Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #1321
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
True dat, playa. We don't need that loser on this team.
That's not what I was saying. I was saying I'm not getting consumed on the
sources are saying" and "he's leaning toward..." mess. I find it hard to believe that a majority of the league would turn their back on the idea of getting Howard.

The thing I don't understand is the last we really heard from him last season was he had the back issue and got surgery for it. That's not something that should be taken lightly, especially for a guy that is his size.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #1322
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'd still take Dwight on the Mavs without hesitating for a second.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #1323
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'd still take Dwight on the Mavs without hesitating for a second.
No question.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #1324
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Reasonably, how could the Mavs swing a deal for Dwight? I would love to see it, but I can't come up with a good way...I see the best chance at absorbing two contracts, but even then...
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #1325
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

After the intentional walk to Hamilton, I think it's time for a Jimmy Jack!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #1326
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

i dont understand why the mavs dont help to get this trade going. i dont want howard and its not like he's going to come here anyways
we would get humphries, brooks and possibly a potential 1st
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #1327
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chicago...0957--nba.html

Quote:
C.J. Watson
According to a tweet from Chicago Tribune beat reporter K.C. Johnson, C.J. was informed Sunday afternoon that his team option for the upcoming season will not be picked up. That's too bad: He's a capable backup point guard - in fact, I'm still not sure how Hinrich is an upgrade - with definite value, and the Bulls let him walk for nothing.
CJ Anybody?

Last edited by OneLove22; 07-09-2012 at 12:17 AM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #1328
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The thing I don't understand is the last we really heard from him last season was he had the back issue and got surgery for it. That's not something that should be taken lightly, especially for a guy that is his size.
I feel like this should be emphasized. I mean you still take a chance on him, but back surgery is scary stuff.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #1329
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33 View Post
Reasonably, how could the Mavs swing a deal for Dwight? I would love to see it, but I can't come up with a good way...I see the best chance at absorbing two contracts, but even then...
Would be tough for the Mavs to absorb Hedo. Orlando doesnt want Haywood. I think J-Rich fits with TE.

Would have to acquire another 1st rd. pick somehow too probably.
So it would cost something like 3 picks, Roddy, maybe Cunningham
and absorbing Richardson. Even then thats not enough going back to Orlando.
Even though id take Roddy over Brooke Lopez. Probably in the minority there.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #1330
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the Mavs can really swing a deal for Dwight, but the Nets' offer is so bad, I do hesitate in saying that the Mavs couldn't conjure up anything.

That's especially true given that the Nets themselves have very, very few assets (just like the Mavs). They're relying heavily on other teams giving the kind of assets the Magic want (mostly draft picks).

Old 07-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #1331
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

It's a pretty poor offer, but not horrible, especially when you hear Bynum wouldn't sign an extension in Orlando. Dwight is really forcing Orlando into a tight spot (on the other hand, they should've dealt him at the trade deadline when they had more leverage).

However, even that 4 in a scale of 1-10 of offers would be tough for the Mavericks to beat. Maybe match but that won't be enough since Dwight clearly has a preference for Brooklyn.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #1332
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

4m Ken Berger ‏ @ KBergCBS
Players expecting full mid-level deals are now getting 1- and 2-year offers, agents say. "The money is drying up," said one.

6m ken berger ‏ @ KBergCBS
After flurry out of the free-agent gate, agents beginning to see things dry up for second-tier players. "It's ground to a halt," said one.

So now maybe the Mavs can pounce. There are a few good players left on the market: Sessions/Courtney Lee/OJ Mayo/etc.

Last edited by Bayliss; 07-09-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #1333
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

We've got 'em right where we want 'em!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #1334
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
4m Ken Berger ‏ @ KBergCBS
Players expecting full mid-level deals are now getting 1- and 2-year offers, agents say. "The money is drying up," said one.

6m ken berger ‏ @ KBergCBS
After flurry out of the free-agent gate, agents beginning to see things dry up for second-tier players. "It's ground to a halt," said one.

So now maybe the Mavs can pounce. There are a few good players left on the market: Sessions/Courtney Lee/OJ Mayo/etc.
Donnie didn't sound like the second tier players were of much interest when he was on 103.3 today.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #1335
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Mayo would take a 2 year deal? I wanna see if that dude can revive his career and perhaps live up to his initial potential/hype.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #1336
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Donnie didn't sound like the second tier players were of much interest when he was on 103.3 today.
Not much interest when their prices are too high. They'll have huge interest once they become bargains.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #1337
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I wonder if Mayo would take a 2 year deal? I wanna see if that dude can revive his career and perhaps live up to his initial potential/hype.
If the money is truly drying up, Mayo would be smart to take a 1-2 year deal at the MLE with a team like the Mavs, where he will get a ton of run, play for a fantastic coach, and play with an elite offensive player.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #1338
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
If the money is truly drying up, Mayo would be smart to take a 1-2 year deal at the MLE with a team like the Mavs, where he will get a ton of run, play for a fantastic coach, and play with an elite offensive player.
THIS! I could see him as a wonderful complement to Dirk.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #1339
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
THIS! I could see him as a wonderful complement to Dirk.
I second this vote!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #1340
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Not sure if Camby is still in our plans, but.. he is off to NY.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #1341
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
We've got 'em right where we want 'em!
The real offseason plan is falling into place perfectly. Subterfuge!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #1342
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
The real offseason plan is falling into place perfectly. Subterfuge!
If they landed something like Mayo, Sessions, and Kaman on short contracts...there would be a LOT of crow have to be eaten 'round these parts.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #1343
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
If they landed something like Mayo, Sessions, and Kaman on short contracts...there would be a LOT of crow have to be eaten 'round these parts.
Yes if they get those guys below market value and for one or two year contracts (which is all they are offering to everyone) crow will be eaten. I wouldn't hold your breath though.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #1344
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I, for one, would be happy to eat a bowl of crow. Bring it!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #1345
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

did the mavs ever meet with sessions today?
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #1346
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not eating crow over those three. The off season plan put in place by Nellie and Cuban would still be an epic disaster from last year. Yes, maybe they'd be able to salvage something going forward and get back to where they can possibly have a chance at advancing to the WCFinals in a couple of years.., but that still wouldn't change the epic fail incurred starting with last year's off season.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-10-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #1347
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not eating crow over those three. The off season plan put in place by Nellie and Cuban would still be an epic disaster from last year. Yes, maybe they'd be able to salvage something going forward and get back to where they can possibly have a chance at advancing to the WCFinals in a couple of years.., but that still wouldn't change the epic fail incurred starting with last year's off season.
Me neither. That's a whole bunch of nothing.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-10-2012 at 10:00 AM.
dude1394 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #1348
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Don't see Kaman coming here, but Mayo, Sessions, and Brand are all doable. I'd consider that a successful Plan H.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #1349
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Part of being a fan and interacting with other fans on a forum is that somebody will always complain about the moves made. Even if we had gotten Deron, plenty of people would be killing Deron's game.

I'd be really happy with 2 or 3 of these players on reasonable deals plus Delonte.
G- Lou Williams, Jerryd Bayless, Ramon Sessions, OJ Mayo, Courtney Lee, Brandon Rush(RFA),
F- Gerald Green, Anthony Randolph, Carl Landry,
C- Elton Brand, Chris Kaman
Old 07-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #1350
Murphy3
Guru

Scott, there's a difference between "eating crow" and being happy about something. I'm not eating crow over the way they handled the Deron situation dating back to last off season. I would be happy to land a couple of those guys, but there wouldn't be any reason to eat crow over the moves. Why would I eat crow over the signing of those guys? I've said previously that I think this year's team has a chance to be better than the 2011-2012 team.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #1351
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...the-powder-dry

Quote:
Frankly, it's hard to muster much optimism about the Mavs convincing Paul or Howard or James Harden or Andrew Bynum to come to Dallas to team with a 35-year-old Nowitzki next summer.

However, there's more hope in that happening than the Mavs piecing together a title contender with free agency scraps this summer. Therefore, it'd be a panic move for the Mavs to make multi-year commitments to anyone this summer after failing to hook Williams or Steve Nash.

The Mavs feared locking themselves into mediocrity with Chandler, Jason Terry, J.J. Barea, etc. They won't do it with Chris Kaman, Randy Foye, Ramon Sessions, etc.

"Mark has proven over the years that he's more than willing to spend to get a championship here," Nelson said. "It's just that spending smart and spending stupid are two different things."

The smart money says the Mavs' title window with Nowitzki has closed. But it'd be really dumb to make panic moves that forfeit the possibility to prove that theory wrong.
Concur.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #1352
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Scott, there's a difference between "eating crow" and being happy about something. I'm not eating crow over the way they handled the Deron situation dating back to last off season. I would be happy to land a couple of those guys, but there wouldn't be any reason to eat crow over the moves. Why would I eat crow over the signing of those guys? I've said previously that I think this year's team has a chance to be better than the 2011-2012 team.
I wasn't trying to make a comment on the "eating crow" part honestly. Mostly because it's unprovable. We have no idea how bringing the gang back together would have worked last season or how it would have played out this offseason. It would be even tougher to project into the future.

The only way people could really be forced to "eat crow" would be for us to sign Dwight using cap space and him lead us to multiple championships. That would be the only direct relationship/best outcome that would seem to be "caused" by the decision to let Tyson go.

My comment was that no matter how good or bad the moves of the MBT are lots of people will complain and lots will be willing to have faith. No move will be universally liked by Mav fans. My example was Deron. Lots of people would have complained even if we did sign him.

Right now the pendulum is definitely swinging more heavily towards to "complaining" side in here, but that's fine. That's why we are fans in a fan forum. To express our joy or outrage with others.

In conclusion I have no point.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #1353
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Ronnie Brewer, Kyle Korver, and CJ Watson are likely to be waived by the Bulls.

Mavs could use Brewer and Korver on their roster. Both fill a need (Korver's shooting + Brewer's defense).....
Old 07-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #1354
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ronnie Brewer, Kyle Korver, and CJ Watson are likely to be waived by the Bulls.

Mavs could use Brewer and Korver on their roster. Both fill a need (Korver's shooting + Brewer's defense).....
Problem with Kover is that he shoots but he needs help to get his shot off. He's mainly just a catch-and-shoot guy. That doesn't really fix the issue of getting guys on offense that can create their own shot. Push has come to shove tho, so they do need some guys.

I believe most of the Chi-town guys will find out today if they're staying or not.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #1355
Bayliss

Quote:
Problem with Kover is that he shoots but he needs help to get his shot off. He's mainly just a catch-and-shoot guy. That doesn't really fix the issue of getting guys on offense that can create their own shot. Push has come to shove tho, so they do need some guys.
And I view Korver as a more mobile Peja replacement. Korver can't go one on one, but he would be a huge space creator for Dirk on the weakside. Korver gives up height to Peja, but he can also come off screens to catch and shoot, similar to the way Miller/Allen do. Defensively there is a pretty negligible difference between Peja and Korver.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #1356
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And I view Korver as a more mobile Peja replacement. Korver can't go one on one, but he would be a huge space creator for Dirk on the weakside. Korver gives up height to Peja, but he can also come off screens to catch and shoot, similar to the way Miller/Allen do. Defensively there is a pretty negligible difference between Peja and Korver.
I think we need to move our thinking forward from 2011 and earlier thoughts on piecing together the new team. The Mavs have many more needs than just a "Peja" spot up and shoot guy. Times have changed.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #1357
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I think we need to move our thinking forward from 2011 and earlier thoughts on piecing together the new team. The Mavs have many more needs than just a "Peja" spot up and shoot guy. Times have changed.
I wouldn't go that far. Spot-up shooters are still very valuable. I was just saying it's not necessarily a perfect fit.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #1358
Bayliss

Quote:
True but besides Dirk, name me another good shooter on the team behind the arc? Exactly. there are none. Getting Korver will not effect other pieces but shooting (especially 3 point shooting) is not a luxury. It is a necessity.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #1359
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McGuire View Post
Part of being a fan and interacting with other fans on a forum is that somebody will always complain about the moves made. Even if we had gotten Deron, plenty of people would be killing Deron's game.

I'd be really happy with 2 or 3 of these players on reasonable deals plus Delonte.
G- Lou Williams, Jerryd Bayless, Ramon Sessions, OJ Mayo, Courtney Lee, Brandon Rush(RFA),
F- Gerald Green, Anthony Randolph, Carl Landry,
C- Elton Brand, Chris Kaman
Mayo would be a fantastic pick...he can defend and score.

i see that many of you love Sessions(or maybe they would pick him),i saw the last PO series against Westbrook and he can't stay on the floor.terrible.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #1360
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Meh, I just see Korver as an 8-10th guy on a contending team at this point in his career. I'd have been more interested in guys like him if we had gotten Deron.

Tags
avery wins, dwill loves the pecker, jigga town, return of cadbane?, russian mutant cuban 1, shark tank cuban 0, willy wants a pecker