Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #121
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Sorry, I meant Aguire. Brain fart there. The Aguire/Fin situations are somewhat similar I think.
OK, that makes sense.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #122
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Boy the scrubs really mailed in the offense. No cuts, no picks nothing. They just stood around the arc looking dumb at each other.

Defensively they stayed after it however.

I'm liking green more and more, he's really quick offensively and defensively.

Bass was really overmatched against there big center...you expect it, but he was going right over his back.

Reyshawn Terry is only going to make the team if he has a guaranteed contract, he's looking worse the more I watch him imo.

The new guy we got from Indiana got thrown out there and he's a big one, I need to see him a little more.

JJB is playing some pretty decent defense, he stayed right with TJFord quite a few times, that was nice to see.

Diop looks really active like you expect and he looks like he's bulked up a little bit, some big shoulders.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:50 PM   #123
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't like what I saw from Williams tonight. Hopefully it was just nerves.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #124
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither dirno...I didn't see much intelligence or talent.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #125
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Didn't like what I saw from Williams tonight. Hopefully it was just nerves.
Yeah...he didn't show much at all. He's awfully thick.

Certainly though you have to give him some time to get acclimated.

Lack of intelligence is harsh. It's not easy to step right into a foreign system and look like you belong.

Time will tell.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-15-2008 at 10:53 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #126
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see much, just some of the 3rd and 4th. It was just nice to see some Mavericks basketball on tv.

Oh and that Cheyne Gadson is one ugly dude.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #127
dude1394
Guru

Yea...lack of intelligence is a little harsh, but he just didn't seem to show me much feel for the game.

Speaking of lack of intelligence...what the heck was that bomb from 40 feet or so during the last 3minutes or so that smith(?) pulled up and took.

The last 5 minutes looked just like summer-league play, guards jacking up shots...I'm not sure anyone showed much then.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:58 PM   #128
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Smith was definitely gunning a little bit. Just trying to make a team. I know Carlisle mentioned that they may just go with 14 players for now, but I find it very hard to believe they're going to just give up on ReTerry at this point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #129
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
You know, given their athletic gifts, it's ironic that Wright's strength is attacking the rim, and Green's strength is his jump shot.
Wright does seem to be a better finisher but Green's been attacking the rim too. Five FT's in 14 minutes is pretty good. We saw very little of that from him this summer so I'm sure the coaches are constantly in his ear about mixing it up.

IMO Wright's edge is that he's a more physical defender while Green relies on his quickness.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #130
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

After watching this game Tim Leggler picked the Mavs to supprise everyone and sneek into the playoffs with the 7th or 8th seed.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #131
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Wright does seem to be a better finisher but Green's been attacking the rim too. Five FT's in 14 minutes is pretty good. We saw very little of that from him this summer so I'm sure the coaches are constantly in his ear about mixing it up.

IMO Wright's edge is that he's a more physical defender while Green relies on his quickness.
I thought green was the best player out there to be honest. I thought he was good defensively and offensively. It was really nice to see him give up the rock on a play that he could have taken...very nice.

Maybe over-hyping a little bit. Wright was good also but I really like Green's quickness and outside shooting also.

Last edited by dude1394; 10-15-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #132
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:

Yeah, Green does attack the rim, but Wright has a real knack for getting a good shot off in traffic.

I love watching Wright and Howard playing defense at the same time. Two long, athletic, hard nosed defenders.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-15-2008, 11:09 PM   #133
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
After watching this game Tim Leggler picked the Mavs to supprise everyone and sneek into the playoffs with the 7th or 8th seed.

Tim who?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:02 AM   #134
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Shaggy's cat is so gloomy tonight.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:38 AM   #135
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
I hope Shawne doesn't plan on making #4 his number permanently. That number will be hanging in the rafters soon.
Sorry, but there's no way Fin's number gets retired. No way.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #136
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Have you never peered at Brad Davis' number in the rafters before?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #137
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Our starting shooting guard.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #138
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
why would that surprise anyone?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:31 AM   #139
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
time heals all wounds....He was the heart of basketball in this city for a long while...I'd expect, with time, we'll see that #4 up there.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-16-2008, 08:31 AM   #140
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby

Our starting shooting guard.
I always like pics where you can see the coach in the back ground...Carlisle is thinking, "I may really have something here."

Old 10-16-2008, 08:38 AM   #141
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I always like pics where you can see the coach in the back ground...Carlisle is thinking, "I may really have something here."
and I always like pictures with a good ol' junk in the face.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #142
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

A.Wright had a big night 14 points~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #143
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Singleton looks like he belongs.

Kidd, Terry, JJB
Wright, Stack, Green
JHo, GEORGE (thanks JThig) Singleton, Williams
Dirk, Bass
Damp, Diop ----- 14

McLeod, Smith, Gadsen, Rhodes?, RTerry?

I am guessing RTerry makes the cut and goes to D-league.
Who else did I miss?

<edit> Hibbert from Indy looks like the real deal and can be a JO type force in 2-3 years.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 10-16-2008 at 09:07 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #144
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

George

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #145
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I love me some Dirk but as a realistic fan of this team, Dirk really pissed me off tonight even though it is a pre-season game. The lack of effort on both ends of the floor was pathetic, he needs to set a better example.

No help defense
Foster punked him several times.
He stood around and shot contested jumpshots.

I've been watching a lot of preseason games and watching KG is refreshing, he takes almost NO plays off! Even after winning a ring, when he's in the game he is playing like it matters, and that goes a long way with the bench players and younger guys that look up to him. Dirk is allowed to have bad games but launching contested J after J is rather annoying.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #146
sike
The Preacha

Why would George get minutes ahead of Singleton???

Old 10-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #147
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Why would George get minutes ahead of Singleton???
Not sure, other than he is long, and a veteran.

Not real sure why he is on the team actually, with the way things have played out.

I'd still trade him and Stack for Al Harrington though, if GS would do it. (Dec 15).

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 10-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #148
sike
The Preacha

I have good vibes with Singleton on the floor...and terrible tremors when George is out there.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #149
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
Man, I love me some Dirk but as a realistic fan of this team, Dirk really pissed me off tonight even though it is a pre-season game. The lack of effort on both ends of the floor was pathetic, he needs to set a better example.

No help defense
Foster punked him several times.
He stood around and shot contested jumpshots.

I've been watching a lot of preseason games and watching KG is refreshing, he takes almost NO plays off! Even after winning a ring, when he's in the game he is playing like it matters, and that goes a long way with the bench players and younger guys that look up to him. Dirk is allowed to have bad games but launching contested J after J is rather annoying.
We will see a different Dirk tonight...calm down.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:15 AM   #150
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Well Bass at center is not looking too good.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #151
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
Well Bass at center is not looking too good.
IMO, Bass needs to go the other way, and play the 3 more.

I can see Bass at the 3 against players like Artest, if he can gain a hair more quickness.

Against Houston:
TMac/Artest against Wright/JHo or against JHo/Bass?

I'd rather have JHo/Bass IF Bass can stay with Artest.

JMO though. Bass did play awesome against Yao last year though.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #152
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I think Wright has the starting spot at the 2 pretty locked down. His shot still looks pretty weak but I think we have enough shooters to cover it. The rest of his game is awesome.

Williams looked like he had never defended or rebounded before in his life but yeah he needs more time with the team. Still not sure what all the fuss about his talent is though.

I think Terry will also benefit from the new offense. He looks much more active and doesn't just walk the ball up and pass it immediately like he used to.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote