Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-17-2011, 04:38 AM   #1361
toby451

toby451 will become famous soon enough

The defense he played on Monta tonight was the best anyone wearing a Mavs uni has played on him in a long time. Can't play against the Warriors D every night, but that defense he brought tonight against one of the most explosive players in the league was phenomenal. Going to be hard to not play him 30+ mpg if he does that every night.
toby451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #1362
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
consider the competition and matchup, this was the perfect game to give Roddy many minutes and for him to succeed, I would take little else away from his performance.
You can take dat defense wit chew, as Dirk would say.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:18 AM   #1363
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
consider the competition and matchup, this was the perfect game to give Roddy many minutes and for him to succeed, I would take little else away from his performance.
i quote.roddy plays more minutes because we were against warriors,not because he played well.

we will live or die with dirk/terry in the 4th quarter.maybe the last 9seconds could enter roddy....maybe.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #1364
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I want to take away from it is what I perceived was a settling into the teams offensive philosophy. Prior to this he was just jacking up everything he touched. Tonight he didn't, it was good stuff and it helped the team succeed, not just Roddy score points. There is a difference.

He took about .30 shots/minute. Much more inine with the rest of the team. That means he was moving the ball and getting better shots. Some of it had to do with playing more minutes, but even early he wasn't just jacking it up.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #1365
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

RAWDY! RAWDY! RAWDY!

I don't care if Roddy takes the most shots or has the highest shots/minute It's about efficiency.

1) He needs to find what's optimal efficient for him.
2) It's nice to get to point #1 but as long as he is shooting more efficiently than the other players on the court with him, even if his efficiency dips, he should keep shooting.

In general, these rules apply to most Mavericks but they are particularly unique to Rodrigue because he can bring the ball up the court. For example, Dirk has to get the ball fed to him and there are dangers with that that may override Dirk's pure efficiency (though usually not).

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 03-17-2011 at 10:33 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #1366
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote from a Warriors board

Quote:
Just back from the game. Thornton and Curry did not have good nights. Beaubois was the freakin bomb - he was a beast defensively and really disrupted Monta.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #1367
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah thats really what I liked the most. You can take away the offensive performance from Roddy because it was against the Warriors, but theres no way to deny that he was, by far, the best defensive player on the court last night at times. He was matching up against the NBAs best backcourt and it was awesome. I thought he actually enjoyed playing defense. He was active, got steals, recovered through screens and really fought hard to deny Ellis the ball as good as he could.

And the result was pretty obvious. Roddy made him work on the offensive end, so he clearly ran out of gas on the defensive end and got abused by Terry multiple times in the 4th. Terry had no problems to blow by him at all.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #1368
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
I thought him rebounding would have presented him a chance to go coast to coast to get himself going offensively, but he seemed content to pass it to Kidd.
Almost everyone defers to Kidd. I notice that there are times when Kidd has Roddy open and prefers not to pass to him. Like that fast break when he chose to pass to Terry who passed back to Kidd result fast break gone. I think that is part of the problem with Roddys aclimation to the Mavs. Some of it is the Mavs are not aclimated to the skills that Roddy brings to the team. Kidd has put his stamp and style on this team and they are used to playing that style. Roddy is entirely different and thus is unfamilier to them. Thats why he initially seemed out of sync with the team. Roddy is now slowly learning to adjust himself to the Kidd style.

Kidd will soon fade and with it his style of play must also fade. It has now gotten to the point that Kidd as impacted his style on the mavs so completely that he has made himself indispensible to the offense running smoothly. The team needs to undergo another transitionary stage that will allow itself to do so. I believe Roddy is the key to that. But first he must adapt to the style of offense that is in place at the present time.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #1369
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Great game by Roddy and on both ends of the floor! But if you think that this is going to be a constant performance and that he will get consistent minutes you are setting yourself up for disappointment. It's just another step in the right direction.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #1370
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

What I noticed throughout the games with Roddy is that his lack of assists partly are due to the fact that we have, Dirk aside, no potent 3pt shooter in the starting lineup without Peja. I am not voting for Peja to start in the playoffs, but Roddy and Kidd would really complement each other even more if Kidd would be able to knock down his shots night in and night out. On some nights he has it, but on others he goes 0 for 6. The vast majority of Roddys assists are leading to field goals at the rim or 3 pointers. I think its no coincidence that his assist numbers were better when Peja was hitting his threes. He creates a ton of open looks beyond the arc with his style of play. If we continue to start Marion (or Brewer) Kidd has to step up in my eyes.

Last edited by j0Shi; 03-17-2011 at 11:08 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #1371
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby451 View Post
The defense he played on Monta tonight was the best anyone wearing a Mavs uni has played on him in a long time. Can't play against the Warriors D every night, but that defense he brought tonight against one of the most explosive players in the league was phenomenal. Going to be hard to not play him 30+ mpg if he does that every night.
The thing I liked most about Roddy even when he wasn't playing good D was his potential for doing so. It was mostly his inexperience that is the cause of most of his problems on both offense and defense. You can't teach height, athletic ability, quickness or speed. People need to remember he is relatively unexperienced. It's not like he has had years to learn the game and was just incapable of doing so like many other players. You can't put him in that catagory.

I think he was getting into Monti's head or at least it appeared to be that way. Towards the end of the game Monti was pausing and thinking instead of just instinctively reacting. Roddy has the desire and the athletic ability to be a great defender- especially against the unguardable quick points in the league. Once he learns each individual players moves he will give them all trouble. He still has a lot to learn but that just speaks to his still unfulfilled remaining upside and potential.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #1372
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Roddy's ability to fight through or avoid screens has increased dramatically in a few weeks.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #1373
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Potentially Roddy could be an absolute lockdown defender on PG's and smaller SG's. He has all the tools really, unreal lateral speed, the longest arms you will ever see, and elite athleticism. The rest is smarts, desire, and experience. Hopefully he wants to be an all-around player. His PG skills already improved, if he could play hard nosed defense... wow.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #1374
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Roddy's ability to fight through or avoid screens has increased dramatically in a few weeks.
Wow, I noticed that too last night; amazing watching him develop.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #1375
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
Big step for Roddy tonight. Not only did he do his usual contribution on offense, I thought he played excellent defense on Monta Ellis and really slowed him down in the second half. That was a big key for the comeback. Dirk, obviously, was the best Mav out there, but Roddy was arguably the second best.

p.s he might not show emotions but he made some great hustle plays tonight, the boy has a lot of passion inside
Man the guy was cheating, he was grabbing Ellis' jersey when Ellis would try to lose him in a screen, then let go, after Ellis cleared the screen, guess within all the clutter, it would be hard for the ref on the baseline to call a foul, Ellis would stumble out of the screen, that happened at least 4-5 times....it was great, he's learning the little parts of the game. Even his on the ball defense was 2nd to none on Ellis, not giving Ellis the space to move, time to think about his move. Brewer gave him 6 feet and a head of steam, can't do that with guards of Ellis' caliber.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #1376
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
Almost everyone defers to Kidd. I notice that there are times when Kidd has Roddy open and prefers not to pass to him. Like that fast break when he chose to pass to Terry who passed back to Kidd result fast break gone. I think that is part of the problem with Roddys aclimation to the Mavs. Some of it is the Mavs are not aclimated to the skills that Roddy brings to the team. Kidd has put his stamp and style on this team and they are used to playing that style. Roddy is entirely different and thus is unfamilier to them. Thats why he initially seemed out of sync with the team. Roddy is now slowly learning to adjust himself to the Kidd style.

Kidd will soon fade and with it his style of play must also fade. It has now gotten to the point that Kidd as impacted his style on the mavs so completely that he has made himself indispensible to the offense running smoothly. The team needs to undergo another transitionary stage that will allow itself to do so. I believe Roddy is the key to that. But first he must adapt to the style of offense that is in place at the present time.
Interesting, I think RC's already trying to transition these guys into a system, rather than Kidd's system. There were some half court sets where you really don't need to depend on Kidd. Seems he's more of a director out there. RC also called a few post up plays for Kidd, that didn't have good results. RC's going to use the tools he's given. One of the things we have to really work in is the dribble drive, not pounding the rock on the stripe for 15 seconds then going, but work the ball around for a quick strike, then get it to Roddy for a secondary setup where he will just take the rock into the teeth of the defense and take what ever's given. A double comes, dump to the open for the dunk, we have the personnel to break the defense down and make them chase.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #1377
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
I still think its a weakness. Man on man, he was fantastic, but he still let Ellis penetrate some off picks.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #1378
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I still think its a weakness. Man on man, he was fantastic, but he still let Ellis penetrate some off picks.
Yeah, it really speaks to how terrible he was before if dramatic improvement brings him to where he is today...

He definitely has a lot more potential, but he used to bounce off a pick like a toothpick being thrown at a brick wall. Now, at least he's making the effort to let his footwork carry him around or through.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #1379
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
To be fair, there really aren't alot of guards who are good at that type of defense. Deshawn is probably the best on the team. And the PnR is a two man game offensively and defensively. He is much better at getting over the pick when the guy who is guarding Dirk isn't setting the pick.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #1380
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Ugh step forward than a step back. Terrible first half, great 3rd, than terrible 4th. I think he lets his jumper/offensive play determine his whole game. He has got to engage himself and I think the coaches need to stress to him that his first 3 shots of the game should be going towards the basket. Unfortunately, Carlisle stresses the importance of taking the open 3, that is why Brewer isn't playing FYI.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:32 AM   #1381
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Overreaction. He wasn't as terrible as people are trying to make him out to be.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #1382
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Overreaction. He wasn't as terrible as people are trying to make him out to be.
The fact is he didn't do his homework against Parker. You gotta go under the pick and race up to him rather than trying to go over the pick and Parker almost past you from the start. Thus why he got to the rim so many times.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:43 AM   #1383
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
The fact is he didn't do his homework against Parker. You gotta go under the pick and race up to him rather than trying to go over the pick and Parker almost past you from the start. Thus why he got to the rim so many times.
When the Spurs set screens they usually set them while the ball handler is in a stationary position. This means Roddy or whoever is guarding the ball handler has to take his eye off the ball to look for the screen which isn't a good idea. Secondly, The spurs also use double screens as well.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:34 AM   #1384
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
He tried that a couple of times. Didn't work because the Spurs weren't just setting one pick they were setting TWO for Roddy one out at the 3 point line and another immediately behind it, which prevented him from either going under or through the pick. They did more than just set a pick, they built a wall around Parker.

The rest of the Mavs should have compensated for this and nullified this strategy, since the Spurs using two players to set picks meant at least 2 Mavs were just standing around doing nothing, but they never did in any way.

Popovich, as usual, completely outcoached his opponent and all the Spurs on the floor out-executed all the Mavs. It wasn't as simple as Roddy failing to do his homework or doing a bad job on defense. RC realized it, which is why he praised Roddy's defense. The kid was doing just about everything he could.

Last edited by JHT; 03-20-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:18 AM   #1385
JayR

JayR has a spectacular aura aboutJayR has a spectacular aura about

roddys gona have a big game coz we're vsin the warriors next

does anyone knw why we didnt re-sign james singleton??
JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:55 AM   #1386
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
does anyone knw why we didnt re-sign james singleton??
Because we already have the white version of him and his name is Brian Cardinal. Except this version of him doesn't even rebound.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #1387
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Agree JHT, which is why if we play the Spurs in the 1st round, we can hang up the Gone Fishing sign, Pops will detroy RC again.

Last edited by She_Growls; 03-20-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #1388
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
He tried that a couple of times. Didn't work because the Spurs weren't just setting one pick they were setting TWO for Roddy one out at the 3 point line and another immediately behind it, which prevented him from either going under or through the pick. They did more than just set a pick, they built a wall around Parker.

The rest of the Mavs should have compensated for this and nullified this strategy, since the Spurs using two players to set picks meant at least 2 Mavs were just standing around doing nothing, but they never did in any way.

Popovich, as usual, completely outcoached his opponent and all the Spurs on the floor out-executed all the Mavs. It wasn't as simple as Roddy failing to do his homework or doing a bad job on defense. RC realized it, which is why he praised Roddy's defense. The kid was doing just about everything he could.
Great explanation. Too bad Carlisle is an idiot.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #1389
JayR

JayR has a spectacular aura aboutJayR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Because we already have the white version of him and his name is Brian Cardinal. Except this version of him doesn't even rebound.
singleton was actually a decent player on both the offensive side and defensive side, he also was a solid rebounder. cardinal doesnt get much rebounds because he's too busy tryin to draw charges
JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #1390
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Singleton was a great guy, was active on both ends, hustled his butt off, always ready even after getting some DNP´s in a row. He won´t win you a game, but he doesn´t hurt you! Too bad he isn´t with the Mavs anymore...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #1391
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

i saw Singleton when he played at Olimpia Milano
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #1392
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
i saw Singleton when he played at Olimpia Milano
Now that´s a story!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #1393
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Singleton was a great guy, was active on both ends, hustled his butt off, always ready even after getting some DNP´s in a row. He won´t win you a game, but he doesn´t hurt you! Too bad he isn´t with the Mavs anymore...
He was also consistent on that 20 foot jumper.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #1394
She_Growls
Golden Member

Did JET throw Roddy under the bus on NBA TV?

Supposedly, they asked him about the team's recent defensive struggles, and terry said something like "roddy has been good on offense, but is behind the curb on defense, and needs to pick it up"

I read this on another blog, so please confirm....if so, I'm speechless and pissed.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #1395
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post

Supposedly, they asked him about the team's recent defensive struggles, and terry said something like "roddy has been good on offense, but is behind the curb on defense, and needs to pick it up"

I read this on another blog, so please confirm....if so, I'm speechless and pissed.
He who cannot be criticized.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #1396
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:

Jason Terry is an idiot. I hate his mouth. He says a lot of stupid stuff and makes dumb gestures during games. Roddy>Terry at this stage of their careers imo.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #1397
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
JasRoddy>Terry at this stage of their careers imo.
Maybe in 3 years, but at this stage in their careers it isn't even close, Jet by a mile.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #1398
She_Growls
Golden Member

Fancy move of the night by Roddy:

http://www.nba.com/games/20110320/GS...s=iref:nbahpt2

Interesting observation: all the Mavs are smiling and grinning except JET----lol, can you say jealous.....haha.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #1399
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Interesting observation: all the Mavs are smiling and grinning except JET----lol, can you say jealous.....haha.
Isn't he clearly turning to say something to DeShawn?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #1400
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Isn't he clearly turning to say something to DeShawn?
"don't cheer for him, he took our jerbs!"
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid