Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #1481
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Gasol's passing in the post is truly a thing of beauty.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #1482
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Ron Ron just destroying the Suns so far. That buzzer beater really got him going I guess.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #1483
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Ron Ron just destroying the Suns so far. That buzzer beater really got him going I guess.
Could be. It also helps that the Suns keep leaving him wide open.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #1484
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Despite what I said about Gasol's passing, he has really sucked tonight. I know the Suns are playing zone, but that's no excuse for Pau to be such a non-factor.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #1485
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Kobe freaking Bryant.... I've honestly lost count of how many times I've said "oh sh*t" out loud after his shots tonight. Seriously, those shots have no business going in.

That man can definitely control what the ball do.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #1486
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Did you guys catch Nash crying? Wow...I'm sure you can find a video in a couple hours...it's going to go viral soon.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:45 AM   #1487
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

For a player that sucks Derek Fisher has an uncanny knack for making big shots in the playoffs.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:17 AM   #1488
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers-Celtics Finals?

Thats original...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:30 AM   #1489
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Lakers-Celtics Finals?

Thats original...
The Lakers have gone to the finals 31 times in 64 NBA seasons. Think about that for a second.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-30-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #1490
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I think I hate sports.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #1491
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

I will be able to watch most of the finals, but this matchup is boring.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #1492
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
I will be able to watch most of the finals, but this matchup is boring.
How is this matchup boring? It is one of THE rivalries in sports. It is the two best teams facing off. And the best player in the NBA is also involved. The atmosphere and play will be intense. I´m looking forward to it.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #1493
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
Did you guys catch Nash crying? Wow...I'm sure you can find a video in a couple hours...it's going to go viral soon.
I felt really bad for Nash after that. The dude put his entire heart into this series, but still came up short. I hope he is somehow able to still get a title once it's all said and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel View Post
How is this matchup boring? It is one of THE rivalries in sports. It is the two best teams facing off. And the best player in the NBA is also involved. The atmosphere and play will be intense. I´m looking forward to it.
Even though a Magic-Suns Finals would have been more entertaining (two fast-paced teams, 3s, high scoring games, etc.), this series shouldn't disappoint. The atmosphere will definitely be more intense in the Celtics-Lakers Finals than it would have been in a Magic-Suns Finals.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #1494
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Even though a Magic-Suns Finals would have been more entertaining (two fast-paced teams, 3s, high scoring games, etc.), this series shouldn't disappoint. The atmosphere will definitely be more intense in the Celtics-Lakers Finals than it would have been in a Magic-Suns Finals.
I'll take a Lakers-Celtics finals over a Magic-Suns finals every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #1495
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers-Celtics, that's fine and all, but let's get down to the important stuff: Everybody please take a moment to preemptively thank chum for padding the d-m.com trust fund by $10.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-30-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #1496
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hm, yes, you are right here. I wanted to say, that it would be more interesting ( for me ) to watch some other teams compete instead of BOS-LAL again.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #1497
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Lakers-Celtics, that's fine and all, but let's get down to the important stuff: Everybody please take a moment to preemptively thank chum for padding the d-m.com trust fund by $10.

Debt has been paid. Good bet, buddy. It should have gone the other way!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #1498
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Debt has been paid. Good bet, buddy. It should have gone the other way!!
I wish for Nash's sake it had.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #1499
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Am I an evil person if I hope Nash retires without a ring?
Old 05-31-2010, 01:38 PM   #1500
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Hm, yes, you are right here. I wanted to say, that it would be more interesting ( for me ) to watch some other teams compete instead of BOS-LAL again.
I actually agree somewhat. But that´s a general problem with the NBA and the way it does business. This is also the reason why the NFL is the best professional sports league world wide (and I´m saying that despite being a huge soccer fan too, but the european soccer leagues are pretty much cemented with the same teams competing each year).

The matchup Boston LA should be a good one though.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #1501
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.yoursportstake.com/NBA/NB...INALSPREV.html

It's a must read, if I say so myself
Old 06-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #1502
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Read some one on board was interested in getting Beasley, looks like he's being tossed around as salary reduction.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/6/2/14...wn-dooling-for

Quote:
Share Did Thorn Turn Down Dooling for Beasley?
by Net Income on Jun 2, 2010 2:12 PM EDT 116 comments

More photos » Issac Baldizon - NBAE/Getty Images .

Browse more photos »
Jason Smith of ESPN Radio's "NBA Today" podcast reports that an NBA general manager told him the Heat offered Michael Beasley to the Nets for Keyon Dooling and "Rod Thorn turned them down". Smith described Thorn's decision as yet another indication of how badly the Heat want to get rid of Beasley.

However, a look at the two teams' salary structures show that it may be more about cap space. Beasley is scheduled to make $4,962,240 next season while Dooling is only owed a $500,000 buyout on his $3,828,000. The Nets have a team option on Dooling exercisable June 29. So taking on Beasley would have reduced the Nets' cap space by nearly $4.5 million. It would have made the Heat much more competitive in free agency this summer as well, giving them more than $25 million to spend...as well as Dwyane Wade.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #1503
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to admit this... but I am 100% rooting for Boston in the finals. As much as I hate them...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #1504
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD796H08J7w

Oh Ron Ron
Old 06-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #1505
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Read some one on board was interested in getting Beasley, looks like he's being tossed around as salary reduction.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/6/2/14...wn-dooling-for
over/under on who's out of the league 1st- Super Cool Beas or Bynum's knees?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #1506
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

BEAT LA!!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #1507
Fidel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Gasol's passing in the post is truly a thing of beauty.
Watching him right now I´ve got to say...

the words "beauty" and "Gasol" can never be in the same sentence.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #1508
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Everytime i see PP "acting" on the court i wanna puke
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #1509
Fidel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Everytime i see PP "acting" on the court i wanna puke
In pretty much the same light. Why does every really every call in the NBA allways has to be questioned by players and coaches. Why does the NBA even put up with this? It´s just disgusting. In soccer all of these primadonnas would be sent of pretty quick, in hockey they´d just be knocked down hard.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #1510
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I watched about a quarter of this grossness.

I think I'm good for a few games.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #1511
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In pretty much the same light. Why does every really every call in the NBA allways has to be questioned by players and coaches. .
intermittent reinforcement
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #1512
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I think it's pretty hilarious that so many commentators and "experts" are referring to Gasol as "the best big man in the league."
Old 06-04-2010, 03:33 AM   #1513
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I had already picked the Lakers, but I'm calling this series right now. Lakers in 6.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #1514
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I think it's pretty hilarious that so many commentators and "experts" are referring to Gasol as "the best big man in the league."
Might just be me and I could be totally wrong on this one, but considering that baskteball is a team sport, the media and the NBA itself put a great emphasis on individual players and their efforts. However, the quality of these individual efforts is eventually based on the success of the respective player's team. Gasol could have played the exact same ball in Memphis and then some, yet no one would have even thought about calling him the best big man in the league due to the team's overall mediocrity. Dirk himself once mentioned that there's apparently a different philosophy in the USA and Europe when it comes to all that. In Europe, while single players certainly receive a lot of attention and are being hyped as well, it's more about the teams and a title (or lack thereof) doesn't really change the public perception of a given player.

With all that being said, the Lakers are a prime example of how important and helpful it is to have two true superstars in order to be in the running for a championship. Kobe and Gasol have been absolutely outstanding in this year's playoffs so far, even though I wouldn't write off the Celtics just yet. They have their own superstars to get it done.

Last edited by dalger; 06-04-2010 at 08:25 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #1515
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

That's quite a celebration ya got there...

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 06-04-2010 at 11:06 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #1516
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Ray Allen IS weird
Old 06-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #1517
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

^ 7 / 7 from downtown.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #1518
Fidel
Diamond Member

What a horrible product you´ve got there NBA. This is not a game today. It´s some kind of ref exhibition. Lakers will probably shoot 30 FT´s in the first half. Celtics could run out of players.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #1519
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

lol lakers
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #1520
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe is so unclutch.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, bagdoucheclutchfest, cadbane=exaggerator, crawford bros finals mvp, gay tags, i'm the clutchest, mavsbansuxcadbane, tag clustershag, ur the clutchest d-bag, you´re a clutchebag