Ridiculously excited. Plan to watch every game (TV gods willing) 7 41.18%
Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2021, 06:57 AM   #1481
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat_1795 View Post
Exactly!
Made himself a career by following LeBron since high school and now he thinks he has inside into any NBA team.
Windhorst's biggest quote of the last year was "No more buffets" Poor guy was devastated by the pandemic induced demise of the modern American buffet.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2021, 07:01 AM   #1482
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I agree. People are hyping up Trae and Ayton's supporting cast now but I Don't recall many people hyping up players like Huerter, Bognanovic, Collins or Capella...now they are great players.....Trae makes that team go.
Your memory of others hype level is irrelevant. The Hawks have a demonstrably better supporting cast for the love of god. By saying that doesn't make Trae bad. He just isn't a 1st team All-NBA caliber player.

Last edited by Zeus; 07-01-2021 at 07:02 AM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:30 AM   #1483
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree. People are hyping up Trae and Ayton's supporting cast now but I Don't recall many people hyping up players like Huerter, Bognanovic, Collins or Capella...now they are great players.....Trae makes that team go.

I mean it doesn’t matter if we hyped them or not.

Capela is a huge defensive center who can guard the perimeter and catch lobs. Do we have one of those?

Collins is a versatile scoring PF/C who can be a roll man and shoot the 3. Do we have one of those?

Bogdan is a scoring guard who averaged 47/44/91 splits. Do we have one of those?

It’s not our job to find these guys. Of course Trae makes it all work, but they just showed they’re capable of winning without him.
tap2390 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:45 AM   #1484
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yep...they got Kidd for the awesome sauce plan of having him deal with multiple superstars! lol.

https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/...91328455561216

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:45 AM   #1485
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-01-2021 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:58 AM   #1486
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yep...they got Kidd for the awesome sauce plan of having him deal with multiple superstars! lol.

I’ve heard he’s a fun guy. Should fit right in.

Last edited by BPo001; 07-01-2021 at 09:58 AM.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:20 AM   #1487
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I’ve heard he’s a fun guy. Should fit right in.
He loves knee experts from what I hear.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #1488
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just because a guy has a better team doesn't mean you discredit him. ITs evident that at this point at the very least they are of the same caliber...if anyone wants to argue Trae is better I wouldn't argue against it.

Hawks thrived simply drafting well and not having to trade their draft picks for a guy like KP.
This is my least favorite story line of these playoffs. And I'll absolutely go at anyone thinking Trae is better than Luka. You wouldn't even argue?

The last part is simply why Donnie is gone. Could argue the same for Rick given the Hawks response to a McMillan.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #1489
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Most of Mavs Twitter is a cesspool of gullible dreamers.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:49 AM   #1490
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

How the hell can we be the most likely suitor if our cap space is partially dependent on someone opting out.

Now if the Clippers wants to take on KP just to get someone since Kawhi is leaving anyway and do a sign and trade, I guess then we're talking but they were the team that saw up close who KP was this playoffs so I doubt that.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-01-2021 at 10:54 AM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:54 AM   #1491
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
How the hell can we be the most likely suitor if our cap space is dependent on two players opting out. Kawhi going to play for the MLE?
To be fair I hate when salary cap makes anyone a better suitor. The bottom line is if that if Kawhi told the Mavs he wants to sign here the Mavs would move Kleber and others if needed to make the room if need be.

Having said that... IMO the odds of Kawhi leaving LA for anyone is like 1%... Clippers would 100% make other moves to make him happy hell I'd make a deal around PG13 for Lillard if I was them. Much better fit with the added playmaking and shot making in crunch time.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 07-01-2021 at 10:55 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #1492
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
To be fair I hate when salary cap makes anyone a better suitor. The bottom line is if that if Kawhi told the Mavs he wants to sign here the Mavs would move Kleber and others if needed to make the room if need be.

Having said that... IMO the odds of Kawhi leaving LA for anyone is like 1%... Clippers would 100% make other moves to make him happy hell I'd make a deal around PG13 for Lillard if I was them. Much better fit with the added playmaking and shot making in crunch time.
Is Lillard available for PG13? I'm sure Clippers would do that in a heartbeat.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:10 AM   #1493
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is Lillard available for PG13? I'm sure Clippers would do that in a heartbeat.
I doubt Lillard is available, the rumors have been around him wanting out of there but I'd be surprised if they didn't trade CJ and stuff for a better co star to keep Lillard. But it's way more of a realistic scenario to make a deal around PG13 and Lillard than the bs I keep reading about Mavs miraculously trading for Lillard or "executives" believing Dallas being any kind of threat to take Kawhi away simply because Luka and "salary flexibility".

