Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #1281
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Once again, why are people enamored with Chris Bosh? I'm starting to wonder if some folks around here have actually seen him play. The dude is a jumpshooter, that plays weak defense. There are nights when he goes all out, and goes to the rim. And there also many nights, when he chooses to stay on the perimeter shooting jumpers. I'm telling you folks, Bosh is NOT who we want. His defense is too weak, and he's not even a that good of a jumpshooter to shoot so much. And if he came here he'd have to play at the 5. Dirk and Bosh would be a layup line for an athletic team.
I don't like the poor interior defense either, but Bosh is a huge talent. Certainly, there are better fits out there, but if this is the only addition we can make, its still a big one.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #1282
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

With the Bosh rumors in mind, who is a better defender? Gortat or Haywood? Because with a hypothetical Dirk/Bosh combo at the 4 and the 5, we would need a defensive center to back them up.

This is still unlikely to happen, though. We've seen all the reports...Bosh does not want to come here. Perhaps he could change his mind, but just because the Mavericks have been pursuing and S&T with Toronto doesn't mean Bosh is going to accept it. It just means we could do it if he did change his mind.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #1283
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
That Denver offer looks enticing. Ty Lawson is a really good young talent, just like Roddy.

I think our offer being the best would totally depend on what the Mavericks are offering. Namely, is Beaubois part of it or not. Because honestly, he might not be. Bosh is hardly a perfect fit.
If either Dirk or Bosh have to play center full time in Dallas, it won't work. Bosh has already stated time and time again that he does not want to play center....and that he doesn't want to play in Dallas (so I really don't know why Cuban is trying to get him...I guess to show Dirk that he is trying?).

And someone earlier said Bosh only shoots jumpers. Well, the dude still shoots over 50% from the field. Not to mention he DOES get to the line a lot.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 07-04-2010 at 10:33 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #1284
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Once again, why are people enamored with Chris Bosh? I'm starting to wonder if some folks around here have actually seen him play. The dude is a jumpshooter, that plays weak defense. There are nights when he goes all out, and goes to the rim. And there also many nights, when he chooses to stay on the perimeter shooting jumpers.
ummm..... sounds a lot like someone else i know that already plays for dallas that we're all enamored with
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #1285
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that if either one sets their mind to it they could play center, I really do. Maybe not a great defensive center but they could play it.

Whoever it is however will be in foul trouble a lot and really be making some sacrifice to the team imo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #1286
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you are underrating Bosh it seems. Imagine Dirk finally having a guy who can carry the team offensively. The offense will just have to click (and why wouldn't it) with the first line to make up for the interior defense.

Doesn't he live in Dallas? I'd be shocked if someone from the Mavs hasn't met with him personally.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-04-2010 at 11:48 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #1287
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Bosh is definitely worth the assets, but from all reports I've seen he doesn't like Dallas an doesn't want to play Center. He does have some maturity issues so if he's unhappy he'll cause some problems in the locker room. Obviously we would have the most dynamic front court in the league, but I'm just not sure it would work out.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #1288
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

bosh is a power forward, neither him nor dirk will ever willingly play center, do you expect either one to come off the bench? he has no place here.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #1289
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Bosh can suck one.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #1290
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Once again, why are people enamored with Chris Bosh? I'm starting to wonder if some folks around here have actually seen him play. The dude is a jumpshooter, that plays weak defense. There are nights when he goes all out, and goes to the rim. And there also many nights, when he chooses to stay on the perimeter shooting jumpers. I'm telling you folks, Bosh is NOT who we want. His defense is too weak, and he's not even a that good of a jumpshooter to shoot so much. And if he came here he'd have to play at the 5. Dirk and Bosh would be a layup line for an athletic team.
Bosh is not a good fit here IMO, but you are seriously underselling his quality as a player. He is very good.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #1291
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Bosh is not a good fit here IMO, but you are seriously underselling his quality as a player. He is very good.
we need to sign somebody soon
Old 07-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #1292
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Some of you are underrating Bosh it seems. Imagine Dirk finally having a guy who can carry the team offensively. The offense will just have to click (and why wouldn't it) with the first line to make up for the interior defense.

Doesn't he live in Dallas? I'd be shocked if someone from the Mavs hasn't met with him personally.
Doesn't seem like he's met with anybody from the Mavs. He's only met with Houston, Chicago, Knicks, Nets, and Miami.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #1293
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

i wasn't saying Bosh is ideal or is gonna come here. but his sheer talent alone would make this team better. and Roddy is going to be wayyyy better than Ty Lawson. Lawson's good but Roddy is a game changer. i'll be really sad if we move him.
Bosh isn't coming here but the FO should by all means make inquiries. he's a top 10 player in the world
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #1294
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
i wasn't saying Bosh is ideal or is gonna come here. but his sheer talent alone would make this team better. and Roddy is going to be wayyyy better than Ty Lawson. Lawson's good but Roddy is a game changer. i'll be really sad if we move him.
Bosh isn't coming here but the FO should by all means make inquiries. he's a top 10 player in the world
Is he? I think so, most Maverick fans think so, but we've watched his every game. Ty Lawson had a helluva season too, don't forget. We talk about Roddy going 50/40/80? Lawson went 50/40/75.

I'm not saying Lawson will be better, because I love Roddy and I think he's going to be real good. Really, really good. But I wouldn't assume Beaubois is regarded as being way better than Lawson. We see Roddy everyday, so yes, we think he's great, and he is, but I would love to know what someone who sees both of them a lot thinks.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #1295
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
we need to sign somebody soon
Based on who we would target, they're either going to be out of our price range or they aren't "next in line" to get paid...so if we're signing someone other than Haywood, the wait is going to be a while IMO.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #1296
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know honestly, because people kept raving about him and I didn't see anything special about him I began to underrate him. He's a great player, he reminds of me a young KG. But Bosh is nowhere as intense as the young KG was, which at times hurts his game. I watch plenty of other teams games, not just the Mavs. Even though I'm a MFFL, I'm also a basketball fan in general. So I watch other teams when I get the chance. I've seen plenty of Raptor games where Bosh is simply not as aggressive as he should be. And I know you can say that for pretty much any player in the league, but I've seen it a lot from Bosh. I don't know though maybe his lack of aggression may come from playing on the Raptors.

But if the FO did get him, I wouldn't be mad even though I want someone who can score in the low post. If we could get someone like Al Jefferson here I would love it. Even though he plays bad defense as well, his post moves are beauty to watch. He inside game compliments Dirk offensively. The funny thing is that folks love to say Jefferson isn't athletic or a high flier but the guy has his moments. One moment he'll be scoring on a hook shot, the next moment he'll be dunking on the other team's big man. I really think the FO should try to get Big Al here in Dallas, Dirk has never had a center like Jefferson. I really think playing in a winning environment will help his defense. Defense is mostly effort and Schemes. Playing for a contender will help Jefferson increase his effort, and Carlislie has plenty of defensive schemes. And we can get a strong defensive at backup center to help out Big Al. What do you guys think of this?
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #1297
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Bosh is a better fit here than AL Jefferson or Gortat

Last edited by mavs777; 07-04-2010 at 03:53 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #1298
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Jefferson over Bosh. Wow.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #1299
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Bosh is a better fit here than AL Jefferson or Gortat
Not so much Gortat for defensive reasons.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #1300
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Not so much Gortat for defensive reasons.
Gortat has yet to prove he can score, and is foul prone, as you guys saw in the playoffs who do we have that can score consistently in the half court other than Dirk? Bosh is a much much better player than Gortat and is a better fit
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #1301
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Yup. I'd take Jefferson over Bosh. Is it wrong that I want a big man that can score in the paint to compliment Dirk? I hope you realize that Jefferson is arguably the best low post scorer in the league. He's a far better low post scorer than Bosh. Bosh is the better player, but Jefferson is the better fit. So yes, Jefferson over Bosh.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #1302
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yup. I'd take Jefferson over Bosh. Is it wrong that I want a big man that can score in the paint to compliment Dirk? I hope you realize that Jefferson is arguably the best low post scorer in the league. He's a far better low post scorer than Bosh. Bosh is the better player, but Jefferson is the better fit. So yes, Jefferson over Bosh.
totally agree.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #1303
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Shooting 50% from four feet is more valuable than shooting 50% from 10 feet, don'tcha know?
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #1304
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Bosh is considerably better than Al Jefferson. Bosh is monumentally better than Gortat.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #1305
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

^dirkastan hasn't seen a lick of Jefferson.

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-04-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #1306
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Is he? I think so, most Maverick fans think so, but we've watched his every game. Ty Lawson had a helluva season too, don't forget. We talk about Roddy going 50/40/80? Lawson went 50/40/75.

I'm not saying Lawson will be better, because I love Roddy and I think he's going to be real good. Really, really good. But I wouldn't assume Beaubois is regarded as being way better than Lawson. We see Roddy everyday, so yes, we think he's great, and he is, but I would love to know what someone who sees both of them a lot thinks.
Ty Lawson's good don't get me wrong. but he's never going to be entered in a dunk contest. Roddy has sick hops to go along w/ his other skills. that combination is what has us all excited. Lawson has room to improve through sheer repetition and in learning the pro game. Roddy has the upside to be an all-star multiple times. any GM would roll the dice on that.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #1307
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Bosh is considerably better than Al Jefferson. Bosh is monumentally better than Gortat.
But it doesn't prove Bosh is a better fit for the Mavs, hope you realize that.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #1308
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Gortat has yet to prove he can score, and is foul prone, as you guys saw in the playoffs who do we have that can score consistently in the half court other than Dirk? Bosh is a much much better player than Gortat and is a better fit
That's why I said for defensive purposes. With Dirk and Bosh guarding the rim, it's going to be a layup drill.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #1309
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
But it doesn't prove Bosh is a better fit for the Mavs, hope you realize that.
I don't think Bosh is a good fit. I said so above. However, he is so much better than either of those players that, yes, it does make him a better fit than either of them. If the talent gap is big enough and your options are limited, you take the best player and don't worry about fit.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #1310
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think Bosh is a good fit. I said so above. However, he is so much better than either of those players that, yes, it does make him a better fit than either of them. If the talent gap is big enough and your options are limited, you take the best player and don't worry about fit.
And I think Cuban would agree with this as well with his open pursuit of Lamar Odom last summer. We were crammed at that position.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #1311
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

It's not wrong to want a big that can score in the post, but if his overall efficiency and passing skills are middle-of-the-road it's not going to do you nearly as much good as a number of people here think. Jefferson undoubtedly has a more impressive low-post repertoire than Bosh, but Bosh is a clear top-10 performer and, unlike Jefferson, one of the most efficient - and among big men, versatile - #1 scoring options in the entire NBA. It's fine to talk about fit if the players in question are comparable in overall quality, but Jefferson never has been able to provide his teams with a quality of play that matches what Bosh has given the Raptors year in and year out. I guarantee you there's not a front office in the league (including the Mavs, thankfully) who would opt for Jefferson over Bosh, regardless of who else was on their roster.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #1312
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Ty Lawson's good don't get me wrong. but he's never going to be entered in a dunk contest. Roddy has sick hops to go along w/ his other skills. that combination is what has us all excited. Lawson has room to improve through sheer repetition and in learning the pro game. Roddy has the upside to be an all-star multiple times. any GM would roll the dice on that.
Chris Paul is a little doughy and will never be in the dunk contest either so I'm not sure that's the best measure of a young PG's potential. If it were Nate Robinson would be starting for someone. Leaping ability is nice but it's not nearly as important as speed and the ability to start and stop on a dime. Both players have that but unlike Beabous nobody questions Lawson's ability to run the point. I like our guy but the jury is still out on who will be the better player.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #1313
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Sources say that the Mavericks have identified Minnesota's Al Jefferson and Charlotte's Tyson Chandler as potential trade options, but those are secondary targets given Nowitzki's need for someone on the wings who can consistently occupy defenses, create his own offense and open things up for him.
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=5352960
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #1314
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I can see the reasons for both, but if they really are secondary options...DUST is out of play, especially for Chandler.

Bringing back Haywood and finding a guard who can thrive with scoring and not be a liability on defense are the two primary actions that need to happen.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #1315
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And I think Cuban would agree with this as well with his open pursuit of Lamar Odom last summer. We were crammed at that position.
Great point.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #1316
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Tyson Chandler is lame

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #1317
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Tyson Chandler is lame
Yeah, talk about underwhelming. I thought we were trying to get better.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #1318
xrobx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Tyson Chandler is lame
no kidding, we might as well sign mike tyson or chandler bing from friends, they would be just as useful as tyson chandler
Old 07-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #1319
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
no kidding, we might as well sign mike tyson or chandler bing from friends, they would be just as useful as tyson chandler
rep

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #1320
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Tyson Chandler is lame
he is quite literally lame. as in hobbled. gimpy

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...