Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #1361
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Mavs wouldn't let Roddy go for Jefferson...I could see it for Both though.

I HATE that Bosh doesn't want to play in Dallas...almost as if on principle. WHAT THE HECK??!!
F Bosh if he is going to be a bitch about it. I won't lose any sleep if Bosh doesn't play for the Mavs at any point in his career.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #1362
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Here is what is disappointing to me...my hope (albeit probably unrealistic) was that the mavs would be able to bring in the type of scorer who could bump Dirk to the #2 option or perhaps option 1A. As the pieces are falling into place, this just doesn't seem at all likely.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #1363
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here is what is disappointing to me...my hope (albeit probably unrealistic) was that the mavs would be able to bring in the type of scorer who could bump Dirk to the #2 option or perhaps option 1A. As the pieces are falling into place, this just doesn't seem at all likely.
For me, that's more of a dream than a hope, and (alive as it still is since LeBron and Wade have yet to make their decision) it's relegated to that more unrealistic status because, let's face it, Dirk's awesome. My hope is more modest, and it's that Dallas will be able to find, whether in one trade or collectively across several trades, a talent upgrade that balances the rotation. There remain a number of ways to get that done, and IMO to get it done well enough that the team is in a good position to compete for a title next season.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #1364
ItGetzReal

ItGetzReal will become famous soon enoughItGetzReal will become famous soon enough

Well since joe is not coming and no other meetings with current FA's . I would try hard for bosh. Promise bosh to start at pf and bring back damp at center. Let dirk play sf . We sign and trade haywood to the raptors with some scrubs or terry contract. So starting line up is kidd , caron , dirk , bosh, damp with roddy and marion coming off the bench.
ItGetzReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #1365
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
For me, that's more of a dream than a hope, and (alive as it still is since LeBron and Wade have yet to make their decision) it's relegated to that more unrealistic status because, let's face it, Dirk's awesome. My hope is more modest, and it's that Dallas will be able to find, whether in one trade or collectively across several trades, a talent upgrade that balances the rotation. There remain a number of ways to get that done, and IMO to get it done well enough that the team is in a good position to compete for a title next season.
hope/dream...whatever. You know what I mean.

I too think that Cuban is well situated to make a splash...and after Dirk making things easy for them, I imagine Cubes will go after something to bring confidence to the German.

I just don't want it to be an ill fitting splash...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #1366
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItGetzReal View Post
Well since joe is not coming and no other meetings with current FA's . I would try hard for bosh. Promise bosh to start at pf and bring back damp at center. Let dirk play sf . We sign and trade haywood to the raptors with some scrubs or terry contract. So starting line up is kidd , caron , dirk , bosh, damp with roddy and marion coming off the bench.
You can't be serious.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #1367
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hope/dream...whatever. You know what I mean.

I too think that Cuban is well situated to make a splash...and after Dirk making things easy for them, I imagine Cubes will go after something to bring confidence to the German.

I just don't want it to be an ill fitting splash...
Or the cost of Roddy. No one left is worth Roddy aside from LBJ or Wade which we weren't in the race for anyway.

I hope they hang on to Dojo too.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #1368
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItGetzReal View Post
That lineup won't happen. I don't even want to imagine Dirk guarding Carmelo, Durant and LeBron any more than he has to.

Last edited by tcat075; 07-05-2010 at 04:01 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #1369
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LeBron and Wade are the only two players available that would make Dirk a #2. And we never had a shot at either. I'm not sure why some are so confident we'll make a splash. We aren't getting LBJ, Wade, Bosh, or Amare. No chance. None. JJ is back with Atlanta. Who does that leave? Boozer? Maybe Al Jefferson. I'd be okay with Al...but still.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #1370
ItGetzReal

ItGetzReal will become famous soon enoughItGetzReal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
You can't be serious.
So bringing in Iggy or al jefferson is a better option than having bosh here? No body can gaurd Lebron , durant , etc . Defense is a team effort . I think bosh is the best option if we could land him.
ItGetzReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #1371
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
LeBron and Wade are the only two players available that would make Dirk a #2. And we never had a shot at either. I'm not sure why some are so confident we'll make a splash. We aren't getting LBJ, Wade, Bosh, or Amare. No chance. None. JJ is back with Atlanta. Who does that leave? Boozer? Maybe Al Jefferson. I'd be okay with Al...but still.
If we can add Al Jefferson and Shaq then I would be a fairly happy camper.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #1372
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
F Bosh if he is going to be a bitch about it. I won't lose any sleep if Bosh doesn't play for the Mavs at any point in his career.
didn't Bosh tweet that he found The Hurt Locker boring? how could we ever trust a guy like that?!
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #1373
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
If we can add Al Jefferson and Shaq then I would be a fairly happy camper.
Get Shaq over Haywood? No thank you. One center who plays beneath the rim (at least these days) is enough for me. Shaq is a mediocre defender nowadays, and obviously not an elite scorer either. If we get Jefferson, he provides the low post scoring we need and Haywood beneath him can help supplement the defensive side.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #1374
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

we're bound to find a deal for Damp's contract. if its for someone who doesn't exactly fit a need then we take comfort in adding depth and keeping Roddy. we acquire more assets and keep more of our own.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #1375
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
we're bound to find a deal for Damp's contract. if its for someone who doesn't exactly fit a need then we take comfort in adding depth and keeping Roddy. we acquire more assets and keep more of our own.
As long as you find a player (at any position) that is better than what Damp produces, then the deal is a major success. It's just like Stackhouse, his contract and minor parts produced Shawn Marion...that's definitely an upgrade.

They've shown they can find a deal, the big question is going to be: what will the deal bring back?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #1376
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yeah, that's one thing I've thought about. I'm really hoping the FO doesn't have the pipedream that James or Wade are coming here. And I don't think they do. But at some point, if they realize Jefferson or Igoudala aren't coming here, they need to pull the trigger on a player who can help the team. I think Jefferson and Iguodala can be had, but hopefully the FO is honest about it, and if all they can get is, let's say, a young talent and a useful veteran with an oversized contract (or maybe the vet isn't even useful, as long as the prospect is solid), then they need to do it.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #1377
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
As long as you find a player (at any position) that is better than what Damp produces, then the deal is a major success. It's just like Stackhouse, his contract and minor parts produced Shawn Marion...that's definitely an upgrade.

They've shown they can find a deal, the big question is going to be: what will the deal bring back?
For the record, Stackhouse wasn't half bad for Milwaukee. Marion was clearly better, but Stackhouse has/had (is he coming back?) a little left in the tank.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #1378
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever happened to Wade's scheduled meeting with us?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #1379
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #1380
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Whatever happened to Wade's scheduled meeting with us?
It happened, but it wasn't as exciting as it sounds.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/full...mn.php?id=3253
Quote:
Regarding Dwyane Wade: Dallas officials have touched base with “the principals’’ in Wade’s situation, which we assume to mean the Miami Heat for certain, if not Wade and his representatives themselves. (Wade has reportedly expressed his interest in return.) They’ve done so simply to express their willingness to discuss the acquisition to the player and the wish to explore a Sign-and-Trade with the club, should Wade want to take his interest further.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #1381
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Or the cost of Roddy. No one left is worth Roddy aside from LBJ or Wade which we weren't in the race for anyway.

I hope they hang on to Dojo too.
if they can trade for CP3, NOLA can have Roddy.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #1382
SMC0007
Guru

Nola said they are certain CP3 would be there to start the season. I can't see them letting him slip away, but I agree. I think we have the PG of the future once Kidd leaves....hope.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #1383
sike
The Preacha

I'm getting a little pumped about the idea of Iggy in a Mavs uniform...screw me, lets spend Cuban's money!

Last edited by sike; 07-05-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #1384
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm getting a little pumped about the idea of Iggy in a Mavs forum...screw me, lets spend Cuban's money!
You thinking MavTalk or DallasBasketball.com?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #1385
SMC0007
Guru

What a phag. First it's Chris "Both" and now he wants to see Iggy in a Mavs forum!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #1386
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You thinking MavTalk or DallasBasketball.com?
shudup.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #1387
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
What a phag. First it's Chris "Both" and now he wants to see Iggy in a Mavs forum!
I hate this place.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #1388
SMC0007
Guru

What is Tmac and his lazy eye gonna cost?

Old 07-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #1389
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
What is Tmac and his lazy eye gonna cost?
What is TMac and his lazy eye worth?

Old 07-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #1390
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm getting a little pumped about the idea of Iggy in a Mavs uniform...screw me, lets spend Cuban's money!
My current non-LeBron, high-cost, dream offseason scenario (yes, I said dream):

Damp/JET/picks for Bosh/Hedo
Butler for Iggy
Stevenson/JJB for Gortat
TE or MLE acquisition of either Anthony Parker or Ray Allen (call it Parker for argument's sake)

Kidd/Booby
Iggy/Parker
Marion/Hedo
Dirk/Najera
Bosh/Gortat

Capable penetrators in Booby and Iggy to take advantage of the space Dirk and Bosh open up in the half-court. First-rate defense/rebounding on the wings from Iggy and Marion to compensate for the defensive weakness in the paint with Dirk and Bosh on the court together. Contributor's with well-rounded, savvy, veteran games coming off the bench in Parker and Hedo. A true center with high energy and first-rate defensive/rebounding skills coming off the bench. And arguably the most offensively devastating PF/C duo in NBA history.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 07-05-2010 at 11:52 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #1391
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

Butler for Iggy
Stevenson/JJB for Gortat
TE or MLE acquisition of either Anthony Parker or Ray Allen (call it Parker for argument's sake)

Kidd/Booby
Iggy/Parker
Marion/Hedo
Dirk/Najera
Bosh/Gortat

Capable penetrators in Booby and Iggy to take advantage of the space Dirk and Bosh open up in the half-court. First-rate defense/rebounding on the wings from Iggy and Marion to compensate for the defensive weakness in the paint with Dirk and Bosh on the court together. Contributor's with well-rounded, savvy, veteran games coming off the bench in Parker and Hedo. A true center with high energy and first-rate defensive/rebounding skills coming off the bench. And arguably the most offensively devastating PF/C duo in NBA history.
Now THAT's a good dream!

Last edited by sike; 07-06-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #1392
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:

Butler for Iggy
Stevenson/JJB for Gortat

Kidd/Booby
Iggy/Parker
Marion/Hedo
Dirk/Najera
Bosh/Gortat

What day is the parade? I wanna make sure I leave that day open!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #1393
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

I would love to see Iggy in a Mavs Uniform. Since we are not landing Bron or Wade, nor do I think Bosh is coming home to play, my dream looks like this:

Kid/Roddy
Iggy/??
Josh Smith/Marion (heard hawks might be shopping him)
Dirk/Josh/Marion
Jefferson/Damp (Gortat or J. O'Neal)

I think this gives us versatility while getting younger and maintaining Vet leadership.
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #1394
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Man a dream trade would be pau gasol for kwame brown.
Oh wait...
Old 07-06-2010, 12:23 AM   #1395
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDownTown! View Post
I would love to see Iggy in a Mavs Uniform. Since we are not landing Bron or Wade, nor do I think Bosh is coming home to play, my dream looks like this:

Kid/Roddy
Iggy/??
Josh Smith/Marion (heard hawks might be shopping him)
Dirk/Josh/Marion
Jefferson/Damp (Gortat or J. O'Neal)

I think this gives us versatility while getting younger and maintaining Vet leadership.
If we got those players damp wouldn't be here.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #1396
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
What is TMac and his lazy eye worth?

Thats what I'm getting at. I surely don't know but I like a guy who feels like he has something to prove, that he can stay healthy and play at a level that can help the team. I wouldn't mind him at an affordable and reasonable rate. Decent wing player who can pass, create a little, he can handle the ball and play the SG position with a nice shot. He' isn't what he was obviously but if it's reasonable, I would love to have him, if Iggy and the last batch of upgrades left come up short. He has shown flashes and I wonder, what if he were with a better team; could he make a few steps up to where he used to be?

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-06-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #1397
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

Haven't seen this posted yet...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.1d5901f.html

Nowitzki: Only LeBron or Wade could make the difference
11:36 PM CDT on Monday, July 5, 2010

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
esefko@dallasnews.com
Free agency fit Dirk Nowitzki like a hospital gown. He never felt comfortable and got out of it as fast as he could.

Nowitzki said Monday that he only needed to hear that the Mavericks are serious about upgrading the roster during the next four seasons, and that's why he agreed to a discounted contract with owner Mark Cuban during the weekend.

In his first interview since the sides hammered out the $80 million deal, Nowitzki talked at length about many topics, including the free-agent process and the Mavericks' strategies on moving forward. He also said making a big splash this summer isn't necessarily the only way to keep the window genuinely open to win an NBA championship.

The nine-time All-Star has learned plenty during the last few days. What he learned most was that free agency is "not fun."

"Obviously, a couple teams were interested," he said. "But it never really got to the point where I was ready to listen. My heart's here. To go through the whole process that everybody's going through, I don't like that. It was just weird. And to have two-hour presentations when I know I'm not really interested. I didn't see any sense in that. It didn't really get that far.

