Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #1281
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well, I'm going to bed. I must say, the warm and fuzzy is wearing off, and now I'm left to ponder how much it sucks that Lost is over. This feels a bit like finishing The Deathly Hallows.
Word.

And yet palatable pop culture will move on...somehow. I hope it will, at least. For every show that ends there's a sh!ttier one that takes it's place. LOST was a smart show. An engaging show. In it's stead we'll likely get "Dancing with celebrity midgets" or some crap.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:07 AM   #1282
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Why did they show all the wreckage during the end credits? Was that trying to say no one survived the initial crash?

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 05-24-2010 at 12:07 AM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #1283
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that was weird. I think they just thought there was something poetic about that archive footage. It could be that Darlton had nothing to do with the credits at all, even.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #1284
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I'm going to bed. I must say, the warm and fuzzy is wearing off, and now I'm left to ponder how much it sucks that Lost is over. This feels a bit like finishing The Deathly Hallows.
Like Mavs hitting offseason after a 1st round loss
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #1285
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Why did they show all the wreckage during the end credits? Was that trying to say no one survived the initial crash?
I think Christian was quite clear that people did survive the initial crash when he said they all died at different times. I couldn't tell you why they showed it, other than maybe just to bookend the show by giving us the island one last time.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #1286
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Yeah, that was weird. I think they just thought there was something poetic about that archive footage. It could be that Darlton had nothing to do with the credits at all, even.
Matthew Fox took pics during shooting the pilot, could be one of that ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AWC-sKilhw
Old 05-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #1287
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I think Christian was quite clear that people did survive the initial crash when he said they all died at different times. I couldn't tell you why they showed it, other than maybe just to bookend the show by giving us the island one last time.
They confirmeda few seasons ago that the characters on the island are not all dead from the plane crash and walk there as "dead" ppl

Last edited by sefant77; 05-24-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #1288
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta be honest...I would have liked Sawyer to get a bigger pay off than getting to be with Juliette in the sideways story. He was my favorite character and just kinda didn't have anything to do in the Island story tonight. (Except some how find a way to get that massive tree trunk off of Ben)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #1289
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
They note few seasons ago that the characters on the island are not dead..
That too, which is part of how they threw everybody off the whole "afterlife" track.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #1290
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought it was that they never survived the crash. Everyone died and that they went to purgatory.

They were LOST in their lives and it was through each other on the island that they found their true selves and were able to move on together.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #1291
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Bravo!

Thats all I can say.

I will let you know if I think this ending was better than Six Feet Under in a month once the newness wears off.

But bravo.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #1292
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
I thought it was that they never survived the crash. Everyone died and that they went to purgatory.

They were LOST in their lives and it was through each other on the island that they found their true selves and were able to move on together.
He very specifically said they all died at different times. That wouldn't be the case if they all died during the crash. He even seemed to refer to possibly Hurley and Ben specifically when he told Jack that some of them died "a long, long time after you."

Also Ben, Juliet, and Penny weren't even on the plane. So they couldn't have died then.

IMO, I think it pretty clearly told us that everything that happened on the island was real. The purgatory was the flash sideways. They died when we saw each of them die (and a few of them we never saw die).

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-24-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #1293
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He very specifically said they all died at different times. That wouldn't be the case if they all died during the crash. He even seemed to refer to possibly Hurley and Ben specifically when he told Jack that some of them died "a long, long time after you."

Also Ben, Juliet, and Penny weren't even on the plane. So they couldn't have died then.

IMO, I think it pretty clearly told us that everything that happened on the island was real. The purgatory was the flash sideways. They died when we saw each of them die (and a few of them we never saw die).
Desmond wasn't either.

The events on the island happened. Not sure how anyone could conclude otherwise.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #1294
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice little recap.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #1295
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, ok that makes sense. Island happened. Alternate Universe/Side flash was purgatory.. they were waiting for the rest of them so they could move on.

Gosh I love LOST. Blu-ray set here I come.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #1296
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Ah, ok that makes sense. Island happened. Alternate Universe/Side flash was purgatory.. they were waiting for the rest of them so they could move on.

Gosh I love LOST. Blu-ray set here I come.
If you happen to see a good deal on the full blu-ray set at some point, drop a post on here. I'll be interested to pick one up at something below sticker price.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:44 AM   #1297
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I didn't always post, but I watched every single minute of every single episode of this awesome series. This was my favorite series of all time, and that is saying something, (there are a good 3-4 series to give it a run, but they all fall short).

There were a few things I wish were answered, but like many said over the last 20 plus pages, I am more a character-guy instead of an answers-guy. The finale did wonders for completing the story of most of the characters. Just an awesome, awesome final 2.5 hours. No matter what they did, no one would be 100 percent satisfied. I mean think about it - no one. Not even LHD, who praises their biggest mistakes...

I am satisfied though... That is more than I could say about 99 percent of the finales I have watched. I personally don't think that there will ever be another show that makes me truly miss it 6 days of the week - for that I say bravo and I know I will miss Lost madly.

This is the end of an era...
Old 05-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #1298
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Its starting to sink in that this thing is actually over.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 AM   #1299
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

just finished watching this like 30 minutes ago (started late and watched the recap, finale, and Jimmy kimmel). I'll certainly post more after some sleep, but just wanted to say I really, really liked it. Great character resolution, which has really been whathas driven the show. Sure, in terms of plot/mystery resolution, it was more of just a season 6 finale as opposed to series finale. But that honestly doesn't matter to me. It was beautiful and focused entirely on these characters we've grown to know and love.

Not having things like the infertility, walt's specialness, even the minor outrigger scene addressed is absolutely an annoyance, but it doesn't matter. There are so many things that haven't been resolved specifically, and when they do resolve them, most of the answers suck anyway (see: across the sea).

And on that note, I will not be eating crow. "across the sea" still was pointless and horribly out of place.

goodbye, LOST. I'll miss you for sure. I got married in 2004 and LOST started in 2004. I guess I can't avoid my wife for one hour a week anymore...

some LOST trivia for you - who started the first ever LOST thread on this board? Hmmmmmm?

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-24-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:17 AM   #1300
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
And on that note, I will not be eating crow. "across the sea" still was pointless and horribly out of place.
40-50 minutes of the finale would have made absolutely zero sense without AtS. It certainly was not "pointless," regardless of whether you thought it was awful, out of place, or whatever else.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:43 AM   #1301
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hate to start with this garbage so soon, but here's one question that I kind of thought was big enough to answer...the whole pregnancy/can't have babies thing. That was such a major thread in the first three seasons and it came to nothing.
Carlton & Damon addressed this in the past. They said that the inference was that the radiation fallout from the Jughead explosion rendered women on-island infertile and thus unable to have babies on-island.

Works for me.

What really vexes me, however inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, is no answer for WHO/HOW/WHY Dharma food drops were continuing to occur.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:54 AM   #1302
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Live together, die alone.

They died alone - with the exception of Sun and Jin right? They at least had each other.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:36 AM   #1303
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Yeah, I don't think they were implying this. However, if they were, I would really hate the ending. As it was, I'm not the biggest fan, but I'm content.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:42 AM   #1304
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

Quote:
40-50 minutes of the finale would have made absolutely zero sense without AtS. It certainly was not "pointless," regardless of whether you thought it was awful, out of place, or whatever else.
Longhorn, I swear to you, I Will always believe ATS was pointless. What wouldn't have made sense in the finale? The light and how important it is? Hell, we still don't know what the light is (and I don't need to know). In fact, it made the light well and the creation of smokey even more confusing. Desmond was lowered down, and had to walk down a hallway to find the light pool. The unconscious MiB would have just crumpled at the bottom, and probably have broken his neck going headfirst. How did he immediately turn into smokey?

All I needed to know about the island And jacob's purpose was explained when Jacob explained the wine bottle/cork to Richard.

Or maybe why MiB wanted off the island? Oh, just cause he was told he couldn't go? Great explanation (where is that sarcasm smilie?).
Old 05-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #1305
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
The unconscious MiB would have just crumpled at the bottom, and probably have broken his neck going headfirst. How did he immediately turn into smokey?
Not would have...he did. I can only assume that skeleton was supposed to be MiB.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #1306
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Right, so how did that make him smokey? He never would have gone into the light. And there were multiple skeletons down there.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #1307
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Were there? I only remember seeing one. But you are correct. It's a question that I don't really care about, but I definitely agree that AtS added nothing to my understanding of the finale.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #1308
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Yeah Desmond looked to the left and right and saw at least 2 skeletons. Maybe MiB and his mom.

yeah, I don't need it resolved either. Was just pointing out that ATS actually made things more confusing on that front.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-24-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:14 AM   #1309
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

no Michael? I guess that means he went to LOST hell?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #1310
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

My assumption is that he is still "stuck" on the island, unable to move on, as they showed earlier this season.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:15 AM   #1311
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

So it WAS Rose and Bernard!!! Crazy. I was just joking. I also thought that Hurley might take over for Jack due to the foreshadowing they put in when Jack took "the job" and Hurley said "glad it wasn't me".

