Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #1361
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I don't think the Mavs have been mentioned with Pau since the first day of free agency.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #1362
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

@ChrisMannixSI: Paul Pierce's representatives have told teams Pierce is seeking a two-year contract in the $9-10 million per year range, per sources.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Skywalker; 07-08-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #1363
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

My hope is that we get Chandler Parsons - I am afraid Houston would match whatever offer we make. He is by far the player I want most on our Mavs.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #1364
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
@ChrisMannixSI: Paul Pierce's representatives have told teams Pierce is seeking a two-year contract in the $9-10 million per year range, per sources.
If for some reason we can't lure one of the better SF prizes this offseason, I think Pierce at $4-5MM/yr would be okay. TWICE that? No f'ing way. It'll be interesting to see if anyone bites. I'd rather take our chances on the trade market.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #1365
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
My hope is that we get Chandler Parsons - I am afraid Houston would match whatever offer we make. He is by far the player I want most on our Mavs.
I'm with you. Parsons, to me, fits the team the best of all non-Lebron/Melo options. I think we desperately need someone that can consistently hit big 3's. Obviously, a great defensive SF would be a nice thing to have, but I think we need outside shooting more than anything at this point.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #1366
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Good post.
Thanks!!!

I think the Mavs are waiting for Melo and LeBron to decide before they begin serious discussions with guys like Deng, Ariza, Parsons and Stephenson. I think they know they have no chance at Melo or LeBron so they are waiting to see the fall out after a lot of teams pay a premium for average to above average players.

A guy like Deng (or one of the others) may slip through the cracks with very few teams left with cap room to pay him what he is currently looking for so we may be able to sign him at a huge discount.
Isn't that basically how Ellis and Dalembert fell into our laps last season?

It is sort of like trading down in the draft when you know there's a good chance the guy you want all along will be there with a later pick.

And besides, it doesn't make any sense negotiating with someone telling them they are your second choice.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #1367
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:

I almost spit out my coffee when I read your post. That crack pipe must be getting around these days.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #1368
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I almost spit out my coffee when I read your post. That crack pipe must be getting around these days.
I keep watching that gif over and over and over and I can't figure out why the straw moves
Old 07-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #1369
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Pierce might get that kind of deal from the Nyets, but I just can't see anyone else offering that.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #1370
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

GTFO!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #1371
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Pierce might get that kind of deal from the Nyets, but I just can't see anyone else offering that.
Smart move would be to give him the ungodly one year salary of 18 million, a 2 million guarantee for the 2nd year, with another 16 million unguaranteed portion, with the team holding the right until 2 days after signing starts....Long live the Dust Chip.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #1372
VC25@dal

VC25@dal is on a distinguished road

I'm beginning to warm more and more up to the idea of ARIZA

Parsons is slow, not a great defender, might be uncomfortable as he seems to like his 'bros' in Houston; expensive. Good crafty scorer however and would fit decently.

Deng is old, extremely slow laterally; expensiveish, solid defender

Fat ass Pierce is wanting 10$ mil nuff said

Ariza is faster, more of an athlete, quicker, good defender, shot 40% from 3? Tenacious rebounder when he wants to be. Good guy. Good price. What more do you need at that position. That's like a younger marion but a less ugly shot.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #1373
VC25@dal

VC25@dal is on a distinguished road

plus we'd have more flexibility in getting another point guard and backup big
Old 07-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #1374
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure we're going to go into the season with an awesome roster, but the quiet is aggravating.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #1375
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

MY SF thoughts:

Screw waiting for Lebron or Melo. They ain't coming, and if they are, they need to say it right now. Mavs need to call them both and say "we're making a small forward deal tomorrow. If you want to be a part of it, say so now. We waited until now, but we will not miss out of getting Ariza or Deng. We will need one of them to shut you down next season, which we all know is the only time you're coming to Dallas anyway, in an opponents uniform."

Screw Parsons: Making a bid for a restricted guy means waiting 3 more days after contracts can be signed to see if Houston will match...which they will if they don't get Melo. Parsons is not enough better than Deng or Ariza to risk missing one of them. And I don't hear anyone talking about Melo going to Houston anymore. They might get Bosh, but I think we need to be negotiating while we wait. So....

On to Ariza and Deng. Both have flaws, and may not be as good a fit as Parsons, but they will be a significant upgrade over Marion, just in youth and athleticism. A younger, more athletic version of Marion should be good enough. It was good enough in 2011. Remember, the path to the championship runs through Kwai Leonard, Melo, KD and Lebron. Someone who can defend them is essential. Both Deng and Ariza are totally free agents. Over pay a little and get it done.

And without blowing 20 million on Melo, even if we gave a SF $12 million, the remaining cash could shore up the PG position and backup center. Get Mo for $2 million, and hire a personal trainer for Felton. I really would rather have a well stocked, well built team now, than try to piece one together after we give a free agent 18 million dollars. It was worth it to take a shot at Melo or Lebron. But they ain't coming here. Lets move on. Now.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #1376
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sure we're going to go into the season with an awesome roster, but the quiet is aggravating.
Love the enthusiasm!

Personally, I wouldn't mind the quite if I was as confident at you, EL.

Must spread rep

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #1377
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Today was incredibly disappointing. I know I know..... Patience and blah blah. I was convinced something was going down today by some misplaced "hunch". Batter up.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #1378
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Can Stevenson play the 3?
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #1379
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Today was incredibly disappointing. I know I know..... Patience and blah blah. I was convinced something was going down today by some misplaced "hunch". Batter up.
I don't think the first domino is going down until the 10th...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #1380
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Can Stevenson play the 3?
He can guard 1-3s. But is best suited for the 2.

