Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2021, 01:33 PM   #121
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
It is interesting to see the same people downplay Powell's game after how they praised McLemore earlier.
It's pretty crazy how fast the shit hits the fan these days in the GDT. The Mclemore stuff I'm pretty sure was just to have a reason to bag on THJ. Mclemore is not as good as THJ, he had one good game and it's trash THJ time in the GDT. I don't understand it really, THJ is our co-6th man with Brunson. For that role 15ppg on 38% from 3 and 43% from fg is absolutely fine(it's more than fine really). The only reason ppl complain about THJ is the same reason as Barnes and Wes... Overpaid and asking them to do too much.

As for Powell... Drummond had zero offensive rebounds last night. He had 6 points and played 30mins. His statistical impact matched his usual winning impact for once. The last time Drummond had 0 offensive rebounds was January of last year. More than a year since it occurred(his first game as a laker he had 0 as well but only played 14mins). Some credit should go to the others but a lot should go to Powell his energy was tangible.

Maybe RC gave the Mavs a Rudy Ruettiger half time speech which some have also complained he doesn't do().
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2021, 01:50 PM   #122
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wow.. we won without KP. It's always funny to read thru the entire thread. The Rollercoaster is real.

Imagine if KP set picks like DP and played the pnr more than the soft slip for a perimeter shot. It would do more for opening our shooters because the D has to collapse. I would make it a priority to get KP rolling in the pnr early to softer up the perimeter for later.

Thj man...wow. tied the game at the end of the 3rd and I would have swore that would ignite him, but it wasn't meant to be. What it does Mean is thst there's a really good chance he goes off vs GS.

Overall another mentally tough game where we close it out in the clutch.

I guess you can make the argument that KP wouldn't have slipped the PNR like Powell as often

But he presents the Lakers a bigger challenge if you watched Thursday's game. He was able to creat off the Dribble vs their bigs and score inside vs the smaller players

They would not trap luka like that with KP on the floor

Yes Powell had a great game but there's no way LA is leaving KP that wide open on every possession regardless if he pops out or rolls hard to the basket your going to get a defender whose going to go with him.

You guys are taking a shot at KP based on Powell having a career night.

But In that game LA totally ignored him (Powell) more than they ever would KP and they ganged up on Luka every possession with traps or double teams to force the ball out his hands

As to why Vogel decided to ignore the roll man the entire 2nd half I have no idea

Yea we all get frustrated with KP missing games but I've had this argument quite a few times dude is avg 20 points, 9 rebounds and 1 block while shooting 48% & 36% numbers comparable to those of the top bigs in the league yet he's scrutinized more

I also feel like his roll on offense and where his shots come from has more to do with how they use him as opposed to his own fault

He can't call his own set plays and he can't force the coach to put him in more PNR situations

What I do know is he was doing more of that last year and it carried over into the playoffs vs the clippers

He didn't set hard picks last year either but they still had him rolling more with great success

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-25-2021 at 01:52 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:05 PM   #123
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me that the Lakers were saying "Luka is the only one that can beat us, so let's double-team and trap him all game long and wear him down. No one else on the floor for the Mavs can score enough to win the game." Luka, Powell, and DFS proved otherwise. If KP plays, the Lakers probably play a different defensive scheme and then who knows what happens. It was surprising that Vogel stuck with his defense for so long. Shows how little respect he has for the Mavs (except Luka and KP). RC made an excellent adjustment at halftime and the team executed the change. Kudos to RC and the team.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:10 PM   #124
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
It's pretty crazy how fast the shit hits the fan these days in the GDT. The Mclemore stuff I'm pretty sure was just to have a reason to bag on THJ. Mclemore is not as good as THJ, he had one good game and it's trash THJ time in the GDT. I don't understand it really, THJ is our co-6th man with Brunson. For that role 15ppg on 38% from 3 and 43% from fg is absolutely fine(it's more than fine really). The only reason ppl complain about THJ is the same reason as Barnes and Wes... Overpaid and asking them to do too much.

As for Powell... Drummond had zero offensive rebounds last night. He had 6 points and played 30mins. His statistical impact matched his usual winning impact for once. The last time Drummond had 0 offensive rebounds was January of last year. More than a year since it occurred(his first game as a laker he had 0 as well but only played 14mins). Some credit should go to the others but a lot should go to Powell his energy was tangible.

Maybe RC gave the Mavs a Rudy Ruettiger half time speech which some have also complained he doesn't do().

I would argue that it has more to do with him not showing up

No one has argued THJ'S numbers

Your not going to get those numbers from many bench players

But the problem most have had with him is those vanishing acts seem to come at the most important times or games

As I mentioned he'll go on a scoring tear for a game and then you won't see that production again for another 2-3 games.

I've seen several big time 6th men in Dallas over the years Van Exel, Jamison, Terry, Carter and Stackhouse each had flaws just like Timmy but I simply don't recall these guys going missing as much as Timmy.

No one expects him to be perfect but man it seems like he has these 2 and 4 point games or these 2/10 or 5/15 shooting nights very often in big games.

I will be honest with you in both these Lakers games I was more impressed with Redick making key shots and I'll continue to believe that i think he deserves some of those minutes or shots that we are giving THJ and Richardson TBH

If dude was showing up more like Jordan Clarkson for example some fans wouldn't have this much frustration towards him.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:17 PM   #125
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Seems to me that the Lakers were saying "Luka is the only one that can beat us, so let's double-team and trap him all game long and wear him down. No one else on the floor for the Mavs can score enough to win the game." Luka, Powell, and DFS proved otherwise. If KP plays, the Lakers probably play a different defensive scheme and then who knows what happens. It was surprising that Vogel stuck with his defense for so long. Shows how little respect he has for the Mavs (except Luka and KP). RC made an excellent adjustment at halftime and the team executed the change. Kudos to RC and the team.

My thoughts exactly

I had to go back and watch the replay of that game because I was wondering why Powell was so open and they literally ignored him every possession

I've never seen that before but also Anthony Davis for some odd reading didn't rotate very well last night and that might have been the worse game he's ever had as the help defender at the rim

Trust me every one of those Powell's buckets were needed because outside of DFS the Mavs were getting no perimeter offense.

Redick actually knocked down his open shots but he didn't get enough touches IMO

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-25-2021 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #126
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

But the problem most have had with him is those vanishing acts seem to come at the most important times or games

As I mentioned he'll go on a scoring tear for a game and then you won't see that production again for another 2-3 games.

I've seen several big time 6th men in Dallas over the years Van Exel, Jamison, Terry, Carter and Stackhouse each had flaws just like Timmy but I simply don't recall these guys going missing as much as Timmy.

No one expects him to be perfect but man it seems like he has these 2 and 4 point games or these 2/10 or 5/15 shooting nights very often in big games.

I will be honest with you in both these Lakers games I was more impressed with Redick making key shots and I'll continue to believe that i think he deserves some of those minutes or shots that we are giving THJ and Richardson TBH

If dude was showing up more like Jordan Clarkson for example some fans wouldn't have this much frustration towards him.
We disagree then. Terry was just a better player, by a lot, so I won't compare THJ to Terry as it's meaningless to me. Stackhouse though? Go look up his game logs he vanished a ton. Love the guy but he wasn't like Jordan Clarkson this year. Same with Vince, he had 1 rly good year and 2 fine years. In the 2 fine years he vanished for 3 games at a time on the regular. As for Clarkson he's entirely different from THJ. He's a lot more like Terry than a typical 6th man like THJ. I find it difficult to believe that if THJ was making 9 to 11.5m a year, like the other 6th men candidates he would get this much crap for bad games. Making 20m a year though means he's overpaid. He's in the top 60 salaries in the NBA, he's not a top 60 player. Down around 11m a year would be outside the top 100 salaries. That's where he should be IMO.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:00 PM   #127
Dallas41
Diamond Member

I guess this should clear things up for the Lakers defensive strategy. Anthony Davis was often the help man I'm guessing the Mavs took advantage of him not being back in game shape yet.

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2021/04/...ll-playoffs/2/
Dwight Powell helps the Mavericks defeat double teams on Luka Doncic
Teams are going to load up Luka Doncic in the playoffs, but few will be as aggressive as the Lakers were on Saturday night. They trapped and double-teamed him nearly every time Luka got the ball. Los Angeles was not going to let Doncic beat them without Kristaps Porzingis and Josh Richardson in the lineup. Powell proved he can help the Mavericks defeat those double teams.

Dallas was using Powell to set the screens for Luka. The Lakers would quickly double team with Dennis Schroder and Andre Drummond. They often had Anthony Davis waiting at the rim to contest, but that did not stop Powell.

Schroder tried denying the ball going to Luka on multiple occasions. Drummond was ready to spring out and double team as soon as Doncic touched it, but that left Powell with the ball all alone. He made the Lakers pay.

Luka carved them up with his passing in the second half. He repeatedly made the right read to defeat the double team. It often ended up with Powell getting an easy finish.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:30 PM   #128
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess you can make the argument that KP wouldn't have slipped the PNR like Powell as often

But he presents the Lakers a bigger challenge if you watched Thursday's game. He was able to creat off the Dribble vs their bigs and score inside vs the smaller players

They would not trap luka like that with KP on the floor

Yes Powell had a great game but there's no way LA is leaving KP that wide open on every possession regardless if he pops out or rolls hard to the basket your going to get a defender whose going to go with him.

You guys are taking a shot at KP based on Powell having a career night.

But In that game LA totally ignored him (Powell) more than they ever would KP and they ganged up on Luka every possession with traps or double teams to force the ball out his hands

As to why Vogel decided to ignore the roll man the entire 2nd half I have no idea

Yea we all get frustrated with KP missing games but I've had this argument quite a few times dude is avg 20 points, 9 rebounds and 1 block while shooting 48% & 36% numbers comparable to those of the top bigs in the league yet he's scrutinized more

I also feel like his roll on offense and where his shots come from has more to do with how they use him as opposed to his own fault

He can't call his own set plays and he can't force the coach to put him in more PNR situations

What I do know is he was doing more of that last year and it carried over into the playoffs vs the clippers

He didn't set hard picks last year either but they still had him rolling more with great success
It's about KPs intentions with the type of screens he sets for Luka. He doesnt make solid contact often so the PnR is muddy. The reason has nothing to do with Rick and mostly to do with he doesn't want solid contact. If he can soft screen a guy and pop open for a perimeter shot, he chooses that more often. He would get better looks in the long run if he made solid contact and held position a split second longer imo.

I'm not taking any shot at KP with my pnr comparison and praise for that win. I take shots at every player when they deserve it. No one is trying to replace DP with KP.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:12 PM   #129
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Are you serious

Go read the GDT again

The debate about McClemore was his production this game vs THJ's production

Where did anyone mention Powell doing any of the McClemore comments?
2 separate (but similar) situations - and you react differently based on whether the player in question is a Mav or not.

McLemore:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
McLemore is torching us
He's a good shooter if you continue to leave him open

The Mavs must not have got the memo or scouting report
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Or they were shutting down everyone else, and Mclemore is the least of your worries.
LOL

Well if they continue to make him the least of their worries that could be trouble

Unlike J.Rich or a few other guys on this team he's capable of knocking down open shots if you give them to him.
All praise for McLemore and criticism of the Mavs for leaving him open.

Powell:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Quote:
Powell can't defend Drummond and he 's useless on offense so why not try Boban in that matchup.
DP was 11-12 for 25 points, but he can’t defend Drummond who had 6 points. Looked to me like it was the other way around.
Quote:
Yeah luckily Powell had the game of his life
Quote:
So yes Powell had the game of his career but to say it was because Drummond played bad defense on him was totally incorrect. It was because the Lakers tried to take the ball out of Luka's hands and Powell was wide open for about 6-8 dunks/layups all by himself once Luka beat the traps.
Quote:
... Powell having a career night.
No praise for Powell (repeated statements about it being a career night, even though he has had several similar games in the past), no laughing at the Lakers for leaving him open, no "The <Lakers> must not have got the memo or scouting report"
Old 04-25-2021, 07:40 PM   #130
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:

I know, right? How can you count on a guy that has these kinds of shooting nights?
1-15
2-11
3-14
3-13
4-17
4-15
4-15
3-10
7-23
4-13
4-13
5-16
5-16
5-16
4-12
6-17
8-22
7-19
6-16
6-16
5-13
7-18
Old 04-25-2021, 08:07 PM   #131
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know, right? How can you count on a guy that has these kinds of shooting nights?
1-15
2-11
3-14
3-13
4-17
4-15
4-15
3-10
7-23
4-13
4-13
5-16
5-16
5-16
4-12
6-17
8-22
7-19
6-16
6-16
5-13
7-18
Ha. I'm guessing this is Clarkson. I don't know why he can't just look at percentages to figure out he is making a bad argument.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:12 PM   #132
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
1-15
2-11
3-14
3-13
4-17
4-15
4-15
3-10
7-23
4-13
4-13
5-16
5-16
5-16
4-12
6-17
8-22
7-19
6-16
6-16
5-13
7-18
as bad as some of those shooting nights look that still won't convince me Clarkson doesn't show up more than THJ.

I don't think I've ever recalled Clarkson having scoreless games or as many games under 10 points like THJ.

Even on his off night's Clarkson will still seem to hit big buckets when it matters most and I've seen him the playoffs IMPACT a series

I've seen him when Mitchell sits do to injury step up and play well for longer stretches than I've ever seen THJ in similar situations
Old 04-25-2021, 10:15 PM   #133
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
2 separate (but similar) situations - and you react differently based on whether the player in question is a Mav or not.

McLemore:

All praise for McLemore and criticism of the Mavs for leaving him open.

Powell:

No praise for Powell (repeated statements about it being a career night, even though he has had several similar games in the past), no laughing at the Lakers for leaving him open, no "The <Lakers> must not have got the memo or scouting report"
I have no idea what you just said or what point you were trying to make between McClemore and THJ from last game.

At the end of the day McClemore was left open and he made shots. THJ was open and he missed shots did that both games to be honest which is why he shot a combined 5/20 or something in these two huge games.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-25-2021 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2021, 10:39 PM   #134
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ha. I'm guessing this is Clarkson. I don't know why he can't just look at percentages to figure out he is making a bad argument.
How is it a bad argument?

Once again I said not a single Mavs fan have a issue with THJ's percentages

We have a frustration over his tendency to not show up for games consistently and provide offense especially when key players sit out.

What that dude did was show you Clarkson's shooting percentage what he didn't do was show you the points that Clarkson scored to help out his team on a daily basis

I'm not going to go through the entire season but I think if you compare the two you'll see Clarkson is scoring more point on a consistent bases than THJ

From games 41 to 56 his last 15 game stretch Clarkson has scored

inactive
inactive
inactive

Now I want to see him say that THJ is more consistent than Clarkson at showing up every night to provide scoring for his team.

He tried to get slick and not show the points Clarkson provides on a game by game basis

Dude never goes missing in action as much as THJ scoring points and Clarkson is asked to create his own offense he's not spoon fed by Luka for wide open 3's

Not sure why people keep defending this dude's no shows

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-25-2021 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-25-2021, 11:09 PM   #135
Some Guy

Quote:
I have no idea what you just said or what point you were trying to make between McClemore and THJ from last game.

At the end of the day McClemore was left open and he made shots. THJ was open and he missed shots did that both games to be honest which is why he shot a combined 5/20 or something in these two huge games.
Discussions are much more interesting with honest participants. This is just tiring.

I never mentioned THJ. Not even once. You can't honestly read what I wrote and think I was talking about THJ - unless you believe THJ is an abbreviation for Powell?

Reminder- my part in this conversation started with this: "It is interesting to see the same people downplay Powell's game after how they praised McLemore earlier.", which you quoted.

Last edited by Some Guy; 04-25-2021 at 11:26 PM.
Some Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 11:47 PM   #136
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How is it a bad argument?

Once again I said not a single Mavs fan have a issue with THJ's percentages

We have a frustration over his tendency to not show up for games consistently and provide offense especially when key players sit out.

What that dude did was show you Clarkson's shooting percentage what he didn't do was show you the points that Clarkson scored to help out his team on a daily basis

I'm not going to go through the entire season but I think if you compare the two you'll see Clarkson is scoring more point on a consistent bases than THJ

From games 41 to 56 his last 15 game stretch Clarkson has scored

inactive
inactive
inactive

Now I want to see him say that THJ is more consistent than Clarkson at showing up every night to provide scoring for his team.

He tried to get slick and not show the points Clarkson provides on a game by game basis

Dude never goes missing in action as much as THJ scoring points and Clarkson is asked to create his own offense he's not spoon fed by Luka for wide open 3's

Not sure why people keep defending this dude's no shows
They are both just off the bench gunners. One of them is more efficient, but you like the guy who doesn't play for the Mavs. If Clarkson played for the Mavs, you would whine about him constantly.
Old 04-25-2021, 11:51 PM   #137
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wow.. we won without KP. It's always funny to read thru the entire thread. The Rollercoaster is real.

Imagine if KP set picks like DP and played the pnr more than the soft slip for a perimeter shot. It would do more for opening our shooters because the D has to collapse. I would make it a priority to get KP rolling in the pnr early to softer up the perimeter for later.

Thj man...wow. tied the game at the end of the 3rd and I would have swore that would ignite him, but it wasn't meant to be. What it does Mean is thst there's a really good chance he goes off vs GS.

Overall another mentally tough game where we close it out in the clutch.
Look at this way...Mavs won, going away, without KP and with subpar nights from Luka and THJ.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 11:53 PM   #138
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
They are both just off the bench gunners. One of them is more efficient, but you like the guy who doesn't play for the Mavs. If Clarkson played for the Mavs, you would whine about him constantly.

I like how you became a mind reader all of sudden

Able to predict how fans would feel about certain players

You might want to go back and read about my past post about Clarkson for the last two years. Not sure why all of sudden I would complain about him but hey your the mind reader LOL

Some guys I enjoy watching (KP, DFS, Boban, Melli, WCS & Kleber) and some guys I don't enjoy watching much (THJ, Richardson & Powell).

Sorry buddy not everyone is going to see shit through rose colored glasses all the time and not everyone is going to enjoy watching every single Mavs player.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-26-2021 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-25-2021, 11:54 PM   #139
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
as bad as some of those shooting nights look that still won't convince me Clarkson doesn't show up more than THJ.
With those shooting percentages, not shooting at all is an improvement. Think about that...
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:03 AM   #140
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
With those shooting percentages, not shooting at all is an improvement. Think about that...
Will Tim Hardaway Jr. show up?
With Luka Doncic questionable, the Mavericks could be without their two most potent offensive weapons (with Kristaps Porzingis also doubtful to play), so much of the scoring load will be on Hardaway’s shoulders. If the last 10 games are any indication, he might not be up for the challenge. Hardaway is averaging 11 points, shooting 34 percent from the field and 29 percent from deep. Mind you, Hardaway can combust in an instant, but the Mavericks’ wing simply hasn’t been playing effective basketball as of late. However, Hardaway should have every opportunity to shoot himself out of a funk against the Kings.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:23 AM   #141
Some Guy

Quote:
Will Tim Hardaway Jr. show up?
With Luka Doncic questionable, the Mavericks could be without their two most potent offensive weapons (with Kristaps Porzingis also doubtful to play), so much of the scoring load will be on Hardaway’s shoulders. If the last 10 games are any indication, he might not be up for the challenge. Hardaway is averaging 11 points, shooting 34 percent from the field and 29 percent from deep. Mind you, Hardaway can combust in an instant, but the Mavericks’ wing simply hasn’t been playing effective basketball as of late. However, Hardaway should have every opportunity to shoot himself out of a funk against the Kings.
Hardaway is shooting like Clarkson did for the month of March!

Last edited by Some Guy; 04-26-2021 at 03:05 AM.
Some Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:38 AM   #142
Some Guy

Quote:
To be clear, since you also are not good at reading minds, I was responding to your complaint about Hardaway's poor shooting games by pointing out that Clarkson (your example of consistency) also has poor shooting games - with about the same frequency. I wasn't being "slick", I just think shooting percentage is a better indicator than points when one guy gets to shoot 19% more shots than the other.

Yes, Clarkson scores more points - 2 per game more, because he takes 2.4 more shots per game. Clarkson shoots more, Hardaway shoots (slightly) better.
The last time Hardaway got to take 15 shots per game (like Clarkson), he also averaged 17.5 pts per game (like Clarkson).
Old 04-26-2021, 01:40 AM   #143
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I like how you became a mind reader all of sudden

Able to predict how fans would feel about certain players

You might want to go back and read about my past post about Clarkson for the last two years. Not sure why all of sudden I would complain about him but hey your the mind reader LOL

Some guys I enjoy watching (KP, DFS, Boban, Melli, WCS & Kleber) and some guys I don't enjoy watching much (THJ, Richardson & Powell).

Sorry buddy not everyone is going to see shit through rose colored glasses all the time and not everyone is going to enjoy watching every single Mavs player.
My mind reading powers are google like. I predict that you will enjoy watching every player that does not wear a Mavs jersey.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:49 AM   #144
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

When to use you’re
Let’s take a look at you’re first.

You’re is a contraction of the phrase you are. Easy enough to remember. Here’s how it looks in a few sentences:

You’re my best friend!
I think you’re the perfect match for the job.
Make sure you’re healthy.
Any of these sentences would read the exact same way if you are replaced you’re.

When to use your
Your is a possessive adjective used to show ownership. It is not a contraction. Your is usually followed by a noun (including gerunds).

Take these sentences, for example:

Your hair looks great today!
I wish I had your energy.
Has all your running around made you tired?
If you added you are in the place of your in these sentences, they would not make sense.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote