Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #1521
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
double post
No, but I'd sure like him back to be Chandler's backup if this goes down. That way hopefully Carter will sign back and be Monta's backup.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #1522
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Has anyone shown any interest in Marion? I haven't heard his name at all the past couple of weeks.
I havent heard much, but you can bet there are suitors-- he's just not anyone's first priority. Prior to the draft, I heard whispers of Houston, San Antonio, Miami and OKC wanting him. Since then? I haven't heard a peep.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #1523
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

If we had the cap space to offer Melo over 18 million, doesn't that mean we have 3 million left after offering Parsons 15mi? 3 million there, 2.7 MLE, we should still be able to get Vince and another decent guy, right? Plus Mo at the league minimum?
Old 07-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #1524
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
One question, Iv been so concerned with all the stuff the rockets have to do to offer blah the max in the 3 days. Don't we have to be able to actually offer parsons the max cap wise to be able to get him to sign this offer sheet? So it can't actually be 1201? It's got to be after the dirk/devin deals and renouncing rights on everyone else right?
They don't have to do the Devin and Dirk deals first. It's all using cap space, so order doesn't matter. They do have to renounce everyone but that can be automatic.

I'm sure it will be 11:01 (Central).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #1525
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

If we had the cap space to offer Melo over 18 million, doesn't that mean we have 3 million left after offering Parsons 15mi? 3 million there, 2.7 MLE, we should still be able to get Vince and another decent guy, right? Plus Mo at the league minimum?
Old 07-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #1526
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
As I understand it, yes, but there is a little wiggle room. For instance, we can have a verbal commitment, the paperwork all ready and he may even be able to sign it, but it cannot be submitted to the league until we actually have the space. We probably have all the paperwork on Devin/Dirk all ready-- maybe even submitted.

The problem is that the three days dont start until the paperwork is submitted to the league.
They don't need the bird rights on Dirk & Devin since they can use cap space to sign them. Can't they just renounce the hold on both players?
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #1527
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
We didn't have it after Harris signed. I assume we told Melo that if he wanted to sign here, we'd trade away Wright or waive some guys to make room.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #1528
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
They don't need the bird rights on Dirk & Devin since they can use cap space to sign them. Can't they just renounce the hold on both players?
True. I forgot about how far below the cap they'd be. Order doesn't matter until we get to exceptions/the cap.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #1529
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
We didn't have it after Harris signed. I assume we told Melo that if he wanted to sign here, we'd trade away Wright or waive some guys to make room.
Can someone explain to me the rationale behind keeping Wright now? I like the guys game, but I think its pretty safe to say that we would be better suited spending the 5 million elsewhere given the 3 year window of Dirk at PF. Seems like if we try to hold on to him any longer his value will only decrease. Now would be a sell high time while also opening up some maneuverability in free agency (vince, matrix, etc.)
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #1530
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@WojYahooNBA: Restricted free agent guard Greivis Vasquez has reached an agreement to re-sign with Toronto, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #1531
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Has anyone shown any interest in Marion? I haven't heard his name at all the past couple of weeks.
The biggest interest I heard was from the Heat, but that ship may be sinking...

Old 07-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #1532
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Can someone explain to me the rationale behind keeping Wright now? I like the guys game, but I think its pretty safe to say that we would be better suited spending the 5 million elsewhere given the 3 year window of Dirk at PF. Seems like if we try to hold on to him any longer his value will only decrease. Now would be a sell high time while also opening up some maneuverability in free agency (vince, matrix, etc.)
Hard to find a serviceable big for that much cheaper and Wright was the most efficient player in the entire NBA player. I don't know if we want a PF/C that scores as much as one that can rebound and defend, but Harris/Wright/Carter have excellent chemistry for the second unit and his scoring does help. I'm not sure how much better we'd be trading him and getting another center for 2-3mill. The guys available for 1-2mill aren't that much better than the guys getting the min (800k-1.5m)
Old 07-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #1533
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
AGREED. Mavs ca't afford to spend $5M on a backup 4 who can't rebound. Spend that money on Vince and a rebounder. Please no more Blair either.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #1534
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Thig and gmc(and any others who have done so, the list is too long to name each individually) for always answering questions as quickly and accurately as possible with regards to the cba and general knowledge.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #1535
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
AGREED. Mavs ca't afford to spend $5M on a backup 4 who can't rebound. Spend that money on Vince and a rebounder. Please no more Blair either.
I don't get the Blair hate? Couldn't have gotten more value for 800k. And he was pretty good against the Spurs in the playoffs.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #1536
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
This. I get his efficiency on the offensive side. I'm sure we can use that to get some real value. Picks or even a nice fit for us off the bench. I would rather keep Carter and add another 4 for around 3 mill per with that money.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-09-2014 at 10:02 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #1537
Dirk4Mavs

Dirk4Mavs is on a distinguished road

Parsons held 15 million per year

That's crazy
Dirk4Mavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #1538
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I don't get the Blair hate? Couldn't have gotten more value for 800k. And he was pretty good against the Spurs in the playoffs.
Seriously. He's short, but he can't control that. He was the engine that kept us in that Spurs series for multiple periods of time. If he's your starter, you are in trouble, but he's a heck of a player to change things up with and he wasn't overpaid in the slightest.

I think people just pick at the weaknesses of players to the point that they are blind to the bigger picture.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #1539
Underdog

Quote:
Somebody somewhere at some point on this forum mentioned a Wright for s'n't Jordan Hill swap... I'm not sure it would take that much to get Hill, but I'd still take that trade in a heartbeat (or whatever it took to add him to this roster).

Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #1540
Dirk4Mavs

Parsons player promising but now deserve more than 12 million per year

I do not believe that mavs went to those adventurous
Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #1541
Dirk4Mavs

Parsons player promising but now deserve more than 12 million per year

I do not believe that mavs went to those adventurous
Old 07-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #1542
Underdog

Go time.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #1543
Underdog

Go time.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #1544
dont_ban_me_bro!
Banned

dont_ban_me_bro! is on a distinguished road

lets throw a parson party you guys!
dont_ban_me_bro! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #1545
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

dont_ban_me_bro!
Banned

lol
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:12 PM   #1546
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

2nd double post today

/hiccup

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 07-09-2014 at 11:24 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #1547
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Can we also please get Wilson Chandler?

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:56 PM   #1548
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Now that Parsons signed. I say Donnie and Cuban keep negotiating with Marion, Carter and even Blair. Hopefully they can go with teaming up to keep a core intact not demanding too much. That way management can have a plan lined up either way. Especially while we wait on Lebron's decision. Which I predict will happen on Monday.

Could there be enough space to sign Okafur for really cheap? Nobody has jumped to him. Plus I bet teams are hesitant cause of his last injury. I'd rather have him on the bench instead of Bernard James.

Last edited by yahyes; 07-09-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #1549
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Now that Parsons signed. I say Donnie and Cuban keep negotiating with Marion, Carter and even Blair. Hopefully they can go with teaming up to keep a core intact not demanding too much.

Could there be enough space to sign Okafur for really cheap? Nobody has jumped to him. Plus I bet teams are hesitant cause of his last injury. I'd rather have him on the bench instead of Bernard James.
Still 72 hours until Parsons is "signed," but yeah, I'm sure the FO has long been in the process of negotiating with everyone else.

And Okafor has crossed my mind - I wonder if we can snag him for vet min? Depends on his health, opportunity and general demand around the league.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:03 AM   #1550
Underdog

@espn_macmahon: Getting a lot of DeJuan Blair questions. Mavs would like him back but has to be minimum. His agent, who also reps Parsons, is well aware.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:07 AM   #1551
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Cuban and parsons chilling (care if BG's twitter)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-10-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #1552
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Still 72 hours until Parsons is "signed," but yeah, I'm sure the FO has long been in the process of negotiating with everyone else.

And Okafor has crossed my mind - I wonder if we can snag him for vet min? Depends on his health, opportunity and general demand around the league.
I bet we can get Okafur for cheaper. But we need Blair back. It'll at least keep some type of big man rotation. Okafur can easily rehab himself with Dallas till latter down the season. While seeing if he can contribute mid-season.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:12 AM   #1553
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to have Blair back. Dont understand the hate. He played balls out against the Spurs when Wright was getting handled.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 AM   #1554
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban just cyberdusted a picture of Chandler signing the contract.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 AM   #1555
yahyes
Banned

Quote:

Cuban and parsons chilling (care if BG's twitter)

Cubes showing him who's the better owner.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:22 AM   #1556
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Cubes showing him who's the better owner.
Way to rub it hard on the Rocket's Face. I LOVE IT. EVIL CUBAN. Hwehwehwehwe.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:27 AM   #1557
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
Way to rub it hard on the Rocket's Face. I LOVE IT. EVIL CUBAN. Hwehwehwehwe.
I call it business Cuban
Old 07-10-2014, 12:31 AM   #1558
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

By using up all our cap, and renouncing rights on our FAs, does this mean guys like Trix, VC and Blair are out the door unless they sign for minimum/exception (what do we have if we use up all our cap)?

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 07-10-2014 at 12:32 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:35 AM   #1559
CapitanObvious

Trade Wright/Felton? Blair, I believe will be more than happy to take the minimum.

This is me imagining/overthinking things again but, Parsons (Player Option 2016), Dirk (Player Option 2016), Dwight (Player Option 2016) seems just like a cosmic alignment of some kind.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:36 AM   #1560
CapitanObvious

dafuq another double post. my interwebz is the shiz lately

Last edited by CapitanObvious; 07-10-2014 at 12:41 AM.

Tags
double post double post