The dude will battle anyone. (teammates? )

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #1381
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Any word on how the meeting with Mo went?
Old 07-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #1382
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Any word on how the meeting with Mo went?
I'm guessing it went somewhere along the lines of "very well"... just like every free agent meeting. Just like our meeting with Dwight last year and our meeting with Melo this year....

But hopefully Mo decides to come here for cheap, he'd be a nice weapon off the bench who can sperad the floor and hit big shots.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #1383
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Due to their guard logjam & payroll, Warriors are willing to help their free agent guard Jordan Crawford with sign and trade, a source said.

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Warriors free agent guard Jordan Crawford is receiving interest from Bulls, Mavs, Lakers, Knicks & Nets, the source said.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-08-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #1384
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Cool

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 7m
Warriors free agent guard Jordan Crawford is receiving interest from Bulls, Mavs, Lakers, Knicks & Nets, the source said.

Hmmmmmm
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #1385
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 7m
Warriors free agent guard Jordan Crawford is receiving interest from Bulls, Mavs, Lakers, Knicks & Nets, the source said.

Hmmmmmm
Do they want Felton? Oo

Actually..... I think I will just stick with Felton.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-08-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #1386
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I'd consider Crawford over Mo.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #1387
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

A 14 minute video (courtesy of "Draftexpress") of Chandler Parsons.
Breaking down the strengths and weaknesses of Rockets small forward Chandler Parsons.

Second half of the video really outlines his defensive deficiencies/focus and shooting inconsistencies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp8BhA8khvI

Also in their YouTube account is other 2014 free agents scouting 14~ minutes videos such as:

- LeBron James
- Carmelo Anthony
- Gordon Hayward
- Isaiah Thomas
- Lance Stephenson
- Greg Monroe
- Eric Bledsoe

EDIT: Some lazy defence by Hawyward and Parsons even though they are potential replacements for Marion.

Last edited by Cerberus; 07-08-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #1388
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I'm drawing a blank on Jordan crawford. Bench player? Better than felton or Mo?
Old 07-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #1389
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Bench role player. Primarily offensive shooting. Just like Mo.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #1390
sike
The Preacha

Lance's video is awesome. I so want him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npcj9WLml2M

Old 07-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #1391
Underdog

@tomhaberstroh: One thing this free agency has taught me: we are really bad at waiting.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #1392
yahyes
Banned

I so want a starting lineup of: Monta, Lance, Parsons, Dirk, and Tyson or Felton, Monta, Lebron, Dirk, and Tyson.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #1393
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #1394
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
A 14 minute video (courtesy of "Draftexpress") of Chandler Parsons.
Breaking down the strengths and weaknesses of Rockets small forward Chandler Parsons.

Second half of the video really outlines his defensive deficiencies/focus and shooting inconsistencies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp8BhA8khvI

Also in their YouTube account is other 2014 free agents scouting 14~ minutes videos such as:

- LeBron James
- Carmelo Anthony
- Gordon Hayward
- Isaiah Thomas
- Lance Stephenson
- Greg Monroe
- Eric Bledsoe

EDIT: Some lazy defence by Hawyward and Parsons even though they are potential replacements for Marion.
Watching Parsons tape has me convinced that he would be perfect in Dallas. The weaknesses are real, but I think Carlisle has a tremendous affect on him. Plus.. can you imagine two off seasons with Dirk working with him?Geeeez.

Defensive note: "Struggles with toughness and focus but has the tools."

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-08-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #1395
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Man, watching that video of Monroe... just, yeah. I really wish we would have made a play for him. tremendously excited to have Tyson back, but Monroe is such a great athlete.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #1396
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I really would like Dallas to get Pau. IMO, Dirk, Pau, Tyson would be the best front line in the league and all you would be looking for is defensive players at SF and backup PG.....especially if you resign Harris and Carter. Example: Bruce Bowen was not a top notch SF, but he could defend and shoot the 3 and has many championships because of it.

Control the front line, and heck, trade Wright for a defensive minded SF who can shoot the 3 and see what you can do. They should be able to find one, IMO.

I am all for full rebuild once Dirk actually retires so age is not that important.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #1397
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Watching Parsons tape has me convinced that he would be perfect in Dallas. The weaknesses are real, but I think Carlisle has a tremendous affect on him. Plus.. can you imagine two off seasons with Dirk working with him?Geeeez.

Defensive note: "Struggles with toughness and focus but has the tools."

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #1398
Underdog

@rick_bonnell: Gordon Hayward will sign a major offer sheet with the Hornets.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:03 AM   #1399
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I had to google him, too. I got the name confused with Jamal.

Still didn't recognize him when I saw his pics/stats. Dude isn't very efficient, though. Career 40.5% shooter who only shoots about 30% from three. Is he a defensive guy or just a really bad offensive/shooter?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:10 AM   #1400
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I had to google him, too. I got the name confused with Jamal.

Still didn't recognize him when I saw his pics/stats. Dude isn't very efficient, though. Career 40.5% shooter who only shoots about 30% from three. Is he a defensive guy or just a really bad offensive/shooter?
Not much to speak of defensively. He is not very efficient, your eyes do not deceive. He had a really good first half under Brad Stevens running some point before they shipped him off.

Also known as the guy who dunked on LeBron at his basketball camp or something. Tapes were confiscated, kerffufle ensued

At risk of lazy cliche comparison he is sort of poor mans Jamal Crawford

Last edited by mac222b; 07-09-2014 at 12:11 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
double post double post