Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-16-2003, 11:28 PM   #121
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys/Pats Gamenight Thread

carter's been jeckyl and hide tonight...
he's thrown 2 picks and probably another 3 or so that hit the defender in the hands
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2003, 11:28 PM   #122
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

We have had the ball 10 times. We have 7 punts, 2 interceptions and a stop on fourth down to show for it.

The ONE time we broke the 20 yard line we gave it away on a bad decision.

If it weren't for our defense we would have nothing tonight.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:29 PM   #123
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Finally one of Carter's low balls has been picked off. He has been throwing them these last 4 games but no one has been getting them. This is ridiculous. The Mavs and the Cowboys could cost someone to go insane.
I feel your pain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2003, 11:32 PM   #124
bogey
Banned

Crap. Can we at least score tonight?
Old 11-16-2003, 11:34 PM   #125
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hmm..no
Old 11-16-2003, 11:35 PM   #126
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Who in the wild fuck is to blame for these penalties? This is ridiculous.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:36 PM   #127
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
Crap. Can we at least score tonight?

If we do it is because the defense scored it. They could've easily had 2 td's tonight if they had better hands. Tony Dixon and Mario Edwards just dropped them both.

1996-2005
Old 11-16-2003, 11:39 PM   #128
bogey
Banned

I want the three hours of my life that I spent watching this lack of effort game back.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:40 PM   #129
Murphy3
Guru

It's amazing..Carter's made some great plays, and then he'll turn around and throw the ball right into a DB's hands.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:40 PM   #130
Murphy3
Guru

great job by the defense tonight at least
Old 11-16-2003, 11:42 PM   #131
Murphy3
Guru

just kick a field goal so you won't be shut out
Old 11-16-2003, 11:44 PM   #132
bogey
Banned

I guess that guy launched and led with his head. if so it's a penalty.

Used to that would get you a pat on teh ass and a game ball. Now it costs you 15 yards and a league fine.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:44 PM   #133
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think our defense played great tonight. They played pretty good, but they gave up a few big plays, and they didn't force any turnovers. You gotta force some turnovers and we haven't really been doing that lately.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:46 PM   #134
bogey
Banned

The perfectly craptacular ending to a craptacular game.

Carter soft tosses interception #3.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:48 PM   #135
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FINtastic
I don't think our defense played great tonight. They played pretty good, but they gave up a few big plays, and they didn't force any turnovers. You gotta force some turnovers and we haven't really been doing that lately.

They only allowed 12 points. One TD. They played great. This was hte worst offensive showing of the season. Things can't get any worse than this.

1996-2005
Old 11-16-2003, 11:50 PM   #136
Murphy3
Guru

Grading the Cowboys

Parcells: D
Defense: B+
Offensive Line: F
Running Backs: C
QB: D
TE's: D+
WR's: D

I don't feel like explaining each right now..too disgusted by the performance of Parcells and the offense.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:54 PM   #137
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Grading the Cowboys

I don't feel like explaining each right now..too disgusted by the performance of Parcells and the offense.

Just curious to how the running backs got a C lol? I think Hambrick played okay but if i'm evaluating him as a running back he would get a D. If i'm evaluating him as a full back i'd say he would get a C. He hurt that Patriots defense but the Cowboys didn't take advantage.

1996-2005
Old 11-16-2003, 11:55 PM   #138
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Cowboys/Pats Gamenight Thread

We can't run the ball

Our receivers can't catch

Our O-line's pass blocking is shaky

Our play calling is predictable

To make matters worse, we have a good Caroling defense coming to town and I really don't see what we can change.

On the bright side, tonight was our last game playing a team with 2 weeks to prepare. Bellicheck(sp) is a good coach and he took advantage of the extra week.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:57 PM   #139
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: FINtastic

They only allowed 12 points. One TD. They played great. This was hte worst offensive showing of the season. Things can't get any worse than this.
I'm sorry, but without any TO's, I can't say they played great. It's not like they pitched a shutout or anything. I would say they played good, and they definitely weren't the reason we lost, but they weren't great. It sure would have been nice with the way our offense was playing to get an INT.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-16-2003, 11:57 PM   #140
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

BTW, I give Parcells a F for not using any of his timeouts at the end when the Cowboys were going down the field. Maybe Parcells knows something I don't about football but why would you not use those timeouts or timeout?

1996-2005
Old 11-16-2003, 11:58 PM   #141
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
ESPN's doing a very, very horrible job with their presenetation. How many times have their been big time penalties.. possession changing penalties and we didn't even get to see a replay of it.
Exactly! The coverage is lousy. Who are the commentators? They are horrible. They only state the obvious. I never thought I'd say this but I miss John Madden.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:58 PM   #142
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
We can't run the ball

Our receivers can't catch

Our O-line's pass blocking is shaky

Our play calling is predictable

To make matters worse, we have a good Caroling defense coming to town and I really don't see what we can change.

On the bright side, tonight was our last game playing a team with 2 weeks to prepare. Bellicheck(sp) is a good coach and he took advantage of the extra week.
It certainly ain't looking good for our offense. They have Carolina and Miami coming up, both pretty good defenses.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-17-2003, 12:01 AM   #143
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Grading the Cowboys

Just curious to how the running backs got a C lol? I think Hambrick played okay but if i'm evaluating him as a running back he would get a D. If i'm evaluating him as a full back i'd say he would get a C. He hurt that Patriots defense but the Cowboys didn't take advantage.
I thought the running backs did a mediocre to poor job running the ball but they did make some plays out of the backfield in the passing game. That's why they got a C instead of a D.

Anderson had almost 90 yards receiving and Hambrick also made a nice play on a catch out of the backfield

Old 11-17-2003, 12:02 AM   #144
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I hope Hamrbick doesn't play anymore. The reason our offense is so impotent is becuase the running game isn't a threat. Hambrick doesn't have breakaway speed nor can he make a guy miss. So, Quincy can't throw if there are so many defensive backs. I hope Murrell gets to play more. He moved the pile one time and got three more yards on his own.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:09 AM   #145
bogey
Banned

We need to preserve the defense and retool the offense. This team's weaknesses were exposed badly tonight.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:49 AM   #146
bogey
Banned

Man.....I knew Bill Parcells and Bill Billicek had past feelings for each other but this is rediculous. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003, 03:03 AM   #147
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
Man.....I knew Bill Parcells and Bill Billicek had past feelings for each other but this is rediculous. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

OK I've officially lost my appetite. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 09:30 AM   #148
Simon2
Diamond Member

"My name is Bill and I'm nobody's b*tch!"