Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-30-2008, 05:54 PM   #1361
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Jack has ALWAYS been my least favorite of the main cast (I do not count Boone and Shannon and main cast.)
Good man.

I loved it when Locke just sarcastically smiled at Jack during their whole conversation as if he was calling him out on his idiocracy throughout this whole ordeal.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 05-30-2008 at 05:57 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #1362
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Good man.

I loved it when Locke just sarcastically smiled at Jack during their whole conversation as if he was calling him out on his idiocracy throughout this whole ordeal.
He is a man of science

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #1363
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

"there are no such things as miracles"

Jack is pathetic

Contact Me
Old 05-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #1364
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"there are no such things as miracles"

Jack is pathetic
I loved Kate's line in the raft...We survived.."Its a miracle"

Jack sits silently

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-30-2008, 09:55 PM   #1365
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

As much as Jack has been an idiot, I kind of admire his drive and his determination. Jack had his triumphant plan work last year, as he finally became a man of action. He made a plan to blow up the others, disable the looking glass, and get to the tower, and it all worked. He was gonna get them off the island.

If it hadn't been for that bomb, he damn near almost had everyone off too. He still got some of them off. He made as good on his promise as he possible could have done, where as Locke seems to fail at everything in his life, and he's a stooge for the island, always getting controlled, always looking for someone to tell him what to do next. And now we find out that Locke failed miserably at being the new Ben.

Jack's an idiot, and maddening to watch on TV, but he's no bumbling idiot like Locke is. And somehow, Locke is going to turn out to the Jesus figure out of all of this isn't he? When they get back?

What happy resolution is there for Jack now? Sounds like a sacrifice for Jack, and a happy ending for Kate and Sawyer is in store.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:23 PM   #1366
alby
Guru

I hated it. I wish Jack was just a pawn and not the leader. Just sit in the background and do the doctor thing instead of trying to be the hero. Apparently, everybody's lives were hard before they got to the island so it's not like Jack is the only one who has reason to try to always be #1 all the time.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 05-30-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:33 PM   #1367
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Alternate ending #3....

Old 05-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #1368
alby
Guru

hahaha nice

Contact Me
Old 05-31-2008, 01:02 AM   #1369
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Just got finished watching it. One thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread. Supposedly Jeremy/Locke saw everyone before he died (and he had a son?) so I bet he told Sun that Ben set in motion things to make the boat explode. And that's why she want to talk to Widmore. They have a common goal... they both want Ben.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-31-2008 at 01:03 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:05 AM   #1370
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Alternate ending #3....

That photo-shop work is pretty darned signature worthy, Flaco ...
Old 05-31-2008, 01:31 AM   #1371
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Just got finished watching it. One thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread. Supposedly Jeremy/Locke saw everyone before he died (and he had a son?) so I bet he told Sun that Ben set in motion things to make the boat explode. And that's why she want to talk to Widmore. They have a common goal... they both want Ben.
I would be willing to bet that Suns animosity is more towards Jack than Ben. I have no evidence for saying this...it just seems to be the way the show works. When have Sun and Ben ever been in the same place...ever? Maybe for that brief few minutes in "The beginning of the end."

Whatever Suns motive, intention, or goal is, it was clear from last nights episode that her attitude is going to be a hindrance to Jacks (and Ben? weird) quest next season.

One would think, given the pattern laid out for us now, that we can expect next years finale to include them stepping foot back on the island?, and a flash back to Lockes (supposed) death? yeah?

I cannot wait to see what the people on the island experienced when the "move" happened. I do hope that the first episode includes a ....flashback? from the Sawyer/beach point of few. What is Sawyer going to be doing next season?
Old 05-31-2008, 01:36 AM   #1372
alby
Guru

Re-watching it as we speak, how the Rambo dude took Sayid's massive hits with the big stick and stabbing is pretty crazy lol.

Contact Me
Old 05-31-2008, 01:38 AM   #1373
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Boy it sure seems like Kate really slapped Jack at the airport. lol
Old 05-31-2008, 01:44 AM   #1374
alby
Guru

Is Jin even dead?

---

---

What do you guys think?

Nobody is on deck before the explosion. Someone appears to have jumped off. The explosion goes up and not out.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 05-31-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:18 AM   #1375
alby
Guru

Quote:
Hot sports opinions from Harold Perrineau:

Quote:
TV Guide: Did you know Michael was being killed off when you returned?
Harold Perrineau: I had no idea. It's like, what the hell? I came back for that?

TV Guide: You're laughing as you say that, but you don't sound particularly pleased.
Perrineau: I'm disappointed, mostly because I wanted Michael and Walt to have a happy ending. I was hoping Michael would get it together and actually want to be a father to his kid and try to figure out a way to get back [home]. But this is [the producers'] story. If I were writing it, I would write it differently.

TV Guide:: So when did you get the news?
Perrineau: [Lindelof and fellow executive producer Carlton Cuse] called before the finale scripts were out. They said they weren't going to continue with Michael.