Idk who these sources are in articles like that but players of Kawhi's caliber do not care one bit about a teams cap space. If they want to go somewhere and they are a free agent that team would move heaven and earth to get them there. The THJ's of the world have to look at a teams cap space for possible destinations I'm sure. The Kawhi's? Absolutely not.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:17 AM   #1494
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
How the hell can we be the most likely suitor if our cap space is partially dependent on someone opting out.

Now if the Clippers wants to take on KP just to get someone since Kawhi is leaving anyway and do a sign and trade, I guess then we're talking but they were the team that saw up close who KP was this playoffs so I doubt that.
If Kawhi wants to come here, then that won't be an issue. Look at how Miami cleared space for Jimmy Butler as an example, and they were worse off cap-wise.

It's a la la land scenario though. Clippers are likely NBA champions with a healthy Kawhi.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:49 AM   #1495
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Kawhi is not leaving his championship-caliber squad and the city/state he turned down literal millions for (by my estimate over $50 million by turning down the Spurs max deal and in taxes) for the Mavs.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:45 PM   #1496
JustJay

You guys are right about cap space. Sadly that makes Marc Cuban and his former staff possibly the dumbest in all of sports. They saved cap space for a decade and never got a star, and all they had to do was build the right way and they could have used players as assets possibly towards trading for a star or they could give away the players for nothing and signed the superstar anyway.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-01-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-01-2021, 01:03 PM   #1497
JustJay

Quote:
If Kawhi wants to come here, then that won't be an issue. Look at how Miami cleared space for Jimmy Butler as an example, and they were worse off cap-wise.

It's a la la land scenario though. Clippers are likely NBA champions with a healthy Kawhi.
I'm not saying I believe he's coming to Dallas because I do not believe that. But I did hear on TV this morning he might be unhappy with the Clipper medical staff, and the last time he was unhappy with a medical staff he demanded out. But again regardless if he leaves I do not think he wants to come here. Would Dallas even play along with missing 20 games a year? You know that would be a requirement.
Old 07-01-2021, 02:00 PM   #1498
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I Don't recall many people hyping up players like Bognanovic, Collins or Capella
Well I do. A lot of it on this site.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 02:16 PM   #1499
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Are you kidding?

Capela made the Rockets work. Literally near all star and I wanted him bad
Tons of people on DM.com were heartbroken about Bogdan, myself included.
I’ve seen over 25 posts here asking about Collins

Thats a killer supporting cast. They did a nice job. They got a nice talent in the draft, cleared cap, and then filled up their roster with a nice hodgepodge of pieces with it. It’s what we could have done if we didn’t max KP
Yeah this is revisionist history......no one came into this offseason picking the Hawks to make the playoffs and surely no one was saying Capella was a difference maker for them. Most thought he'd get run off the floor. Nobody in this offseason said Trae had a great supporting cast. No one.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 02:17 PM   #1500
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
No kidding. Does Dallas41 always make shit up about "Mavs fans?" Maybe he means on other forums or social media platforms, but I'm pretty sure I said I'd trade THJ for Bogdan.
41 didn't say this I did. I'm not saying they are bad players. I'm saying in this offseason I heard NOTHING about how great Trae's supporting cast is....I sure as hell didn't hear about it last season.
Old 07-01-2021, 02:28 PM   #1501
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think you just make up stuff to disagree with people's post. I said Trae was not bad but I've seen plenty of him going 5 of 23 and his team still winning, and now he didn't play and they still win. It's already been proven that his defense is so bad that pretty much whatever he scores is made up on the other end. He is not a good 3 point shooter but can get hot. Yes he can pass and run an offense, but so can Luka. The one thing I would take him over Luka on is free throw shooting he's a way better FT shooter, but overall not better than Luka. Saying he's not better than someone who is already a 2x first team all NBA player in his first 3 seasons is not an insult by the way. You must hate Luka to think it is.

Trying to argue the Mavs supporting cast is as good as the Hawks is ridiculous.

There are quite a few players on that team I would love to have: I think Cam Reddish would be a great fit for this team, but he's not going anywhere. Who cares what people hyped up I didn't know hype makes a good player. They have a bunch of underrated players that are now getting the spotlight shown on them. I would rather have that than someone overrated like THJ who will get 20 mil a year to sometimes hit 3s and do nothing else. Hardaway Jr was a former Hawk BTW and they could have kept him but turned down a restricted offer match from the Knicks 4 years/71 million. Smart move.

Well you think this about me because of your comprehension skills. I never ONCE said the Mavs supporting cast is as good as the Hawks...I argued the opposite actually.

What I'm saying is I don't penalize players due to the supporting cast they have. I always thought it was silly. Oh I should penalize Joe Montana because he played with Jerry Rice? Huh? Oh Emmitt Smith isn't a great because he had a great team around him? I'm not penalizing players because their front office is smart enough to build teams around them.
Old 07-01-2021, 02:32 PM   #1502
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
This is my least favorite story line of these playoffs. And I'll absolutely go at anyone thinking Trae is better than Luka. You wouldn't even argue?

The last part is simply why Donnie is gone. Could argue the same for Rick given the Hawks response to a McMillan.
I personally wouldn't argue against it. Not because I think Trae is better but because I Think they are of the same caliber. The argument can go either way. There's some things Luka does better than Trae and there's some things Trae does better than Luka. Luka is a better rebounder. Trae is a better shooter and leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I mean it doesn’t matter if we hyped them or not.

Capela is a huge defensive center who can guard the perimeter and catch lobs. Do we have one of those?

Collins is a versatile scoring PF/C who can be a roll man and shoot the 3. Do we have one of those?

Bogdan is a scoring guard who averaged 47/44/91 splits. Do we have one of those?

It’s not our job to find these guys. Of course Trae makes it all work, but they just showed they’re capable of winning without him.
Capella can guard the perimeter? Huh?

They showed they are capable of beating a hobbled Bucks team without him? So that means what exactly? Clippers showed they could win without Kawhi Leonard...does that mean Kawhi isn't a superstar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Your memory of others hype level is irrelevant. The Hawks have a demonstrably better supporting cast for the love of god. By saying that doesn't make Trae bad. He just isn't a 1st team All-NBA caliber player.
Did you say this in the offseason or are you just saying this now?
Old 07-01-2021, 03:20 PM   #1503
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I personally wouldn't argue against it. Not because I think Trae is better but because I Think they are of the same caliber. The argument can go either way. There's some things Luka does better than Trae and there's some things Trae does better than Luka. Luka is a better rebounder. Trae is a better shooter and leader.
https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...um=0&request=1

Trae is a better shooter? Are we talking Free Throw shooter?

Also not sure how Trae is a better leader.

Old 07-01-2021, 03:39 PM   #1504
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Trae and Luka are not the same caliber... Luka for 2yrs has been debated as being a possible future top 10 player of all time for a reason.

Luka just played the Clippers with all their top defenders and averaged 36/10/8 on 49%fg and 41% 3pt. The only thing he did poorly was ft shooting. Trae is shooting 42%fg 32% from 3.

Trae is a great player but put Trae on the Mavs and they don't even make 7 games with the Clippers.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:47 PM   #1505
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...um=0&request=1

Trae is a better shooter? Are we talking Free Throw shooter?

Also not sure how Trae is a better leader.
I think Trae makes players around him better.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:49 PM   #1506
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Trae and Luka are not the same caliber... Luka for 2yrs has been debated as being a possible future top 10 player of all time for a reason.

Luka just played the Clippers with all their top defenders and averaged 36/10/8 on 49%fg and 41% 3pt. The only thing he did poorly was ft shooting. Trae is shooting 42%fg 32% from 3.

Trae is a great player but put Trae on the Mavs and they don't even make 7 games with the Clippers.
I never said Trae was better. I said they’re of the same caliber. The playoffs changed my opinion on Trae.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:59 PM   #1507
tap2390
Diamond Member

Hawks have multiple three-level scorers and competent big men -- Mavs have none. There simply is no comparison. Again, it is completely irrelevant what fans of another team were saying before the season. People are stupid (myself included). That being said, many on this board were/are clamoring for Collins, Capela, and Bogdan.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:09 PM   #1508
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I think Trae makes players around him better.
Trae actually DOES have better players around him. It's not BECAUSE Trae makes them better.

