Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2004, 08:01 PM   #121
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of
Default RE:The Official Draft Day Thread (For those actively watching the draft)

Snyder now gone.

big names still available: Pavel, Ramos, Monya, Nelson

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2004, 08:02 PM   #122
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The Official Draft Day Thread (For those actively watching the draft)

I thought earlier today that there could be a chance that the Mavs are throwing everyone a curve and trying to get younger, cheaper & more athletic over the next few years, to go with Dirk/Howard/Quis and whatever 5 they can acquire this summer. Assuming Steve and Fin stick around and their inevitable decline.

Keeping Harris makes sense in the context of that approach.. among many other approaches, too, of course.

Right now I just wanna know what we're gonna do w/ Stack and Walk.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:03 PM   #123
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Josh
Donnie says they're going to keep Nash & let Harris back him up.. it looks like they're going to try for Walker for Dampier and let Shaq rot in LA
This sounds like a good plan. If LA wants to unload Shaq, they have to come down in price. I guess we can use those expiring contracts to get Damp.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:03 PM   #124
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

You may be right chum....I was hoping for a whole lot more action by now.

Maybe some of the deals are coming. Please?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:05 PM   #125
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: The Official Draft Day Thread (For those actively watching the draft)

Someone on LMF is incinuating that there is something brewing with Orlando. Said that Tom (House?) called from AAC and said, 'isn't it weird that you haven't seen Howard on the phone with Orlando?"

Sure it's nothing.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:05 PM   #126
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

All I can say is, I'll wait for the season opener before deciding on this off season. So far, an "I" is all it warrants. Gut feeling: No Shaq on the horizon. And they wanted #4 pick as the back up. Aaah, never mind. JUST WANT SOMEONE, ANYONE who can play DEFENSE!
Old 06-24-2004, 08:08 PM   #127
Josh

Josh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
o then what happens to stackhouse? hmm, there are so many possibilities...
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he stays and takes over Jamison's "instant offense off the bench" role. They were mentioning something about that in a press conference yesterday.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:09 PM   #128
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Someone on LMF is incinuating that there is something brewing with Orlando. Said that Tom (House?) called from AAC and said, 'isn't it weird that you haven't seen Howard on the phone with Orlando?"

Sure it's nothing.

If it is Tom House, you can bet he knows something. Tom is plugged in and doesn't pull anything out of thin air. His track record is pretty good. I can't think of a time where he missed (although I am certain he has), but certainly he isn't one to just make things up.

Tom's a good guy.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:11 PM   #129
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: The Official Draft Day Thread (For those actively watching the draft)

That is, indeed, the Tom they were talking about.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:12 PM   #130
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
If it is Tom House, you can bet he knows something. Tom is plugged in and doesn't pull anything out of thin air. His track record is pretty good. I can't think of a time where he missed (although I am certain he has), but certainly he isn't one to just make things up.

Tom's a good guy.
LOL - Tom's almost as bad as Chef Ed. I have ZERO respect for any of his "facts" although his opinions aren't bad. Overall, I respect kg a lot more.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:14 PM   #131
Drbio
Banned

Come on Max....Tom's consistently hit on rumors and he has a pipeline to local NBA.

Chef Ed? Dear god that is just nowhere near accurate.

BTW...how the hell you been? Long time no talk my friend.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:14 PM   #132
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

If Devin Harris stayed at Wisconsin for his senior year, he would have broke some of Finley's school records.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:15 PM   #133
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

When Harris stays in Dallas this year, he will make all the other teams stomp on their hats. He will dominate B-diddy, Franchise, Cassel and Bibby. His first step will be two feet past Parker.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:15 PM   #134
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I think thie pick was to replace Daniels or Howards. Either Daniels is going to be move on via free agency. Or Howard will be moved for a "developmental" guy a la Diop.

That wouldn't surprise me. I am hoping the Mavs could still get O'Neal. But I'm not sure how.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:16 PM   #135
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
I think thie pick was to replace Daniels or Howards. Either Daniels is going to be move on via free agency. Or Howard will be moved for a "developmental" guy a la Diop.

That wouldn't surprise me. I am hoping the Mavs could still get O'Neal. But I'm not sure how.
why would Dallas replace a 2 or a 3 spot player with a point guard?
Old 06-24-2004, 08:18 PM   #136
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

I think a lot of taking Devin was because of guys like Tony Parker. We needed someone who could compete with Tony for the next decade. Good call, Erica.

As for Tom - Now they are just saying that he thought something COULD be up, not that he knew anything WAS up.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #137
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Daniels tried to run point some last year.

And a two point guard lineup with Nelson is perhaps his wet dream.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #138
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Come on Max....Tom's consistently hit on rumors and he has a pipeline to local NBA.

Chef Ed? Dear god that is just nowhere near accurate.
Tom's latest "hit" was when? Didn't he just predict that Walker was going to the Bobcats? He's just a shill - and the Mavs use him without mercy.

Quote:
BTW...how the hell you been? Long time no talk my friend.
Things are GREAT! I'm a little suprised with our draft pick but I'm really pleased with the Jamison trade.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #139
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
When Harris stays in Dallas this year, he will make all the other teams stomp on their hats. He will dominate B-diddy, Franchise, Cassel and Bibby. His first step will be two feet past Parker.
I hope you are right. I've been reading about him tonight and I love what I see.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:20 PM   #140
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Nellie - "We were looking for someone to generate offense"
Umm... last time I checked, Steve Nash only ranked #1 in the NBA in assists per 48 minutes. If that's not generating offense then there's something we're all missing.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:21 PM   #141
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Would anybody be upset with this for a future team?

Have no clue who this can be
Dirk
Josh
Daniels
Harris

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:21 PM   #142
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Denver is going to pickup the big boy, or so I hear.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:22 PM   #143
Drbio
Banned

Tom's fed me some good stuff over the years that hit spot on. Oh well.

Glad to hear things are well.

Where are all the rumored trades? Not just the Mavs but anyone?

AND...how the hell can someone want Telfair before Jameer Nelson. The more I think about it the mroe rediculous it becomes.

Where the heck is kg_veteran?
Old 06-24-2004, 08:22 PM   #144
Bayliss

I don't mind them taking "the best player avaliable." I just want them to someone land a guy that is 6'10" and above that is a center. (And no I do not mean Big Z.) And that center better be defense oriented. Is that too much to ask? I think it is not.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:23 PM   #145
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Denver snags Nelson.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:23 PM   #146
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs

Dirk
Josh
Daniels
Harris
Howard is an upcoming 6th man, not a starting 3. Im happy with everything else except for the lack of a center.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:23 PM   #147
Drbio
Banned

Yeah baby!!!!!

Jameer to Denver!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 08:23 PM   #148
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Incredible steal 2/3 through the first round.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:24 PM   #149
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 08:26 PM   #150
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Quote:
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!
Doc they picked up Jameer and not Don. Sorry.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:27 PM   #151
Drbio
Banned

Good one EL.....

Man...Jameer in Denver....I'm drooling.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:28 PM   #152
Drbio
Banned

Jazz take Pavel....
Old 06-24-2004, 08:28 PM   #153
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Good one EL.....

Too easy- I had to take it.

Denver moving Jameer to Dallas? Hoever Moronic, DA just suggested Denver will trade him.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:29 PM   #154
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Utah snags the big man supposedly coveted by Donnie.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:29 PM   #155
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Pavel P going to the Jazz at 21. The 7'5" dude. Weren't people actually talking about him going to the Mavs at 5?
Old 06-24-2004, 08:30 PM   #156
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs

Dirk
Josh
Daniels
Harris
Howard is an upcoming 6th man, not a starting 3. Im happy with everything else except for the lack of a center.

Maybe we could somehow get Diop in here? Talk about young that would be players full of potential. As far as Josh being a 6th man I don't know. Most 3's aren't necesasrily stellar. You have Peja and Shawn Marion out there but thats about it when it comes to 3's who have all star status. You maybe can put Ron Artest in there too.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:30 PM   #157
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Well, there goes Pavel...

Old 06-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #158
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Good one EL.....

Too easy- I had to take it.

Denver moving Jameer to Dallas? Hoever Moronic, DA just suggested Denver will trade him.
Doesn't seem moronic to me. Denver already has Miller and Boykins.

Old 06-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #159
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
Pavel P going to the Jazz at 21. The 7'5" dude. Weren't people actually talking about him going to the Mavs at 5?
Anyone who said that would be pretty dumb. We tried to go lower to get him supposedly but he's a wild card, unlike Bradley who came as a college stud.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:33 PM   #160
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Kinda wish we could get Pavel/Ostertag (S&T) for Bradley/50