TV Guide:: And what did you say to that?
Perrineau: At this point, I've been on the island, off the island, back on the island — so I just went, "Oh, ok." [Laughs] This is their show and they know what they can or cannot write. I thought it was disappointing and a waste to come back, only to get beat up a few times and then killed. I felt like it was sort of pandering to some fans who wanted to see Michael punished because he betrayed people.

TV Guide: Are you referring to when he shot and killed Ana Lucia and Libby in Season 2?
Perrineau: Exactly. I honestly feel like Michael's death served a really weird bloodlust for the fans.

TV Guide: Were you disappointed Michael and Walt didn't reconnect before your character died?
Perrineau: Listen, if I'm being really candid, there are all these questions about how they respond to black people on the show. Sayid gets to meet Nadia again, and Desmond and Penny hook up again, but a little black boy and his father hooking up, that wasn't interesting? Instead, Walt just winds up being another fatherless child. It plays into a really big, weird stereotype and, being a black person myself, that wasn't so interesting. [Responds Cuse: "We pride ourselves on having a very racially diverse cast. It's painful when any actor's storyline ends on the show. Harold is a fantastic actor whose presence added enormously to Lost."]
I really don't think he's dead, especially with Christian showing up.
Either that, or Michael has always been dead...

Contact Me
Old 05-31-2008, 02:24 AM   #1376
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Dude..Jinn you might have an argument....but Michael is DEAD.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:26 AM   #1377
alby
Guru

Michael can't die, remember?

"like my dad?" -walt
"yeah." -hugo

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 05-31-2008 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:28 AM   #1378
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Michael can't die, remember?
He COULDN'T die.

But then Christian showed up and said "You can go now"

Meaning...'ok, you're done. We're done with you. BYE!!!!!'

Michael is dead, man.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:29 AM   #1379
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Spoiler warning....

Walt and Aaron "Eiffel Tower" Ji Yeon in the future.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-31-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:31 AM   #1380
alby
Guru

It's crazy how Jacob says Ben will suffer the consequences when he moves the island, but he ends up outliving Locke (the apparent new leader) anyways.

Contact Me
Old 05-31-2008, 02:32 AM   #1381
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It makes you wonder how Locke really died.

If indeed he died. (Did Ben kill him?)

Or whether or not Locke will be....resurrected when they all get back to the island.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:33 AM   #1382
alby
Guru

Quote:
He COULDN'T die.

Michael is dead, man.
I'm not hoping Michael is alive, don't me wrong. Could care less about the character lol.

i guess you're right

but what about the other people on the boat? they all had bright red life vests on when the helicopter was taking off.. then in the pictures above, they are nowhere to be found

Contact Me
Old 05-31-2008, 02:36 AM   #1383
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I love how there is certain music reserved for finales. It makes it seem that much better, even if is just a trick of the musical score.

The music in this finale is one of my most favorite parts. They brought back all the good themes from seasons/finales past.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:42 AM   #1384
alby
Guru

the music and the acting... A+

Lost is definitely one of a kind.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 05-31-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:30 AM   #1385
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
So we saw Sawyer whisper instructions on whatever task Kate was doing that night while Jack was at her house. That intrigues me.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R5W2-dvSzKk&feature=related

"I have a daughter in Alabama.

You need to find her.

Tell her I'm sorry."

Refresher from Lostpedia:
Quote:
This episode is centered around Sawyer, in prison, after he conned Cassidy. It begins with him fighting in a ring with a fellow inmate, and he wins the match. As they walk back to their jail cells, he sees a man beating up another inmate; a fellow inmate tells him it's Munson, recently jailed for stealing 10 million dollars from the government. Sawyer wins Munson's trust after he predicts the Warden will try to take his money, using Munson's wife against him.
As Munson is visiting with Lila, his wife, Sawyer is meeting with Cassidy. Sawyer speaks harshly and abruptly to her, even after she throws down a picture of a baby, Clementine, that Cassidy claims is his daughter. Sawyer leaves angrily, retorting that he has no daughter.
Munson, upset from the confrontation with his wife, confides in Sawyer, telling him that he did steal the money and that he wants Sawyer to move it.
Later, Sawyer, who warned Munson earlier avoid hurt by never to get attached, betrays him by revealing the cash's location to the authorities in exchange for commutation of the last six years of his sentence. When asked how he wants his reward for "finding" the cash, Sawyer tells Treasury Agent Freedman to put it in a bank in Albuquerque under the name of Clementine Phillips, stipulating that there must be no way she can ever find out who the money is from. The warden, intrigued, asks who Clementine Phillips is, but Sawyer brushes off the question. "Congratulations, Ford," says the Warden, "you just lied and cheated your way out of prison. You're a free man."

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 05-31-2008 at 03:37 AM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:43 AM   #1386
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I think people can only come back as "visions" if their dead bodies are on the island. Now I could be wrong, but wasn't this the case with Christian Shepherd? He only became Jack's hallucination after his coffin reached the island.

The same goes for John Locke. IMO, they need to bring Locke's dead body back to the island so that Locke will be able to communicate with them in "hallucination" form.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 05-31-2008, 03:50 AM   #1387
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Re-watching it as we speak, how the Rambo dude took Sayid's massive hits with the big stick and stabbing is pretty crazy lol.
Come on now. Miracles happen on the island.

If Mikhail got his brains fried by the security checkpoint (that even Smokie won't go near), subdued by Jin, harpooned in the chest and lived to swim out of the hydra and plant a freakin 'nade...you don't think Keemy can handle a little Tae Kwan Do from Sayid?

Don't be surprised if he survives 2 stabs in the neck by Ben.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:52 AM   #1388
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R5W2-dvSzKk&feature=related

"I have a daughter in Alabama.

You need to find her.

Tell her I'm sorry."

Refresher from Lostpedia:
Man, if that's true then my dad is going to be insufferable next season, because he called that after the episode where Jack freaks out when Kate goes somewhere for Sawyer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:11 AM   #1389
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
replace "crazy" with "completely unrealistic even for a super soldier" and its *fixed*

Old 05-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #1390
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I do hope that the first episode includes a ....flashback? from the Sawyer/beach point of few. What is Sawyer going to be doing next season?
I've already predicted a season full of Conan the Barbarian-style Hero-Sawyer butt kicker...if that happens it will be undoubtedly my favorite storyline of this show...

Old 05-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #1391
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Is Jin even dead?

---

---

What do you guys think?

Nobody is on deck before the explosion. Someone appears to have jumped off. The explosion goes up and not out.
those pics are amazing....if they continue to be that detailed...this will be the greatest show in the history of modern television.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:16 AM   #1392
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Locke-- the only thing I can figure is that he died off the island-- there is a lot of time between Locke meeting up with the others and Jack finding him dead so
1) The 4-Dimensional island move bumped him off the island and after months of living off the island (with an alter-ego) he dies -- backstory to come
or
2) Widmore finds the new island with help from the Sat phones Daniel/Charlotte have. Widmore wants to capture and remove the island's embassador, and since Locke becomes that Widmore is suddenly interested in him. Locke is removed from the island and dies either on the boat or back in civilization.

The island wouldn't have let him die on the island just to want his corpse. He definitely died off the island and since he died off the island perhaps he will be resurrected on the island.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-31-2008 at 10:20 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:16 AM   #1393
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
He COULDN'T die.

Michael is dead, man.
absolutely no doubt that Michael is dead...he might pull a Christian Shepherd and show up (ghost-like)...but after these comments from Harold, I really doubt it.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:22 AM   #1394
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Man, if that's true then my dad is going to be insufferable next season, because he called that after the episode where Jack freaks out when Kate goes somewhere for Sawyer.
Do we really think Kate could do that in one day?

Isn't that all the time she had?

Old 05-31-2008, 10:24 AM   #1395
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
The island wouldn't have let him die on the island just to want his corpse. He definitely died off the island and since he died off the island perhaps he will be resurrected on the island.
The Island can stop you from dying anywhere on the planet...if Locke is dead....the Island either didn't mind, or perhaps willed it.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:30 AM   #1396
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
The Island can stop you from dying anywhere on the planet...if Locke is dead....the Island either didn't mind, or perhaps willed it.
Why does the island want the corpse of Locke/Bentham?

And from what I remember the Island won't let you kill yourself but perhaps you can die from extreme trauma or natural causes. Perhaps Locke gets far enough away from the island or the island's pull is weakened from the move that Locke suddenly feels all his health problems at once-- becoming paralyzed, with 1 kidney, etc
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:37 AM   #1397
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Why does the island want the corpse of Locke/Bentham?
Season 5 questions, my dear.

Quote:
And from what I remember the Island won't let you kill yourself but perhaps you can die from extreme trauma or natural causes. Perhaps Locke gets far enough away from the island or the island's pull is weakened from the move that Locke suddenly feels all his health problems at once-- becoming paralyzed, with 1 kidney, etc
I'm not positive, but fairly confident that the Island can keep you alive if it wants to...there is no reason to think the Island's influence has a range.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #1398
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is Jin even dead?

---

---

What do you guys think?

hahaha this was a terribly amateurish made scene...looks like a cow tank with a great model from Wal-Mart.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:10 AM   #1399
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I wonder if someone will start www.johnlockesnotdead.com

a la "dumbledoresnotdead.com"

Boy was that guy wrong.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:13 AM   #1400
alby
Guru

I don't understand why Locke has to go with them back to the island. Is it because he left the island too? If so, shouldn't Walt have to join them as well?

Is Ben going back? or is he just leading them back? In that least scene, he went back and forth with "you guys" and "we" so Lost was definitely being careful there...

Personally, I feel Ben is going to go back and try to regain his throne... seeing that Locke is dead. Or he is going to mold Aaron into the next leader of the island and maybe that's why Claire doesn't want Kate to bring Aaron back... but as we all know, it doesn't matter what you want--it only matters what the island wants.

So, in the next two seasons, we're going to be revealed what the horrible things were that happened on the island post Oceanic6, and we're going to see Jack/Kate/Sayid/Hurley/Sun/Aaron/Locke/Ben? return to the island and be forever "lost".

edit*
when does season 5 begin?

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 05-31-2008 at 11:16 AM.