Old 07-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #1509
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah this is revisionist history......no one came into this offseason picking the Hawks to make the playoffs and surely no one was saying Capella was a difference maker for them. Most thought he'd get run off the floor. Nobody in this offseason said Trae had a great supporting cast. No one.

You are literally changing the argument and I read at least a dozen, but you are welcome to the reality inside your head.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 04:32 PM   #1510
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Hawks have multiple three-level scorers and competent big men -- Mavs have none. There simply is no comparison. Again, it is completely irrelevant what fans of another team were saying before the season. People are stupid (myself included). That being said, many on this board were/are clamoring for Collins, Capela, and Bogdan.
The only reason people are saying he has a great supporting cast is to make Luka look better in arguments…IMO.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:34 PM   #1511
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Trae actually DOES have better players around him. It's not BECAUSE Trae makes them better.
Debatable. Like I said earlier a year ago nobody was beating down their door for those guys. Capella was given to them, they’ve been trying to trade Collins for the past two year’s, Sweet Lou is a journeyman….
Old 07-01-2021, 04:35 PM   #1512
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Most of Mavs Twitter is a cesspool of gullible dreamers.
They need to stop dreaming and go get DeRozan the minute FA starts

If they screw around with some B.S. vision of Leonard leaving the state of Cali fans need to riot

Enough of this Big Fish crap let's get some solid starting players around Luka that can still help him win now
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 04:36 PM   #1513
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
You are literally changing the argument and I read at least a dozen, but you are welcome to the reality inside your head.
I never changed the argument. I never denied Young has a good supporting cast I just don’t want to hear that all of a sudden they are great because a year ago nobody would trade KP for any of those guys.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:21 PM   #1514
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
They need to stop dreaming and go get DeRozan the minute FA starts

If they screw around with some B.S. vision of Leonard leaving the state of Cali fans need to riot

Enough of this Big Fish crap let's get some solid starting players around Luka that can still help him win now
Derozan was 3rd in the NBA with 140 clutch points in 143 mins but a -25
Luka had 81 in 89 mins and was +6
KP had 18 in 41 mins and was +9
THJ had 25 in 68 mins and was a staggering -48... worst among any player who was on a team that went to the playoffs.

To be fair the Spurs just were not very good so the +- for him is a little misleading imo.

But this just shows why imo THJ is a 6th man not a starter. Which is why I wouldn't pay him remotely what he will get in free agency.

Edit-
Btw Lillard led the NBA with 162pts in 126mins and was +100 .... wow.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 07-01-2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:22 PM   #1515
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lot of people picked the hawks to make playoffs. No one picked them to do damage though. My thought was Rondo would coach up the team similar to the way CP3 has done. Obviously that didn’t pan out, but in the East absolutely thought they’d get a 6-8 seed and be a first round battle.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:37 PM   #1516
tap2390
Diamond Member

The more I think about it, the more out I am on DeRozan.

He's older, going to commend a lot of money, doesn't spread the floor, and isn't known as a great defender.

Sign and trade THJ for Duncan Robinson.

Trade KP for Wiggins.

Sign Richaun Holmes & someone like Tony Snell.

Luka - Brunson - Terry
Wiggins - Green
DFS - Duncan - Tony Snell
Maxi - Powell - Tyler Bey
Richaun - WCS
Old 07-01-2021, 06:24 PM   #1517
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bingo.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:20 PM   #1518
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:

He's older, going to commend a lot of money, doesn't spread the floor, and isn't known as a great defender.

Trade KP for Wiggins.

Luka - Brunson - Terry
Wiggins - Green
Richaun - WCS
I can't imagine a scenario where Wiggins is a #2 that doesn't end in a 1st round at best exit. There is also no playmaker outside of Luka again with this. To me this is a downgrade overall to last year.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:24 PM   #1519
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
I can't imagine a scenario where Wiggins is a #2 that doesn't end in a 1st round at best exit. There is also no playmaker outside of Luka again with this. To me this is a downgrade overall to last year.
I’m not even sure that’s a playoff team. That’s a team hoping to make the play in bracket.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:32 PM   #1520
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

Trade KP for Wiggins.

Luka - Brunson - Terry
Wiggins - Green
Richaun - WCS

So Mavs basically get worse at every position except big man because I do like Holmes though he has fouling issues.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks