Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #121
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I can tell Cuban is trying to get just Kaman with Stack's contract man some of this stuff don't add up, I whon't be surprised if Kaman is a Mav after the trade deadline.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2009, 02:04 AM   #122
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk2003 View Post
can we atleast all agree that kidd is a scrub?
I was almost ready to give you some credit and treat this as sarcasm. Then I saw that you'd posted earlier in the thread that Shaq wasn't worth going after, but that we should trade for Davis and Kaman because then we'd have low post scoring. So maybe you're just so good at sarcasm that I can't keep up, but I'm thinking it's more likely you haven't actually been following the NBA this season.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #123
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I was almost ready to give you some credit and treat this as sarcasm. Then I saw that you'd posted earlier in the thread that Shaq wasn't worth going after, but that we should trade for Davis and Kaman because then we'd have low post scoring. So maybe you're just so good at sarcasm that I can't keep up, but I'm thinking it's more likely you haven't actually been following the NBA this season.
I think that's giving him a little too much credit.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:14 AM   #124
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
Dallas Mavericks

Incoming Players
Photo: Chris Kaman
Chris Kaman
Salary: $9,500,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 13.9 REB: 9.4 AST: 1.9 PER: 16.90
Photo: Brian Skinner
Brian Skinner
Salary: $1,262,275 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.9 REB: 3.7 AST: 0.5 PER: 9.75

Minimum Salary Exception allowed trade to be successful

Outgoing Players: Jerry Stackhouse, Brandon Bass
Los Angeles Clippers

Incoming Players
Photo: Jerry Stackhouse
Jerry Stackhouse
Salary: $7,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 5.3 REB: 1.9 AST: 1.1 PER: 4.69
Photo: Brandon Bass
Brandon Bass
Salary: $826,269 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 8.3 REB: 4.5 AST: 0.5 PER: 15.22

Outgoing Players: Chris Kaman, Brian Skinner
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #125
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I think if you throw Bass in there you try and get a young talent as well.

This is something else I have started to think about; Do we try to package Bass since he is going to be a free agent this summer and probably ask for a contract that might prohibit our ability to sign someone in 2010?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #126
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
I think if you throw Bass in there you try and get a young talent as well.

This is something else I have started to think about; Do we try to package Bass since he is going to be a free agent this summer and probably ask for a contract that might prohibit our ability to sign someone in 2010?
Bass is the most expendable talent we have as long as he's playing behind Dirk... You really want to give him more minutes, but there's really nowhere he can get more (especially with Shaq/Damp at the 5...)

I figure you need to get what you can for Bass - especially while his value is so high (because you might be able to swing an equally talented player at a position of need...)

(oh, and I trust Singleton spelling Dirk...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-12-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #127
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I am with you underdog. I think we use him and Stack almost a package deal fo see if we can't add a quality starter.

On a side note, I have been very impressed with Wrights development this year and hope he has a long future with us. I see him as a contributor for years to come.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #128
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am with you underdog. I think we use him and Stack almost a package deal fo see if we can't add a quality starter.

On a side note, I have been very impressed with Wrights development this year and hope he has a long future with us. I see him as a contributor for years to come.
Wright certainly did look like a NBA starter against Crapramento - let's see how he does against the big boys tonight...

Last edited by Underdog; 02-12-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #129
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

I hope that wasn't Wright's 1 good offensive out of 10 the other night.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #130
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I mentioned something along those lines in a rep comment earlier today...

Shaq + Dirk + Kidd = basketball worth paying to see in these economic times
Tell it Cubes... Please move the trigger

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #131
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
Mavs payroll is around 28 million (Dirk opts out, not renewing Josh's contract) before the start of the 2010-11 season. We should be able to get 2 All-Stars in here to help Dirk and Kidd (Lebron at 27 million a year, Bosh at 23 million a year, resign Dirk for 5 million that one year, get rid of Dampier, resign Kidd to 10 mill). At about a 98 million dollar payroll we would have Kidd/Jet/Lebron/Dirk/Bosh/Barea/Green/Foster/Hollins/Williams/Wright. With Baron Davis's contract we won't get this done. After that season, Mav's payroll would jump again with Dirk getting more money as well. Out-bidding NY, NJ, Detroit, and Cleveland, is still an option without Baron's fat contract.
Did JHo gave you some weed? Sorry, but that's nothing but crazy.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 02-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #132
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Did JHo gave you some weed? Sorry, but that's nothing but crazy.
Josh doesn't share the ball when he gets it - what makes you think he'd share his stash?

Old 02-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #133
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys what happens if NOTHING happens?!
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #134
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
Hey guys what happens if NOTHING happens?!
A first round exit to top off a wasted season.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #135
MX425

If we don't make a move we might play 6 games in the playoffs. Maybe.

In regards to 2010, honestly I think the only guys we have a shot at, and maybe not even a great shot is Wade and Bosh. Not really big on Bosh and Dirk on the same team.

With that said, I don't want B-Diddy. We should use the Clips financial woes to score some players that aren't saddled with horrible contracts. They made the mistake, lets them lay in that bed, but we will def take some of the other talent you have laying around.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #136
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Keeping our roster as currently constructed:
If we played Portland, Phoenix, or Houston.. I would guarantee a 1st round win.
If we played San Antonio, Denver, or Utah.. I would say our chances of advancing are 50/50.
We would lose to Los Angeles or New Orleans in the first round.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #137
MX425

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Keeping our roster as currently constructed:
If we played Portland, Phoenix, or Houston.. I would guarantee a 1st round win.
If we played San Antonio, Denver, or Utah.. I would say our chances of advancing are 50/50.
We would lose to Los Angeles or New Orleans in the first round.
Dreaming. I'll give you we will prob advance against the 3 you guaranteed. We would lose to Denver, and San Antonio and Los Angeles, and New Orleans, and might beat Utah, if we have home court advantage.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #138
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

We've always played San Antonio tough. Utah can't win on the road, so if we steal one in Utah.. that series would be ours. As far as Denver goes, I'm a little biased. I just think they are severely over-rated, but I will give them credit for what they've done so far. Let's see what JR Smith, Chris Anderson, and Linas Kleiza can do in the playoffs.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #139
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Josh doesn't share the ball when he gets it - what makes you think he'd share his stash?

Because it's the only explanation I can imagine for being able to write such extraordinary trade dreams...

Old 02-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #140
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The last basketball player on the planet I could ever see in a Mav uniform is Dwayne Wade. Unless he feels sorry for us getting screwed out of a championship and wants to make up for it? He doesn't seem like that type of charitable guy.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 02-12-2009 at 03:11 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #141
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
We've always played San Antonio tough. Utah can't win on the road, so if we steal one in Utah.. that series would be ours. As far as Denver goes, I'm a little biased. I just think they are severely over-rated, but I will give them credit for what they've done so far. Let's see what JR Smith, Chris Anderson, and Linas Kleiza can do in the playoffs.
Exactly, I think with the Spurs and the Mavericks, you can just throw the records to the curb because each time they get together, it's definitely epic. And the Mavericks have played very well against Popovich and the Spurs in recent years.

Deron Williams literally kills us when we play Utah, I don't know if it's because he's from Dallas or what, but the guy is literally unguardable. With that being said, I would still take Dallas in a seven game series... if we are mentally strong enough since we know how Sloan likes to play.

Denver is a big question mark to me. Since the trade for Billups, they have played great--but how much of that is that just a change of scenery for Billups and the rest of the Nuggets? I mean, what if it's just some short lived positive effect from the trade. I still can't believe they let Camby go for nothing, I think that will hurt them in the playoffs. But their lineup is very scary when healthy, Billups Jones Melo Martin Nene.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?

Last edited by TheMaverick; 02-12-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #142
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

To me the Nuggets are for real since the Billups trade.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #143
MX425

The Nuggets are for real. And I could see Wade in a Mav's uniform. I don't know why it seems far fetched. Several star players have said Dallas treats their players better then any team in the league.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #144
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Nuggets are for real. And I could see Wade in a Mav's uniform. I don't know why it seems far fetched. Several star players have said Dallas treats their players better then any team in the league.
Who said that?

Old 02-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #145
MX425

I am looking for the qoute now, but the one I am thinking of came from Lebron when asked about the Mav's organization and if he would ever consider signing with Dallas.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #146
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yep, if the pays the same, the extras weigh more....then Stern set up his anti - Cuban rules, old team can offer more jack then the new team.....byebye free agency.

The rest of the league has tried to catch up with the Mavs, but the Mavs are light years ahead of everyone. The Mavs probably have policies regarding players in place, teams like Cleveland is just trying to cater to one player and in this league it won't get a great response.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #147
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yep, Nuggets are legit this year, they had scorers last year, no glue guy. AI was out doing his doing, then next trip down, Melo's doing his on the block and little else went around....you have a guy like Billups, he's similar to Kidd because he can bridge players together and have them working together, a KMart pick and roll, a Billups drive and kick....lots of options to work with. Denver's legit. Kleiza, JR, Andersen are nice bench pieces.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #148
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The Denver Billips deal should show us something. Winners are winners. Billips won in Detroit he wins in Denver. I think we should go get Shaq. Fast. He's a winner and he brings alot of what we lack, inside presence and a toughness.

I would love to see Kidd traded for either Shaq or Ron Artest. Both are available. Artest also brings toughness.

Dallas is not perceived as a tough team. Perception isn't reality, but it can become reality.
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #149
TheMaverick
Golden Member

I agree with Shaq and Artest... but wholeheartedly disagree with using Kidd.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #150
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
I agree with Shaq and Artest... but wholeheartedly disagree with using Kidd.
I doubt we get Artest given he's with Houston. Well Shaq is another story, Stack and Damp for Shaq.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #151
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I doubt we get Artest given he's with Houston. Well Shaq is another story, Stack and Damp for Shaq.
If we're getting Shaq, it's because Phoenix is dumping salary - there's no way they're interested in Damp's contract...

(...but I'M all for that trade!)

Last edited by Underdog; 02-12-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #152
TheMaverick
Golden Member

I know Artest would never happen, I'm just agreeing with the poster about guys we should get. But, the part where he included Kidd I completely disagree with.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #153
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Billups has been good for Denver, but Nene is the real reason that team is in the thick of things.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #154
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

If Nene is the key to that team, you have to wonder how long he stays healthy. He and Kenyon are both a hard-sneeze away from being out for the year.
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #155
MX425

I think the only reason Nene is having this season is cause Billups. I think artest could be had but i don't think he alone is the answer
Old 02-12-2009, 11:27 PM   #156
DallasMavs412004

DallasMavs412004 is on a distinguished road

Just saw this article on Yahoo the guy says Carter, Najera, and Dooling for JHO, and Stack. I think I would actually consider that

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...p;prov=yhoo&type=lgns
DallasMavs412004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:57 PM   #157
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMavs412004 View Post
Just saw this article on Yahoo the guy says Carter, Najera, and Dooling for JHO, and Stack. I think I would actually consider that

I'd be all over that. If we could swing that deal I'd be about set for our final roster. Of course, a low-post scoring big man would be nice, but there are 29 other teams out there looking for the same thing. I'd rather shore up the 2/3 for sure than hold out for Kaman and come up empty handed.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:20 AM   #158
TheMaverick
Golden Member

If there is any truth to that link, that is a steal for Dallas. But that will give us three back up PF's in Najera, Singleton, and Bass.

that would be pretty funny to see Howard and Harris reunite, while Carter and Kidd reunite as well.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:23 AM   #159
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

VC would be interesting for sure.

It's hard to get a read on Cuban. You hear about 2010, 2010, 2010. Then you hear this:
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1326
"Financially, we’ve got options. We’re flexible. We can wait it out and free up cap room. … (or) my modus operandi is to go against the grain, to make a move that is against the grain. If everybody else is focused on future cap room, maybe there’s a move to be made (to take advantage of that)."
Old 02-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #160
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMavs412004 View Post

I saw this in several websites too so I wonder if there is any truth to this.

Posted this in the trade area/forum.

Tags
"we like our team", aaaaarrrrggghhhhh, barack obama=precedent, break the bank, crack is bad, dammit horse, dirk 4 starbury, dirk for salmons! hooray, gay tags, grasping at straws, happy precedents day, i have a dream, i love jason kidd!!!!!!, it's all cuban's fault, josh 4 kobe, kidd>harris, longsufferingdouchebag, longsufferingharrisfan, longsufferingspamfag, make a trade, nitpickeverything, shaq 4 precedent, standing pat 1on1, tired head, yes we can!!!!