Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #1441
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I know everyone loves to hate LA, but this will not prevent them from signing a max if one is available. Pelinka/Griffin aren’t not going to communicate and then just screw over the other on a technicality. A little trust goes into deals like this.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #1442
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm sure the Lakers could create a max slot if they got a commitment. Don't see this as big news.
LOL, the Lakers only have 5 players on their roster now, and cutting Wagner and Bonga only saves them about $3.5m (they’re still paying Deng $5m after stretching him)... It’s literally impossible to clear the space unless NO does them a solid, which they won’t.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:51 PM   #1443
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I know everyone loves to hate LA, but this will not prevent them from signing a max if one is available. Pelinka/Griffin aren’t not going to communicate and then just screw over the other on a technicality. A little trust goes into deals like this.
Why would NO hand a conference rival the ability to sign a third max FA on top of giving them AD? Especially when those draft picks are tied to the Lakers success? And especially-especially after AD and Rich Paul held NO’s feet to the fire?? I see zero motivation for the Pelicans to help a team who colluded to steal their franchise player any further than they already have. Let the Lakers burn.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-16-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:57 PM   #1444
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You may forgot that Pelinka is the GM of the franchise that strongarmed the Pelicans with use of blackmail into trading Davis to the Lakers in the first place. Pelinka was part of the braintrust that destroyed Davis trade value for any other destination.

Pelinka was also the GM who tried to ridiculous lowball the Pelicans before the trade deadline because he thought they have the pelicans by the balls.

Griffin owns Pelinka nothing, specially trust. I really think Pelinka dropped the ball here because he (and the rest of the Lakers FO) simply suck. Griffin maybe even realized it and it was a part of his trade evaluation.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-16-2019 at 01:57 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:06 PM   #1445
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Pelicans shopping #4. If they agree to delay the trade into late june, the player couldnt play in the SL. And i think the potential team who is trading for #4 is going to demand that the trade wont get delayed so their guy can play in the SL.

Quote:

Although the Pelicans are open to working with the Lakers and delaying the trade, it’s unlikely that will happen, according to multiple people familiar with their thinking. New Orleans’ priority will be to make the fourth pick as attractive as possible to another team.

It’s likely that whatever team they trade the fourth pick to will want the player in their building as quickly as possible, and will want him to play at the Las Vegas Summer League, which will be held July 5-15. If the Pelicans opt to keep the pick, they might also want him to participate in Summer League.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:12 PM   #1446
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

We also don’t know if there was any verbal agreement tied into the trade. Pure speculation at this point, but I do agree that it wouldn’t make sense to intentionally make a super team out of a conference rival.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we should be committed to Julius Randle. What kind of contract do we think he will command?

Stylistically, he makes sense as he will play the 4 on defense and 5 on offense. Seems like a natural solid pair with KP.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:55 PM   #1447
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Stylistically, he makes sense as he will play the 4 on defense and 5 on offense. Seems like a natural solid pair with KP.
He definitely makes sense on offense. He gives you inside points, firepower, better transition movement and he is a much improved long-range threat as of last season. He is also an exceptional rebounder for his size.

Most experts point to his man defense as a weakness. Defense has become a weird metric for teams, so I can't say anymore what "good" is on defense. Patrick Beverley is the only person these days who is a defensive one-on-one nightmare, and I can actually see it in a game. Everyone else is managing some sort of team defense, and I don't know anymore how teams measure it.

Randall has a motor, and may be perfectly adequate on defense in the right system. Given his history in Dallas, he may be more "get-able" than other free agents. If the Mavs don't go after him, then they probably know something. Either his defense is too weak, or they are looking for someone with more maturity.

Just about every free agent has flaws. It's a matter of "can you cover the flaws" and does the player meet the needs of offensive firepower for this team.

Last edited by JJP; 06-16-2019 at 04:56 PM.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #1448
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
He definitely makes sense on offense. He gives you inside points, firepower, better transition movement and he is a much improved long-range threat as of last season. He is also an exceptional rebounder for his size.

Most experts point to his man defense as a weakness. Defense has become a weird metric for teams, so I can't say anymore what "good" is on defense. Patrick Beverley is the only person these days who is a defensive one-on-one nightmare, and I can actually see it in a game. Everyone else is managing some sort of team defense, and I don't know anymore how teams measure it.

Randall has a motor, and may be perfectly adequate on defense in the right system. Given his history in Dallas, he may be more "get-able" than other free agents. If the Mavs don't go after him, then they probably know something. Either his defense is too weak, or they are looking for someone with more maturity.

Just about every free agent has flaws. It's a matter of "can you cover the flaws" and does the player meet the needs of offensive firepower for this team.
Id love to have him depending on cost and ability to have cap room for a wing
Old 06-16-2019, 07:57 PM   #1449
Underdog

Speaking of Randle, he just officially became available...

@ShamsCharania: Pelicans‘ Julius Randle is not picking up his $9M player option for next season and will enter unrestricted free agency, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Randle is coming off his best NBA season (21.4 PPG, 8.7 RPG, 34.4 percent from 3-point range on 195 attempts).

Old 06-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #1450
Underdog

@rick_bonnell: Kemba said Thursday that while Hornets are his first priority, he intends to meet with other teams before deciding. Lakers and Mavericks both have intriguing pitches to make him.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:26 PM   #1451
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Randle is more versatile offensively than people think. He can shoot and play on the perimeter as well. I like the fit with him because of that. It’s obvious that we aren’t going to be a defensive minded team, might as well beat the other team into submission offensively.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:52 PM   #1452
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Randle is more versatile offensively than people think. He can shoot and play on the perimeter as well. I like the fit with him because of that. It’s obvious that we aren’t going to be a defensive minded team, might as well beat the other team into submission offensively.
I agree, but I'm not as optimistic about getting him with Powell extended.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:46 AM   #1453
pocman

pocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Also, his "bruiser" style of play would probably help to protect a bit KP (as other teams will need to put their most physical guys on Randle, and Randle offense will surely "wear them off").
pocman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:38 AM   #1454
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

If you're pessimistic about the Mavs getting someone in free agency, I'd advise you to listen to Isaac on LockedOn today. He seems VERY positive. Says the next three weeks will be "fun" and that fans will be even more confident than today.

Not that he has true "sources", but talks to people a lot of course. Seems like many feel the Mavs have positioned themselves well and have a great strategic plan how to approach the off-season.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:53 AM   #1455
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
If you're pessimistic about the Mavs getting someone in free agency, I'd advise you to listen to Isaac on LockedOn today. He seems VERY positive. Says the next three weeks will be "fun" and that fans will be even more confident than today.

Not that he has true "sources", but talks to people a lot of course. Seems like many feel the Mavs have positioned themselves well and have a great strategic plan how to approach the off-season.
I don't think anyone is pessimistic about the Mavs being able to sign a FA. The caliber of player, and how that player fits our overall strategy and chemistry is where the concern lies.

I still say we should throw a ridiculous offer at Brogdon and see if it sticks.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:42 AM   #1456
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I don't think anyone is pessimistic about the Mavs being able to sign a FA. The caliber of player, and how that player fits our overall strategy and chemistry is where the concern lies.

I still say we should throw a ridiculous offer at Brogdon and see if it sticks.
Imho there's more though. Feels like there's a distinct plan that has a very high likelihood of actually happening and won't include one of the current high buzz/rumor guys (Kemba, D-Lo, etc.). If I had to bet, I'd throw some money on one of the Phila dudes (Harris, Butler).

Brogdon would make sense too, but only if the Mavs knew that Milwaukee is very unlikely to match. There's some chatter about the fact that the Bucks are not interested in being a taxplayer for too long, but still hard to envision that they won't keep the core together. Kawhi will be gone and the only emerging team might be the Nets. They are the overwhelming favorite to win the East.

Last edited by j0Shi; 06-17-2019 at 06:47 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #1457
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Damn really was hoping for Kemba...solid dude. If Im him, I go straight to LA though. Lebron/AD/Kemba gets you to the WCF barring injury now that GS is out of the picture.

DAngelo?
My thoughts exactly. I was really silently hoping for Kemba. What a great problem to have working to fit him in with Luka and KP. :-( I guess the up side is that I don't foresee the Lakers window for contention to be more than 3 years max IF they get another star. Lebron is on the downhill, Glassthony Davis will be on and off the court, so they definitely need another stud who can stay healthy.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:13 AM   #1458
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@rick_bonnell: Kemba said Thursday that while Hornets are his first priority, he intends to meet with other teams before deciding. Lakers and Mavericks both have intriguing pitches to make him.
Shoot me.

Nothing is more stupid than taking meetings and dragging it out when everyone tampers the shit out of it the weeks before.

Whats the point of a meeting with the Lakers? His agent is going to tell him the contract numbers they can offer. "here, thats the numbers + lebron + AD".

Or a Mavs meeting. "Max offer + Luka + KP + Rick + stable franchise".

duuuuh
Old 06-17-2019, 11:46 AM   #1459
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Shoot me.

Nothing is more stupid than taking meetings and dragging it out when everyone tampers the shit out of it the weeks before.

Whats the point of a meeting with the Lakers? His agent is going to tell him the contract numbers they can offer. "here, thats the numbers + lebron + AD".

Or a Mavs meeting. "Max offer + Luka + KP + Rick + stable franchise".

duuuuh
After reading that the Lakers probably won't be able to offer Kemba a max offer, I'm giving the Mavs a 50/50 shot at signing him.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #1460
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Brooklyn renounces Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. I wouldn’t mind having him for 3 million per year. Better than DFS.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:56 PM   #1461
sefant77
Guru

He is getting at least 5m

Could be a plan b together with Beverley and Dedmon.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #1462
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Meh, maybe as a 4th addition or so, not sure what he brings? Shooting is atrocious.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:14 PM   #1463
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Meh, maybe as a 4th addition or so, not sure what he brings? Shooting is atrocious.
Defends four positions
Old 06-17-2019, 03:37 PM   #1464
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Defends four positions
Eddie Najera 2.0
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:53 PM   #1465
sefant77
Guru

a more sucking Marcus Smart
Old 06-17-2019, 04:18 PM   #1466
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs531 View Post
What is there to talk about? Vuc has had 1 good game in this series with the other 3 totaling rebounds of 5, 6, and 8. You want THAT production in the playoffs next to KP??? Why? Not only that, his whole game has been terrible. Pretty evident to me, not stupid at all. Any true basketball fan would see how timid he is out there right now in games where it counts.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
Oh, which games don't count? Regular season games? Teams should just skip those, then?

And you base a player's entire value on 4 games? What if I picked 4 other games, where he had monster nights?
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #1467
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
We absolutely should not overpay for a traditional center. Guys like Gasol, Horford, Valanciunas, Ed Davis, Javale McGee, etc. should all be available and we should explore whichever one of them is cheapest to pair with Pat Bev and a wing (Brogdon, who may be odd man out due to cost because of emergence of Sterling Brown).
The value of centers seems to be changing in today's NBA. Previously, if you were 6'10"+, and had a decent game or two, teams would shower you with money. That's not happening any more. So, yes, we should be careful and not overspend.

Gasol is a perfect example.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #1468
Underdog

Quote:
Brooklyn renounces Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. I wouldn’t mind having him for 3 million per year. Better than DFS.

Old 06-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #1469
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
The value of centers seems to be changing in today's NBA. Previously, if you were 6'10"+, and had a decent game or two, teams would shower you with money. That's not happening any more. So, yes, we should be careful and not overspend.

Gasol is a perfect example.
I agree, but let's keep this in mind. Valanciunas was traded for Gasol for probably just one reason.... Gasol can space the floor with his consistent outside shooting. And it was a good call by Toronto.

I am of the opinion that the Mavs are a team going in this direction. That is the future for a lot of teams, and Carlisle-Mavs is no exception . That's why Valanciunas will not be an ideal fit for teams like the Mavs, while Vucevic might be. It's not always about individual metrics.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:16 PM   #1470
JJP

Just to follow up the above idea, it now appears that the Bucks are tying to unload Ersan IIyasova for a draft pick. They need more cap space.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/06/...-cap-room.html

IIyasova is 32, so the Mavs wouldn't want him except to finish out his contract in 2021. But if anyone watched the Bucks in the playoff games, you know what this guy brings to the table. He's a big guy who shoots a terrific 36% 3-point shot (and he shoots it a lot). He plays about 20 minutes a night - and is the backup PF for the Bucks.

In this Mavs scenario, Maybe Powell starts and IIyasova is a backup big man. Either way, you've added a mobile big man who spaces the floor... and you get him, hopefully, for nothing more than a 2nd round draft pick and maybe some cash.

These are the kind of moves that make sense for Dallas (even if this exact move never happens). They aren't sexy moves, but I would much rather see a move like this than try to imagine a player for pick #37 - a player who probably won't make it out of the G league.

Last edited by JJP; 06-17-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #1471
Melonhead
Guru

Beverly will be meeting with at least 5 teams. So we might have to put to rest him on the roster as a foregone conclusion as some posters assume.

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-17-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Melonhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #1472
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Beverly will be meeting with at least 5 teams. So we might have to put to rest him on the roster as a foregone conclusion as some posters assume.
Need a cartoon to get him here. Worked well for Howard.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:20 PM   #1473
Melonhead
Guru

Throwing out shooters for smaller contracts, what about Jeremy Lamb
Old 06-17-2019, 06:20 PM   #1474
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Any player looking for their big payday can be marked off our list. Especially anyone who isn't top tier.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:44 PM   #1475
JJP

Quote:
Statistically, he's an upgrade for several current Mavericks, and his contract is nice. He'd be a good rotation player. Certainly better than Hardaway.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #1476
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Any player looking for their big payday can be marked off our list. Especially anyone who isn't top tier.
There's more money than FAs this summer, so EVERYONE is looking for a payday... Gonna be a lot of overpays this offseason.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:28 PM   #1477
mavs531

mavs531 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I would love that!

mavs531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:43 PM   #1478
mavs531

Calling it right now. Randle's coming home. Originally didn't think it'd be a great fit but who am I kidding? I was thinking we needed a big physical player to play the 5 so that Porzing could play the 4 with less physicality than playing the 5. Nowadays however it's positionless basketball and Dallas born Randle is the perfect example of that type of player and one you want on your team! He can dribble, he's not your average big man. He scores at will and is still very young. And he does fill the need of more physicality regardless of the fact that he's not 7 foot. He's so physical and could take so much off of Porzing. I'm getting excited about this. I feel like we have a shot at either Randle or D-Lo. I'm thinking it's Randle. He did just decline his option making him a free agent. Hes coming off a career year and I think he really showed what he can do.

Last edited by mavs531; 06-17-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:58 PM   #1479
mavs531

Quote:
Definitely agree. Like this post a lot.

Old 06-18-2019, 12:00 AM   #1480
mavs531

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
Also, his "bruiser" style of play would probably help to protect a bit KP (as other teams will need to put their most physical guys on Randle, and Randle offense will surely "wear them off").
Exactly! This makes him a great fit for us. And the fact that he isn't just some undersized big man that stays in the paint. Randle can move around as well and help space the floor.

Tags
win now