Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #1481
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
Sorry, as I said to TY who tried to take the blame for starting the Cowboys thread - this one isn't on us as fans. This one is on dumbness.
Dumbness, low IQ, stupidity -- plenty of blame to go around from that game.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #1482
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to the Tigers tonight. They couldn't seem to catch the ball, field the ball, pick up the ball, etc...

And if Leyland still wants to bitch about a marginal solo home run after surrendering 11 runs total...well, too damn bad. I thought it was foul, personally, but it doesn't really matter when you win by 7.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #1483
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Looked foul to me too but it was hard to call and to reverse an ump's decision there has to be evidence that he was wrong.

Down to 10 for the magic number and up to a 9 game lead. Take that Mark Ellis.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:17 AM   #1484
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Fun game tonight. We were sloppy in the first few innings, which is why of the four runs Holland allowed, only one was earned. But then our bats got going. We scored four runs on the first six pitches of the 7th inning. If that's not some kind of record, then it's gotta be close.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:03 AM   #1485
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?af...ic_id&c_id=mlb

Old 09-15-2010, 02:16 AM   #1486
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Rangers open the 2011 season at home vs the Red Sox on April 1st.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...d.248cedd.html
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.2a5382f.html

We also play in Atlanta June 17-19. That is the weekend just before my birthday. So I'd probably go to one of those.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #1487
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Very nice.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #1488
mavspwnage
Golden Member

I just bought my playoff tickets!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #1489
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

You ready to affirmatively say that the Rangers will be in the playoffs yet, Flaco? Or still need a little more time?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #1490
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

My magic eight ball says...

"DEFINITELY MAYBE!"
Old 09-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #1491
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rangers open the 2011 season at home vs the Red Sox on April 1st.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...d.248cedd.html
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.2a5382f.html

We also play in Atlanta June 17-19. That is the weekend just before my birthday. So I'd probably go to one of those.
That's kinda a shame. The Rangers would have had a great draw opening weekend regardless. So they're kinda wasting a huge draw later in the year by playing the Red Sox on the 1st.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #1492
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
That's kinda a shame. The Rangers would have had a great draw opening weekend regardless. So they're kinda wasting a huge draw later in the year by playing the Red Sox on the 1st.
I didn't think of that, but you are 100% correct. Even though the 2nd and 3rd games of the series don't attract as good of a crowd, the home opener is jam packed regardless of who we are playing. I've never been to a home opener before. I would love for 2011 to be my first.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #1493
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Guys, don't worry about attendance. Playoff success will breed attendance hikes for next year.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #1494
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just bought my playoff tickets!
Are you a season ticket holder? Or did you get the password from someone who is?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #1495
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Are you a season ticket holder? Or did you get the password from someone who is?
I am a mini plan holder, of the 16 game variety. So technically I am a season ticket holder by their definition. I got the password via email a few days ago. But passwords can only be used once. The second you use it, it becomes null and you can't use it again.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #1496
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am a mini plan holder, of the 16 game variety. So technically I am a season ticket holder by their definition. I got the password via email a few days ago. But passwords can only be used once. The second you use it, it becomes null and you can't use it again.
Yeah I knew that. I just knew there were people at LSB giving theirs away today.

I have a password for tomorrow morning, I'll be interested to see what's available.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #1497
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

anybody have a link to the game?
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #1498
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't want to say this too soon guys, but I'm starting to think this team could make the playoffs. #bitsarefun
Old 09-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #1499
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Sloppy game, but one more win.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 09-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #1500
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

HORRIBLE defense, but our offense is finally playing up to potential so it didn't matter. Soon to be 8 for the magic number if KC can hold on.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #1501
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Got me a claw shirt tonight.

PS- A's just lost...

Old 09-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #1502
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Magic Number:

Old 09-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #1503
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

From 12 to 8 in two days. very nice.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:33 AM   #1504
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Greatness!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #1505
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The defense has been terrible as of late...but, gotta like the winning streak.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #1506
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I have now purchased my tickets for the first home game. Today is a good day.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #1507
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Is the general consensus still that we'd prefer the Rays over the Yankees?

Old 09-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #1508
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Is the general consensus still that we'd prefer the Rays over the Yankees?
I was wondering that myself... Part of me thought maybe the Yanks were taking it easy, but that sweep let Tampa Bay catch them.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #1509
Murphy3
Guru

I like the Rangers chances against the Yankees especially with two stud lefties in Lee and Wilson.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #1510
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

All other things being equal I think I'd rather play the Yankees. But playing the first two games in Yankee Stadium in October concerns me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #1511
LonghornDub

Quote:
I like the Rangers chances against the Yankees especially with two stud lefties in Lee and Wilson.
My concern is that I'm not sure any of the other pitchers can pull down a W, but I guess I'd have the same concern with the Rays.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #1512
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Doesn't matter whether it is the Yanks or Rays -- give me playoff baseball, and some more winning.

You have to go through the best to be the best -- and this Rangers team stands the chance to be the best (if everything falls right).

They at least have the talent and pitching all together for this season anyway.

Last edited by dalmations202; 09-16-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #1513
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
My concern is that I'm not sure any of the other pitchers can pull down a W, but I guess I'd have the same concern with the Rays.
I think the schedule would set itself up to where Lee and Wilson could pitch 4 of the 5 games, but I'm not sure. And hell, I like Cobra Lewis as a #3 quite a bit.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #1514
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I think the schedule would set itself up to where Lee and Wilson could pitch 4 of the 5 games, but I'm not sure. And hell, I like Cobra Lewis as a #3 quite a bit.
well..if you're willing to throw Lee on 3 days rest.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #1515
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I've been talkin all year that the best match-up for the Rangers is the Yankees.

Long and short, the Rangers can hit the Yankee Pitching and they appear to be able to slow down, or even shut down the Yankee hitting.

Meanwhile when you look at the Rays, or for that matter the Twins...the Rangers struggle hitting those two teams, and needless to say...the pitching appears to go on a tail spin.

The best comparison I can come up with, is that the Rangers might be to the Yankees what the Warriors were to the Mavs, just a few short years ago.

But then again, it could be fools gold as we build a false sense of security in our love for the Rangers.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #1516
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I am now in possession of a ticket for the second home game as well. I will be one sad panda if we get swept.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-16-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #1517
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
I am now in possession of a ticket for the second home game as well. I will be one sad panda if we get swept.
Awesome. I hope not too. Especially for your sake now. Though, I still think anything above and beyond making the playoffs is just gravy.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #1518
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe like this?

tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #1519
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Bleah.

This is frustrating.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:58 PM   #1520
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

This might be the best pitching performance I've ever seen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Tags
americas sucktime, blindhomerparade, cadban knows dick, feldman=failman, flaco=ultimate pessimist, fluffy blows so harden, magic # = 0, playoff bound