Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #121
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I'll hook ya up, bro!

Good night all. What a phenomenal night.
Thanks Looking forward to it. Let's go for win number 2 first.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #122
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
the funny thing is later on Kenny calls out Phil for not giving Odom and Pau the shots to succeed
He carried Hakeem to a championship. He's the exception.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #123
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I heartily disagree with giving Haywood more credit than Tyson. Haywood played 13 minutes and somehow didn't grab a rebound. I thought he played solid, especially defensively, but Tyson was huge.

Now, the caveat to that is that Tyson was huge while being allowed to play extremely physical. He's rarely (never?) allowed to play like that. But for tonight I thought he was extremely important to this team.

Kidd was absolute garbage in the third quarter, and was mediocre to bad overall, but gosh was his defense huge in the fourth quarter. I have always loved how physical Kidd plays defense late in quarters when the team has fouls to give. Most guards just take wild chances and then reach, while Kidd just physically abuses his guy and pushes to see how much he can get away with.

Dirk...oh how I loved this performance. Gritty, determined, awesome. He rebounded at an elite level, he defended (not great against Odom, that's a rough match up), and he was so versatile offensively. He'll shoot more free throws when the refs start calling it tighter, too.

Brewer provided such a huge spark tonight. I really wonder what Rick decides to do next game. A small part of me doesn't want to change the lineup at this point, but Stevenson was not good at all in the first round, and he was awful tonight. Brewer just provides so much more in the less-obvious areas. He moves with a purpose without the ball, he moves the ball well, and he brings such a different level of energy. I think he has to start Wednesday.

Jet played such a solid game. I loved that shot selection, I loved the defensive play at the end of the game. Take out that RIDICULOUS foul at the end of the first half and I'm pleased as punch.

JJ had a solid game and Peja hit a few important shots tonight. Marion played awful offensively all night, but his defense is SO important against Kobe and Odom. I don't know that I agree that he'll be crap offensively the rest of the series. He had two really nice offensive games against the Lakers this season. I'll just settle for less fumbling of the ball.

Tonight was just freaking awesome. So intense, so agonizing in parts, and gosh that last three looked like it was going in. I loved every minute of it. Can't wait for Wednesday.
I think Brewer has to start wed too. It would be different if Stevenson was hitting his 3's like earlier in the season. You can't ask the world of anyone guarding Kobe but Brewers activity on both ends of the court Stevenson can't really duplicate. If his decisions continue to be solid, he will get those minutes im betting.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:02 AM   #124
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Corey, Dirk, Jet, Kidd, Peja, Barea, Chandler, Wood.... damn. Great game by the boys.

And we can still play better.

Lets go Mavs.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:03 AM   #125
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I bet Cuban is the happiest guy in the world right now. He has been waiting for this night for a looooong time.

The crazy thing is, Kobe can't play much better than he did tonight.... but Kidd and Marion and Bynum can. Whoever steps up is going to make the difference.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 05-03-2011 at 01:04 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:04 AM   #126
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
My birthday is Wednesday. I think I'll give myself a 2-0 series lead.
Actually, I think that's Chuck's present to you. You should probably give credit where credit is due.

Lest you want a roundhouse kick to the face.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:04 AM   #127
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

this was a great win but we have to bring it in game 2. we can't be satisfied with 1-1 going home. we need to go for the jugular right now.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #128
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

"The Mavs were getting smoked until the Lakers let them back in and gave the game away. For every point Dirk scored he gave up on the other end and almost blew that free throw after that gift by Gasol. Then the refs gave them a gift not calling the foul on Kidd. Lakers lost this game a lot more than the Mavs won it."

My Laker buddy after the loss..

The smug attitude of Lakers fans even after a loss is amazing.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #129
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo.

I think, now it´s official. GD not going to watch one single damn game in this series.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #130
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I bet Cuban is the happiest guy in the world right now. He has been waiting for this night for a looooong time.

The crazy thing is, Kobe can't play much better than he did tonight.... but Kidd and Marion and Bynum can. Whoever steps up is going to make the difference.
bunch of twitter posts about Cuban having a huge smile
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 AM   #131
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

777 : What happenend to Cubs ?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #132
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Bolded above.
Odom's definitely a tough match up for Marion, but he's a lot worse match up for Dirk or Peja, so I think it's still a pretty important aspect of the defense.

I agree that Haywood helped in the rebounding department. I said he had a solid game. But 13 minutes without a single rebound it a little weird.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:12 AM   #133
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Listening to Kobe in the press conference makes it so much easier to appreciate a humble-as-always Dirk and dislike Kobe for his arrogance.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:12 AM   #134
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe is so smug.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #135
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Great point.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #136
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kobe is so smug.
He really is. Makes for a fascinating press conference after a loss.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #137
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kobe is so smug.
yea he really is...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #138
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the assertion that Brewer needs actually be a part of the rotation for this series.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:17 AM   #139
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Listening to Kobe in the press conference makes it so much easier to appreciate a humble-as-always Dirk and dislike Kobe for his arrogance.
Apparently any disruption in the Lakers' offensive flow has "nothing to do with" Kobe.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:19 AM   #140
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Post-game report from Staples:

-Lakers fans have nothing on Blazers fans. At its loudest (which was on a couple of the Mavs offensive possessions at the end of the game), Staples was 20 dB softer than the Rose Garden's usual noise.

-I told KG and thiggy this on twitter, but after that horrible turnover by Stevenson in the 3rd that led to the transition 3, he just stood at the Mavs' FT line and watched the transition play go down. He didn't even make it to halfcourt until several seconds after the timeout was called. He should be benched for that kind of piss poor effort after a bad play. And that leads me to...

-Brewer. Wow. What a spark. Five points, an assist, a rebound, and a steal in 8 minutes. Great stuff.

-Other than his boneheaded garbage at the end of the half and his horrible fastbreaking, I thought Terry was again stellar.

-Dirk was Dirk. Bout god damn time someone got called for a foul in crunch time for riding his body.

-Saw two other Mavs fans besides me and my buddy. Also, a lone Serbian guy who was sitting in the corner behind us came down after the game, shook my hand, and said "We support you in Serbia." Nice.

-For their lack of noise, I will give Lakers fans one thing. They are pretty chill. Must be a Cali thing. Other than a couple morons talking noise the whole game, nobody gave us any problems. We got booed everywhere we walked in Portland. Lakers fans probably justa don't even care.

-The women. Wow. Like the AAC lower bowl on hotness steroids. Nuff said.

That's it for now.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:19 AM   #141
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm puzzled why Kidd guards Bryant over Marion. Well, somewhat. Kidd has those quick hands and probably a better reputation than Marion, so he can get away with more of that contact and the hands wrapped around Kobe's waist. Marion clearly can contest shots better, and did in the game, but clearly Kidd worked out. Still haven't fully made up my mind that one.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------I thought the Mavericks, especially Dirk, got the short end of the refereeing stick for 46 minutes of that game. Last two were decidedly in the Mavericks favor, though, so it evens out...kinda. They definitely allowed a lot of contact for most of the game and scaled back on what they called late (other than Kidd guarding Kobe), and the Mavs were just more physical towards the end.
I believe the reason they have Kidd guard him is the key to stopping Kobe is to disrupt his dribble. He scores off of it. You must pressure him the entire time he has the ball long before he can elevate for his shot. Kidd sometimes does that well at the end of games. He should have been harrassed the entire game.

I think before his last two freethrows Dirk had only 3 attempts from the line. That about says it all about who didn't get any calls

Longhorndub---People that go to the laker games are mostly celebraties and not real basketball fans. they are mostly there to be seen. It's like a social thing for the rich and famous of Southern Cal. If they wanted to cheer they would hire someone to do it for them.

Last edited by wilmtalk; 05-03-2011 at 01:25 AM.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:23 AM   #142
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by sefant77; 05-03-2011 at 01:24 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:23 AM   #143
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

the good news is game 4 is on Sunday. Lakers never win on sunday for whatever reason
Old 05-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #144
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Post-game report from Staples:

-Lakers fans have nothing on Blazers fans. At its loudest (which was on a couple of the Mavs offensive possessions at the end of the game), Staples was 20 dB softer than the Rose Garden's usual noise.

-I told KG and thiggy this on twitter, but after that horrible turnover by Stevenson in the 3rd that led to the transition 3, he just stood at the Mavs' FT line and watched the transition play go down. He didn't even make it to halfcourt until several seconds after the timeout was called. He should be benched for that kind of piss poor effort after a bad play. And that leads me to...

-Brewer. Wow. What a spark. Five points, an assist, a rebound, and a steal in 8 minutes. Great stuff.

-Other than his boneheaded garbage at the end of the half and his horrible fastbreaking, I thought Terry was again stellar.

-Dirk was Dirk. Bout god damn time someone got called for a foul in crunch time for riding his body.

-Saw two other Mavs fans besides me and my buddy. Also, a lone Serbian guy who was sitting in the corner behind us came down after the game, shook my hand, and said "We support you in Serbia." Nice.

-For their lack of noise, I will give Lakers fans one thing. They are pretty chill. Must be a Cali thing. Other than a couple morons talking noise the whole game, nobody gave us any problems. We got booed everywhere we walked in Portland. Lakers fans probably justa don't even care.

-The women. Wow. Like the AAC lower bowl on hotness steroids. Nuff said.

That's it for now.
It seems to be more of an entertainment thing than a basketball game for most Laker fans.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #145
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

For those that don't follow HoopData on Twitter (you should), Kobe had 29 attempts and not a single one of them came from the rim. Not a single layup or dunk.

That's freaking amazing, and if it's a sign that he's still hobbled, it's a huge factor in this series moving forward.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-03-2011, 01:28 AM   #146
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Kidd guards Kobe because Artest would just take Kidd down to the block and kill him.

Kidd on Kobe is the lesser of 2 evils.

Outside of Bynum being MIA, the game played out pretty much as expected.

The difference was the Mavs bench, they came to play...the Lakers bench didn't show up outside of Odom.
Bynum4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #147
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynum4MVP View Post
Outside of Bynum being MIA, the game played out pretty much as expected.
You expected Kobe to score 36, the Lakers to have a 16-point second half lead, and lose?

You need to go to Vegas, my man.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:36 AM   #148
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You expected Kobe to score 36, the Lakers to have a 16-point second half lead, and lose?

You need to go to Vegas, my man.
It was like every game before it.

Kobe gets his, Dirk gets his.

Lakers and Mavs waste 3 quarters when we all know it's going to come down to the 4th quarter.

If you've been following the Mavs for the last few years, this is the way it's been almost every time they play the Lakers.

Forget the first 3 quarters, if the Lakers were down, they would have caught up. If the Mavs were down they would have caught up by the 4th. We have seen this script oh so many times it's hard to believe Mavfan is surprised.

I even posted this in some other thread here...it's always about the 4th quarter between these 2 teams ... and here it was yet AGAIN lol

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 05-03-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Bynum4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:37 AM   #149
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
It seems to be more of an entertainment thing than a basketball game for most Laker fans.
Agreed, but unfortunately this might be even more true for most Mavs "fans."
Old 05-03-2011, 01:39 AM   #150
Bungleweeb

Bungleweeb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Arrogant? Dude knew they had no chance if it went to OT. Why play for a sure loss?
I guess it could be thrown into the slight-desperation category; I won't argue with that. Then again, it just seems a bit strange to me that Phil would have that little faith in their ability to pull off an OT win at home. Actually, now that I think about it, that's quite awesome if he felt that way!
Bungleweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:42 AM   #151
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Winning Game 1, on the road, after being down by 16(?)after a mini-implosion and 3 straight(!) turnovers to start the 2nd half... it doesnt get much better or guttier.
But I thought the Mavs had to play a perfect game in order to win!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #152
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If the mavs can even up the rebounding and keep bynum in check...I like what I see...Lakers will play some defense however so they need to be ready.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #153
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
Agreed, but unfortunately this might be even more true for most Mavs "fans."
Having now experienced both environment, no, the Lakers definitely take the cake.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:03 AM   #154
mavs777
Diamond Member

DwainPrice Dwain Price
by EKS_MavsNBA
"When he shot it I didn't look. I was just going to listen to the crowd.'' -- Jason Kidd on Kobe Bryant's last-second 3-pt shot
Old 05-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #155
mavs777
Diamond Member

@BallinWithBryan Chandler on hearing the comments about the Mavs of the past, "I’m honestly sick of hearing it.”
Old 05-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #156
mavs777
Diamond Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOi5zmFlSNo
Old 05-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #157
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@BallinWithBryan: Odom, "I think they controlled the game as far as speed was concerned. I didn't really like the tempo that we played at."
I love that - aside from a few ugly stretches, we pretty much controlled the tempo in all 6 games against Portland and now we're exerting our will against the Champs... Looks like we're playing our game for the most part - props to Carlisle for finding a groove.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-03-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #158
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the good news is game 4 is on Sunday. Lakers never win on sunday for whatever reason
10-8 = not quite never
Old 05-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #159
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

FTW

"This is not the same the same old Mavs of the past where you beat them up and we give up, and you get aggressive and they back down. This is a different team, different squad, different players, different look. Hopefully, we get a different outcome."
-Tyson Chandler
Old 05-03-2011, 02:14 AM   #160
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
FTW

"This is not the same the same old Mavs of the past where you beat them up and we give up, and you get aggressive and they back down. This is a different team, different squad, different players, different look. Hopefully, we get a different outcome."
-Tyson Chandler
Another sig-worthy quote from Chandler...

Tags
#winning, better than sex, i'm horny now, no laker trolls tonite, rapers loss, return of the quack!, sex