But I never said it on the forum so you guys don't care about that. But either way, I did like that part and then Hurley and Ben telling each other that they were a great No. 1 and No. 2 was pretty cool.

I thought it was a little weird that we didn't ever see Michael and Walt.

I liked the ending in the Bamboo with the one eye closing. Good call on that Mary.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #1312
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not would have...he did. I can only assume that skeleton was supposed to be MiB.
there were multiple skeletons...

and I don't think that any of them were MIB's....Jacob laid him to rest next to mother and they became Adam and Eve.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #1313
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
there were multiple skeletons...

and I don't think that any of them were MIB's....Jacob laid him to rest next to mother and they became Adam and Eve.
Oh yeah. He got spit out.

I'm an idiot.

Oh perhaps I'm succeeding in forgetting that horrible episode.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-24-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #1314
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Desmond was lowered down, and had to walk down a hallway to find the light pool. The unconscious MiB would have just crumpled at the bottom, and probably have broken his neck going headfirst. How did he immediately turn into smokey?
I was trying not to be cynical during the episode, but my brain was screaming this at me during that part.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #1315
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bafflemeant View Post
Okay. Now I totally understand the lottery numbers. I understand why Aaron, Claire's baby, couldn't be raised by someone other than Claire. I also understand why women couldn't give birth on the island. I understand the purpose of the Dharma intiative and why they had someone in an underground bunker pressing a button. And I understand the conflict between Whitmore and Linus. Yes, I understand all of this and more, in a "sideways" universe I created with my other friends so we could sit around in a church doing nothing.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #1316
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I was trying not to be cynical during the episode, but my brain was screaming this at me during that part.
it seemed to be that when Desmond was lowered down the stream was barely anything...but when MIB went in it had a pretty strong flow.

also, he could have very easily have broken his neck on first impact and the water still carried him into the light...thus Jacob didn't ultimately kill him (per Mother's rule).

Old 05-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #1317
sike
The Preacha

So who the freakin heck was Alvar Hanso??? I wish that would have played some kind part of this season.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #1318
LonghornDub

Quote:
Or maybe why MiB wanted off the island? Oh, just cause he was told he couldn't go? Great explanation (where is that sarcasm smilie?).
This comment proves my point. You're making value judgments about the explanations given, which is fine, but that's different than saying that the episode was pointless. And I have to wonder if you even really watched the episode (maybe you just completely tuned it out because you hated it so much) if you think his only reason for wanting to leave was that he was told he couldn't.

One thing I thought was funny in the finale was how Juliet showed no hesitation at all to start making out with Sawyer when she was married to Jack and presumably had a kid with him. I guess once you "remember," nothing in that afterlife seems important.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-24-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #1319
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

One thing I thought was funny in the finale was how Juliet showed no hesitation at all to start making out with Sawyer when she was married to Jack and presumably had a kid with him. I guess once you "remember," nothing in that afterlife seems important.
that cracked me up too...I told my wife "even when Sawyer gets the girl, Jack has already had a kid with her"

Old 05-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #1320
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
This comment proves my point. You're making value judgments about the explanations given, which is fine, but that's different than saying that the episode was pointless. And I have to wonder if you even really watched the episode (maybe you just completely tuned it out because you hated it so much) if you think his only reason for wanting to leave was that he was told he couldn't.
you've been missing my point. if an answers are pointless, the show that conveyed it is pointless. i have said MANY times, i would rather have not known his reasons. I was fine with him just wanting to get off because he'd been stuck there for so long and jacob was in his way.

I just want to say that i will not be posting much in here today (or i probably will, i get sucked in), because i am in absolute complete shock. I just found out like 45 minutes ago at our ultrasound appointment that my wife is having twins... I kid you not.

If they're boys, we're going with the names Jacob and Smokey/MiB.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-24-2010 at 11:21 AM.