Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #121
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

This one works: Link

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #122
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I love Hollins out there, but I think Damp should be out there until he fouls out.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #123
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Lebron's great, but he acts like a petulant little child sometimes. I'm sure that will serve him well in the 2nd half.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #124
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Gotcha. I'm one of the few who think they're a joke most games though. Just gotta play through it. I think today has been decent. They're letting them play. As a fan of basketball I like to watch that. And when I say let them play i'm referring to the physical play. They should call travels and double dribbling and stuff you learned in elementary.
I understand they make errors, but missing an obvious travel immediately in front of a ref....Willims walked around without dribbling...painfully obvious...is unacceptable. Also, I HATE when out of position refs make calls. If the ref with the good viewpoint didn't blow the whistle, then it probably shouldn't have been called.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #125
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

What the... who misled me into thinking this was a night game????

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #126
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
What the... who misled me into thinking this was a night game????
I thought the same.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 03-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #127
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Good game soo far. We can pull it out and I dont want to get on any player. Jet is making some bad plays on O, but I am once again worried about Dirk missing OPEN shots. He really needs to figure this out.
I liked what Dirk did when he put the ball on the floor. He's gotta keep doing that. I don't think he can rely on that jumpshot with a guy like Varajeo on him. That's his job. His job isn't to score its to defend big men.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #128
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

I think we really missed Damp in that second quarter. The picks and rolls are our bread and butter on offense and they just don't work as well with Hollins.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #129
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Come on guy stay positive. Its a good physical game, hopefully Jet and Dirk will play better in the 2nd half and we get this one.

GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #130
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

We have no hope if they don't start calling the physical play on Dirk.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #131
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Then we have no hope. At least if the 72 games already played this season are any judge.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #132
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It has never been called and it won't change now. That really sucks.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #133
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I hope we can resign Hollins this summer.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #134
particleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I hope we can resign Hollins this summer.
We can offer him the full mid-level exception, right?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #135
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Um...where has our energy gone?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 03-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #136
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Three straight three point jacks...*sigh*

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #137
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Awful start. Come on Mavs!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #138
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Well it was a nice first half.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #139
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

We're still in the locker room

Old 03-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #140
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Nice while it lasted
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #141
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

LeBron is dialed in...we're probably screwed.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #142
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #143
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

not 34-1 at home for nothing.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #144
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

What good it Terry when he can't hit an open 15 footer? Very frustrating.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #145
Laotor

Laotor will become famous soon enough

Ah, Cavs pulling away... sigh
Laotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #146
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Terry used to be our Mo Williams.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #147
MVPizzle06

MVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the rough

I wish someone on this team had nuts
MVPizzle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #148
monty55555
Platinum Member

And just like that... its a 14 point deficit for the Mavs.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #149
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499 View Post
not 34-1 at home for nothing.
..and we're not the eighth seed for nothing.

Dang...the flood gates have opened.

21-5?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-29-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #150
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

man. why is it everytime I watch a espn/abc/tnt game they always seem to be against the mavs...
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #151
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

alright, we suck. this game is over~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #152
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
Yes. Sorry to say that, but I think it's over.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #153
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Did they just screw us ?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #154
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

We've scored like 25 points in the last 20 mins of clock time
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #155
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Ohhh well

If we dont come back and get this...which is still possible ; ). This one falls completely on Jet and Dirk. Everyone else showed and and played.

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #156
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPizzle06 View Post
I wish someone on this team had nuts
Nuts can't control what the ball do.

We need more talent.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #157
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

Y?
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #158
monty55555
Platinum Member

JET is just awful today.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #159
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

ref taking care of lebron for us? we are prolly too deep in the hole to come back tho.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #160
mary
Troll Hunter

I like the "stand and watch him shoot" defense.

There's definitely some give-up out there.

Tags
gdt 08/09, i take it back, slaughterhouse, washington generals, well..... what's new?