Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Will we make a deadline trade?
No 73 41.24%
Yes, for Kevin Martin 11 6.21%
Yes, for Iggy 22 12.43%
Yes, for Stephen Jackson 12 6.78%
Yes, for Crash 1 0.56%
Yes, for a backup 4 3 1.69%
Yes, for a backup PG 4 2.26%
Yes, for Lebron 20 11.30%
Yes, for more than one player above 4 2.26%
Yes, for other player(s) 27 15.25%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #1521
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
sucks for you...they've got pills for that.
Horse sedatives are never the answer

edit: Waitwaitwait... dojo and a pick kill this?? I haven't seen much of dojo's game, but this seems like an odd hill to die on.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-23-2011 at 10:10 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #1522
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
I get playing hard ball (and obviously Cuban looks great if he can actually make the even swap), but if we lose him to Portland because we wouldn't include a 1st that we could just buy back from someone else and friggin Dojo, well, that would be a fail moment in my opinion.

Again, there are other people I would rather have, but if none of those options are possible, this is an absolute no-brainer.
No-brainer. I mean, Harris is a really good player and asset. You'd no longer have to worry about Kidd's window or Roddy's pg development. Butler, Dojo and a 1st is an absolute no-brainer (if that rumor is true). The question is whether they really want him back or not. If they balk over a 1st rounder, then they really didn't want Harris to begin with imo.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #1523
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

Skin is saying if they get Harris it will be so they can flip Harris/Terry next year for a Derron Williams / Chris Paul.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #1524
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH-17 View Post
Skin is saying if they get Harris it will be so they can flip Harris/Terry next year for a Derron Williams / Chris Paul.

Which means they absolutely need Devin to even think about making a run at Deron or Paul...If the Mavs continue to stick to only Caron's expiring contract and lose Devin to Portland, then the Mavs can forget all about Deron.

Its a win win scenario almost....they can either keep Devin if Deron and Paul choose NY, this way they still end up with a semi Allstar talent PG that can give Kidd a break.

Or they can get Devin and flip him next year and get a sure fire Allstar PG in Deron or Paul....so this deal must get done for either scenario to work.

Last edited by Mav Addict; 02-23-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #1525
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, frankly it isn't just about our defense, but other teams adjusting to us. Considering how well both attack, this wouldn't be a Kidd/INSERT SMALL PG situation where Kidd might back him down 1-2 times in a game. This is something where if the other team doesn't match up with us we could see a huge number of drives into the defense with either layup drills commencing or wide-open shots being generated.

Now, that said, I too have a problem seeing two very small guards coexisting defensively, ESPECIALLY with Peja on the court with them; however, if Stevenson was still playing at the level he was previously or if Caron comes back healthy for the playoffs I think you could hide some of it against SOME teams - especially with a zone (which we would be that much better at given the speed and length that a healthy Devin would provide vs. Barea).

There is of course also the health thing, but you just have to hope you have him healthy in the same ways that you have to hope Dirk's ankle/knee/wrist no longer have any more issues or that Roddy's foot is fine or that Chandler's legs are fine. Obviously Harris is much more prone to injury than everyone listed (minus possibly Chandler) but the point remains the same. It is hard to use that reason anyway considering the guy you are trading for him (that you will likely get back) is gone for the regular season due to an injury.
You seem to be talking about using Harris for the rest of this season. I'm perfectly fine with acquiring him and I definitely think there would be situations where Harris/Roddy would work.

What I'm speaking to is the sentiment by some that Harris would be a long term solution at PG; a replacement for Kidd when he's gone. And I just don't think that's a factor in this trade at all. At all. I don't think there's any way the Mavs ever head into a season where they're counting on Harris to be their starting PG for a championship run, and I don't think they'd want to play on Harris/Roddy being their main starters/closers on a nightly basis.

This kind of thought process is what I'm talking about:

Quote:
No-brainer. I mean, Harris is a really good player and asset. You'd no longer have to worry about Kidd's window or Roddy's pg development. Butler, Dojo and a 1st is an absolute no-brainer (if that rumor is true). The question is whether they really want him back or not. If they balk over a 1st rounder, then they really didn't want Harris to begin with imo.
I just don't think the bolded is true at all. Even if they get Harris, they still have to worry about Roddy developing as a PG and who replaces Kidd, because I don't think they view Harris as a viable alternative.

That's why it's not a no-brainer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #1526
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...aded-to-dallas

Quote:
Report: Devin Harris likely headed to Dallas

Devin Harris became enough of a star in Dallas that the Nets thought they were getting something of real value in the Jason Kidd deal a few years back.

Now, looks like New Jersey has seen enough Harris and he is headed back tot Big D.

Harris is going to get moved and Dallas is the most likely destination, according to Al Iannazzone of the Bergen Record.

The Nets are looking at numerous scenarios involving Harris. The Dallas Mavericks are a leading candidate to acquire Harris, sources said. Portland also remained a possible destination.

If Harris goes to Dallas, the Nets would get small forward Caron Butler, rookie shooting guard Dominique Jones and a future first-round pick, a source said. Quinton Ross also could go to Dallas to make the salaries match.

The Nets have been frustrated with Harris’ play and level of commitment to the franchise.

This trade will get Jordan Farmar what he has really wanted — an NBA starting point guard job. You can’t question his level of commitment to the franchise. The consistency of his decision making? That’s another question entirely. But he’s going to get the chance he wanted so badly.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 02-23-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #1527
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope this rumors won't catch up with them tonight. Utah has lost 4 straight won only 4 of the last 17. So they will be looking to get it going after the break. Good thing is that we likely won't be shorthanded like many other teams which made major changes.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #1528
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't Devin become a JET? Yes, he's been an All-Star but being a bench guy would suit his durability. He can always get to the basket, just like JET always can shoot.

Roddy can still be the anointed starting PG but Devin is good PG insurance in case Roddy is just a 2. Devin can spot at the 1 or 2. We just need a big defensive-oriented 2 who can hit an open shot (bigger, more athletic Stevenson) and our future backcourt is set.

I think Mavs will play hardball to the final hour, as NJ seems like the most desperate one, until they sense NJ is moving on and acquiesce to throw in a 2nd rounder or DoJo.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 02-23-2011 at 10:31 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #1529
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I just don't think the bolded is true at all. Even if they get Harris, they still have to worry about Roddy developing as a PG and who replaces Kidd, because I don't think they view Harris as a viable alternative.

Well....I'm not sure anyone knows exactly how he'd fit until it happens, but either way he is a very good asset and player. I mean, I'd view it as it is which is having Harris for another two seasons after this one until/unless a trade is made.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #1530
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

JJB is the PG of the future here... get it thru ya heads!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #1531
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

It's a no-brainer in terms of assets surrendered.

5-6M in cash if the rumors are true. A regular season cheerleader if it's just Butler's contract.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #1532
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

In all fairness, JET and Harris helped Dirk get us past the Grizzlies, Spurs and Suns in 06.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #1533
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
It's a no-brainer in terms of assets surrendered.

5-6M in cash if the rumors are true. A regular season cheerleader if it's just Butler's contract.
If it's just Butler then absolutely it's a no brainer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #1534
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The last I heard, the talks are continuing but nothing new has materialized. Dallas still talking to Detroit about Prince. If anything happens with Detroit, it's going to be at the absolute last minute.

Belief is if they can can get either guy, Prince or Harris, for just Butler...they'll probably go with Harris for the long-term possibilities.

I heard the same thought process with going for Williams/CP3, which I alluded to last night, but I heard a different name than Terry.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-23-2011 at 10:44 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #1535
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

and try to take deron now????
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #1536
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You seem to be talking about using Harris for the rest of this season. I'm perfectly fine with acquiring him and I definitely think there would be situations where Harris/Roddy would work.

Mostly, yes, that is what I am talking about, but I am not completely opposed to the thought that he might become more than that.

What I'm speaking to is the sentiment by some that Harris would be a long term solution at PG; a replacement for Kidd when he's gone. And I just don't think that's a factor in this trade at all. At all. I don't think there's any way the Mavs ever head into a season where they're counting on Harris to be their starting PG for a championship run, and I don't think they'd want to play on Harris/Roddy being their main starters/closers on a nightly basis.

Well, I disagree there - I think that it might be safe to say that the hope is that the long term plans don't include Harris, but to adamantly state that Dallas wouldn't take into consideration the likelihood that he will be their starter in the future given other options being long shots (i.e. getting Utah/NO to trade their stud PG to us just because we have Harris isn't a certainty) isn't accurate to me.

This kind of thought process is what I'm talking about:

Well, even if they have to still think about Roddy developing as a PG or someone else taking the reins, I don't think that makes it any less of a no-brainer.
Comments above.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #1537
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The last I heard, the talks are continuing but nothing new has materialized. Dallas still talking to Detroit about Prince. If anything happens with Detroit, it's going to be at the absolute last minute.

Belief is if they can can get either guy, Prince or Harris, for just Butler...they'll probably go with Harris for the long-term possibilities.

I heard the same thought process with going for Williams/CP3, which I alluded to last night, but I heard a different name than Terry.
Don't become that guy... Be forthright or don't tease please.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 02-23-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #1538
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Nets are on brink of getting Deron Williams in 3-team deal that will send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and picks to Utah, sources tell Yahoo
Old 02-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #1539
BGMaverick9
Guru

seeing the general size of the secondary guy going with Harris *Should* tell you who the player was that I heard..
Old 02-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #1540
BGMaverick9
Guru

Favors will go to Jazz with Harris, two first-round picks. Nets wlll send Troy Murphy to Golden State, and Warriors send Gadzuric to Nets.

It's a done deal.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #1541
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
seeing the general size of the secondary guy going with Harris *Should* tell you who the player was that I heard..
...or you could just not tease.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #1542
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Favors will go to Jazz with Harris, two first-round picks. Nets wlll send Troy Murphy to Golden State, and Warriors send Gadzuric to Nets.

It's a done deal.
Well that literally came out of no where.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #1543
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nets are on brink of getting Deron Williams in 3-team deal that will send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and picks to Utah, sources tell Yahoo
Wow...
Old 02-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #1544
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #1545
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Son of a bitch.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #1546
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

This is exactly what we were trying to do, but with Roddy instead of Favors. Seems pretty obvious.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #1547
j0Shi
Diamond Member

The most annoying thing is: Now you definitely know Harris could have landed US Deron ...
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #1548
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's a done deal.
Plan B?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #1549
Rick41
Diamond Member

Let's see if somehow the Mavs can land Prince then.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #1550
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Holy F shit.

The East just got a lot stronger this weekend. I think the Nets have to feel pretty good how they did compared to the Knicks. DWill > Melo and the cost was cheaper IMO.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #1551
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

What on earth? ._.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #1552
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

That is so out of left field. The East has gotten a lot better since the end of last season. Wow.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #1553
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

I guess a plus is that the West has gotten weaker.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #1554
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
The most annoying thing is: Now you definitely know Harris could have landed US Deron ...
...sure, if we also had Favors.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #1555
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

This has to be the year. It is basically a three-horse race with LA, SA and Dallas. OKC is only other team that should even have a chance to make the Conference Finals.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #1556
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Since the Jazz are obviously rebuilding, can we pursue Harris through them, or does one of those limits kick in that prevents him from being re-traded for awhile (i.e., past the deadline)?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #1557
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody get the feeling we might be screwed at PG when Kidd runs out of gas?

(I bet Chris Paul joins the Knicks...)

Old 02-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #1558
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Plan B?
My vote?

Old 02-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #1559
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Anybody get the feeling we might be screwed at PG when Kidd runs out of gas?

(I bet Chris Paul joins the Knicks...)
Nah, we have this awesome 5'-8" guard that has this mother locked up.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #1560
Underdog

Quote:
My vote?
That might be a tough sell with the 76ers sitting at the 7th seed...

Although who knows, half the teams in the East might be going into firesale mode now!

Last edited by Underdog; 02-23-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Tags
flushbane, i hate dumars, return of the quack!, strike 17 for cadban?, thanks mods! more cadban!