Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-06-2010, 01:17 AM   #1401
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Some one, anyone... even if it's a F off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
What is TMac and his lazy eye worth?

Thats what I'm getting at. I surely don't know but I like a guy who feels like he has something to prove, that he can stay healthy and play at a level that can help the team. I wouldn't mind him at an affordable and reasonable rate. Decent wing player who can pass, create a little, he can handle the ball and play the SG position with a nice shot. He' isn't what he was obviously but if it's reasonable, I would love to have him, if Iggy and the last batch of upgrades left come up short. He has shown flashes and I wonder, what if he were with a better team; could he make a few steps up to where he used to be?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2010, 02:18 AM   #1402
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

That Dirk article got me pumped the hell up!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:29 AM   #1403
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to have Dirks babies.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #1404
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=3277
Simmons has a nice idea. Too bad that his posting of it is the kiss of death and Simmons is rarely right

Would you trade DUST, Butler, Kidd and Beaubois...

for Paul, Okafor and the offchance that Posey could have a decent season again?

Paul would give us an enormous star-quality PG that can penetrate
Okafor is a nice 10-10 guy that is a little small but a decent 4/5 that could play 5 here.

Okafor/Haywood(?)
Dirk/Eddie
Marion/Stevenson
Terry/Caroll/DoJo
Paul/JJB

I'd hate to give up Beaubois but if healthy, Paul is an allstar now while Beaubois' value might be as high as its going to get with the rookie mystique. He could be a starter but Paul is an allstar right now and he can penetrate/kick right now.

We'd be blowing DUST, Butler and Beaubois all in one bound but it addresses a few of our needs.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:41 AM   #1405
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Mavs interested in Shaq

Quote:
The Dallas Mavericks are one of three teams that have shown interest in acquiring future Hall-of-Fame center Shaquille O'Neal, according to a report by ESPN's Chris Broussard.

"O'Neal also has a close relationship with Dallas Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki," Broussard writes. "Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has long had interest in bringing O'Neal to Dallas, where he could conceivably help the Mavericks matchup better against the Lakers."

O'Neal is 38 years old. He played last season for Cleveland, after spending the first 17 seasons of his career playing for Orlando, Los Angeles , Miami and Phoenix.

According to Broussard, the Hawks and Celtics are also interested in signing 7-foot-1, 325-pound big man. All three teams are over the salary cap and would only be able to offer O'Neal the mid-level exception of $5.8 million per season, Broussard writes.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...110497a06.html

I don't think Shaq would be a bad fit on the Mavs since the Mavs like taking jump shots and don't drive to the paint, Shaq will have more room in the paint to work and look for open shooters.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:43 AM   #1406
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

The idea of taking Posey is simply because of his horrible contract helps NO in the future and now when it comes to the cap and luxery tax
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:47 AM   #1407
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I think the Hornets are gonna want the Mavs to take Peja bad contract also
Old 07-06-2010, 02:50 AM   #1408
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I want to have Dirks babies.
You can't have Dirk's babies, Rick.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:00 AM   #1409
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
You can't have Dirk's babies, Rick.
Blasphemy!

Old 07-06-2010, 03:37 AM   #1410
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
What a phag. First it's Chris "Both" and now he wants to see Iggy in a Mavs forum!
i think when he said "Chris Both" he was confusing him with the guy from Sex and the City. oh no, know i sound like a phag. wanna meet me at 9:30am for a game of one on one?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:51 AM   #1411
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=3277
Simmons has a nice idea. Too bad that his posting of it is the kiss of death and Simmons is rarely right

Would you trade DUST, Butler, Kidd and Beaubois...

for Paul, Okafor and the offchance that Posey could have a decent season again?

Paul would give us an enormous star-quality PG that can penetrate
Okafor is a nice 10-10 guy that is a little small but a decent 4/5 that could play 5 here.

Okafor/Haywood(?)
Dirk/Eddie
Marion/Stevenson
Terry/Caroll/DoJo
Paul/JJB

I'd hate to give up Beaubois but if healthy, Paul is an allstar now while Beaubois' value might be as high as its going to get with the rookie mystique. He could be a starter but Paul is an allstar right now and he can penetrate/kick right now.

We'd be blowing DUST, Butler and Beaubois all in one bound but it addresses a few of our needs.
what i like about this is it leaves us with the MLE for someone like Mike Miller or Raja Bell instead of another big man(if it got done soon, that is). and Peja certainly helps the team more if we have to take him back instead of Posey. but still thats an awful lot to give. tough call.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:15 AM   #1412
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's ready for the short and the long. He's the man.

Hope we can deliver for him.... I think the SnT dreams are expired and we now have to look at teams who want to shed salary. In my estimate, there's the home run strategy and the single-double strategy. Both are expensive.

1) Home run: Bringing in CP3 is like bringing in Wade/LBJ. As discussed by Simmons and others, we would use a combination of Roddy/Damp/Butler and more salary to get CP3 and some heavyweight contracts. The result: our top two would be better than anybody else's top two - this includes the Lakers' IMO (by a hair). The cast of Marion/Emeka/Kidd/JET/MLE would be sufficient. I think we still fall a little short, especially if the Lakers keep upgrading, but we would go to seven and have second-best Vegas odds. This represents a remarkably different direction we've gone for the last 6-odd years or so. We would have a bona-fide All-Star alongside Dirk, someone people might consider his equal or superior player. Depth would be solid but no clear third banana. It's a very Laker-strategy I think.

2) Singles/doubles: This is more in-line with our current strategy, admittedly probably by default as In-Their-Prime All-Stars aren't lining up the streets looking for work, of building around Dirk with "good" cast players who are clearly two-plus tiers below Dirk. The shift from the current strategy is that the Mavs get to go younger (guys who could still improve as opposed to regress) since our assets to trade are better. We would put the same list of assets (minus Roddy) to acquiring a couple of expensive under-30 misfits, which is also not a very long list. These would be guys like Iggy and Al Jefferson. I don't think there's a similar version to this strategy being implemented in the league (partially you are building around a top-7 guy but also because you are taking on loads of salary). We would have:

Kidd
Iggy
Marion
Dirk
Al
Bench: Roddy, JET, MLE

3) This isn't really a third point but it probably more like defense/pitching if I'm sticking to the baseball analogy. I don't think the team will do all three of the following:

1. Add expensive contracts via trade
2. MLE it out max-style
3. Resign Wood to his likely overpriced contract.

Just listening to Dirk's words, he seems weary of blowing so much cap space on a 30+ guy who's been a part-time starter. He seems to know Cuban won't add on 100M+ in salary. He's thinking four years and in my estimate, putting 40-60 million of Cuban's cash to paying Iggy/Al makes more sense than resigning Wood for 50+.

As an alternative to signing Haywood, assuming we've committed 50-60 million for Iggy/Al or CP3/junk, I like the idea of using the MLE for Jermaine O'Neal for 15million/2-3 years vs. Haywood for 5+ years.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 07-06-2010 at 06:24 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #1413
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some one, anyone... even if it's a F off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
What is TMac and his lazy eye worth?

Thats what I'm getting at. I surely don't know but I like a guy who feels like he has something to prove, that he can stay healthy and play at a level that can help the team. I wouldn't mind him at an affordable and reasonable rate. Decent wing player who can pass, create a little, he can handle the ball and play the SG position with a nice shot. He' isn't what he was obviously but if it's reasonable, I would love to have him, if Iggy and the last batch of upgrades left come up short. He has shown flashes and I wonder, what if he were with a better team; could he make a few steps up to where he used to be?
I would imagine McGrady's looking at taking someone BAE, or the league minimum. And he might be serviceable as a low end rotation player (think 8th or 9th guy off the bench), but I'm not real confident that his ego will allow him to play that role.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #1414
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Mavs interested in Shaq

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...110497a06.html

I don't think Shaq would be a bad fit on the Mavs since the Mavs like taking jump shots and don't drive to the paint, Shaq will have more room in the paint to work and look for open shooters.
Great to hear. I think he'd be a good fit in a secondary (15-20 minutes a game role) and gives us a little more leverage in dealing with Haywood and DUST.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #1415
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default Suns looking to work S&T for Amare

Apparently Phoenix is wanting to get at least something in return for Amare. Could this bolster Dallas' chances at working a S&T for an All-Star? No one wants to be the first team to trade away their star, but if Phoenix does it here that may break the ice and get things rolling. Something to think about.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._with_knicks/#

Quote:
Suns Want To Work Amar'e Sign-And-Trade With Knicks

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz0suMzL2Aa

The Suns may try to get something out of Amar'e Stoudemire's departure after all.

The Arizona Republic is reporting that Phoenix is working to use Stoudemire's rights in a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks.

Stoudemire agreed to a five-year, $99.7 million deal with New York on Monday.

Phoenix could receive a trade exception in a sign-and-trade with New York worth up to $17 million, unless they take back a player like free-agent David Lee.

The Suns would have to use a part of the trade exception in a sign-and-trade with Chicago in order to finalize their four-year, $18 million agreement with Hakim Warrick.

"If we can do something to help Phoenix, we will," Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, said.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz0suMHz4t6

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 07-06-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #1416
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

LBJ or Wade will be playing for dallas this season.

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #1417
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
LBJ Nor Wade will be playing for dallas this season.
FYP
Old 07-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #1418
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Bosh-LBJ in Cleveland would scare Wade into a Mavs Jersey. That would certainly be better for him than adding Boozer to Miami.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #1419
Thomas86
Golden Member

If the Mavs are offered Beasley and Jermaine O'neal for Haywood then the Mavs should do it, I think with all the vets on the Mavs and getting away for that Miami night life would help Beasley, I thought Stevenson was gonna come to the Mavs and raise hell but he didn't and that might have been due to Kidd and Dirk leadership.

Last edited by Thomas86; 07-06-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #1420
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
If the Mavs are offered Beasley and Jermaine O'neal for Haywood then the Mavs should do it, I think with all the vets on the Mavs and getting away for that Miami night life would help Beasley, I thought Stevenson was gonna come to the Mavs and raise hell but he didn't and that might have been due to Kidd and Dirk leadership.

No way.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #1421
Thomas86
Golden Member

Quote:
No way.

Ok let's see if Cuban will pay Haywood 10 Mill a year.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #1422
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Dirk just saved Cuban $4mil/year.

If Haywood is worth $6mil/year, then paying him $10mil/year is doable (and for all we know, that might be EXACTLY why Dirk took less money...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #1423
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:

Dampier is loling at you.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #1424
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

So you want to take a legit starter at center and trade him for two guys that are barely worth a damn and can't start at center. Beasley is seemingly as bad as Jho and Oneal is hobbled by injury, doesn't rebound and can't play defense that well.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #1425
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you want to take a legit starter at center and trade him for two guys that are barely worth a damn and can't start at center. Beasley is seemingly as bad as Jho and Oneal is hobbled by injury, doesn't rebound and can't play defense that well.
If you're having to overpay Haywood (over the 10 million range), then you're next best option is to find more pieces for a trade. They could certainly do a lot worse than JO and Beasley.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #1426
SMC0007
Guru

maybe, but they could better. That seems like it is creating more problems.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #1427
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Beasley is 21. Let's tap the breaks on saying he's not that good. He was a beast in college and has about 7-8 years to go before he even enters his prime.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #1428
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Beasley is 21. Let's tap the breaks on saying he's not that good. He was a beast in college and has about 7-8 years to go before he even enters his prime.
Not sure how to tap the BREAKS but 28-29 is a late prime.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #1429
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree...but wonder what position he plays in the NBA. And what role he would serve for the Mavs...with Marion, Dirk, and Butler all needing big minutes, I'm not sure where he get his.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #1430
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Um, 28-29 is not late prime. 31 is late prime... and I'm more worried about 5 years from now than 10. Heck, if we got him now we probably wouldn't have him 10 years from now.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #1431
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I agree...but wonder what position he plays in the NBA. And what role he would serve for the Mavs...with Marion, Dirk, and Butler all needing big minutes, I'm not sure where he get his.
I might have had the wrong idea but I've heard he's got the frame to play the Small and Power Forward, so that is where my suggestion came from to have him play behind Marion. If that is the case, he can clearly get minutes as Dirk's backup and Marion's backup. I have no idea how the styles would mesh: Dirk and Beasley and Beasley and Marion.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #1432
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For a "win-now" team like the Mavs, I'd say this fact weighs heavier as a reason NOT to pull the trigger...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-06-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #1433
BGMaverick9
Guru

It's debatable on whether or not adding Beasley to your bench improves the team, but if he does then that makes the team better...which is the ultimate goal (no matter if you're playing to win now or playing for the future).
Old 07-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #1434
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
It's debatable on whether or not adding Beasley to your bench improves the team, but if he does then that makes the team better...which is the ultimate goal (no matter if you're playing to win now or playing for the future).
I think it becomes less of a debate when you consider the cost - I'd rather overpay Haywood than trade him for ill-fitting spare parts...

Old 07-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #1435
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think it becomes less of a debate when you consider the cost - I'd rather overpay Haywood than trade him for ill-fitting spare parts...
At the risk of him being Damp 2.0 within this season?
Old 07-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #1436
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
For a "win-now" team like the Mavs, I'd say this fact weighs heavier as a reason NOT to pull the trigger...
True, but I didn't suggest that the Mavs should take him. I don't want him at all. Just saying we shouldn't act like he's a lost cause. I disagree with some of the sentiments (some of which are in the other thread) that he's already a bust or nearing that point. He's got some real psychological issues, but he still has the potential to be a very nice player one day. Of course, that means little to us, since we're in win-now mode. Just thought I'd defend the kid a bit.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-06-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #1437
LonghornDub

Quote:
28-29 is not late prime. That's ridiculous.

Embarrassing on the "breaks" thing. Good catch.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #1438
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I bet Cuban promised Dirk the moon...and I bet he'll do his darndest to deliver THIS off season...

Historically (other than the Kidd move) our FO does things in a very sneaky way...I'm hoping that all this quite is a good sign.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #1439
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
At the risk of him being Damp 2.0 within this season?
Yep.

I didn't say that overpaying Haywood was a GOOD option, just a BETTER option than taking on Jermaine O'Neal and Michael Beasley because we don't need either of them (I actually think Damp is a better option than JO...)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-06-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #1440
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
28-29 is not late prime. That's ridiculous.

Embarrassing on the "breaks" thing. Good catch.
NBA players as you said "entering" their prime at 28-29 is late at best. Especially for a pot head who was a great college player. You want a guy to enter his prime 25-26 and hope it last to 31-32.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...