Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-21-2003, 09:32 PM   #121
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cowboys Vs Steelers

Quote:
because its fairly obvious to anyone with any sense that carter is better than hutchinson.
Uh no. Your opinion being wrapped up (or crapped up) in an argumentative statement isn't going to make this incredibly argumentative statement any more valid. You made two errors. First, Hutch and Qtard suck awfully bad. Neither could play as a third stringer on most teams this year. One unfortunately has to play, but lets not call whoever that is a good QB. The Cowboys only have shit and more shit at QB and no amount of false praising will change that. Second, putting a bogus statement inside a qualifier like you did is moronic.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2003, 09:32 PM   #122
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Cowboys Vs Steelers

why is hutch forcing things? thats 3 picks almost, if the defender would just catch it. he threw it right to the defense once again
Old 08-21-2003, 09:33 PM   #123
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
that was last year #1mavsfan, this is a new year and hutch has showed his true colors. he is absolutely terrible, he sucks. if they are interested, they probably didnt see him play this preseason or last season. people wanted him before last season, i doubt anyone wants him now.
Dear Lord. Can you hang any further off Qspares jock? Berating Hutch at every opportunity does not make Qsucks any better.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:33 PM   #124
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

Cowboys need to sign a veteran QB next offseason, and draft a QB to be the QB of the future.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:36 PM   #125
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I just don't get how you have a 300 yard game in your first season in the league and just suck in preseason. Its like they are even more horrible than they were before Parcells got here. I will give Hutch this. He is out there playing without the likes of Terry Glenn and Joey Galloway but those guys were out there earlier. Parcells risked injury on these guys just to make Cutch feel more comfortable against a horrible D. Did anyone realize that he even has Larry Allen? Carter didn't have him at all. Its like this o-line doesn't even have faith in the guy and just give up. I don't know how Cowboys plan on to succeed without a running game this offseason or a o-line. Parcells should've spent less time on the qbs and more on the o-line and running game. We may actually have some locks when it comes to the recieving core and tight ends. Fullback may be somewhat of a lock also. Thats alot more than what I could've said before the offseason.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 09:36 PM   #126
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

I'd rather have that St. Pierre guy in Dallas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #127
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I didn't think I would get involved in this so-called QB controversy considering I live in Fla and can't see the games but tonight I finally have gotten a chance to watch the game and does Chad Suckison really suck. Quincy should be the starter by default.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #128
QCarFan
Golden Member

hey, thats you guys opinion. i think quincy is good, but hey everyone entitled to their opinion. who is the better qb on this team? carter, and he has proved it once again. they both may suck, but you got to pick one. and the better player for this team is carter, the better qb is carter period. hutchinson has showed absolutely nothing and has gotten plenty of chances. he couldnt do anything against scrubs, yet carter did it against a good defense. but gets no credit.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #129
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
because its fairly obvious to anyone with any sense that carter is better than hutchinson.
What part of "suck ass" do you not understand?

I'll try again. They both "suck ass." Going back and forth about whether one is better than the other is like arguing over which piece of shit stinks less.
Why put down someone who is actually trying to debate something on this board and contribute? Sure its about Hutch and Carter but if you don't like the debate why prevent someone else from posting about the so called controversy?

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 09:39 PM   #130
Drbio
Banned

FFM- Larry Allen played with Qspare tonight. You just missed it.

Quote:
Its like they are even more horrible than they were before Parcells got here.
Both of these guys are undoubtedly still learning a new system. After playing in Coslets system which wouldn't mentally challenge most two year olds, I'm sure Tuna's playbook is more difficult to grasp. BUT, both guys suck so badly that it doesn't matter. Professional QB's should be able to pick up the damn system.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:39 PM   #131
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its like they are even more horrible than they were before Parcells got here.
They've always sucked. It just becomes more and more obvious the longer you watch.

Quote:
I don't know how Cowboys plan on to succeed without a running game this offseason or a o-line. Parcells should've spent less time on the qbs and more on the o-line and running game.
Parcells should have done something, anything to get a running back. Then again, maybe not. None of the QBs or RBs on the team now are part of the future -- they're just playing out the string.

Old 08-21-2003, 09:41 PM   #132
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Quote:

I'll try again. They both "suck ass." Going back and forth about whether one is better than the other is like arguing over which piece of shit stinks less.
Why put down someone who is actually trying to debate something on this board and contribute? Sure its about Hutch and Carter but if you don't like the debate why prevent someone else from posting about the so called controversy?

kg did not put anyone down there. Re-read the damn post.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:41 PM   #133
QCarFan
Golden Member

carter played pretty damn good today in my opinion, and who on here can honestly say he should start? who can say he is a better qb than carter? they both may suck, but we got to pick one of them, no other way around it. and the better qb for this team is quincy carter.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:41 PM   #134
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Tony tha Mavs fan
Cowboys need to sign a veteran QB next offseason, and draft a QB to be the QB of the future.

The worst thing the Cowboys could do is draft a qb. THat is the last position they need to draft right now. You don't go out and get your future qb and have him play behind this line and running game. Thats stupid. You think Carr got sacked last year? We are talking over 70 sacks with this squad. Go out and get some offensive lineman draft one in the 1st or 2nd round than we can talk about our future qb. A rookie qb would get killed behind this o-line.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 09:43 PM   #135
Drbio
Banned

What is so hard to understand that both QB's suck ass? Some here (no names) are so in lust with Qspare that they can't admit the plain and clear truth of the matter. Herein lies the origin of much frustration.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:44 PM   #136
QCarFan
Golden Member

who cares if you put me down, i have been put down before. its not a big deal, but back to this debate.

if pitt makes the 2pt coversion or tie it, does hutch win the game for us? this is his chance to secure the number 2 spot
Old 08-21-2003, 09:44 PM   #137
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

kg did not put anyone down there. Re-read the damn post.

I was replying to KG not BIO.

Quote:
Going back and forth about whether one is better than the other is like arguing over which piece of shit stinks less

Thats what I was referring to. Let the guy debate about what he wants to is all I was saying.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 09:45 PM   #138
Drbio
Banned

good grief.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:46 PM   #139
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hey, thats you guys opinion. i think quincy is good, but hey everyone entitled to their opinion. who is the better qb on this team? carter, and he has proved it once again. they both may suck, but you got to pick one. and the better player for this team is carter, the better qb is carter period. hutchinson has showed absolutely nothing and has gotten plenty of chances. he couldnt do anything against scrubs, yet carter did it against a good defense. but gets no credit.
Assume I agree with you that Carter is the best QB the Cowboys have. Do you honestly believe that Carter is objectively "good"? That is, do you think of him as an above average NFL quarterback? Or do you just think he's good in comparison to Hutchinson?

Old 08-21-2003, 09:46 PM   #140
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
who cares if you put me down, i have been put down before. its not a big deal, but back to this debate.

if pitt makes the 2pt coversion or tie it, does hutch win the game for us? this is his chance to secure the number 2 spot

He did not freaking put you down. Do you guys even read the entire posts?
Old 08-21-2003, 09:47 PM   #141
QCarFan
Golden Member

ok, they both suck ass. ok, some of you guys have made that pretty clear. but just answer the questions. heres the post again

carter played pretty damn good today in my opinion, and who on here can honestly say he should start? who can say he is a better qb than carter? they both may suck, but we got to pick one of them, no other way around it. and the better qb for this team is quincy carter

do hutch win it for us? the pressure is on, lol
Old 08-21-2003, 09:47 PM   #142
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Qcarfan, it useless. The only ones complaining are the ones who were in favor of Hutch or thought he had more upside than Carter. Now that Carter has outplayed Hutch people are upset. They both are unexperienced qbs who were brought into a bad situation that has probaly caused there NFL career to go sour.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 09:49 PM   #143
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Qcarfan, it useless. The only ones complaining are the ones who were in favor of Hutch or thought he had more upside than Carter. Now that Carter has outplayed Hutch people are upset. ........

FFM- your inference is once again incorrect. I have no idea how you come up with some of this crap. Truly. The complete and total lack of factual basis in some of your claims is mind boggling.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:49 PM   #144
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
I thought my post made it evidently clear that I think it's a pointless debate; thus, if someone is debating pointlessly, I'm going to tell them.

Also, making a conclusory and self-serving statement doesn't really constitute debate.

Old 08-21-2003, 09:52 PM   #145
Drbio
Banned

Hang in there a minute KG....he's looking up "conclusory".
Old 08-21-2003, 09:53 PM   #146
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
ok, they both suck ass. ok, some of you guys have made that pretty clear. but just answer the questions. heres the post again

carter played pretty damn good today in my opinion, and who on here can honestly say he should start? who can say he is a better qb than carter? they both may suck, but we got to pick one of them, no other way around it. and the better qb for this team is quincy carter

do hutch win it for us? the pressure is on, lol
I'll answer your question. Carter should start.

Now answer mine.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:53 PM   #147
QCarFan
Golden Member

thats kind of like the media huh ffm, some are afraid to admit they are wrong, and dont want to eat that crow. just eat it guys, its alright. lol.

and kg_veteran i think quincy is pretty good, and has showed me that he is in the preseason. i think you guys are underestimating him purely because you all were wrong about him, from what i have read the last week since the game last week. in my opinion he will be a good, not decent, but good starting qb for the cowboys. some of you were already saying he wouldnt start for the cowboys and he wouldnt be around, but he is around and has EARNED the starting job for this team
Old 08-21-2003, 09:53 PM   #148
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
I thought my post made it evidently clear that I think it's a pointless debate; thus, if someone is debating pointlessly, I'm going to tell them.

Also, making a conclusory and self-serving statement doesn't really constitute debate.

But why waste bandwith? You have said this repeatedly and no one has really paid any attention to it.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 09:54 PM   #149
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Hang in there a minute KG....he's looking up "conclusory".

Its funny. I ignore you and you have to insult me to get my attention. I will continue to ignore you until you post like you have some sense.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 09:55 PM   #150
QCarFan
Golden Member

my answer is, he will be a good qb, most of you guys were wrong about him starting, so whos to say how he will do this season? i think he will do good, you guys dont. one thing is for sure, we will find out.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:57 PM   #151
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Qcarfan, it useless. The only ones complaining are the ones who were in favor of Hutch or thought he had more upside than Carter. Now that Carter has outplayed Hutch people are upset. They both are unexperienced qbs who were brought into a bad situation that has probaly caused there NFL career to go sour.
That's it. I'm upset because Quincy Carter sucks ass to a lesser degree than Hutchinson. FFM, that's ludicrous, man.

The only reason I'm upset is because Jerry Jones acquired not one, but two, quarterbacks that suck ass.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:57 PM   #152
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But why waste bandwith? You have said this repeatedly and no one has really paid any attention to it.

Wow. FFM accusing someone of wasting bandwidth is like Liberace giving Pierce Brosnan fashion tips.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:58 PM   #153
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
thats kind of like the media huh ffm, some are afraid to admit they are wrong, and dont want to eat that crow. just eat it guys, its alright. lol.

and kg_veteran i think quincy is pretty good, and has showed me that he is in the preseason. i think you guys are underestimating him purely because you all were wrong about him, from what i have read the last week since the game last week. in my opinion he will be a good, not decent, but good starting qb for the cowboys. some of you were already saying he wouldnt start for the cowboys and he wouldnt be around, but he is around and has EARNED the starting job for this team

If you don't come out like Aikman you won't get any respect from a small amount of fans. If you don't play like Aikman you won't get any support from a small amount of fans. I think what really makes people upset is that Quincy was suppose to be cut this offseason and has managed to beat out Hutch for the starting spot. People don't like that. Like I said I have no problem with anyone wanting Hutch to be the starter. I have a problem with people insulting me because I don't want him to be.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 10:00 PM   #154
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
That's it. I'm upset because Quincy Carter sucks ass to a lesser degree than Hutchinson. FFM, that's ludicrous, man.

The only reason I'm upset is because Jerry Jones acquired not one, but two, quarterbacks that suck ass.

I actually wasn't referring to you KG. There are other posters on this site who fit that description.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 10:00 PM   #155
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
I have a problem with people insulting me because I don't want him to be.

Yet another misconstrued conclusion with no factual basis or linear thought.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:01 PM   #156
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:

Please tell me why you believe he's going to be a good quarterback.

Old 08-21-2003, 10:01 PM   #157
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

I've been listening to this QB talk like everyone else in Dallas all Summer. Frankly, I'm sick of it. The biggest problem is that everyone comes into the convesation with a bias. After reading this thread, those with Hutch biases are making all kinds of excuses for him, the biggest one being that both QB's suck. As an unbias uncaring observer, I have to say that is a serious case of sour grapes. I usually listen to everything DrBio says about the Mavs and would never even dare to disagree with him, but in this case, I have to say - you sound like a little baby throughout this thread.

The bottom line is after this game, the Cowboys have found thier starter. Any unbiased observer that doesn't care who is the QB as long as Dallas starts competing in some games this year and maybe winning a few, can easily see that QCard is way ahead of Hutch at this point. Please spare me your argumentative, biased replies full of spin control.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:01 PM   #158
QCarFan
Golden Member

hutch puts up 7pts in what, almost 3 quarters? this guy sucks, and should be getting cut any minute now. the turk needs to be visiting, or he should already have the note in his locker. i dont know if he will be cut, but he should be. cut or put on the practice squad or something, he hasnt earned a spot on this roster
Old 08-21-2003, 10:03 PM   #159
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow. FFM accusing someone of wasting bandwidth is like Liberace giving Pierce Brosnan fashion tips.

I hope everyone is viewing Bio's posts. This is all because Hutch sucked tonight. He actually thought he would come out and produce against some 2nd stringers and didn't do it. Remember he started this. I have said nothing to this guy all night.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 10:04 PM   #160
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
FFM, I'll continue saying it until people catch on. It would be like arguing whether Popeye Jones or Evan Eschmeyer should be the 12th man. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference. If Carter or Hutchinson had a future in this league, then it might be worth debating who should start.