"When it was all said and done, to me, I feel like I started this thing here and after 12 years now, I feel like I got unfinished business here. I just wanted to not run away from something that's right there. I met with Cuban, and he said: 'You know we're all in this together.'

"And he's right. We started this and it wouldn't even feel right to go somewhere else and chase something that nobody can promise me."

That uncertainty played a big part in Nowitzki deciding quickly that Dallas is the right situation for him. He has seen all the scenarios involving Lincoln-ex Chris Bosh , Joe Johnson , Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer, among others.

But from Nowitzki's perch, there are only two players who could be added to the Mavericks' roster that would make the ultimate difference — LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

"I see it this way, if you don't get LeBron and you don't get Wade, are you going to give the max to somebody else and lock yourself in with a player who's not going to get you over the hump?" Nowitzki said. "You got to be a little careful with locking yourself into something with a max contract with somebody that's going to give you 55 wins, and you're still going to lose in the second or third round.

"So to me, if you could get Wade or LeBron, you got to go for it. But other than that, it's tough. You don't want to completely screw the organization over for four or five years if it's not going to put it over the top."

So, in talks with Cuban that lasted more than an hour Saturday, Nowitzki had some strategies laid out for him. And that was enough, although he didn't want to divulge precisely what the Mavericks have in mind.

He understands completely, however, that the idea is to win a title and if it doesn't happen in 2010-11, he pledges to be patient.

"To me, we got enough time here in four years to go for it," he said. "And if we shouldn't get anyone here this year [in a trade], we still got to leave it out there and go for it. And four years is a long time. We can make something happen eventually."

But this summer remains very intriguing, he said.

"There are some scenarios out there that would be very good for this organization," he said. "More than anything, I wanted to still know that we're still working on this. I didn't want to feel stuck with another 50 wins and a first-round exit. Obviously, you never know in this business. Sometimes you get something. Sometimes you don't. I just wanted a reassurance that we're going to try. I definitely needed to hear that from Mark's mouth."

That was why Nowitzki came to Dallas from Germany on Thursday. He thought this was important enough to do a face-to-face with Cuban, who has declined comment until Thursday when Nowitzki can officially sign the contract.

Nowitzki has been widely commended for his loyalty to the franchise. Not many players accept $16 million less than they could have earned to stay with the same team. But he said that loyalty runs both ways.

"Mark has been terrific to me," Nowitzki said. "The stuff he's helped me with, especially last year with all the stuff I went through. He's been more than an owner to me. We've had a friendship-type of relationship and Donnie [Nelson] has been great, too. It really was a no-brainer."

Not that there weren't temptations, of course. Nowitzki said free agency has been dominating his thoughts for months, even when he was on vacation with his family.

He kept coming back to the same problem.

"If somebody could tell me, 'you come next year and we'll win it,' obviously I would have looked at it very, very hard," Nowitzki said. "But nobody knows what's really going to happen and what's going on. So it felt great to me. This has been my new home for so long. Something unbelievable would have had to come up.

"Relieved is a good word. I can't even imagine LeBron going through this whole thing for two years, or Bosh being asked every other day for the last year. I'm so happy that it was only a couple days. That was already way, way enough for me."

In the end, his partnership with Cuban was an overriding factor. Nowitzki has never played for another NBA team, and he's committed that, for now, he wants to win a championship with Cuban in Dallas.

"From Day 1, we knew that me and Cubes would have to work at this together if we want to win," he said. "To me, it was never really about money. Obviously, I can't sell myself way short of market value. I can't do that. But other than that, I'm more than happy to help this organization and give it a chance to go to another level by bringing somebody else in. So we'll see what happens."
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #1398
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alykhan04 View Post
Haven't seen this posted yet...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.1d5901f.html

Nowitzki: Only LeBron or Wade could make the difference
11:36 PM CDT on Monday, July 5, 2010

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
esefko@dallasnews.com
Free agency fit Dirk Nowitzki like a hospital gown. He never felt comfortable and got out of it as fast as he could.

Nowitzki said Monday that he only needed to hear that the Mavericks are serious about upgrading the roster during the next four seasons, and that's why he agreed to a discounted contract with owner Mark Cuban during the weekend.

In his first interview since the sides hammered out the $80 million deal, Nowitzki talked at length about many topics, including the free-agent process and the Mavericks' strategies on moving forward. He also said making a big splash this summer isn't necessarily the only way to keep the window genuinely open to win an NBA championship.

The nine-time All-Star has learned plenty during the last few days. What he learned most was that free agency is "not fun."

"Obviously, a couple teams were interested," he said. "But it never really got to the point where I was ready to listen. My heart's here. To go through the whole process that everybody's going through, I don't like that. It was just weird. And to have two-hour presentations when I know I'm not really interested. I didn't see any sense in that. It didn't really get that far.

"When it was all said and done, to me, I feel like I started this thing here and after 12 years now, I feel like I got unfinished business here. I just wanted to not run away from something that's right there. I met with Cuban, and he said: 'You know we're all in this together.'

"And he's right. We started this and it wouldn't even feel right to go somewhere else and chase something that nobody can promise me."

That uncertainty played a big part in Nowitzki deciding quickly that Dallas is the right situation for him. He has seen all the scenarios involving Lincoln-ex Chris Bosh , Joe Johnson , Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer, among others.

But from Nowitzki's perch, there are only two players who could be added to the Mavericks' roster that would make the ultimate difference — LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

"I see it this way, if you don't get LeBron and you don't get Wade, are you going to give the max to somebody else and lock yourself in with a player who's not going to get you over the hump?" Nowitzki said. "You got to be a little careful with locking yourself into something with a max contract with somebody that's going to give you 55 wins, and you're still going to lose in the second or third round.

"So to me, if you could get Wade or LeBron, you got to go for it. But other than that, it's tough. You don't want to completely screw the organization over for four or five years if it's not going to put it over the top."

So, in talks with Cuban that lasted more than an hour Saturday, Nowitzki had some strategies laid out for him. And that was enough, although he didn't want to divulge precisely what the Mavericks have in mind.

He understands completely, however, that the idea is to win a title and if it doesn't happen in 2010-11, he pledges to be patient.

"To me, we got enough time here in four years to go for it," he said. "And if we shouldn't get anyone here this year [in a trade], we still got to leave it out there and go for it. And four years is a long time. We can make something happen eventually."

But this summer remains very intriguing, he said.

"There are some scenarios out there that would be very good for this organization," he said. "More than anything, I wanted to still know that we're still working on this. I didn't want to feel stuck with another 50 wins and a first-round exit. Obviously, you never know in this business. Sometimes you get something. Sometimes you don't. I just wanted a reassurance that we're going to try. I definitely needed to hear that from Mark's mouth."

That was why Nowitzki came to Dallas from Germany on Thursday. He thought this was important enough to do a face-to-face with Cuban, who has declined comment until Thursday when Nowitzki can officially sign the contract.

Nowitzki has been widely commended for his loyalty to the franchise. Not many players accept $16 million less than they could have earned to stay with the same team. But he said that loyalty runs both ways.

"Mark has been terrific to me," Nowitzki said. "The stuff he's helped me with, especially last year with all the stuff I went through. He's been more than an owner to me. We've had a friendship-type of relationship and Donnie [Nelson] has been great, too. It really was a no-brainer."

Not that there weren't temptations, of course. Nowitzki said free agency has been dominating his thoughts for months, even when he was on vacation with his family.

He kept coming back to the same problem.

"If somebody could tell me, 'you come next year and we'll win it,' obviously I would have looked at it very, very hard," Nowitzki said. "But nobody knows what's really going to happen and what's going on. So it felt great to me. This has been my new home for so long. Something unbelievable would have had to come up.

"Relieved is a good word. I can't even imagine LeBron going through this whole thing for two years, or Bosh being asked every other day for the last year. I'm so happy that it was only a couple days. That was already way, way enough for me."

In the end, his partnership with Cuban was an overriding factor. Nowitzki has never played for another NBA team, and he's committed that, for now, he wants to win a championship with Cuban in Dallas.

"From Day 1, we knew that me and Cubes would have to work at this together if we want to win," he said. "To me, it was never really about money. Obviously, I can't sell myself way short of market value. I can't do that. But other than that, I'm more than happy to help this organization and give it a chance to go to another level by bringing somebody else in. So we'll see what happens."

Now if we can only get Lebron to come to Dallas to complete this beautiful story
Old 07-06-2010, 01:05 AM   #1399
BGMaverick9
Guru

Dirk Nowitzki: "I feel like I got unfinished business here."

FTW

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-06-2010 at 01:10 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:07 AM   #1400
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Dirk Nowitzki: "I feel like I got unfinished business here"

FTW
I'm starting to wonder if the unfinished business includes showing Carlisle the exit door immediately

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...