Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-04-2008, 11:41 PM   #1361
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

TURCO. that guy is amazing. how can anyone doubt him?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2008, 11:42 PM   #1362
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
they havent been without chances. turco has been amazing too.
absolutely he has. Tirks has been outstanding as well. This has been a tremendous game to watch.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:42 PM   #1363
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

crowd needs to get louder.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #1364
mkat
Platinum Member

get it out!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #1365
mkat
Platinum Member

screw the change...score!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:49 PM   #1366
mkat
Platinum Member

not enough energy it seems...:/
Old 05-04-2008, 11:49 PM   #1367
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

damnit!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:50 PM   #1368
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only watching on gamecast now cause I gotta study. Do the Stars have a single shot on goal in the 2OT?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:51 PM   #1369
mkat
Platinum Member

1 now, i think.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #1370
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

how is dallas even in this game? they are being completely outplayed except at goalie.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #1371
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
how is dallas even in this game? they are being completely outplayed except at goalie.
defensemen aren't playing too badly. just no offense...kinda like last year.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #1372
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Just a side note....but, I love the almost total lack of commercial time outs during the periods.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Old 05-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #1373
mkat
Platinum Member

they're just running the stars right off any attack.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:58 PM   #1374
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Turco not winning this game would be a good case for atheism.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #1375
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Turco not winning this game would be a good case for atheism.
you could say the same about nabakov, sadly.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:01 AM   #1376
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

He's done a lot, but Turco's done more.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #1377
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

turco has flat out robbed the sharks
Old 05-05-2008, 12:03 AM   #1378
mkat
Platinum Member

what happened to the sharks' horrible passing from the first 3 games?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #1379
roadrunner
Golden Member

That was funny...the net came off of its moorings and Morrow still worked hard to push the puck past Nabokov and a sideways net after the whistle and then Morrow just gave a confident stare to Nabokov.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #1380
mkat
Platinum Member

morrow may well be the only guy that can win this for us...
Old 05-05-2008, 12:07 AM   #1381
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

damn. Ok can we go over some early modern philosophy in here? there's no way i can study right now, but i need to.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 AM   #1382
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

I'm hungry.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 AM   #1383
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Wow what a game! Turco is playing out of his mind despite the whole period being played in the Stars side.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 AM   #1384
roadrunner
Golden Member

100 minutes of hockey in the books and still no winner. The stars were outplayed that period. Good thing we have Tirks back there.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #1385
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

1) Trevor Daley couldn't score if his life depended on it.
2) Who says Ribs can't play defense?
3) Mar-ty! Mar-ty!
4) I'm going to need a lot of Starbucks tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 AM   #1386
Windmill360
Diamond Member

quick trip to the IHOP

who's with me?

Last edited by Windmill360; 05-05-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 AM   #1387
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Right this moment as we speak, in section 314, Row K, My mother is floating the idea of going home now, and my father is telling her to kindly blow it out her ass
Old 05-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #1388
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
1) Trevor Daley couldn't score if his life depended on it.
2) Who says Ribs can't play defense?
3) Mar-ty! Mar-ty!
4) I'm going to need a lot of Starbucks tomorrow.
You're not the only one going to starbucks tomorrow. Whoa. But this is greatness.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #1389
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Those pesky goalies are really making this hard.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #1390
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
damn. Ok can we go over some early modern philosophy in here? there's no way i can study right now, but i need to.
study now while you have a few minutes.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:15 AM   #1391
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

This game is crazy and very entertaining, and I don't normally follow hockey!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:15 AM   #1392
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

philosophy = stupid hippie class.

Just write that on your final, you'll be fine

(I'm sorry if that's your major )
Old 05-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #1393
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

This is, in a word, intense. Embarrassingly, this is basically my first time I've actually watched hockey, and my heart didn't stop pumping throughout that 2nd overtime. So nervous. Do this for the city of Dallas!
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #1394
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
This game is crazy and very entertaining, and I don't normally follow hockey!
At least it's only 10 where you are.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:17 AM   #1395
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't know if any of you are watching FSN in marvelous HD like I am, but you can see Brenden Morrow grimacing as he hits people. It hurts him to do so, and yet he will not relent. Because he wants to drink your milkshake
Old 05-05-2008, 12:17 AM   #1396
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
At least it's only 10 where you are.
Yup

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #1397
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If I followed this hockey team like I did the Mavs I would absolutely be in a puddle of emotion on my living room floor right now. Good grief.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #1398
Henry_VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Because he wants to drink your milkshake
eww
Old 05-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #1399
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

This VS. montage is way too long. And I thought the AIG commercial lasted forever.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:21 AM   #1400
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
If I followed this hockey team like I did the Mavs I would absolutely be in a puddle of emotion on my living room floor right now. Good grief.

Red Bull + Vodka = happy fun sports time?

Oh god I have to work tomorrow.