Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #121
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Coming from the biggest as*hole of them all!!!!! Go figure. I dont give a shi* what you or others think. I am going to speak my mind, no matter if this board is full of tech guys who think they know everything about anything. Yes, there are plenty of people here who agree, and it is the same reason I have as many green boxes as yourself. All you little message board bullies dont scare me at all. Gang up all you want, but in the end I am going to post what I want and feel. You and the rest of your Computer Bandits can call me an idiot, dumb, creditXpert, silkexpert, silkexpertguy or whatever and it just will roll off me like my signature.

The fact remains that once a few of you cant counter a post, then name calling is where you will go next. It is a endless cycle and the main reason many posters dont post anymore or just post ever blue moon. This board is overrun by the computer bully group, that gets beat up every weekend after getting drunk and talking too much smack about sports. Shi* I bet that same bunch posts under several different id's as well talking to themselves as they try to bully the board. Lastly, I am not going to look over this post for errors as well, so add that to the list of name-calling.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #122
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dude, I blame Avery for alot, but we have all these idiots who claim Carlisle is a better coach than Avery. And you know damn well that is a lie. There is no proof or backing to support Carlisle being a better coach. So what we have left is dumb idiots twisting this tread into a personal attack. I dont give a rats as* what happened at the end for Avery, but calling Carlisle a better coach is just plain silly and dumb.
It's easily debateable that Carlisle is a better coach than avery...it certainly is NOT a slam-dunk that Avery is better than carlisle. Avery had a better regular season record but the same playoff record. Carlisle's done it with different teams and I'd say lesser teams also.

Quote:
Nobody is debating if Avery should have been fired, the problem is defacing Avery to being a sorry coach who did nothing for the Mavs. To me, it ranks right up there with idiots bashing Finley for all he has done for this franchise, and just want to harp on the last year or so Finley was with the Mavs.
Avery should have been fired after GSW series...that's the biggest mistake in all of this.

Quote:
Lastly, last time I checked, when Avery was so called outcoached he had all the fan favorite coaches on his coaching staff, and none of them were able to make adjustments to win the title. Dont want to hear that Avery would not listen to them, so they lost. That is a bold faced lie, the team and coaching staff lost as a organization. Just like they did against GS. Everyone wants to make Avery out to being a scrapegoat, but the facts remain that the players had a big hand in all of this mess that went on at the end, include Dirk in it as well.
How is that a lie? Since you made the claim prove it. "Everyone" says just about the opposite and the team played just like he coached confused. He was so outcoached in that GSW series that it wasn't funny. That's when the team knew he was out-matched and it was time to fire him. If he listened to anyone it sure didn't show up on the court as he did the same thing game after game. Just something simple like running dirk off picks to get him post position he couldnt' think of...He was terrible.

Even UTAH figured out that to beat the warriors you don't walk the ball up the court evertime like Avery had them do. So in that sense he's been the worse coach in mavs history as he's lead the worst playoff collapse in mavs (and possibly the NBA's history).

Quote:
Dirk may be GOD to most of the homers here, but I call it like it is. Dirk has been the best thing for this franchise as well as been the one who just cant get us over the top to win a title, due to all of his fatal flaws. It still stands, that I think we should have traded Dirk for KG or traded Dirk for Kobe. It is as simple as that, since so many feel Dirk walks on water.
Dirk is the closest thing to "god" that the mavs have ever and probably will ever see. Trading for kg/kobe has nothing to do with this argument. It's just another fan's message board opinion....blah,blah,blah.

Quote:
Lastly, Carlisle could not hold a jock strap to Avery, and for every fault you find in Avery, the about the same flaw applies to Carlisle and more, due to his many failures in the regular season and playoffs, as well as being the coach of the team that was apart of the biggest brawl in the history of the NBA. Carlisle was ran out of two towns, and each time he lost the time and the GM moved forward. Avery ran himself out of town, due to being a control freak.
Yes...avery ran himself out of town by being a control freak and leading the worst playoff collapse in the history or basketball, two playoff seasons straight it appers. Both times when he had the better team...but boy was he a great coach??? Bleh...

What exactly does Avery's basketball skills have to do with coaching?
This may be the most obtuse statement in this whole thread. How good a player was popovich, what about Phil Jackzen? What in the world difference does that make with respect to his coaching abilities? Ridiculous.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #123
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default thanks for the negative rep, Silk!

Did you ever stop to wonder that maybe the reason why everyone disagrees with you is because you're always wrong?

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #124
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It's easily debateable that Carlisle is a better coach than avery...it certainly is NOT a slam-dunk that Avery is better than carlisle. Avery had a better regular season record but the same playoff record. Carlisle's done it with different teams and I'd say lesser teams also.

Avery should have been fired after GSW series...that's the biggest mistake in all of this.

How is that a lie? Since you made the claim prove it. "Everyone" says just about the opposite and the team played just like he coached confused. He was so outcoached in that GSW series that it wasn't funny. That's when the team knew he was out-matched and it was time to fire him. If he listened to anyone it sure didn't show up on the court as he did the same thing game after game. Just something simple like running dirk off picks to get him post position he couldnt' think of...He was terrible.

Even UTAH figured out that to beat the warriors you don't walk the ball up the court evertime like Avery had them do. So in that sense he's been the worse coach in mavs history as he's lead the worst playoff collapse in mavs (and possibly the NBA's history).

Dirk is the closest thing to "god" that the mavs have ever and probably will ever see. Trading for kg/kobe has nothing to do with this argument. It's just another fan's message board opinion....blah,blah,blah.

Yes...avery ran himself out of town by being a control freak and leading the worst playoff collapse in the history or basketball, two playoff seasons straight it appers. Both times when he had the better team...but boy was he a great coach??? Bleh...

What exactly does Avery's basketball skills have to do with coaching?
This may be the most obtuse statement in this whole thread. How good a player was popovich, what about Phil Jackzen? What in the world difference does that make with respect to his coaching abilities? Ridiculous.
No, it is not debatable if Avery is a better coach than Carlisle. Just like I can say that two teams fired Carlisle as* and ran him out of town each time while Carlisle lost the team each time. Same reason I can say that Carlisle's team was full of talent each time and still he could not even get to the NBA finals. I can also say he won 61 games one year and still did not get to the NBA finals after having the best record in the NBA.

I could also point to his lack of leadership, to where he was the coach of a team that was apart of the biggest brawl in the history of sports. Same reason I can say he is known as a control freak, micro-manager, horrible offensive coach who has been kicked out of two franchises, and the last one from one of his closest friends (Bird).

Same reason you bring all the Dirk failures onto Avery shoulder because Dirk is the most guardable Superstar player in the history of the NBA. All the downtalk on Avery, when Avery made Dirk into the NBA MVP under his leadership. Same reason the Mavs went to the NBA finals for the first time ever. Same reason the Mavs won the Western Conference Championship for the only time ever with Avery. Same reason the Mavs won 67 games in the regular season which ranks as one of the best records in the history of the NBA. Same reason Avery has the most number of wins in a season by a Mavs coach. Same reason our best defensive stats were under Avery. Same reason our offensive stats were the best in history under Avery.

Same reason that Harris still calls upon Avery this day for advice!!!! Stop discounting what Avery did for this franchise, and stop trying to cover up all the failures of Dirk as a player and leader on the court.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #125
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Did you ever stop to wonder that maybe the reason why everyone disagrees with you is because you're always wrong?
You welcome, had to do it after your negative rep you gave me. Not as many people as you think disagree, it just so happens that two of you guys are about 4 posters here, so when the pile ups come, it comes in droves.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #126
Underdog

Quote:
You welcome, had to do it after your negative rep you gave me. Not as many people as you think disagree, it just so happens that two of you guys are about 4 posters here, so when the pile ups come, it comes in droves.
I have yet to see ANY support for your contrived "bit" - who backs you?

(and I'll ask again - do you like anything about this Mavs team other than bitching & moaning about it?)

Old 02-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #127
Underdog

Quote:
No, it is not debatable if Avery is a better coach than Carlisle.
Actually, when someone argues against a completely subjective opinion, it IS debatable...

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #128
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, it is not debatable if Avery is a better coach than Carlisle. Just like I can say that two teams fired Carlisle as* and ran him out of town each time while Carlisle lost the team each time. Same reason I can say that Carlisle's team was full of talent each time and still he could not even get to the NBA finals. I can also say he won 61 games one year and still did not get to the NBA finals after having the best record in the NBA.
Sorry dude...I don't think you understand what debateable means. It's easily debateable because they have essentially the same playoff record...period. He's even been hired by more teams and coached longer in all facets than the littlest peacock. Avery had one thing, motivation and he had it in spades...the rest he was sorely lacking in.

Quote:
I could also point to his lack of leadership, to where he was the coach of a team that was apart of the biggest brawl in the history of sports. Same reason I can say he is known as a control freak, micro-manager, horrible offensive coach who has been kicked out of two franchises, and the last one from one of his closest friends (Bird).
You could but would you point out Avery's lack of same...Losing what is probably the most coachable of teams in NBA history in dirk/jet? Losing the confidence of cubes who has as much loyalty as anyone. Avery's leadership consisted of screaming his brains out for 48 minutes every game... How about giving the team something they could use instead of "play harder", "play harder". "Play like I did".

Quote:
Same reason you bring all the Dirk failures onto Avery shoulder because Dirk is the most guardable Superstar player in the history of the NBA. All the downtalk on Avery, when Avery made Dirk into the NBA MVP under his leadership. Same reason the Mavs went to the NBA finals for the first time ever. Same reason the Mavs won the Western Conference Championship for the only time ever with Avery. Same reason the Mavs won 67 games in the regular season which ranks as one of the best records in the history of the NBA. Same reason Avery has the most number of wins in a season by a Mavs coach. Same reason our best defensive stats were under Avery. Same reason our offensive stats were the best in history under Avery.
Dirk made avery...period. Avery rode him into the ground because he had nothing else of intelligence to provide. You took Dirk out...you took the team out.. NO TEAM can win like that, not jordan, not kobe, not garnett..none.
Funny isn't it, Avery wound up being an even more of a regular-season coach than Don Nelson was.

Quote:
Same reason that Harris still calls upon Avery this day for advice!!!! Stop discounting what Avery did for this franchise, and stop trying to cover up all the failures of Dirk as a player and leader on the court.
Who said avery doesn't know basketball...he just isn't a very good coach because he's an egomaniac.
I'm not even talking about dirk here, you are. I'm talking about a coach who suffered the most humiliating playoff collapse in history...one who changed hotels like some adolescent school-marm during the finals. Outcoached the last three playoff series of his short (way to short to ever get a head-coaching gig for sure) career.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #129
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Sorry dude...I don't think you understand what debateable means. It's easily debateable because they have essentially the same playoff record...period. He's even been hired by more teams and coached longer in all facets than the littlest peacock. Avery had one thing, motivation and he had it in spades...the rest he was sorely lacking in.

You could but would you point out Avery's lack of same...Losing what is probably the most coachable of teams in NBA history in dirk/jet? Losing the confidence of cubes who has as much loyalty as anyone. Avery's leadership consisted of screaming his brains out for 48 minutes every game... How about giving the team something they could use instead of "play harder", "play harder". "Play like I did".

Dirk made avery...period. Avery rode him into the ground because he had nothing else of intelligence to provide. You took Dirk out...you took the team out.. NO TEAM can win like that, not jordan, not kobe, not garnett..none.
Funny isn't it, Avery wound up being an even more of a regular-season coach than Don Nelson was.

Who said avery doesn't know basketball...he just isn't a very good coach because he's an egomaniac.
I'm not even talking about dirk here, you are. I'm talking about a coach who suffered the most humiliating playoff collapse in history...one who changed hotels like some adolescent school-marm during the finals. Outcoached the last three playoff series of his short (way to short to ever get a head-coaching gig for sure) career.
See how you just discount everything that Avery does. You even went so far as to call Cuban the most loyal people. You sure you want to go there?

Just to show you how your debate is just Anti-Avery, go look at how you claim that not one player can win a title (ie, Jordan, Kobe), but you are quick to say Avery suffered the most humilating playoff collapse in history? So, I guess if you win it is the player, but if you lose it is the coach? It just does not fit. Dirk was the leader on/off the court for every playoff collapse you talked about, so tell me how it is just Avery fault? Instead of focusing solely on outcoached, focus on what Wade and many others have said. Dirk got outplayed! All series come down to the Superstars in the end, and Dirk has come up short in both of those historic collapses.

To top it off you call a team full of fatal flaws the "Most coachable in the history of the NBA? That is just plain silly to say that part. That has to rank up there as the craziest statements right there. A Dirk led Mavs team has had a host of "Fatal Flaws". Question for you, Is the current Mavs team "Not Coachable" or "Coachable?"

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 02-02-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #130
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
See how you just discount everything that Avery does. You even went so far as to call Cuban the most loyal people. You sure you want to go there?

Just to show you how your debate is just Anti-Avery, go look at how you claim that not one player can win a title (ie, Jordan, Kobe), but you are quick to say Avery suffered the most humilating playoff collapse in history? So, I guess if you win it is the player, but if you lose it is the coach? It just does not fit. Dirk was the leader on/off the court for every playoff collapse you talked about, so tell me how it is just Avery fault? Instead of focusing solely on outcoached, focus on what Wade and many others have said. Dirk got outplayed! All series come down to the Superstars in the end, and Dirk has come up short in both of those historic collapses.

To top it off you call a team full of fatal flaws the "Most coachable in the history of the NBA? That is just plain silly to say that part. That has to rank up there as the craziest statements right there. A Dirk led Mavs team has had a host of "Fatal Flaws". Question for you, Is the current Mavs team "Not Coachable" or "Coachable?"
Facts is facts...Avery DID suffer one of the worst playoff collapses in history as did dirk and the team. My point is that avery did nothing but throw his team under the bus instead of helping them with something.

Most coachable means a team that doesn't have a prima-donna-superstar on it, ala kobe. AVery could NOT have come into a better situation...
Old 02-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #131
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, it is not debatable.
Then why are you debating it with like every person on here?

Old 02-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #132
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Facts is facts...Avery DID suffer one of the worst playoff collapses in history as did dirk and the team. My point is that avery did nothing but throw his team under the bus instead of helping them with something.

Most coachable means a team that doesn't have a prima-donna-superstar on it, ala kobe. AVery could NOT have come into a better situation...
No, that is not correct about Avery. Avery did alot to help the team, and to say that he did nothing but throw his team under the bus is careless. Avery is a great coach with a fatal flaw in the past, and I feel that this experience will only help him in his coaching career. I feel Avery is intelligent enough to learn from his mistakes. He is not perfect, but Carlisle is a long way from being perfect, and his coaching resume of getting kicked out of two franchises and losing the team each time is a perfect indicator of it. Avery has chosen to sit out and learn and relax in order to be a better coach. He has turned away coaching jobs left and right.

Lastly, Dirk is the reason this team has succeed and why they have been a part of the most historic collapses in the history of the nba. Everything starts and ends with Dirk. He gets the good with the bad. I see that some just want to give him the good, and give Avery or Nellie the bad.

The more time passes by, the more some of your will appreciate Avery. Same thing happended with Nellie. Most could not wait to get Nellie out of here, and talked about him like a dog, while discounting what Nellie brought to the team. Same thing is happening about Avery. Carlisle is a proven loser, and been fired time after time due to his failures and teams quiting on him. Lastly, one of his closest friends fired him. That is about as low as you can get..
Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #133
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Boom. Roasted.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #134
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, plenty of people back him. They're just too scared to post because the suppressive majority of this board (i.e. us) have bullied them into submission.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
Old 02-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #135
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

(and I'll ask again - do you like anything about this Mavs team other than bitching & moaning about it?)

Not I. Why does everyone have to be a "lil man"?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
Old 02-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #136
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Not I. Why does everyone have to be a "lil man"?
You show some damn respect, SMC. Silkcreditxpert has ascended the corporate ladder and now owns his own business. You are nothing but a silly little dude to people as important as he.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #137
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to chime in and say that I enjoyed reading some of the basketball discussion in this thread on some of the previous pages.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #138
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Same reason you bring all the Dirk failures onto Avery shoulder because Dirk is the most guardable Superstar player in the history of the NBA.
I'm not going to get involved in the coach discussion (although, for the record, I support the "Avery is worse" POV). However, I wanted to ask about this. What I wanted to ask was "really?"

If I cared more I'd look up the quotes of the numerous times I've heard an opposing coach or player talk about Dirk's fadeaway jumper and how there is no way to guard it. He's a 7 footer who extends his arms high and leans back. Other than that lucky block from behind, how is anyone supposed to "guard" that?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #139
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there agame today? Is there some kind of inside joke going on? WTF is the GDT?

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-02-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #140
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

There isn't a game today. It isn't debatable. You and your message board buddies all think there is, but there are plenty of people who back me.

I rest my case.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #141
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
There isn't a game today. It isn't debatable. You and your message board buddies all think there is, but there are plenty of people who back me.

I rest my case.
Rep for resting your case.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #142
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You show some damn respect, SMC. Silkcreditxpert has ascended the corporate ladder and now owns his own business. You are nothing but a silly little dude to people as important as he.

Oh, ok. Well I did get beat up this weekend for being drunk and talking sports. I went with my computer group friends out to watch the Mav game and some dude that REALLY knows sports handed me his business card and then punched me out, and then he brushed off his shoulder like Obama in Silks sig.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #143
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

We shouldn't compare the two coaches until after the playoffs.

As of right now, their playoff records are:

Avery Johnson: 23-24
Rick Carlisle: 30-32

You can easily argue that just based off these numbers Carlisle is the better coach because he has had lesser teams than Avery. But, that is something you really cannot prove, so I'm not going to say that. I will hold judgment until after Carlisle has a few playoff games in Dallas under his belt. Because as most of you know, playoff coaching is completely different from the regular season because you are zeroing in on one opponent and trying to make adjustments against one team. We all know it took Avery 4 games to finally double team T-Mac against the Rockets, I don't want to get into the Heat or Warriors series, and let's just say using Kidd as a weakside three point shooter was not the smartest tactic that could have been implemented against the Hornets.

Go Mavericks

PS: hilarious tags

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #144
Underdog

Quote:
I just wanted to chime in and say that I enjoyed reading some of the basketball discussion in this thread on some of the previous pages.
Personally, I think the success of our offense the last two games can be directly attributed to Kidd's new-found freedom to call his own plays... If the Mavs (especially Josh Howard) keep playing at this clip, then we might be seeing the beginning of a ramp-up to the playoffs, Spurs-style...

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #145
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

I rest my case.

Oh great, u and your goones are gonna beat me up for asking about the GDT. Silly little fellers aint got nothing but hate for me. Theres actually a lot of people that are wondering about it so go ahead and name-call me.

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-02-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #146
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

So you only do it after someone gives you neg rep? Why did you give me one? Oh well, I guess this means my days are numbered here.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #147
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Same reason you bring all the Dirk failures onto Avery shoulder because Dirk is the most guardable Superstar player in the history of the NBA.
I'm as guilty as anyone. However, this line, right here, is where everyone should stop, reassess things, and realize you're dealing with someone who can not be reasoned with.

I don't even mean that as an insult. It's just reality.

And you can't claim that everything rolls off you if you get geeked up and respond to every disagreement as if someone has insulted your entire family tree. And I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure you started the name calling. Someone referring to your past board name is not name calling, it's the truth.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #148
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
We shouldn't compare the two coaches until after the playoffs.

As of right now, their playoff records are:

Avery Johnson: 23-24
Rick Carlisle: 30-32

You can easily argue that just based off these numbers Carlisle is the better coach because he has had lesser teams than Avery. But, that is something you really cannot prove, so I'm not going to say that. I will hold judgment until after Carlisle has a few playoff games in Dallas under his belt. Because as most of you know, playoff coaching is completely different from the regular season because you are zeroing in on one opponent and trying to make adjustments against one team. We all know it took Avery 4 games to finally double team T-Mac against the Rockets, I don't want to get into the Heat or Warriors series, and let's just say using Kidd as a weakside three point shooter was not the smartest tactic that could have been implemented against the Hornets.

Go Mavericks

PS: hilarious tags
Based off what numbers Carlisle is better? Are you talking about based on more wins? Closest things would be to say that Carlisle has coached a couple of years longer and has been in more playoff games and series. Thats about it as far as playoff is concerned that I see. I look for series wins, Conference Championships, Titles, NBA Finals Appearance, playoff win percentage as well.

I could go on and on about Carlisle and his failures and firings, but clearly nobody wants to talk about that when comparing to Avery, nor do they want to talk about regular season wins/loses as well. All most want to talk for some reason Avery had a more talented team so that means Carlisle is graded on a curve or something. Carlisle was in the Eastern NCAA Conference during this time with a record and the last year could not even make the playoffs.

Last edited by jthig32; 02-02-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #149
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
No, that is not correct about Avery. Avery did alot to help the team, and to say that he did nothing but throw his team under the bus is careless. Avery is a great coach with a fatal flaw in the past, and I feel that this experience will only help him in his coaching career. I feel Avery is intelligent enough to learn from his mistakes. He is not perfect, but Carlisle is a long way from being perfect, and his coaching resume of getting kicked out of two franchises and losing the team each time is a perfect indicator of it. Avery has chosen to sit out and learn and relax in order to be a better coach. He has turned away coaching jobs left and right.

Lastly, Dirk is the reason this team has succeed and why they have been a part of the most historic collapses in the history of the nba. Everything starts and ends with Dirk. He gets the good with the bad. I see that some just want to give him the good, and give Avery or Nellie the bad.

The more time passes by, the more some of your will appreciate Avery. Same thing happended with Nellie. Most could not wait to get Nellie out of here, and talked about him like a dog, while discounting what Nellie brought to the team. Same thing is happening about Avery. Carlisle is a proven loser, and been fired time after time due to his failures and teams quiting on him. Lastly, one of his closest friends fired him. That is about as low as you can get..
Hi Avery, is that you?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 02-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #150
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

How many times has Don Nelson been fired again?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #151
Silk Smoov
Banned

For the record: It is sad that this board is abused by a select few idiots who have no knowledge of basketball other than Dirk is GOD. Too many tech geeks trying to pose as basketball fans. Sad, sad. I hate it for DJ, who has worked so hard to get this going while the silly bunch tear it up with playing and laughter like a bunch of pansies.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #152
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
For the record: It is sad that this board is abused by a select few idiots who have no knowledge of basketball other than Dirk is GOD. Too many tech geeks trying to pose as basketball fans. Sad, sad. I hate it for DJ, who has worked so hard to get this going while the silly bunch tear it up with playing and laughter like a bunch of pansies.
So you think DJ would like to rid the board of these "tech geeks" and get more posters like you in here?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #153
Underdog

Quote:
Sand in your vagina?

Brush it off...

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #154
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
So you think DJ would like to rid the board of these "tech geeks" and get more posters like you in here?
Sad, sad! Perfect example right there. Not an ounce of thought about basketball. Talk basketball or else shut the hell up, and I am not trying to be funny.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #155
Underdog

Quote:
Sad, sad! Perfect example right there. Not an ounce of thought about basketball. Talk basketball or else shut the hell up, and I am not trying to be funny.
Have you been talking basketball?

Hypocrite...

Old 02-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #156
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Sand in your vagina?

Brush it off...
Sad, sad! This guy wants to talk about a vagina now. Such a sad state. What's next?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #157
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nobody is forcing you to post here.

And if they are, please kick them in the shin for me!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 02-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #158
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Have you been talking basketball?

Hypocrite...
Just look at him go. Once again, talk basketball ONLY. Can you do that? I doubt it, but I guarantee you can find a funny picture to post. It is just sad.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #159
Underdog

Quote:
Sad, sad! This guy wants to talk about a vagina now. Such a sad state. What's next?
2 Girls, 1 Cup?

I'm game...

Old 02-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #160
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Seriously? This now?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Closed Thread

Tags
<3 terry/avery b/c black, 501, about about about, b/ckiddirk&carlislerwhite, because silk says so, break the bank, carlisle = avery, classic threads, creditxpert2003, he got hurt, homosexuals are gay, i call this tag spam, i rest my case, kidd is hot, race baiting, shut the hell up..., silk = horses brother?, silk the inside info man, silkxpertbasketballguru, trade jho