started out the most interesting of them all, and she's done nothing.

She found that polar bear, like she expected it to be there. She dug up the DHARMA collar, and looked very pleased to see it, not confused. She looked positively elated to be on the island when she first landed in the water. She obviously knows about it somehow. Maybe her parents were with DHARMA or something? And she speaks Korean, which is weird.

What was with Miles asking Ben for 3.2 million dollars? That number seemed so specific....really wanted to know about that but it doesn't seem likely now.

Matthew Abaddon? Who is he? Why did they assemble that weird ass group of people to go to the island, if the only reason to go was to get Ben and/or blow the place up?

What in the hell is going on with Claire?
Old 05-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #1270
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Just hours away...

John and Jack finally run to each other, can't wait to see what happens. I hope Locke calls Jack a dumbass... because he is.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #1271
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i still enjoy the show the same as i did before, but like thiggy, i swore off spoilers. it ruined the season 2 finale for me.

so i don't hit many of the theory sites to see what others are thinking, because random spoilers could be there. but i'll gladly talk about past episodes.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #1272
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah...I will read the many reviews and recaps on the previous episodes on other sites, and then come here to speculate with you all, knowing that there won't be spoilers here.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #1273
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I'm telling you, the best way to do it is to go into the episode completely blind, not knowing what to expect. It's pure greatness.

Contact Me
Old 05-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #1274
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

That doesn't mean that you shouldn't think about what might happen next.

Speculation is what makes something like LOST so great. The producers want you to do it. They include all these little clues and easter eggs because they want you to enjoy the mystery and the anticipation.

You guys are almost suggesting that you want to watch the episode, and then not even think about it, because you or someone else might accidentally come up with something that might happen next week.

I like the speculation, I like to think about it. That's why they write the show. I'm wrong 99% of the time anyway. There's nothing spoilerish about putting two and two together. That's all we do in this thread.

Certainly avoid actual "LOST" message boards. Those are rife with a-holes trying to spoil people, and that is not cool.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #1275
alby
Guru

Definitely not suggesting that. Watch the episode, have watch parties first of all =], discuss among your friends, then theorize about the next episode. Sometimes, not even watching the scenes for next week's episode is the best way to go about it. Nothing beats the element of surprise. Nothing.

Quote:
Certainly avoid actual "LOST" message boards. Those are rife with a-holes trying to spoil people, and that is not cool.
definitely.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 05-29-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #1276
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

right, that's what i'm saying. I speculate, but i don't hit other boards to see what others are speculating, cause that's when some douchebag flies in and posts a spoiler. I only talk LOST here and at another site that has strict spoiler rules - They have spoiler tags (that people must use to hide spoilers), and it's considered a spoiler to even discuss the preview for the next week's episode!
Old 05-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #1277
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Who are "these guys" that do not like speculating about the show?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #1278
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well u2, for one seems to be wary of it. And I don't know why, no one is posting spoilers in this thread. There have been times in past pages when people say "I feel like I was just spoiled" after reading something that's pure speculation. (can't remember who all said it).

The question is, if you read something, and later, it happens in the show, are you more likely to say "oh crap, I didn't enjoy that because I had already considered the possibility of that happening, and then it did" or are you more likely to think "Ah sweet! sike was right about that!"?

Speaking of which, new theory: I was thinking about the doctor washing up on the shore, and then getting killed later. Wouldn't it be cool if somehow the freighter explodes, but then it doesn't? or they only think it does, but then they can change it so it doesn't? or something like that?
Old 05-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #1279
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Listening to Bob and Dan talk about LOST is a severe beating.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #1280
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i don't mind reading theories. and we're great here about not spoiling. But on some sites, some people post "speculation" that they know is right because they've read the spoilers.